Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also of the opinion that the cameo tiara will not be worn before the wedding of CP. Though I don't hope to see at as the bridal tiara, but it would be nice if the Queen wore it to the 2015 Nobels. It hasn't been see for a long time.

Imo it is likely that Victoria will save the laurel tiara for the wedding of her brother, so that there will be a symbolic tribute to Princess Lilian again. I hope to see her with the fringe tiara again. It once seemed to be amoung her favourites and I don't understand that she hasn't worn it for so long.

I think Queen Máxima will wear two diadems for the two State Banquets. I have never seen diadems for the second evening in a Japanese or Korean State Visit.

I think Queen Máxima will wear the bandeau of with the large old rose-cut diamonds: http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/Princess+Maxima+Queen+Beatrix+Farewell+Dinner+6aDSukMyFx1x.jpg and I hope she will wear, for the first time, the Württemberg Ornate Pearls and Diamonds Diadem, preferrably in full setting, like Princess Beatrix did on her wedding day: http://fast.mediamatic.nl/f/tqgr/image/067/240854-696-800.jpg

I can see the Württemberg Pearl tiara being used in Japan. South Korea not being a monarchy, will probably get something a little smaller (Emerald tiara?) - though I am happy for Max to prove me wrong yet again.

I think Queen Máxima will wear two diadems for the two State Banquets. I have never seen diadems for the second evening in a Japanese or Korean State Visit.

I think Queen Máxima will wear the bandeau of with the large old rose-cut diamonds: http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/Princess+Maxima+Queen+Beatrix+Farewell+Dinner+6aDSukMyFx1x.jpg and I hope she will wear, for the first time, the Württemberg Ornate Pearls and Diamonds Diadem, preferrably in full setting, like Princess Beatrix did on her wedding day: http://fast.mediamatic.nl/f/tqgr/image/067/240854-696-800.jpg

At the swedish State Visit some years ago was also white tie. usually the swdish Royal Couple uses the same dresscode for the Return Event then for the State Banquet.

Empress Michiko doesn't wear tiaras anymore. But wouldn't it be nice if at this high profile State Visit would lead to some better pictures of the Imperial princesses at the State Banquet?

Imo, it's quite likely that Maxima will wear the Württemberg pearl tiara for the first time. It would be great if she really wears the full version with the upright pearls.

My special wish, though the chance is small: to see CP Masako at the banquet! I don't want to put her under stress, but it would be really special.

It seems unlikely that Letizia will wear her biggest gun at the first state visit as a Queen. She'll probably debut the fleur-de-lys tiara in a couple of years when the crisis hopefully is history, and the new King and Queen are firmly settled into their new position. Also it will probably be reserved for the very high profile State Visits from other Monarchies.

I think she should wear the Mellerio shell tiara which she has only worn once so far. I must add that I am convinced that Sofia will continue to share her privatly owned tiaras with her daughter-in-law.

Empress Michiko doesn't wear tiaras anymore. But wouldn't it be nice if at this high profile State Visit would lead to some better pictures of the Imperial princesses at the State Banquet?

Imo, it's quite likely that Maxima will wear the Württemberg pearl tiara for the first time. It would be great if she really wears the full version with the upright pearls.

My special wish, though the chance is small: to see CP Masako at the banquet! I don't want to put her under stress, but it would be really special.

I also hope the see Masako at the State Banquet. As they are on friendly terms with the dutch Royals i think it could be possible that she attends. Nobody thought that she would attend the dutch Inauguration last year and then she did.
My guess is also for the Württemberg pearl tiara on Máxima s i don't think she well wear a tiara with coloured stones. And the only big diamond tiaras in the dutch collection are the Württemberg pearl tiara and the Stuart tiara which i think is very unlikely.

I have the idea that Crown Prince Naruhito, Princess Masako, Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko will attend, along with the Emperor and the Empress. The fact that all six of them have been private guests of the Dutch royal family, that the crown princely couple even did spend a holiday at Queen Beatrix' hunting lodge and that Princess Masako came to Amsterdam for the Investiture seems to hint a close, warm and personal bond.

In the 1970 even Emperor Hirohito and Empress Kojun were welcome guests of Queen Juliana and Prince Bernhard at their private residence (Soestdijk Palace).

I also hope the see Masako at the State Banquet. As they are on friendly terms with the dutch Royals i think it could be possible that she attends. Nobody thought that she would attend the dutch Inauguration last year and then she did.
My guess is also for the Württemberg pearl tiara on Máxima s i don't think she well wear a tiara with coloured stones. And the only big diamond tiaras in the dutch collection are the Württemberg pearl tiara and the Stuart tiara which i think is very unlikely.

Queen Beatrix wore the Antique Pearl Diadem and it looked wonderful: http://fast.mediamatic.nl/f/tqgr/image/518/53917-800-562.jpg

The Pearl Buttons Diadem is also not too small either but I don't like it with a flat hairdo: http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/pc/Princess+Margriet+Guests+Arrive+Dinner+Royal+8YYbuBLQGp5x.jpg

:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I predict she will wear the Shell tiara or the Cartier Pearl tiara.

It would be lovely to see Letizia in the Cartier Pearl tiara, though I fear it might be too large for her.

As I wrote before, I don't believe that Letizia will wear the gigantic fleur-de-lys tiara. But maybe she will wear some other piece from the joyas de pasar, the jewels to be passed from Queen to Queen? Maybe one of the bracelets? Letizia doesn't seem fond of necklaces, so I don't expect to see the diamond collet necklace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't Queen Sofia still own all the Spanish tiaras except the Fleur de Lys which is reserved for the Queen?

Its a shame that Letizia was never given her own tiara during her 10 years as Princess of Asturias.

As I wrote before, I don't believe that Letizia will wear the gigantic fleur-de-lys tiara. But maybe she will wear some other piece from the joyas de pasar, the jewels to be passed from Queen to Queen? Maybe one of the bracelets? Letizia doesn't seem fond of necklaces, so I don't expect to see the diamond collet necklace.

We might get the Diamond stars and no tiara :D

Doesn't Queen Sofia still own all the Spanish tiaras except the Fleur de Lys which is reserved for the Queen?

Its a shame that Letizia was never given her own tiara during her 10 years as Princess of Asturias.
I think the 2 diamond and pearl tioaras are belonging to Juan Carlos.
Apparently letizia was also given a diamond tiara as Wedding gift by Ansorena which she has never worn

She has worn several necklaces in the first years after her marriage for State Banquets but has not worn one for several years now.

Yes, Sofia probably still owns the other tiaras, unless she has decided to give some of them to Letizia as a present. But I don't think that matters: Sofia has shared her tiaras with her daughter-in-law for years, why should she stop doing so now? Dona Sofia is still very much interested in making the Spanish Monarchy a success. She wouldn't deny the new Queen jewels to wear.

We might get the Diamond stars and no tiara :D
Thanks for killing all my illusions with one sentence :eek:. Now I shall pass a sleepless night:p.

One tiara I personally think would suit Letizia is the diamond loop tiara of Felipe's aunt,Princess Irene of Greece.It would be nice to see this tiara again and a stroke of good luck if it made its way into the Borbóns jewel chest.

I can see the Württemberg Pearl tiara being used in Japan. South Korea not being a monarchy, will probably get something a little smaller (Emerald tiara?) - though I am happy for Max to prove me wrong yet again.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1G55DhIQAEKx73.jpg:large

Glad I called it right. Max does appear to be wearing the Württemberg Pearl tiara at the state banquet this evening.

Yes! Many of us here got it right this time, and Queen Maxima is fabulous! Even without the upright pearls it's an impressive tiara. I have complete trust in her magpy instinct: sooner or later she will pop on the upright pearls.

CP Masako was filmed arriving with the fringe parure! I hope that better pics from the banquet will be published.

Ha my prediction was right: the Württemberg Ornate Pearls and Diamonds Diadem but without the 11 upright pearls. The Queen also wore elements of the enormous diamond sévigné broche, part from the parure with the House Diamonds. For the first time in decades the sides of the Württemberg Diadem were visible (it was always hidden under Beatrix' bouffante hairdo): http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/68763a908912e22a630f6a7067002488.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1I9h8eCIAAxTga.jpg
Queen Letizia wears the floral tiara! I had so much hoped to see her with a tiara she hasn't worn so often before. But at least they kept the dress code to white tie. And the Queen looks very elegant in that black dress.

All in all it was a good day for tiara watching: Maxima, Masko & Letizia :)

And the Diamond Floral Tiara really suits Letizia.

Well it was fun guessing what tiara QL would have worn,I wonder when we'll have another Spanish tiara event!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1I9h8eCIAAxTga.jpg
Queen Letizia wears the floral tiara! I had so much hoped to see her with a tiara she hasn't worn so often before. But at least they kept the dress code to white tie. And the Queen looks very elegant in that black dress.

All in all it was a good day for tiara watching: Maxima, Masko & Letizia :)

Beautiful tiara, but kind of disappointed.

I'm also of the opinion that the cameo tiara will not be worn before the wedding of CP. Though I don't hope to see at as the bridal tiara, but it would be nice if the Queen wore it to the 2015 Nobels. It hasn't been see for a long time.

Imo it is likely that Victoria will save the laurel tiara for the wedding of her brother, so that there will be a symbolic tribute to Princess Lilian again. I hope to see her with the fringe tiara again. It once seemed to be amoung her favourites and I don't understand that she hasn't worn it for so long.

I thinks that SIlvia or Victoria will be wearing the Cameo at the wedding, if it makes an appearance at all.

What tiaras could be expect or want the Swedish royal ladies to wear for the official dinner at November 18th? This is less than a month before the Nobel Prize with two tiara events, and the Queen has a possible showing in Paris on December 2nd.

I think the Queen will wear the Nine Prong tiara and Victoria will wear the Baden Fringe tiara.

As for the Queen in Paris, I am hoping for the Cameo tiara, but I think she will wear the sapphire tiara.

I thinks that SIlvia or Victoria will be wearing the Cameo at the wedding, if it makes an appearance at all.

At CP and Sofia's wedding, I think Queen Silvia will wear the Leuchtenberg Sapphires. To me, she appears to be following a hierarchy of the "Big Guns" for her children's weddings: for Victoria's wedding, she used the biggest of the Big Guns, and for her youngest child's wedding, she used the smallest of her Big Guns.

Since the queen wore the Nine Prong Tiara at the first official dinner of the year in March, I hope that she wears the Connaught or Ruby Tiara this time. I hope that Victoria wears the Laurel Wreath Tiara, because I hope that the wears the Baden Fringe tiara at the Nobel ceremony.

I think the Queen will wear the Nine Prong tiara and Victoria will wear the Baden Fringe tiara.

As for the Queen in Paris, I am hoping for the Cameo tiara, but I think she will wear the sapphire tiara.
I think that the French state banquets have now a black tie dress code. So I don't think the the Queen will wear the big Leuchtenberg tiara, but some smaller tiara. My guess is the Connaught tiara.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom