Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll make some guesses on the China/Britain state visit and the nobel.

China/Britain:
The Queen: The Girls... (wish: the oriental ruby tiara!)
If DoCornwall is there: The Greville tiara
IF DoCambridge is there: The Halo Scroll tiara

Nobel:
Queen Silvia: Cameo.. or Amethyst
Victoria: Maybe Lillians laurel wreath
Madeleine: Her go-to fringe tiara
Sofia: Her wedding tiara

Also Queen Margrethe didn't wear a tiara on the SV to China. The dresscode was just suit. I am not sure about Indonesia and Lithuania, but I think that we won't see tiaras there.

But usually there is a Representation Dinner in Sweden each autumn. (I bet that will be Sofia's second tiara date!)

And Norway always holds a gala for the Parliament (Stortinget), usually in October.

Also I read that QEII will bring a State Visit to Malta. But I'm not sure if the information is correct, it might be just a normal visit without gala (I hope not!).

It would be very surprising if there were no incoming State Visits announced in autumn. But we'll have to wait and see.

And then there is the Stuyvesand Ball in NY which is attended by Princess Margriet most years. (Last year she wore the star tiara for the first time!)

Of course there is always the Diplomatic Reception at Buckingham Palace (behind firmly closed doors :sad:). But sometimes the paps catch a glimpse of an arriving lady in the car. Last year there were pics of Camilla with the Shand tiara, and some years ago they photographed Kate with the papyrus tiara. I hope that we'll get lucky again this year.

Still, the Nobels will be the highlight of the next tiara season. Here some of my wishes:
- the Queen with the cameo parure! 5 years is to long to stay in the vaults, it needs to see some candlelight!
- CP Victoria with Lilian's laurel tiara. The Nobels are just the right event to pay tribute to the late princess.
- Madeleine with something other than the modern fringe. It is nice, but over-used. Give it a break, try the large cut steel! Or the Baden fringe! Anything.
- I'm not yet used to the emerald tiara, so Sofia is welcome to wear it again, but only the first night. On the 2nd night she should show us that the emeralds can be detached (if they can). Or start to loan from the Bernadotte collection. The four buttons tiara is not my favourite, but it is a good start, and it has been worn by all the other princesses.
- For Princess Christina: Please not the six buttons again, at least not two nights in a row. What about borrowing that beautiful aquamarine tiara of Princess Margaretha again? (Unless Margaretha suddenly decides that she wants to attend the Nobels herself. Now, that would be welcome. Ok, it's not likely, I know.)

Notr sure about Lithuania but i don't think we will see a tiara in China. Petrhaps QWueen silvia will wear a small tiara in Lithuania.
As for the representation Dinner i read that the one who will take place in autumns is the sWeden Dinnder so we will not see tiaras as it has a different dressccode.
There wioll be also the annual Gala Dinner fior the Storting in Norway in autumns. I guess we see the usual tiaras there
for MM the daisy bandeau
and for Sonja one of her three big guns

As for the Nobels:
It is high time that Silvia wears the full Cameo Parure again the last time she wore was on a State Visit to Austria in 2007 and i guess now that all children are married chances are higher that she will bring it out the vaults again.

I guess it's possible we see announcements on further state visits this autumn. As for the Swedish state visit to Lithuania I'm not sure about we will see a tiara on Queen Silvia, if we do it would be a small one.

I also expect that we will see one more of the traditional representations dinners this fall or winter. Last year one was held in December. For this one i expect Queen Silvia to wear one of her to go tiaras, the Nine Prong or the Connaught. Victoria with the Baden fringe or Large Cut steel Tiara. Sofia will probably use her wedding tiara.

I agree, the Nobels are far away, but it's hard to wait. I would be satisfied if the Royal Ladies would wear something they usually don't wear or have been wearing for some years.

1) First night, 2) Second night
Silvia - 1) Connaught Ruby Tiara or Cameo Tiara 2) Nine Prong or Connaught Tiara
Victoria - 1) Amethyst Tiara or Lilian's Tiara 2) Baden Fringe Tiara
Madeleine - 1) Connaught Tiara 2) Private Fringe Tiara or Diamond Bandeau
Sofia 1) Four Botton Tiara 2) Emerald Wedding Tiara
Christina - 1) Aquamarine Kokoshnik Tiara - 2) Large Cut Steel Tiara

In 2013 they replaced one of the bejewelled Representaion Dinners with an unbejewelled Sweden Dinner. But last year they had a Sweden Dinner in addition to the two Representation Dinners. So I am not yet giving up hope, it RD might come later in November or December.

In 2013 they replaced one of the bejewelled Representaion Dinners with an unbejewelled Sweden Dinner. But last year they had a Sweden Dinner in addition to the two Representation Dinners. So I am not yet giving up hope, it RD might come later in November or December.

Yes they did, but there is no fixed amount of representation dinners. So let's hope for som more glitter for us. :ROFLMAO:

I think Kate will wear the Cartier tiara she wore for her wedding, since she seems to like understated jewels.

The Cambridge tiara would be appropriate and nice, but not very comfortable for her. (I know Diana complained it always gave her a blinding headache).

Last edited:
I wasn't overly keen on the Cartier tiaria and it was loaned to her for the occasion. Perhaps we will see a different tiaria on DOC, although I can't see her getting any major tiaria's including The Cambridge one, just yet. She is not married to the immediate heir. Just my opinion.

I'm hoping for the Cartier tiara, or something equally understated. Flashy bling never appealed to me.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I wasn't overly keen on the Cartier tiaria and it was loaned to her for the occasion. Perhaps we will see a different tiaria on DOC, although I can't see her getting any major tiaria's including The Cambridge one, just yet. She is not married to the immediate heir. Just my opinion.

True, she is not married to the immediate heir, however she IS the Duchess of CAMBRIDGE .... I would think that would be enough to qualify. I would hope that someone has figured out how to make it more comfortable to wear. Certainly it is not the weight as there are clearly "weighter" Tiaras being worn by both HM and the Duchess of Cornwall. I would think that the Cambridge Tiara would be the appropriate choice for Catherine for most of her senior royal life. :flowers:

True, she is not married to the immediate heir, however she IS the Duchess of CAMBRIDGE .... I would think that would be enough to qualify. I would hope that someone has figured out how to make it more comfortable to wear. Certainly it is not the weight as there are clearly "weighter" Tiaras being worn by both HM and the Duchess of Cornwall. I would think that the Cambridge Tiara would be the appropriate choice for Catherine for most of her senior royal life. :flowers:
. It is not the size of the Cartier, its just the tiaria itself does nothing for me. Individual taste. Has anyone seen The Cambridge Tiaria with the emeralds replacing the pearls the late POW preferred?

The lotus tiara is a good guess imo ...

Actually, tha Cambridge Lovers knot that we like to call it have not actually belonged to the DUchess of Cambridge. She had a similar one that one of the queens (I can't remember who) based her tiara on. So technically that name is wrong and the tiara has nothing to do with Cambridge. But the name has stuck :p

I think the Cartier tiara would work with the right hairstyle. A beautiful updo with some hair behind the tiara. Like it was worn by Princess Margaret and Princess Anne.

:previous: Oh I really agree, we didn't begin to see the beauty of the Halo Scroll tiara at her wedding. On the way in and up the aisle, it was covered by a fairly dense blusher and on the way out her hair had two layers of the heavy, dense white behind it. It's not surprising that people think it is insignificant or too small.

Now putting that same tiara against Catherines dark hair styled in a right royal updo can and should look amazing and her wedding earrings will look terrific with it.

:previous: Oh I really agree, we didn't begin to see the beauty of the Halo Scroll tiara at her wedding. On the way in and up the aisle, it was covered by a fairly dense blusher and on the way out her hair had two layers of the heavy, dense white behind it. It's not surprising that people think it is insignificant or too small.

Now putting that same tiara against Catherines dark hair styled in a right royal updo can and should look amazing and her wedding earrings will look terrific with it.
Exactly! I think it can look very pretty. (Although I was one of those who loved that the tiara on her weddingday was rather understated. It fit!)

Tiaria's, as we seen with the new Princess Sophia, represent the status of the wearer within the family. Whilst DOC is a senior royal she is not married to the heir to the throne and hence the larger pieces are worn by Duchess of Cornwall. Diana was married to the heir to the throne and hence wore the so called Cambridge Tiaria and her own family tiaria. DOC does not have a family tiaria and appears to prefer smaller tiaria's. I always think that tiaria's look best against dark hair, that is just personal preference and am sure whichever she wears will look lovely. It would be great to see one that has not been seen for years.

1. But will the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge really attend the State Banquet? As far as I can see, that is only a rumour so far. Some journalist turned this into a story because the Cambridges always sell well. But there hasn’t been anything official about it yet. So all the speculations still might end up in an enormous disappointment.

2. Will we see the DoCa, if she attends? The official photos always show the Queen, the DoE, and the visiting couple. At most of the visits we get a picture of the banqueting table, where we see Camilla with honeycomb tiara at the left side of the table, while the next lower ranking lady, usually Anne, is hidden behind a bit flower bouquet on the right side of the pictures. Sophie usually isn’t seen at all, same as the Gloucesters and Kents. Unless the paps get a good shot of Kate in the car, we might not see her at all.

3. It still astonishes me that Queen Mary’s lover’s knot tiara is continually referred to as the Cambridge tiara. Augusta, Duchess of Cambridge had a similar tiara, which was inherited by some other descendants and is now lost. Queen Mary liked the tiara and had a similar tiara made for herself. So the actual Cambridge lover’s knot tiara is lost, while the tiara that Diana wore is Queen Mary’s lovers knot tiara. It is a completely different case as the Cambridge sapphire parure, which really originated from Augusta, Duchess of Cambridge, and was really was inherited by Queen Mary.

4. It seems that the Queen loans only one or two tiaras to each royal lady. So the Duchess of Cambridge probably only has the choice between the Cartier halo tiara and the papyrus tiara. Furthermore I believe that the papyrus tiara was only made available for her, because the Cartier tiara was loaned to a Cartier exhibition in Paris at the time she needed a tiara. So I think it might have been a one off, at least for the time being. So if Kate attends, and if we get to see pictures of her, I expect to see her with her wedding tiara. That seems most realistic to me.

5. If I could make a wish, I would ask for the Strathmore rose tiara. It hasn’t been worn since Queen Mum was the Duchess of York, and I find it very beautiful. It really deserves to come out of the vault once again.

The lotus tiara is a good guess imo ...

I agree, I would be happy if we could see this tiara and even the same dress Catherine wore at the diplomatic reception in full view - IF, as Soapstar suggests, she and William even attend the state banquet.

If Catherine attend I want to see her again with the wedding tiara. The first time was awful for this to be of a second chance.

Last edited:
We most likely will get a view of William & Catherine arriving by car. Also, sometimes we do get a video look at the procession into the State Ballroom. Catherine is a senior royal, so hopefully, we will get a quick shot of her and William at the Banquet table.

Years ago the senior royals, along with The Queen & Prince Philip and Head of State, used to pose as a group for official pictures at the State Banquet. I don't know why they changed that. They should at least bring that back. They have watered down their events way too much, IMO.

Might we see Catherine wear the full emerald (demi?) parure for the Chinese state banquet? We saw the earrings in NY last year.

Years ago the senior royals, along with The Queen & Prince Philip and Head of State, used to pose as a group for official pictures at the State Banquet. I don't know why they changed that. They should at least bring that back. They have watered down their events way too much, IMO.

I am sure the requisite photos are posed for and taken, just not released for public consumption .

I am sure the requisite photos are posed for and taken, just not released for public consumption .

I'm not sure pictures are taken, other than the ones with The Queen & Prince Philip and the Head of State/spouse. We do know that there's a reception after the State Banquet, but we never get any pictures of it. I don't know what they're so afraid of in taking pictures. We see video coverage of other receptions and palace events, but the Royal Diplomatic Corps Reception and State Banquets are like secretly hidden events for some odd reason.

[....] Years ago the senior royals, along with The Queen & Prince Philip and Head of State, used to pose as a group for official pictures at the State Banquet. I don't know why they changed that. [....]

Years ago? Make it decades ago...

Group Portrait 1972
HRH The Duke of Gloucester
HRH Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester
Unrecognizeable gentleman
HM Queen Elizabeth, the Queen-Mother
HRH Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands
HM Queen Elizabeth II
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh
HM Queen Juliana
The Earl of Snowdon
HRH The Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon
HRH The Duke of Kent
Sir Angus Ogilvy

Group Portrait 1982
HM Queen Beatrix
HM Queen Elizabeth II
HRH Prince Claus of the Netherlands

(look at the enormous group of bejewelled royals stucked in the antichambre)

Years ago? Make it decades ago...

Group Portrait 1972
HRH The Duke of Gloucester
HRH Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester
HM Queen Elizabeth, the Queen-Mother
HRH Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands
HM Queen Elizabeth II
HM Queen Juliana
The Earl of Snowdon
HRH The Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon
HRH The Duke of Kent
Sir Angus Ogilvy

Group Portrait 1982
HM Queen Beatrix
HM Queen Elizabeth II
HRH Prince Claus of the Netherlands

(look at the enormous group of bejewelled royals stucked in the antichambre)

Yeah, I don't see the problem with them doing group photos like this. It's such a beautiful and regal thing to do. Also, these people don't dress up in the regal attire to not be seen at an important State event like this.

This state visit is a very important and delicate PR opportunity - for both countries.
I will be shocked if pictures are not released. And it wouldn't surprise me if HM loans a bauble or 2 to Catherine for a maximum impact. The reality is if W&K are in the pictures released, they will be picked up around the world - showing a very cooperative UK/China alliance - the goal for both countries.

I am expecting a tiara (prob not Halo - but don't really care), the royal order and a great necklace -either an as yet unseen wedding gift or something from the vaults. time for Catherine to get her 'Duchess' on.

I'm not sure pictures are taken, other than the ones with The Queen & Prince Philip and the Head of State/spouse. We do know that there's a reception after the State Banquet, but we never get any pictures of it. I don't know what they're so afraid of in taking pictures. We see video coverage of other receptions and palace events, but the Royal Diplomatic Corps Reception and State Banquets are like secretly hidden events for some odd reason.

The same happened in the Netherlands as well but suddenly, with the new King, the rules became somewhat more relaxed and we got pictures from surprising angles. So maybe King Charles will be more relaxed too.

This state visit is a very important and delicate PR opportunity - for both countries.
I will be shocked if pictures are not released. And it wouldn't surprise me if HM loans a bauble or 2 to Catherine for a maximum impact. The reality is if W&K are in the pictures released, they will be picked up around the world - showing a very cooperative UK/China alliance - the goal for both countries.

I am expecting a tiara (prob not Halo - but don't really care), the royal order and a great necklace -either an as yet unseen wedding gift or something from the vaults. time for Catherine to get her 'Duchess' on.

One thing I do predict that Kate will wear is the diamond bracelet she received from her father-in-law. That thing is gorgeous!

Might we see Catherine wear the full emerald (demi?) parure for the Chinese state banquet? We saw the earrings in NY last year.
That would be stunning to see, but I don't think so. Unfortunately she seems to dislike wearing grand jewels. It would surprise me if she wore a necklace with a tiara. (But it would be a pleasant surpricse;))
If they do, they keep them really privat. But I'd love a sneek peek into their privat picture albums. What stunning things we might get to see. :D
One thing I do predict that Kate will wear is the diamond bracelet she received from her father-in-law. That thing is gorgeous!
Mmh, yes, that bracelet is just lovely! It would be great to see it again.
I'd also like to see the ruby necklace again which Catherine had received at her wedding (forget by whom it was given?). But since I just predicted that she won't wear a necklace with a tiara, it seems unlikely that the ruby necklace will be seen.

The economic situation in England at the moment may make a huge display of wealth ie jewellery seem inappropriate. Remember the Royal Family are very conscious of public opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom