Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Beatrix wore a diadem when visiting China. (picture)

:flowers:

But how many yeyars ago was this? 20 or 30 years probably. I guess that if the Banquet is suits and short gowns nthat there will be no tiara. Perhaps if we are lucky a broosh in her hair

At the swedish State Visit to France the dresscode was suits for the men and short gowns for the woman not black tie. And it are not Carl Gustaf and Silvia who decide which dresscode but the host which is in this case the President of Lithuania. But still disapponting that Silvia wore not tiara as she has aklso worn one at black tie Events.

Yes, you're right. I just checked the pictures of the French state visit and I was indeed mistaken.

I think Queen Silvia looks very nice though in the Lithuanian dinner.

Last edited:
Queen Beatrix wore a diadem when visiting China. (picture)
Máxima wore a diadem when receiving China. (picture)
I think she will wear a diadem or one of those wonderful antique haircombs which come handy. (picture)

:flowers:
Of course Maxima wore a tiara when receiving China! It's always the host who sets the dress code, the dress code for NL state banquets is always white tie, so the Dutch Queen always wears a tiara at home.

Queen Beatrix's visit was many years ago, things have changed till then. If the host sets suit and short dresses as dresscode, even Queen Maxima can't don a tiara, though it's not unlikely that she adds a brooch to her hair.

Of course Maxima wore a tiara when receiving China! It's always the host who sets the dress code, the dress code for NL state banquets is always white tie, so the Dutch Queen always wears a tiara at home.

Queen Beatrix's visit was many years ago, things have changed till then. If the host sets suit and short dresses as dresscode, even Queen Maxima can't don a tiara, though it's not unlikely that she adds a brooch to her hair.

Our very own magpie Queen will never let us down :D
I mean, Máx wouldn't be Máx anymore if she won't wear any bling!

At the swedish State Visit to France the dresscode was suits for the men and short gowns for the woman not black tie. And it are not Carl Gustaf and Silvia who decide which dresscode but the host which is in this case the President of Lithuania. But still disapponting that Silvia wore not tiara as she has aklso worn one at black tie Events.
Yes, it is disappointing that Queen Silvia didn't wear a tiara. I think that until know she has always worn tiaras at black tie state banquets. So we may be looking at another step in abolishing tiara events. They get more and more scarce :sad:, with only WA and Maxima stemming against the tide :D.

Yes, it is disappointing that Queen Silvia didn't wear a tiara. I think that until know she has always worn tiaras at black tie state banquets. So we may be looking at another step in abolishing tiara events. They get more and more scarce :sad:, with only WA and Maxima stemming against the tide :D.

I think it was expected to not see a tiara on Queen Silvia tonight, even if I would have liked it. I rather think that she occasionally wears tiara for black tie events (i.e. state banquets abroad). For example she opted for no tiara in both Poland and Latvia in recent years, for black tie state banquets.

I think we have been jinked this week,but it was fun guessing :D

I think we have been jinked this week,but it was fun guessing :D
Yes, at least the guessing was fun. But it's already October, the dry season should be over by now. I'm getting a bit restless ;).

I know that there still is some time until New Years, but I can't help it. What grand tiara events could we look forward to during 2016. I know that there are rumors about some royal-royal state visits as well.

What I hope (and kind off expect):
- King Harald V 25th Jubilee as King of Norway17th January
- King Carl XVI Gustaf's 70th Birthday 30th April

I'm willing to bet my last life saver that should Kate attend the Chinese state banquet, she will most likely wear the Halo tiara she wore at her wedding and her dress will be simple yet elegant. She's definitely a less is more kind of person.

I think she'll pretty much stick to that one tiara even through years of being Duchess of Cornwall and Cambridge with it being the one tiara that she passes down to her daughter when the time comes.

I know that there still is some time until New Years, but I can't help it. What grand tiara events could we look forward to during 2016. I know that there are rumors about some royal-royal state visits as well.

What I hope (and kind off expect):
- King Harald V 25th Jubilee as King of Norway17th January
- King Carl XVI Gustaf's 70th Birthday 30th April
I can't think of other big tiara events next year and hope that they really will be tiara events. It wouldn't surprise me, if King Harald decided against tiaras for his jubilee. We will have to wait and see. But the birthday of King Carl Gustav should have tiaras like his previous milestone birthdays.
:lol:What a joke this article is! But it shows that the journalists keep an eye on internet forums and realise that there is a big interest in tiaras. So they write about it. But they don't go for correct information, they just want a showy article.
I'm willing to bet my last life saver that should Kate attend the Chinese state banquet, she will most likely wear the Halo tiara she wore at her wedding and her dress will be simple yet elegant. She's definitely a less is more kind of person.

I think she'll pretty much stick to that one tiara even through years of being Duchess of Cornwall and Cambridge with it being the one tiara that she passes down to her daughter when the time comes.
I completely agree with you, and I'm absolutely convinced that the Duchess wore the papyrus tiara only because the halo scroll was not available. Had the scroll tiara not been lent to the Cartier exposition, she would have worn it to the diplomatic reception.

I can't think of other big tiara events next year and hope that they really will be tiara events. It wouldn't surprise me, if King Harald decided against tiaras for his jubilee. We will have to wait and see. But the birthday of King Carl Gustav should have tiaras like his previous milestone birthdays.

:lol:

I think we will have to wait for a Programm for King Harald's Jubilee. So far nothing has been announced yet. But usually the big celebrations in Norway like Wedding anniversaries, round birthdays etc. have included at last 1 tiara Event.

I think we will have to wait for a Programm for King Harald's Jubilee. So far nothing has been announced yet. But usually the big celebrations in Norway like Wedding anniversaries, round birthdays etc. have included at last 1 tiara Event.
In 2013 I had hoped for a tiara gala for King Carl Gustav's 40th jubilee. There was none, although the Swedish too usully have big tiara events for weddings and round birthdays.

There is a state visit from Tunisia to Sweden on 4-6th November.

And the Nobel Prices are coming up in less than two months! Hopefully four tiaras on Swedish side, would be awesome! 8 tiaras in 2 days!

And the Nobel Prices are coming up in less than two months! Hopefully four tiaras on Swedish side, would be awesome! 8 tiaras in 2 days!
Yeah, it will be very nice :) They usually wear 2 different tiaras. I wonder if Sophia will her her own both days or borrow one on one of the occasions :)

:lol:What a joke this article is! But it shows that the journalists keep an eye on internet forums and realise that there is a big interest in tiaras. So they write about it. But they don't go for correct information, they just want a showy article.

Very true! The DM actually says the Spencer tiara belongs to William; of course it is the property of Earl Spencer.
There's no way Kate could wear that. :eek:

Yeah, it will be very nice :) They usually wear 2 different tiaras. I wonder if Sophia will her her own both days or borrow one on one of the occasions :)
Well, last year the Queen was the only one who wore two different tiaras. All three princesses (Victoria, Madeleine & Christina) wore the same on both days :sad:. Of course I'd like to see 8 different tiaras, but I fear that at least Madeleine, Sofia and Christina will repeat their standard tiaras. And I hope that at least the Crown Princess will wear two.

Well, last year the Queen was the only one who wore two different tiaras. All three princesses (Victoria, Madeleine & Christina) wore the same on both days :sad:. Of course I'd like to see 8 different tiaras, but I fear that at least Madeleine, Sofia and Christina will repeat their standard tiaras. And I hope that at least the Crown Princess will wear two.
Aaah, that's true... :) Either well, it's tiaras :)

The Spencer tiara story comes from 2013. It was interpreted by some to mean the tiara was left to William and or Harry.

The problem is of course it was never Diana's to give away. Given Charles Spencer's penchant for selling family heirlooms I could see him flogging it off for a price though.

Earl Spencer, the younger brother of Diana, Princess of Wales is to close down the exhibition at Althorp next year.

Lord Spencer, who vowed to protect Diana’s memory from the pulpit at Westminster Abbey during her funeral, is to hand over its contents to his nephews, the Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry.

“It will close worldwide in August 2014,” confirms a spokesman for Charles Spencer, who took the show, Diana: A Celebration, on tour to America.

The collection includes 28 of Diana’s dresses, two tiaras and other priceless family jewels as well as pictures, letters and home movies.

Lord Spencer says Diana’s will stated that her belongings were to be “looked after” by him until both of her sons turned 30, at which point the contents would transfer into their possession. Prince Harry will be 30 next year.
Earl Spencer to hand over Diana’s treasures to Princes William and Harry - Telegraph

As I thought then, lets hope for some glittering state visits instead.

In 2013 I had hoped for a tiara gala for King Carl Gustav's 40th jubilee. There was none, although the Swedish too usully have big tiara events for weddings and round birthdays.
We have to wait and see how it will be celebrated. King Carl gustraf also celebrated his Silver Jubilee without a big Gala and foreign Royals. Can't remeber how King Olav celebrated his Sivler Jubilee. But usually the norwegian Royals have at last 1 Gala. They even had had a white tie Gala at Haakon's confirmation.

It will be interesting to see which tiara Sofia will wear at the tunesian State Visit. If she wears her Wedding tiara again or of the other smaller tiara's from the Family foundation. For the Queen i guess either the nine pronge or the Connaught tiara and Victoria the baden fringe tiara or the Cut steel tiara.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see which tiara Sofia will wear at the tunesian State Visit. If she wears her WEdding tiara again or of the othjer smaller tiara from the Family foundation. For the Queen i guess either the nine pronge or the Connaught tiara and Vuictoria the baden fringe tiara or the Cut steel tiara.

I think that the Tunisian state visit will be very standard in the tiara division.
Queen Silvia - The Nine Prong
Crown Princess Victoria - The Cut Steel Bandeau
Princess Sofia - Emerald Wedding Tiara, but of course nice to see her with a tiara for the first time at a state banquet.

There a rumours on a Belgian state visit to the Netherlands next year. Now, that would give some bling!
The French President invited the Dutch Royal Couple for a statevisit in March 2016, but neither Silvia nor Letizia wore a tiara in France. However, it's Max.
Perhaps (very small chance) there will be another incoming state visit for the Dutch somewhere in November or so. They haven't had any incoming state visits yet this year. Usually, there are two incoming and two outgoing.

We have to wait and see how it will be celebrated. King Carl gustraf also celebrated his Silver Jubilee without a big Gala and foreign Royals. Can't remeber how King Olav celebrated his Sivler Jubilee. But usually the norwegian Royals have at last 1 Gala. They even had had a white tie Gala at Haakon's confirmation.

Under Olav, there was gala for everything. Scanpix has a few photos of events, but only one gala event. So there was at least an opera performance and one can assume a dinner of some kind, though I haven't found photos.

If Harald follows Olav's actions, then we can hope for at least a gala dinner.

There a rumours on a Belgian state visit to the Netherlands next year. Now, that would give some bling!
The French President invited the Dutch Royal Couple for a statevisit in March 2016, but neither Silvia nor Letizia wore a tiara in France. However, it's Max.
Perhaps (very small chance) there will be another incoming state visit for the Dutch somewhere in November or so. They haven't had any incoming state visits yet this year. Usually, there are two incoming and two outgoing.

Wit a dresscode who has suits for the men and short gowns for the woman not even Máxima can wear a tiara for a State Banquet at the Elysee.
I have also read that there are rumours about a spanish State Visit to the UK. If they are true then i think it is likely we will see Letizia in one of the bigger tiaras.

It will be interesting to see which tiara Sofia will wear at the tunesian State Visit. If she wears her Wedding tiara again or of the other smaller tiara's from the Family foundation. For the Queen i guess either the nine pronge or the Connaught tiara and Victoria the baden fringe tiara or the Cut steel tiara.
I think that Sofia will wear the emerald tiara a couple of times before she wears a Bernadotte tiara for the first time. Given that Madeleine hasn't worn anything other than her modern fringe for a long time, I think that the other tiaras are meant for rare occasions. Maybe she'll wear something else for the Kings birthday next year?
The Belgian SV to NL is bound to be very glittering! I'm already looking forward to it! Eg. I hope that Princess Laurentien will be seen with a tiara again, since they have moved back to NL and usually royal-royal SV's mean 'all hands on deck'.:D

The state banquets in Paris nowadays have the dress code suit and short dresses. Even Maxima can't wear a tiara with that dress code.

Wit a dresscode who has suits for the men and short gowns for the woman not even Máxima can wear a tiara for a State Banquet at the Elysee.
I have also read that there are rumours about a spanish State Visit to the UK. If they are true then i think it is likely we will see Letizia in one of the bigger tiaras.

Incidentally, I came across the same rumor yesterday about a possible Spanish state visit to the UK. The royal houses of the UK and Spain have good relations at the personal level, but the Gibraltar issue remains a permanent focus of tension between the two countries.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom