Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are my thoughts about the Swedish Wedding:

H.M The Queen : The combination of the ruby tiara with the scarab necklace seems to be a very popular wish on this board and I too would love to see it, but not for the wedding. I’d prefer the stunning sapphire tiara or, tata... the pink tourmaline parure (I really want to know which family now owns it: Norway or Sweden? I want to see it.)

H.R.H The Crown Princess : Here I believe that she will wear the laurel tiara of Princess Lilian again, as a tribute to that beloved family member. Prince Carl Philip too was close to Lilian, and he’d surely like a memento of her at his wedding.

H.R.H Princess Sofia (as I don’t think that they’ll refer to her as Duchess, that’s more the British approach): Here I too think that she’ll wear the Connaught tiara.

H.R.H The Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland (Madeleine) : I would like to see her with something other than the standard modern fringe tiara. (But please not one of the buttons!) She looked great with the amethyst tiara, so that would by a great choice.

Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson : I’m bored of seeing her in the 6-buttons tiara again and again. And I don’t think that anyone will wear the aquamarine tiara at an event where Princess Margareta is present. I’d like to see her with the amethyst tiara, but unfortunately I already gave that one to Madeleine. Maybe they could split it up, having two half circles instead of one full circlet:p? The full circlet is difficult to place anyway.

Princess Desirée Baroness Silfverschiöld : She has full hair and would probably look great with the nine prongs tiara.

H.R.H Princess Birgitta : I agree with Hans-Rickard, it’s time that she wears the Baden fringe.

Princess Margareta Mrs Ambler : I hope she’ll wear the aquamarine parure again.

Here are my thoughts about the Swedish Wedding:

H.M The Queen : The combination of the ruby tiara with the scarab necklace seems to be a very popular wish on this board and I too would love to see it, but not for the wedding. I’d prefer the stunning sapphire tiara or, tata... the pink tourmaline parure (I really want to know which family now owns it: Norway or Sweden? I want to see it.)

H.R.H The Crown Princess : Here I believe that she will wear the laurel tiara of Princess Lilian again, as a tribute to that beloved family member. Prince Carl Philip too was close to Lilian, and he’d surely like a memento of her at his wedding.

H.R.H Princess Sofia (as I don’t think that they’ll refer to her as Duchess, that’s more the British approach): Here I too think that she’ll wear the Connaught tiara.

H.R.H The Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland (Madeleine) : I would like to see her with something other than the standard modern fringe tiara. (But please not one of the buttons!) She looked great with the amethyst tiara, so that would by a great choice.

Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson : I’m bored of seeing her in the 6-buttons tiara again and again. And I don’t think that anyone will wear the aquamarine tiara at an event where Princess Margareta is present. I’d like to see her with the amethyst tiara, but unfortunately I already gave that one to Madeleine. Maybe they could split it up, having two half circles instead of one full circlet:p? The full circlet is difficult to place anyway.

Princess Desirée Baroness Silfverschiöld : She has full hair and would probably look great with the nine prongs tiara.

H.R.H Princess Birgitta : I agree with Hans-Rickard, it’s time that she wears the Baden fringe.

Princess Margareta Mrs Ambler : I hope she’ll wear the aquamarine parure again.

That what i think:
Queen Silvia: the leuchtenberg sapphires
Crown Princess Victoria: the nine pronge tiara
Princess Madeleine: the baden fringe tiara

Princess Birgitta: the Cut steel tiara (the big one)
Princess Margaretha: the six button tiara
Princess Désirée: the Connaught tiara
Princess Christina: the amethyst Set. i think the tiara would look great in her white hair

that leaves for Sofia the four button tiara or the Cameo tiara which would be nice as traditonal Wedding tiara but im undecided if i really want her seeing wear it.

Then everyone with the exception of Queen Silvia would wear a tiara which they have not worn before.
Tilia i doubt the will split the amethyst circlet as that would mean that it can't be converted to a necklace again. I would actually like to see it worn as necklace once again.

Last edited:
What can we expect for the next tiara Event whioch will be the New Years Court in Denmark on 01.01.2015
Queen Margrethe: i think she will wear either the pearl poiree tiara or the Naasut tiara but as the Pearls will most likely be worn at the dutch State Visit i think the Naasut tiara. I only wonder whth which necklace. Dont think the pearl necklace from the Crown jewels matched to good with it but she has a pearl neklace with small rubies and golden motivs in it which she got from Prince Henrik for her Silver Wedding. I think this would look good with it.
Crown Princess Mary: as always the ruby tiara i only wonder how she will wear the necklace or if she will wear it not at all
Princess Marie: the dimaond floral tiara.

Stefan, I also doubt that they will split the amethyst tiara. I just liked to play with the idea. But it really is not realistic.

If everybody were to wear a certain tiara for the first time, than I would like to see CP Victoria with the ruby tiara instead of the nine prongs.

For the Danish New Years Court it is easy to guess Mary (rubies) and Marie (floral). For Queen Margrethe my guess is either the Naasut tiara or the floral aigrette. I don't remember if she has ever worn the Baden palmette tiara for the New Years Court, but it seems that she keeps it for smaller event.

Tiara event coming up in Sweden. Or on February 11th, with the Queen and Crown Princess to attend. That could be the only tiara event before the wedding in June. Due to the Government crisis and upcoming new election on March 22nd I doubt we will see any state visit the first six months.

The Queen:
Probably: The Nine Prong
Wish: The Ruby Tiara

The Crown Princess:
Probably: One of the Cut Steel Tiaras
Wish: The Diamond Riviere Tiara

I would love if Masako wore the Imperial Chrysanthemum Tiara at her future enthronement. I think it's perfect for the occasion.

I saw the tiaras worn at the current Emperor's enthronement and most of the royals wore some of their grandest tiaras! :D

The Dutch visit will have 2 tiara events?

Yes most probably. Or less. There will not be three tiara events however. King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima is paying a visit to Schleswig Holstein and Hamburg on the last day of the state visit to Denmark.

If queen Silvia wears the Leuchtenberg Sapphire Tiara at Carl Philip's wedding, it would be lovely if Victoria would wear the Cameo Tiara, to give us memories about her unforgettable wedding day almost five years ago.

If queen Silvia wears the Leuchtenberg Sapphire Tiara at Carl Philip's wedding, it would be lovely if Victoria would wear the Cameo Tiara, to give us memories about her unforgettable wedding day almost five years ago.

I would b surprised if Victoria wore the Cameo Tiara at the wedding next summer. If I am not mistaken, that tiara is only worn by brides on their wedding day and by the Queen.

I would b surprised if Victoria wore the Cameo Tiara at the wedding next summer. If I am not mistaken, that tiara is only worn by brides on their wedding day and by the Queen.

Since the king and queen don't care at all about traditions regarding miss Hellqvist, they could also change the possible policy and let Victoria wear the Cameo tiara on this day so close to her fifth wedding anniversary. The next bride wearing the Cameo Tiara should be Estelle. But I'm also happy if Victoria wears the Laurel Wreath tiara again.

Last edited:
Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events

I doubt they will give her a tiara but i wouldn't mind if they give Sofia the 4 button tiara. I don't want to see Victoria or Madeleine use it anymore and i would defenitely not miss it if it leaves the vault.
If they do it i belive a tiara will be gifted to Carl Philip for his wife to use and not to her directly due to the risk of divorce etc.

Last edited:
I doubt they will give her a tiara but i wouldn't mind if they give Sofia the 4 button tiara. I don't want to see Victoria or Madeleine use it anymore and i would defenitely not miss it if it leaves the vault.
If they do it i belive a tiara will be gifted to Carl Philip for his wife to use and not to her directly due to the risk of divorce etc.
Both buttons tiaras are part of the Bernadotte Foundation. They can't be given away. So there is no chance of "getting rid of it" that way ;).

Ok i suspected that. Otherwise it would have been a good solution.

As Tatiana wore tiara on her wedding day, I would love if Charlotte wore her mother's Cartier Pearl Drop tiara at her wedding. If Beatrice marries Pierre, I would also love to see her wear it, or Tatiana's wedding tiara.

For the State Visit by the Dutch royal couple to Denmark, the Danish Jewels will be relatively predicatble:
- HM Queen Margrethe II: the Pearl Poíré Diadem with matching pearls-and-diamonds jewelry (the diadem has a Dutch origin)
- HRH The Crown Princess: the Ruby Parure in grandest setting
- HRH Princess Marie: her usual jewels

For Queen Máxima of the Netherlands it remains unclear what she will wear. Queen Beatrix wore Princess Juliana's aquamarine parure, which matches perfectly well with the lightblue sash of the Elephant Order but is on itself a not too impressive parure. Maybe Queen Máxima will mix a diamond diadem (the Bandeau with the large rose-cut diamonds) with a diamond rivière and a diamond sévigné (bow brooch) but then with aquamarine pendants attached to the rivière and to the sévigné to match the Order.

I think the mighty "New Crown Parure" (with the Stuart Diadem) will remain in the cassettes.

Picture 1 - the Danish and the Dutch royal couples before the State Banquet

Picture 2 - the Danish and the Dutch royal couples during the State Banquet

Last edited:

Many seems to be sure that Silvia will be wearing the Leuchtenberg Sapphires to the wedding this summer (given it is a white tie event) but i am not sure about that. As far as i know she has never worn the Sapphires to a wedding. At the royal wedding in Frederiksborgs Palace outside Copenhagen in 1995 she wore the controvercial Edward VII Ruby Tiara wich made her husbands uncle Count Sigvard Bernadotte very angry. At the royal wedding in Oslo in 2001 she took the Nine prong tiara and paired it with a Diamond collier and the Vasa earrings. And at Frederik and Marys wedding in Copenhagen in 2004 when i really thought she would wear the sapphires (Princess Sibylla wore the Sapphire Parure to Margrethe and Henris wedding in 1967) but she surprised us all and took the amethyst parure instead. I have no idea what she may choose this summer. As i have said earlier I'm hoping for the Ruby tiara paired with the egyptian scarab necklase. But i think the Nine prong tiara paired with the pink topaz demi parure or the Bernadotte Emerald demi Parure are more likely options. Given it is a white tie event ofcourse wich i really hope. But i will not be dissapointed if she surprises me and shows up in the Sapphires.

I don't think the Cameo tiara will be used unless Sofia uses it. If Silvia or anyone else would use it, it would take attention from the bride and groom, especially if it is used by a lady who wore the Cameo tiara to her wedding day and they will never allow it to happen.

For the representation dinners she will probably alternate between the Nine prong tiara and the connaught diamond tiara as usual. Let's hope for an incoming state visit from a monarchy too so we may see the Braganza big gun again :)

Last edited:
Many seems to be sure that Silvia will be wearing the Leuchtenberg Sapphires to the wedding this summer (given it is a white tie event) but i am not sure about that. As far as i know she has never worn the Sapphires to a wedding. At the royal wedding in Frederiksborgs Palace outside Copenhagen in 1995 she wore the controvercial Edward VII Ruby Tiara wich made her husbands uncle Count Sigvard Bernadotte very angry. At the royal wedding in Oslo in 2001 she took the Nine prong tiara and paired it with a Diamond collier and the Vasa earrings. And at Frederik and Marys wedding in Copenhagen in 2004 when i really thought she would wear the sapphires (Princess Sibylla wore the Sapphire Parure to Margrethe and Henris wedding in 1967) but she surprised us all and took the amethyst parure instead. I have no idea what she may choose this summer. As i have said earlier I'm hoping for the Ruby tiara paired with the egyptian scarab necklase. But i think the Nine prong tiara paired with the pink topaz demi parure or the Bernadotte Emerald demi Parure are more likely options. Given it is a white tie event ofcourse wich i really hope. But i will not be dissapointed if she surprises me and shows up in the Sapphires.

I don't think the Cameo tiara will be used unless Sofia uses it. If Silvia or anyone else would use it, it would take attention from the bride and groom, especially if it is used by a lady who wore the Cameo tiara to her wedding day and they will never allow it to happen.

For the representation dinners she will probably alternate between the Nine prong tiara and the connaught diamond tiara as usual. Let's hope for an incoming state visit from a monarchy too so we may see the Braganza big gun again :)

It would be great to see Queen Silvia in the emeralds again, either at the Dutch state visit or the wedding.

It would be great to see Queen Silvia in the emeralds again, either at the Dutch state visit or the wedding.

You mean if we have a dutch state visit to Sweden or when ? Haven't heard the Swedish RF / Government announced any incoming or outgoing state visit for 2015 so far.

I think Silvia will wear the sapphire tiara at the wedding. I doubt she will the Nine Prong tiara at 2 of her children's weddings. Interesting that she seems to have never worn it to a wedding. Silvia herself said that the tiara is easy to transport and not heavy. It would be great if she wore the tiara for the first time at a wedding at her son's.

You mean if we have a dutch state visit to Sweden or when ? Haven't heard the Swedish RF / Government announced any incoming or outgoing state visit for 2015 so far.

I am sorry I confused it will the upcoming Dutch state visit to Denmark.

I think Silvia will wear the sapphire tiara at the wedding. I doubt she will the Nine Prong tiara at 2 of her children's weddings. Interesting that she seems to have never worn it to a wedding. Silvia herself said that the tiara is easy to transport and not heavy. It would be great if she wore the tiara for the first time at a wedding at her son's.

I agree, I think she will wear the Leuchtenberg sapphires to the wedding.

In the event that she decides not to, I would like to see her wear the emeralds with the Connaught tiara.

Many seems to be sure that Silvia will be wearing the Leuchtenberg Sapphires to the wedding this summer (given it is a white tie event) but i am not sure about that. As far as i know she has never worn the Sapphires to a wedding.

I am sure, she will wear the Leuchtenberg.
Here we are not talking about ANY Royal Wedding, but the one of her child, so we can only compare it with the other weddings of her children.

And I think, I have seen her "pattern of thinking":
- Braganza = most important Tiara = Wedding of the Heir to the Throne, Victoria
- Leuchtenberg = second most important Tiara = Wedding of the second child, Carl-Philipp
- 9 Prong = 3rd most important Tiara = Wedding of the third child, Madeleine

This is why my 100% bet goes to the Leuchtenberg
Bye Bine

Maybe you are right. However don't forget the Cameo tiara. I would place it as nr 3 among the tiaras and the Nine prong tiara as nr 4.

Wouldn't it be a nice surprise if Silvia or Victoria showed up wearing the Estelle Bernadotte Parure if they have it in the vaults. I really want that to be true and want to see that tiara in colour.

Last edited:
What do you think of the chances of Victoria wearing the ruby tiara at the wedding? I think she will wear a "new" tiara as she and Madeleine wore a tiara they never worn before at each others weddings.

Last edited:

What do you think of the chances of Victoria wearing the ruby tiara at the wedding? I think she will wear a "new" tiara as she and Madeleine wore a tiara they never worn before at each others weddings.

Would be interesting to see Victoria use the Connaught Ruby Tiara. They use it rarely. Many people remember Count Sigvard Bernadottes bitternes and court case to try to get the tiara back. I think it's out of respect for Countess Marianne Bernadotte, the Widow of Count Sigvard that they chose to not use it on high profile events. When she is not with us anymore i think they will start use it more frequently.
I wish the Queen would pair it with the scarab necklase but i think it's more likely that it will happen at a representation dinner than at a royal wedding.

I would love to see her in the Nine Prong Tiara too but that depends on if it suits her head as it is not flexible like the other tiaras, if the Queen wants to borrow it to Victoria (don't think that would be a problem as she borrowed it to Birgitta at Victorias wedding) and what the Queen herself will be wearing as the second lady should not outshine the first lady.

I'm still not sure wether Madeleines use of the Connaught Diamond Tiara at Victorias wedding was planned or a last minute change. The unusual
grand occasion indicates it may have been planned but Madeleines hairstyle indicates (in my eyes) that it was a last minute change. Her hairstyle did not match that tiara at all in my eyes but would have matched both the fringe tiaras perfectly.

Last edited:
:previous: I have to agree with you about Madeleine's hairstyle not suiting the Connaught however, I dont think striped hair would look particularly good with any tiara. :D

:previous: I have to agree with you about Madeleine's hairstyle not suiting the Connaught however, I dont think striped hair would look particularly good with any tiara. :D

It was a very strange hairstyle indeed. It did not look good at all (in my eyes).

Last edited:
At Victoria's wedding the court website at first wrote that Madeleine wears her own tiara. This information was later deleted. So that would strenghten the theory that it was a last minute decision that Madeleine should wear the Connaught.

Sweden has a jewel foundation,no? There's no reason to give Sophia a tiara. She will just select from what is left after the others make their choice

As regards the Swedish Royal wedding, I think HM the Q will wear something important. Maybe not the Brangaza tiara, but the second most valuable, the Leuchtenberg tiara. It's important but not the best in her collection. The sapphire tiara is just right for the third in line to the throne. I suspect the Crown Princess will wear the double laurel wreath tiara. Princess Madeline will probably wear her modern fringe but I would love to see her in the Connaught tiara or the amethyst even though I've always thought it looks better as a necklace. I think Sophia will want to go Big and Show-y and wear a fringe tiara that says "Look at me! I'm a Princess!" Personally I think all the Button Tiaras should stay home. I would be happy if they were all made into brooches and used to hold down the sashes, either in the front or back or both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom