Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 2 scheduled galas in sweden in the coming days. One on the 8th of September and one on the 9th. Both are for world childhood foundation and the first will take place somewhere in Stockholm and the second one at the royal palace in Stockholm .....I wonder if any of them (esp the second one due to it's location) will be white tie.
H.K.H. Prinsessan Madeleine - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Another gala is scheduled for the 18th of November .....I'm sure it'll be white tie since it's one of those representation galas.....so my guesses for the queen(since she's the only women scheduled to attend for now,though I'm sure more will be added later) are the 9 prong, the diamond Connaught or the amethysts parure

I can't imagine that the two galas for Childhood will be white tie.

But the representation dinner is something to look forward to. My guess for the queen is the 9-prongs tiara and for Victoria hopefully the fringe once again. She hasn't worn it since 2011! It's about time that she wears it again!

Two upcoming statevisits for the Dutch! One to Japan (29-31 October) and one to South-Korea (3-4 November)!
Let's start speculating for the tiaras (I hope the Queen wears two different (or more) ones, I think she will). I think especially Japan will be glittering (hopefully we'll have two big tiara-galas there, we don't have the program yet).
So what do we think?
I at least expect a big gun for Japan's State Banquet.

I am expecting a large tiara for Japan too. Not the Stuart one sadly, as I think we either will never see that one again or will only see it at a special occasion like WA's 50th birthday or a state visit to the UK. Since the sapphire tiara was recently worn I am hoping for the Württemberg pearl tiara in Tokyo. Beatrix wore Anna Pavovna's pearls during her Japanese state visit btw.

For South Korea I am expecting a smaller one, perhaps Queen Emma's diamond tiara as Máxima already wore the two ruby tiaras, the bandeau, Anna Pavlovna's pearl tiara and the emerald and the larger sapphire ones since she became queen.

I am expecting a large tiara for Japan too. Not the Stuart one sadly, as I think we either will never see that one again or will only see it at a special occasion like WA's 50th birthday or a state visit to the UK. Since the sapphire tiara was recently worn I am hoping for the Württemberg pearl tiara in Tokyo. Beatrix wore Anna Pavovna's pearls during her Japanese state visit btw.

For South Korea I am expecting a smaller one, perhaps Queen Emma's diamond tiara as Máxima already wore the two ruby tiaras, the bandeau, Anna Pavlovna's pearl tiara and the emerald and the larger sapphire ones since she became queen.

Yes, I think of a large one for Japan to honor the Imperial Family. The Württemberg would be great!!!!! I think, that even Masako will attend, as she visited the Netherlands some years ago.
Bye Bine

I also hope for a big tiara in Japan. The Württemerg diamond and peral tiara with the upright pearls prongs would be great or perhaps the Sapphire tiara for a second time. Let's hope she will not wear a smaller one (or none at all) when the empress will not wear one (as apparently she was advised by her Doctor's). Im a also hoping for a return Event with tiara's. As for the Korea Visit my guess is that there will be a small tiara if any at all. Don't know the dresscode for State Banquet's there. Perhaps the diamond bandeau.

Interesting will be also which tiara we will see on the head of Princess Maria Theresia of Thurn and Taxis on 13.09.. As far as known the only tiara witout coloured stones the Family has not sold is the big Empire tiara. But i doubt she will use this one as it was never worn by Fürstin Gloria. Perhaps the can remove the emerald drops from the emerald tiara and either leave it without anything or they can (if they have some) hang in pearl in the holes.

I can't imagine that the two galas for Childhood will be white tie.

But the representation dinner is something to look forward to. My guess for the queen is the 9-prongs tiara and for Victoria hopefully the fringe once again. She hasn't worn it since 2011! It's about time that she wears it again!

My hope for the representation dinner is that we finally get to see the tiara of Estelle Bernadotte that the rumours say the royal family bought back from her sons.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Japan: At the last two New Year Receptions the Empress didn't wear a tiara, but all the imperial Princesses still did. So I don't think there will be a reason for Maxima to go bare headed :D. I agree that she'd probably wear one of the bigger tiaras. And since coloured stones are not usually worn by the imperial ladies, the beautiful Württemberg pearl tiara would be a perfect choice, imo.

South Korea: I hope that the Queen will wear a small tiara in South Korea, even if the banquet might be black tie. It would be great if she finally gives the laurel wreath tiara a go.

Ah, the Thurn und Taxis wedding:D. I'm so much looking forward to that one! Difficult to say whether the Empire tiara is still there. It wasn't sold at the auction because the price limit was not reached. But maybe there was an unknown private sale afterwards? On the other hand I assume that Fürstin Gloria never wore it because she is a colour-loving lady who was always attracted by the coloured stones. The large size of the Empire tiara can't have been the reason for Gloria's not wearing it, as she's worn the excessively large sapphire tiara several times.

Imo, it would make sense if the Empire tiara will be worn by Albert's bride (I hope he'll find her soon!). She will be the Fürstin upon her marriage, so that seems proper.

Gloria's love for colour seems to have rubbed off on to her two daughters. So maybe we will see a ruby bride? (The sapphire tiara is too much of a big monster, imo, so I hope that it won't make the race. And I find it difficult to imagine an emerald green wedding tiara, although it is a lovely piece). It's just two more weeks;)!

Yes, I think of a large one for Japan to honor the Imperial Family. The Württemberg would be great!!!!! I think, that even Masako will attend, as she visited the Netherlands some years ago.
Bye Bine

Not some years ago, just one year ago Princess Masako made her first official foreign trip in more than a decade: she did attend the Investiture of the King.

Pic: Crown Prince Naruhito and Princess Masako arrive at the Nieuwe Kerk in Amsterdam: http://jto.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/nn20130501d1a-870x630.jpg

J

Ah, the Thurn und Taxis wedding:D. I'm so much looking forward to that one! Difficult to say whether the Empire tiara is still there. It wasn't sold at the auction because the price limit was not reached. But maybe there was an unknown private sale afterwards? On the other hand I assume that Fürstin Gloria never wore it because she is a colour-loving lady who was always attracted by the coloured stones. The large size of the Empire tiara can't have been the reason for Gloria's not wearing it, as she's worn the excessively large sapphire tiara several times.

Imo, it would make sense if the Empire tiara will be worn by Albert's bride (I hope he'll find her soon!). She will be the Fürstin upon her marriage, so that seems proper.

Gloria's love for colour seems to have rubbed off on to her two daughters. So maybe we will see a ruby bride? (The sapphire tiara is too much of a big monster, imo, so I hope that it won't make the race. And I find it difficult to imagine an emerald green wedding tiara, although it is a lovely piece). It's just two more weeks;)!

But Fürstin Gloria also has worn the diamond and pearl tiara of Empress Eugenuie a few times before it was sold and apparently also the beautiful fuchsia tiara at last once. I agree that the ruby tiara would make a nice bridal tiara as the rubies are not taht big. But one never knows perhaps there is still an diamonad tiara in the Vaults which has not seen the light of the day sicne decades.

State Visit to Japan: I hope Queen Máxima will wear the Württemberg Ornate Pearl Diadem in full setting, that means: with all upright pearls on top. The last time this happened was in 1966, at the wedding of Princess Beatrix. Last year Queen Beatrix wore upright pearls but only a few, not all of them.

The diadem with 11 top pearls: http://www.anp-archief.nl/attachment/240854

The diadem with 5 top pearls, so to see: http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Queen+Beatrix+Queen+Beatrix+Hosts+Dinner+Ahead+Q216UVxWtS1x.jpg

The diadem without top pearls: http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Wedding+Danish+Crown+Prince+Frederik+Mary+SRiEyfQPzmVx.jpg

Last edited:
But Fürstin Gloria also has worn the diamond and pearl tiara of Empress Eugenuie a few times before it was sold and apparently also the beautiful fuchsia tiara at last once. I agree that the ruby tiara would make a nice bridal tiara as the rubies are not taht big. But one never knows perhaps there is still an diamonad tiara in the Vaults which has not seen the light of the day sicne decades.

Oops, I forgot that she'd worn the fuchsia tiara and the pearl tiara. Both very beautiful tiaras that would be perfect for a bride. Alas, they are gone. But I find it difficult to imagine that Gloria would have kept some nice, wearable tiaras unworn in the vaults, while she sold some tiaras which she obviously liked well enough to wear them.

Not some years ago, just one year ago Princess Masako made her first official foreign trip in more than a decade: she did attend the Investiture of the King.

Pic: Crown Prince Naruhito and Princess Masako arrive at the Nieuwe Kerk in Amsterdam: http://jto.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/nn20130501d1a-870x630.jpg
It would be so great to see Princess Masako with a tiara a the gala dinner. But I don't think that it will happen. Imo, it's more likely that she will attend some shorter minor event with the guests and have a private meeting behind the scenes.

It's a pity that Princess Kako's 20th birthday is after the Visit. Otherwise it might have been her first full tiara event. Princess Noriko on the other hand, will already be married and no longer attend :sad:.

Oops, I forgot that she'd worn the fuchsia tiara and the pearl tiara. Both very beautiful tiaras that would be perfect for a bride. Alas, they are gone. But I find it difficult to imagine that Gloria would have kept some nice, wearable tiaras unworn in the vaults, while she sold some tiaras which she obviously liked well enough to wear them.

I think that the pearl tiara was sold because it could be expected that it could be sold to a high price. And we haven't seen her often wearing a tiara since the death of her husband and the big auction so one never knows. Apparently she once said that there are still Parures/Jewels with all mayor stones in the Vaults.

State Visit to Japan: I hope Queen Máxima will wear the Württemberg Ornate Pearl Diadem in full setting, that means: with all upright pearls on top. The last time this happened was in 1966, at the wedding of Princess Beatrix. Last year Queen Beatrix wore upright pearls but only a few, not all of them.

The diadem with 11 top pearls: http://www.anp-archief.nl/attachment/240854

The diadem with 5 top pearls, so to see: http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Queen+Beatrix+Queen+Beatrix+Hosts+Dinner+Ahead+Q216UVxWtS1x.jpg

The diadem without top pearls: http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Wedding+Danish+Crown+Prince+Frederik+Mary+SRiEyfQPzmVx.jpg
Wasn't it also worn at the State Visit to the Uk in the early 1980's with all upright pearls?

Wasn't it also worn at the State Visit to the Uk in the early 1980's with all upright pearls?

Oh yes how could I forget that only one complete outing during Queen Beatrix' Reign? Here is a video of that with both Queens glitzing and glamming, look how big it is in complete setting. Too bad that Queen Beatrix wore it so tilted and the sides buried in the hair (very short flash of only a few seconds, both Queens in white gowns):

Staatsbezoek aan Groot-Brittannië, 1982 - YouTube

I hope Maxima will wear the Stuart Tiara at the Japan visit. I think it's the perfect tiara to meet an Emperor and Empress. :flowers:

I hope Maxima will wear the Stuart Tiara at the Japan visit. I think it's the perfect tiara to meet an Emperor and Empress. :flowers:
It would be so wonderful to see the Stuart Tiara worn again! But I doubt the Queen Maxima will wear it abroad for the first time. And I don't think that she will wear it during the very first years of her reign.

I am curious whether she will wear a white tiara, like the Japanese ladies usually do, or something with coloured stones. A ruby parure would display the colours of the Japanese flag. And I would love to see the peacock parure's necklace once again.

I know it will be in 3 months, but here are my predictions for the 2014 Nobel Prizes:

Queen Silvia: Sapphire Parure
Crown Princess Victoria: Baden Fringe Tiara
Princess Madeleine: Connaught Tiara

Dinner for the laureates:

Queen Silvia: Nine Prong Tiara
Crown Princess Victoria: Amethyst Tiara
Princess Madeleine: Modern Fringe Tiara

If Sofia goes, I think she will wear the Four Button tiara, then the Diamond Bandeau.

I really hope Silvia will wear the Cameo tiara this year, but I somehow doubt it.

There is an incoming State Visit from Singapore to the UK in October. My guesses would be:
Her Majesty: My guesses would be the Burmese Ruby or the Girls of GB. I wish she would take the Oriental Circlet out again :( She did look really grand on the debut in Malta back in 2005 but I wonder why she has not worn it again since then and just stick to the Burmese again.

The Duchess of Cornwall: I guess might be the Boucheron Honeycomb Tiara as usual.

Hopefully the Duchess of Cambridge recovers from morning sickness and starts attending State Banquet. I would love to see a glimpse of her in the Lotus Flower Tiara again.

I know it will be in 3 months, but here are my predictions for the 2014 Nobel Prizes:

Queen Silvia: Sapphire Parure
Crown Princess Victoria: Baden Fringe Tiara
Princess Madeleine: Connaught Tiara

Dinner for the laureates:

Queen Silvia: Nine Prong Tiara
Crown Princess Victoria: Amethyst Tiara
Princess Madeleine: Modern Fringe Tiara

If Sofia goes, I think she will wear the Four Button tiara, then the Diamond Bandeau.

I really hope Silvia will wear the Cameo tiara this year, but I somehow doubt it.
I think that Sofia will attend, though she'll probably not sit with the RF on the stage. She will probably be seated near Princess Christina, like Jonas was when he still was the fiancee.

Now, will Sofia wear a tiara before she is married? Imo it would be better to go the traditional way and not wear a tiara before the wedding. But then the RF seems so outspoken in showing their acceptance of CP's bride, that she'll probably be allowed to wear one.

There is an incoming State Visit from Singapore to the UK in October. My guesses would be:
Her Majesty: My guesses would be the Burmese Ruby or the Girls of GB. I wish she would take the Oriental Circlet out again :( She did look really grand on the debut in Malta back in 2005 but I wonder why she has not worn it again since then and just stick to the Burmese again.

The Duchess of Cornwall: I guess might be the Boucheron Honeycomb Tiara as usual.

Hopefully the Duchess of Cambridge recovers from morning sickness and starts attending State Banquet. I would love to see a glimpse of her in the Lotus Flower Tiara again.

Great to learn about this State Visit.
I also would love to see the oriental circlet again. Imo, it is so much more beautiful than the Burmese ruby tiara, and it has this long royal history.

It would be great to see the Duchess of Cornwall in some other tiara then the Boucheron. It looks good on her, but it’s getting boring.

Somehow I doubt that the Duchess of Cambridge will attend. The Cambridges are slowly increasing their Royal agenda, but State Banquets are probably not yet scheduled for them. But if she attends, my guess is that she wears her wedding tiara again.

It is not needed to be married to show a diadem. It is not even needed to be married to attend a State Banquet as a guest.

Ms Máxima Zorreguieta Cerruti did attend the State Banquet given in honour of King Juan Carlos of Spain and his spouse Queen Sofía. She wore parts of Princess Juliana's diamonds-and-aquamarines parure.

In Oslo Ms Máxima Zorreguieta Cerruti did attend the wedding of Crown Prince Haakon with Ms Mette-Marit Tjessem Høiby. She wore the diamond fleurons from the Antique Pearl Diadem.

In both cases Máxima was no royal and not married.
:flowers:

Máxima in Amsterdam 2001: http://www.christinesroyalty.net/news/pic/staatsbezoek_juancarlos.jpg

Máxima in Oslo 2001:
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/be/64/41/be64415cb985136fa1700bd610e1dea9.jpg

No, it's not needed to be married to wear a tiara. But still it is a tradition in many/most royal families. Afaik, Mary Donaldson attended a state banquet during her engagement period and she did not wear a tiara. Letizia didn't wear a tiara at the Danish wedding shortly before her own wedding. Princess Sophie of Isenburg didn't wear a tiara to the wedding in Monaco, although there is one in her own family. To me it seems, that Maxima was the exeption from the rule. The SWR can go both ways.

I really hope Victoria does not wear the button tiaras at the Nobel Prizes this year, as she wore them at the last two events.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Victoria has not worn a tiara all year long and I hope she wear the Baden Fringe tiara this year as she has not worn it in nearly three years.

:previous:You are correct:flowers:. Victoria didn't wear a tiara since last year's second Nobel evening. She didn't even attend the first gala of the Nobel Awards. And the last time she wore the fringe tiara was the King's Dinner in 2011! It's about time she wore it again. But I'd also love to see her wear the laurel tiara for the Nobel Awards.

I hope that Madeleine and Christopher will be at this year's Nobels! Maybe with the amethyst tiara again? Imo she looked pretty good with it.

As for Princess Christina, I hope that she won't wear the 6-buttons at both evenings again. Imo, she is the only one amoung the current royal ladies with the right hairstyle to go with this tiara. But she should alternate the tiara more. I'd love to see her with the aquamarine tiara kokoshnik again!

Even though it's many years away, I can't help but predict the tiaras the Scandinavian royal women will wear at future royal weddings. I assume those future weddings will be in the afternoon like the recent Scandinavian royal weddings.

Crown Princess Victoria:

Estelle's future wedding: Braganza Tiara
Leonore's future wedding: Sapphire parure

Crown Princess Mette Marit:

Ingrid Alexandra's future wedding: Josephine's Diamond Tiara
Sverre Magnus' future wedding: Josephine's Emerald Tiara

Crown Princess Mary:

Christian's future wedding: Danish Pearl Poire Tiara
Isabella's future wedding: Danish Emerald Tiara
Vincent's future wedding: Danish Ruby Tiara
Josephine's future wedding tiara: Floral Aigrette Tiara

Princess Madeleine:

Estelle's future wedding: Connaught Tiara
Leonore's future wedding: Amethyst Tiara

Even though it's many years away, I can't help but predict the tiaras the Scandinavian royal women will wear at future royal weddings. I assume those future weddings will be in the afternoon like the recent Scandinavian royal weddings.

Crown Princess Victoria:

Estelle's future wedding: Braganza Tiara
Leonore's future wedding: Sapphire parure

Crown Princess Mette Marit:

Ingrid Alexandra's future wedding: Josephine's Diamond Tiara
Sverre Magnus' future wedding: Josephine's Emerald Tiara

Crown Princess Mary:

Christian's future wedding: Danish Pearl Poire Tiara
Isabella's future wedding: Danish Emerald Tiara
Vincent's future wedding: Danish Ruby Tiara
Josephine's future wedding tiara: Floral Aigrette Tiara

Princess Madeleine:

Estelle's future wedding: Connaught Tiara
Leonore's future wedding: Amethyst Tiara

How interesting. Clearly this assumes that Mary, MM and Victoria are Queen's by the time of the weddings of their children - not an unrealistic assumption given the ages of the children and the reigning monarchs.

I am tiara-starved! There was only one tiara event this month, and that was a rather boring repetition of often-seen Norwegian tiaras. Not even a tiara worn by Princess Maria-Theresia of Thurn und Taxis. I really need more than that to keep up my spirit! Something spectacular, and I can’t wait till the Nobels. Queen Maxima might pull off something stunning, something she hasn’t worn before, but even those two Dutch state visits seem to be too far off.

And I don’t expect Princess Noriko of Japan to wear a tiara on her wedding on 5 October. At least Princess Sayako, the last Japanese Imperial Princess to marry, didn’t wear her tiara at her wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom