Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tilia C.

Former Moderator
City
O
Country
Germany

Being a huge fan of these glorious, glittering, dazzling tiaras, I often amuse myself with guessing which tiaras the royal ladies will wear for the next gala event. Maybe some of you would like to join this sport? It would be much more fun together.
So, today begins the state visit of the Indian president to Great Britain.
So here is my guess:
the Queen: Queen Alexandra’s Kokoshnik Tiara
Duchess of Cornwall: it seems unlikely that the Delhi Durbar will make an appearance tonight. I would love to see her to dig out something we haven’t seen for ages. There must be so many near-forgotten tiaras in the vaults. But most likely she will wear the Honeycomb Tiara.

What are your guesses?

I think the DOFC will where the Delhi Dubar tonight.

I don't think so. It would be a rather odd, and contreversial, choice to wear the Empress of India's tiara to welcome the president of the republic of india. I think we'll see, as usual, the honeycomb tiara.

I wasn't sure which royal ladies will be present tonight. Afaik Edward and Sophie usually don't attend.
I agree with you, lumutqueen, for the tiara Princess Anne might wear.

My sense is that the the jewels this evening will be relatively low key. HM may well be in the Girls of Great Britain or perhaps the sapphire tiara. The DoC will almost certainly be in the Boucheron Honeycomb tiara, though she may use either the sapphires or the emeralds she received from the Saudi's.

I would not be surprised to see HM wearing the emeralds, since they have a connection to India, and with the Girls tiara, or possibly the kokoshink--however, she has been wearing a lot of blue lately so we may well see some sapphires. I don't think we'll see rubies because she wore them recently.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see the Duchess of Cornwall wearing something besides that Boucheron tiara, which is beautiful, but I would like to see something different. The Durbar would be beautiful to see, but, well, most likely not. I would be supremely surprised to see that tonight. Although, we did see her in purple today with those lovely multi-gem brooches--how nice that would be if she was giving us a hint and was going to wear the Kent amethysts with the Boucheron??? Lovely. But, I agree with everyone and think that it would be nice to see a different tiara.

My guesses: QEII will be wearing the Delhi Durbar tiara & the DoC the Boucheron tiara.

I don't think the Queen has ever worn the Delhi Durbar tiara in public... and she's not a great lover of innovation, so probably not. IMO of course! :flowers:

Well, you have guessed right, Iowabelle. The Queen wore the modern ruby tiara, which is gorgeous as well. But I heard that the DoC did wear the Boucheron Honeycomb tiara, which means this is a "half victory" for me, although there are no pictures available yet.

Congratulations to those who got it half-right!:flowers: No one got the jack-pot, but since there is no fortune to win...
I was fairly disappointed, because I don't like HM's contemporary tiaras, including the Burmese Rubies, but obviously the Queen does not share my opinion. And no one could have guessed that Princess Anne would appear wearing something unseen and undefinable. Gosh, I am so curious to have a better look at her tiara! And I wish they would do better photos, like the Dutch or the Spanish. Those pictures at the dinner table never really show the jewels the way they should be seen.

So let's open the next round: If i am not mistaken, the next gala events are the state banquetts in Vietnam for the Danish state visit on Nov. 2nd and in Mexico for the Dutch state visit on Nov. 3rd. Most likely they will keep the jewels low key in both events.

So my guess for the first gala is:
Queen Margrete: the floral aigrette (It seems to be her favourite!) or maybe she will give the turqoise bandeau another go
CP Mary: her wedding tiara

I'll have to ponder a bit longer about the Dutch, they have sooo many options!

As long as QM avoids her golden poppies, everything's fine :bang:
Mary will wear her ruby tiara, no doubt ;) What options does Marie have, any idea? :flowers: Or maybe she won't even be there?

As long as QM avoids her golden poppies, everything's fine :bang:
Mary will wear her ruby tiara, no doubt ;) What options does Marie have, any idea? :flowers: Or maybe she won't even be there?

Marie hasn't been schedueled to attend the event. It's just the reigning couple and the Crown Prince Couple. :flowers:

Hmmm Queen Margrethe i hope will where the tiara she wore to the CP couples wedding. :)
Princess Mary the Midnight Tiara hopefully or her wedding one. Or something new. :flowers:

Thanks for replying, Lumutqueen :flowers: I would love to see Mary with a new tiara-I mean a different one-just for once! She needs a change, imo (although I do like the ruby tiara a lot) :)

I agree so about the poppies thingy, MelinaB.!!! But who knows, maybe the queen thinks that they would be appropriate in the context of Vietnamese culture?
As for CP Mary, I am convinced that she will keep her wonderful rubies at home and goes for the low key wedding tiara, in order to not appear ostentatious. Midnight tiara would be lovely, but it was only borrowed and I believe that she will not wear it again so soon after Prince Henrik's birthday gala (and maybe never again:sad:). If only the Danes would share their jewellery, she could borrow the turquoise bandeau from the queen and we would finally get to see good, clear pictures of it! (Oh, I'm just fantasizing, I know)

Now the Dutch ladies in Mexico:
Again I fear that they will keep the jewels low key, so the grand sapphire tiara might stay at home. The Queen already wore Queen Emma’s diamond tiara and the Mellerio rubies this year, so I am putting my (virtual) money on the pearl button tiara.
Princess Maxima seems fond of trying out all the tiaras of the collection, so let’s hope that she will surprise us once again. There are so many options for her, but if I have to pick one, I would say the laurel wreath tiara.

Can’t wait to see the pictures!
More thoughts, anyone? :flowers::flowers: For everybody who wants some inspiration, here’s the link of John’s gorgeous site about the Dutch royal jewellery: http://www.royaldutchjewels.nl/index.htm

Now, some will disagree with me, but I would love to see Maxima wear the tiara she wore on her wedding day in the near future. I think it is charming and whimsical-and she's more polished as a person now and we will probably never see it again. Sigh....

Now, some will disagree with me, but I would love to see Maxima wear the tiara she wore on her wedding day in the near future. I think it is charming and whimsical-and she's more polished as a person now and we will probably never see it again. Sigh....
I also like her wedding tiara, especially at her wedding, when those stars shone out of her veil:flowers:. Maxima wore it again at least twice after that, at the weddings of Märtha Louis and Ari Behn, and Frederik and Mary, if I remember correctly. Maybe she keeps it for weddings and will wear it next year in Sweden?

My guess for the Dutch state visit to Mexico: no tiaras. Queen Beatrix is always looking for an excuse so she doesn't have to wear them.

Really, I would think Q Bea would want to show her sparkle?

Anyhow, I'm going to guess that the Queen will wear either the Pearl Button Tiara or the Diamond Bandeau Tiara. My quess for CPMaxima is either Mellerio Ruby Tiara or the Diamond Bandeau Tiara.

I think HRH Princess Margriet will wear the Ears of Wheat Tiara, if invited, and HRH Princess Laurentien will wear the Laurel Wreath Tiara, if included.

We shall see............:whistling:

Queen Beatrix possible Wurttemberg Pearl Tiara that she wore for her wedding. :)
I think Maxima will wear the Aquamarine Parue. :flowers:
Princess Margriet the Ears Of Wheat Tiara.
Princess Laurentien Laurel Wreath.

:flowers:

My guess for the Dutch state visit to Mexico: no tiaras. Queen Beatrix is always looking for an excuse so she doesn't have to wear them.

Oh, Marengo! That is true; she gets horrible headaches. She needs to take some excedrin before she puts the thing on. What does she have that is rather lightweight? She seems to wear the redesigned version of Emma's Diamond tiara often (not that I mind--I think its beautiful)--
Queen Emma's Diamond Tiara

and, it would not break my heart at all to see the diamond bandeau make an appearance:
Diamond Bandeau Tiara

Oh dear... now I am torn apart! One side of me wants to see a whole load of sparkling tiaras, the other half is really understanding her. I'm very prone to headaches myself.
Well, it depend on the protocoll, doesn't it?
Besides I'm pretty sure that only the Queen, WA and Maxima travel to Mexico. So no Margriet and Laurentien.:ermm:

MelinaB. said:
Mary will wear her ruby tiara, no doubt ;)
I don't think we'll see Mary wearing the Ruby Tiara in Vietnam.
So far she only wore this tiara for galas in Denmark.
She never wore it abroad.
So, I think she's going to wear her wedding tiara.

Last edited:
The protocol in Vietnam is decidedly low key. If this visit follows the dress code of the Swedish state visit a couple of years ago, no tiaras will be worn.

Sadly, I do not think there will be any tiaras in Mexico or Vietnam. Is the ruby parure of Marys actually allowed to leave Denmark?

:previous:
Queen Ingrid's ruby parure is now the private property of CP Frederik, it's not designated crown jewellery. He could sell it tomorrow if he wanted to.

:previous:But Frederik is a decent bloke, so he won't sell it (unless he very desperately needs a new sailing boat:ROFLMAO:)
How often did Mary wear a tiara abroad? Maybe it is just conincidence that she only wore the rubies in Denmark until now. Maybe the rubies will start to travel once the CP couple has to attend more high profile galas abroad. Now that they start to accompany the queen on state visits, there might be a chance.

It will be a disappointment not to see tiaras in Mexico and Vietnam, but after all state visits are about more than just bling bling. (Just trying to console myself)
There is a Norwegian state visit to South Africa coming up. So, I guess that there will be another low key, tiara-free gala? Do we have to wait for the Nobel Price ceremony till we see some more?

:previous:
Queen Ingrid's ruby parure is now the private property of CP Frederik, it's not designated crown jewellery. He could sell it tomorrow if he wanted to.

I seriously doubt he will, but if he does I shall never forgive him :)
I don't think she will where the Ruby Parue, and I am coming round to the fact that no tiara's will be worn in Vietnam. :)

...How often did Mary wear a tiara abroad? Maybe it is just conincidence that she only wore the rubies in Denmark until now...

Mary's only worn a tiara abroad when she attended the King of Sweden's birthday gala back in 2006 IIRC. She did wear her wedding tiara as a necklace during the Australia tour in 2005.

Most likely, there won't be tiaras worn in South Africa either.
The only upcoming royal occasions before the Nobel festivties where tiaras should be worn are QE II's state visits to Bermuda, Trinidad and Tobago in the end of November.
Princess Diana wore tiaras on her visits to Canada, so in a few days' time we will see if the dress code has remained the same during the Prince of Wales/Duchess of Cornwall trip to Canada.

Mary's only worn a tiara abroad when she attended the King of Sweden's birthday gala back in 2006 IIRC. She did wear her wedding tiara as a necklace during the Australia tour in 2005.

She also wore her Wedding tiara for the birthday ball of King Harald 2 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom