Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 2: 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it is always hard to predict what they will wear. Not to speak of the difference of my wishes and my predictions.

Queen Silvia
10 - Just like you I hope the Queen will opt for something else than the Nine Prong or the Leuchtenberg Sapphires, it would indeed be lovely to see the Cameo Parure again.
11 - I think the Queen will go with the Nine Prong here, maybe the Connaught, but she has used that one quite frequently lately.

Crown Princess Victoria
10 - It would be nice to see her with the Cut Steel Tiara again, or the Amethyst Tiara.
11 - It has been a long time since we saw the Diamond Bandeau, the few times we have seen it on the Crown Princess it has been lovely. It is alos very suitable for the less (but still very) formal dinner at the Palace. However I think she will go with the Baden Fringe or Lilian's Tiara.

Princess Sofia
10 - Time has come for her to use another tiara. Whatever we think about the Four button tiara, I think it is a likely second tiara for Sofia.
11 - Her wedding emerald tiara.

Princess Madeleine
10 - Princess Madeleine has become the most difficult one to predict. I like the Aquamarine Tiara, but I want to see something else and not the same tiara as last year. Thus it would be nice to see her with the Connaught Tiara again, or why not debute the Ruby Tiara?
11 - The Modern Fringe Tiara

Last edited:
I would love to see Silvia wear the Cameo and Madeleine wear the Connaught at this years event as well. As for other jewels, I would love to see Madeleine wear the emerald demi parure for the first time at the event.

What I would love

Silvia cameo one day and the Braganza the other
Victoria the amathyst one day and big cut steel the other
Madeleine the Connaught one day and the kokoshnik the other
Sofia her wedding tiara one day and the diamond rivière the other

What I suspect

Silvia the nine prongs and sapphire
Victoria the Baden fringe and maybe the cut steel (possibly the Connaught)
Madeleine the modern fringe and amathyst (possibly the kokoshnik)
Sofia her wedding and the four button

Correct. Bettina and her husband is there nowdays. Not Björn. Still think it would be nice to see all 5 "Mainau siblings" there for a year.

Yes i've been hoping for many years now that Silvia would wear the Cameo tiara.

The Connaught Ruby Tiara would be nice too. But i think it's a more likely option for 11:th december. Don't think they'll start use it on high profile events until after Countess Marianne has died, out of respect for the earlier controversies with Count Sigvard.

I really hope Princess Christina can attend but if she can't, it would be good to see one of her sisters take her place.

Last edited:
It would be very nice to see any of the other Haga Princesses even if Princess Christina is well enough to attend. Imo, it's really a pity that they don't attend even form time to time.

As for the ruby tiara, I don't even think that the Queen will wear it on the second night either. The cameo tiara would be the nicest option, imo. She has't worn it since 2007, it's about time to give another go. I's also be content to see her with the amethysts again, but I that seems not very likely. I think she left it to her daughters for the bigger events, while she herself only wears it for smaller events these days. Or it would be great if she wore the Braganza for the first time on Nobel day. That would be a stunner!

It would be very nice to see any of the other Haga Princesses even if Princess Christina is well enough to attend. Imo, it's really a pity that they don't attend even form time to time.

As for the ruby tiara, I don't even think that the Queen will wear it on the second night either. The cameo tiara would be the nicest option, imo. She has't worn it since 2007, it's about time to give another go. I's also be content to see her with the amethysts again, but I that seems not very likely. I think she left it to her daughters for the bigger events, while she herself only wears it for smaller events these days. Or it would be great if she wore the Braganza for the first time on Nobel day. That would be a stunner!

Always stunning to see the Braganza Tiara, but I don't think we'll see it on Nobel. Hopefully it wont be too long, if she continues the tradition of using it for incoming state visits from fellow monarchs.

I think the Braganza tiara is unlikely to be worn at the Nobels. But i also hope that Queen Silvia will wear it again at incoming State Visits from other monarchies. Let's hope that there will be State Visits from the 3 royal couples in the next years. I think that the ruby tiara is not worn so much has not only to do with it's contorvoers history about the ownershps but also with the fact that it is probably difficult to war as it is a very high tiara but not not very wide.
I also think that when Sofia will wear a new for her tiara it will be the four button. The only problem i see with it is that it needs good tiara hair to hide that ugly frame and so far her hairdresser has so far always placed her emerald wedding tiara very oddly.

I hope the aquamarine kokoshnik-style diadem is added to the Bernadotte Foundation and not given in personal ownership.

I hope all tiaras will be transferred to the family foundation. With a growing Royal family it could end up like in Belgium where the tiara vault is almost empty if people are allowed to own them privately, inherite them from their parents or give them away as gifts.

It is better to have them all safe in a family foundation and that they can be lent to any family member on grand occassions.

I don't think the Braganza tiara will be worn at Nobel. At least not on 10:th December. It is heavy and i don't understand how Silvia managed to have it on her head trough the whole day at Victorias wedding. She must have had headaches for weeks afterwards.

I hope they let Sofia avoid the 4-buttons or the mickey mouse tiara as some people call it. I really don't like that at all.

I would love to see Queen Silvia use the Cameo, and Victoria use the larger Cut Steel tiara. I would also love to see the emerald necklace used again, by either the Queen or the Crown Princess.

If Catherine attends the Diplomatic reception again this year, I would love if she wore the Cambridge tiara again. It would be a great combination with that tiara and the South African diamonds from the Queen. I hope she will never wear her wedding tiara again.

If Catherine attends the Diplomatic reception again this year, I would love if she wore the Cambridge tiara again. It would be a great combination with that tiara and the South African diamonds from the Queen. I hope she will never wear her wedding tiara again.

Honestly, at this point, she's been more versatile with tiaras than any of us expected her to be. She's only had a handful of tiara appearances and she's worn three different tiaras.

I hope she adds a fourth! Too many beautiful tiaras languishing in the jewel vaults.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I would be surprised if Catherine used any more tiaras than those she already has until she becomes PoW or even Queen. That said, it would be great up see her use some of the other jewellery in ttf royal family vaults : the Greville ruby necklace, perhaps the Greville chandelier earrings, perhaps a sapphire necklace. ....

Honestly, at this point, she's been more versatile with tiaras than any of us expected her to be. She's only had a handful of tiara appearances and she's worn three different tiaras.

I hope she adds a fourth! Too many beautiful tiaras languishing in the jewel vaults.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

It is unlikely she will have four different Windsor tiaras at her disposal as Duchess of Cambridge, while Camilla, who outranks Kate, does not.

I don't think Catherine will given more tiara's on her dispsoal before she becomes Pricness of Wales. I would like to see her wearing the Cartier Halo tiara with an elgeant updoo so that is is more visible then on her Wedding Day. It would look probably good against her dark hair.

I think Camilla have her pick of tiaras, but she loves to stick with her honeycomb Tiara or her family tiara.

Catherine appears to have her pick and seems to be okay with exploring. I would like to see her in her wedding tiara too.

Sadly no state banquet for the King and Queen of the Netherlands in Australia.

Hopefully, Máxima will go for a small tiara in New Zealand on the 7th of November. She sometimes wears a tiara when visiting a republic (Canada, Poland) and sometimes she doesn't (South-Korea, China, France).

Otherwise, we still have the Belgian State Visit to the Netherlands. I'm sure Máxima will sparkle for that occasion. I certainly expect a big gun.

:previous: Canada is not a republic we are a constitutional monarchy, as are New Zealand and Australia, as the queen is head of state. Perhaps do to a strong republican movement in Australia, which outside of Quebec there isn't in Canada, Maxima chooses not to wear a tiara.

I look forward yo the Belgian state visit as it is sure for some bling. :flowers:

Sadly no state banquet for the King and Queen of the Netherlands in Australia.

Hopefully, Máxima will go for a small tiara in New Zealand on the 7th of November. She sometimes wears a tiara when visiting a republic (Canada, Poland) and sometimes she doesn't (South-Korea, China, France).

Otherwise, we still have the Belgian State Visit to the Netherlands. I'm sure Máxima will sparkle for that occasion. I certainly expect a big gun.
It depends on the dresscode. When the dresscode is black tie she has worn a tiara. But in France China and South Korea the dresscode was short gown for the woman and suits for the men so a tiara would look very odd.

It depends on the dresscode. When the dresscode is black tie she has worn a tiara. But in France China and South Korea the dresscode was short gown for the woman and suits for the men so a tiara would look very odd.

Indeed, when the dresscode is just suit-and-tie then royal ladies will restraint themselves in the jewelry department.

In France, during the Dutch State Visit, we saw the unusual situation that the dresscode for the State Banquet at the Palais de l'Élysée (picture) was lower than the dresscode for the return event at the Petit Palais (picture). Not that M le Président de la République was bothered at all by a dresscode, seeing that awful wrinkled sweaty polyester-looking suit...

For King Harald's possible 80th birthday gala, anyone predict Mette Marit will wear a new/borrowed tiara? If not, hopefully she will wear the small pearl tiara she wore at Victoria's wedding.

For King Harald's possible 80th birthday gala, anyone predict Mette Marit will wear a new/borrowed tiara? If not, hopefully she will wear the small pearl tiara she wore at Victoria's wedding.
That would be something! Don't we all want to see Queen Maud's diamond tiara again, the one that Princess Ragnhild used to wear?

Alas, I don't think that we will. Imo, we can be glad if Mette-Marit wears amethyst tiara once again, instead of her favourite daisy bandeau. Maybe, if we are very lucky, she'll wear the beautiful pearl tiara again.

I have the impression, that Märtha-Louise likes playing around with different tiaras more than her sister-in-law. What if she tries out the modern gold tiara. :)biggrin::eek: Ha, I know that now I have shocked you all!!!)

That would be something! Don't we all want to see Queen Maud's diamond tiara again, the one that Princess Ragnhild used to wear?

Alas, I don't think that we will. Imo, we can be glad if Mette-Marit wears amethyst tiara once again, instead of her favourite daisy bandeau. Maybe, if we are very lucky, she'll wear the beautiful pearl tiara again.

I have the impression, that Märtha-Louise likes playing around with different tiaras more than her sister-in-law. What if she tries out the modern gold tiara. :)biggrin::eek: Ha, I know that now I have shocked you all!!!)

I think if we well see Quad Maud's tiara worn it will be on Queen Sonja as the first one. I think the 80th birthday of King Harald would bhe the perfect occasion to use it the first time as it is a special Event.
I would like to see the small setting on Mette-Marit again but please placed better and not so akward like at the swedish royal Wedding when ii did not look very good on her.

CP Mette-Marit seems to liker her tiaras tilted back so that they nearly disappear in her hair. She should take a leaf out of Princess Märtha-Louise's book and wear them proudly upright, with big hair to support it properly.

I have got a feeling that Queen Sonja will not wear her sister-in-law's former tiara. And worse, I think that they will leave it in the vault till Ingrid Alexandra is 20, or 21.

Another tiara I would desperately like to see would be the pink tourmaline parure last owned by Countess Estelle. It must be either in Norway, or in Sweden. Rumours are a bit contradicting in that respect, but I believe that it is in Norway. I don't think that pink is the best colour for the Queen, but it would be lovely on Mette-Marit.

Anyway, I really, really hope the King's 80th birthday will be a big tiara affair, and that some ladies will wear a first time tiara. (King Carl Gustav's BD this year was a bit disappointing in that respect.)

I still hope to see Queen Maud#s diamond tiara on Queens Sonja. It would be too big as a starter tiara for Ingrid Alexandra. in think it s a tiara for a Queen or Crown pricness. A nice starter tiara for Ingrid Alexandra would either her mothers daisy bandeau or the Vasa tiara. But as this one is still with Princess Astrid i doubt that it will be her first tiara.
Somehow i have a feeeling that on a future Queen Mette-Marit we will not see the big tiara like the emerald Parure or the Désirée tiara very much used and she will stick to smaller tiaras.

As for a possible 80th birthday celebration for the King so far nothing has been announced but i still hope they will celebrate it in a grand way. Could also be that the make a joined celebration for the King and Queen's 80th birthday together later in the year like the did for the 60th birthday celebrations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom