The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-15-2016, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Is it before or after their State Visit to the Netherlands ?
We don't know because the date for the State Visit to the Netherlands has not been announced.
My guess is that Mathilde will wear in Japan the empire tiara in full setting and perhaps the wolfers tiara as necklace with it. Hope that Masako will also attend the State Banquet and that she will wear the scroll tiara with matching necklace she wore at her wedding Day. She hasn't worn it in the last years but always the fringe like tiara.

Old 08-15-2016, 07:06 PM
Majesty

I predict Mathilde will wear the full version of the Nine Provinces tiara.

Old 08-15-2016, 08:20 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke of poliganc View Post
it's been finally announced , The Belgian King & Queen will pay a State Visit to Japan from 9 - 15 October 2016.
Queen Mathilde will probably wear the full version of the Nine Provinces tiara, but I am still hoping she will debut Queen Fabiola's Soanish wedding gift tiara.
Old 08-16-2016, 12:16 AM
Nobility

i was hoping the same thing but also i would be pleased if she wore the full Nine Provinces tiara with another new piece like the emeralds from queen astrid and queen fabiola and the aquamarine sets from Q fabiola collection
Old 08-16-2016, 03:37 AM
Super Moderator

ath
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Queen Mathilde will probably wear the full version of the Nine Provinces tiara, but I am still hoping she will debut Queen Fabiola's Soanish wedding gift tiara.
I too hope that mathilde will wear the spanish Wedding gift tiara. But as the imperial laides of Japan have only diamond tiaras i think Mathilde will not wear a tiara with coloured stones there.
Old 08-16-2016, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
ath
I too hope that mathilde will wear the spanish Wedding gift tiara. But as the imperial laides of Japan have only diamond tiaras i think Mathilde will not wear a tiara with coloured stones there.
I agree, it's not so likely that the Queen will wear coloured stones in Japan. If the wears the Spanish gift tiara this year, it will more likely be in the Netherlands. Let's hope that a date for that visit will be released soon.

Unfortunately there is not so much to guess when it comes to the Japanese royal ladies. The Empress does not wear tiaras anymore. CP Masako hasn't worn her wedding tiara for years, she always wears the fringe tiara to the few events she attends. Of the other ladies Princess Hitachi and Princess Takamado are the only ones who own more than one tiara, but it's not even sure that there will be pictures of them.

Old 09-05-2016, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Tiara alert ahead! Tomorrow is the start of the Norwegian State Visit to Finland. What are your guesses for Queen Sonja's tiara?

I think that she'll wear the large version of the pearl and diamond tiara. Finland still has a white tie dress code, don't they? So I think she'll rather go for the full version and not for the small one.

Old 09-05-2016, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Tiara alert ahead! Tomorrow is the start of the Norwegian State Visit to Finland. What are your guesses for Queen Sonja's tiara?

I think that she'll wear the large version of the pearl and diamond tiara. Finland still has a white tie dress code, don't they? So I think she'll rather go for the full version and not for the small one.
I hope that she will wear the Desirée diamond tiara. She has worn it previosuly at State Visits to Finland.
Old 09-05-2016, 04:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post

Quote:
I hope that she will wear the Desirée diamond tiara. She has worn it previosuly at State Visits to Finland.
Both tiaras are good guesses and wishes, my only wish is to see something else than the Emerald Parure Tiara. As Queen Sonja wore Queen Josephine's Diamond Tiara for the incoming state visit from Finland in 2012, I doubt she will wear it this time.
Old 09-06-2016, 02:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

First photos of queen Sonja at the state dinner
http://static.iltalehti.fi/viihde/ha..._060916_vi.jpg
http://static.iltalehti.fi/viihde/ha..._060916_vi.jpg
Old 09-06-2016, 02:32 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
ath
Queen Fabiola wore the Spanish tiara though (and the Wolfers as a necklace) when she visited Japan in 1964.

I can't tell, however, which stones she wore it with, as the movie is black and white. I also wonder if it was one of the fake stone sets or if they had already been replaced with real ones.
Old 09-06-2016, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Is that Queen Maud's Pearl and Diamond Tiara?
Old 09-06-2016, 03:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, the larger version.
Old 09-06-2016, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Queen Fabiola wore the Spanish tiara though (and the Wolfers as a necklace) when she visited Japan in 1964.

I can't tell, however, which stones she wore it with, as the movie is black and white. I also wonder if it was one of the fake stone sets or if they had already been replaced with real ones.
Interesting thanks. But it seems that it was the return Dinner not the State Banquet. The stones in the spanish tiara look quiet dark so my guess is that it where the emeralds.
Old 09-06-2016, 05:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Sonja wears her daughter's wedding tiara .
Old 09-07-2016, 01:50 PM
Majesty

If the Belgian state visit to Holland is a tiara event, I think Mathilde will wear the base of the Nine Provinces tiara, and Maxima in the Rose Cut tiara.
Old 09-07-2016, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
If the Belgian state visit to Holland is a tiara event, I think Mathilde will wear the base of the Nine Provinces tiara, and Maxima in the Rose Cut tiara.
The State Baqnquet will for sure be a white tie Event. And i hope thjat Queen mathilde will wear either the full nine provinces tiara or debut the spanish Wedding gift tiara preferable in the coornet Version.
And i also hope that Queen Máxima will wear a biger tiara then the rose cute bandeau.
Old 09-07-2016, 04:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Queen Sonja wears her daughter's wedding tiara .
Yes, but the larger version. There are two forms for queen Maudie's tiara. The smaller version was worn by Martha Louise on her wedding and has been worn by both her and MM. The larger, with the more prominent front which is more obvious profile pic of the queen, is the form Sonja tends to use.

As for the state visit I would love to see max in the pearl tiara she wore in Japan. Beyond the sapphire, it is my favourite Dutch. I think Mathilde will wear the nine provinces, would love to see the full, but likely will simply wear the bandeau.
Old 09-07-2016, 06:55 PM
Commoner

I think in november on banquet we will see Queen Mathilde in Nine Provinces Tiara or Spanish Gift Tiara and Queen Màxima in Queen Emma's Diamond Tiara or Antique Pearl Tiara. I dream, one day she will wear Stuart Tiara
Old 09-08-2016, 02:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen Mathilde wore definitely the full Nine Provinces Tiara and Queen Maxima many choices!! Must think it!