Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the british Wedding i hopewe will see a tiara at all. It would be very disappointing if kate choose not to wear a tiara.
Same here:flowers: For an tiara addict like me it is absolutely essential that Kate will wear a tiara!;)
As for next weeks State Visit in Spain it could be that we weill see some bigger bling on the spanish Royal Ladies. Usually for State Visits from other Monarchies Queen Sofia tends to wear one of the bigger tiaras and perhaps letizia will wear her new tiara or the shell again.
I wish you were right! But alas, no tiaras at all in Spain! The SRF seems to follow their trend to become more and more low key. It's a pity!
There willbe another State Visit at the End of may when the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess of Luxemburg will pay a State Visit to Norway. Hope to see a good number of tiaras then.
Now, that looks promising! The Grand Duchess has a great tiara collections which is rarely seen. So that will be a highlight for me. In Norway we ususally see three royal ladies wearing tiaras: the Queen, Ps. Mette-Marit and Ps. Astrid. But for the SV from the Netherlands also Ps. Märtha-Louise made a rare appearance. I guess that was due to the close personal connections with the Dutch Royals. So, as the Norwegian and the Luxemburg families are related and good friends, this might be another chance to see Märtha-Louise attending. The prospect cheers me up!:)

Can I just say, that aside from her wedding day, I really don't see Charlene as a tiara wearing person? I think she looks great as she is, and when I try to picture her with a tiara either worn by Princess Grace or Princess Caroline she looks ridiculous. Has anybody photoshopped this out to see what she's look like?

I just did. I think she would look great wearing rubies.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...aras-and-jewels-2-a-11966-42.html#post1248255

QEII and the DoE are paying a state visit to Dublin today. What do you think? Will the Queen wear the Girls of Ireland and Great Britain tiara tonight? Or would she wear jewels without connections to Ireland, so that no discussion about the difficult history between the two countries is sparked?

QEII and the DoE are paying a state visit to Dublin today. What do you think? Will the Queen wear the Girls of Ireland and Great Britain tiara tonight? Or would she wear jewels without connections to Ireland, so that no discussion about the difficult history between the two countries is sparked?

I am not sure that HM has any jewels with an Irish connection, though if she does, she may well use them. She may well choose to wear the Grand Duchess Vladamir tiara with the emeralds, though with HM, its always difficult to tell.

muriel said:
I am not sure that HM has any jewels with an Irish connection, though if she does, she may well use them. She may well choose to wear the Grand Duchess Vladamir tiara with the emeralds, though with HM, its always difficult to tell.

hm, looks like it was Granny's tiara after all.

Indeed it was lovely see that tiara being worn at Dublin Castle. I had never seen her necklace before or the harp brooch she wore.

And she has been utterly amazing the whole trip. Made me very proud to be Irish and absolutely delighted she was finally here and obviously enjoying herself!

Now the qeustion is what tiara will she wear for Obamas state banquet?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can somebody help me with clarification here.
Obviously, the State Dinner at Dublin Castle was a black tie event - and according to all information my fellow posters have provided for long time - this means no tiaras.
Why did the Queen then wear a tiara - although for us tiara addicts this is always nice. :)

I think the Queen pretty much always wears a tiara to a state banquet, end of. Not many others at the reception would have the choice, and it is hers to make.
Now the qeustion is what tiara will she wear for Obamas state banquet?!
I am hoping for the emeralds to emerge again after a long time.

I'd like to see the diamond Kokoshnik, Queen Victoria's diamond collet necklace and earrings and Queen Victoria's diamond bar brooch.

Excellent choices indeed!
I too would like to see all of those. But I have not seen her in sapphires in quite a while, so maybe the George VI sapphire parure, her own sapphire tiara and the Queen Victoria Sapphire Brooch might be nice!

Can somebody help me with clarification here.
Obviously, the State Dinner at Dublin Castle was a black tie event - and according to all information my fellow posters have provided for long time - this means no tiaras.
Why did the Queen then wear a tiara - although for us tiara addicts this is always nice. :)

You're on the right lines with your thoughts Countess Felicitas: It is British Protocol that Tiaras are worn with White Tie only [although the Queen herself varies this on occasions: most noticeble example was the 1990 'birthdays party'.] Of course, as the State Dinner was an Irish Occasion, Irish 'protocol' applies and presumably black-tie-and-tiara was in order!

I hope this helps,

Alex

Last edited:
What other Royals will attend the State Dinner for the Obamas? I'm guessing The Princess Royal, Duchess of Cornwall and Countess of Wessex along w/their husbands at the least, right?

I would expect that we will see the following at the Obama state banquet: The Queen, Duchess of Cornwall, Princess Royal, Countess of Wessex, Duchess of Gloucester, Princess Michael of Kent...and maybe Princess Beatrice.

According to the news this morning both the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will greet the Obamas at Buckingham Palace before the official welcome by Her Majesty. So as they will be at the Palace today, can one assume that they will be present at the state banquet?

Which means shall we see The Duchess of Cambridge in jewels and a tiara tonight?

:previous:

Sadly no. No Cambridges tonight :sad:

Maybe will HM will wear the ruby or sapphire tiara tonight, as blue and red are part of the US flag?

Maybe will HM will wear the ruby or sapphire tiara tonight, as blue and red are part of the US flag?

That would be nice but when rubies she could wear the oriental circlet for a change.
Wonder if there is a chance that Camilla will wear the delhi durbar tiara again as it's a major State Visit.

That would be nice but when rubies she could wear the oriental circlet for a change.
Wonder if there is a chance that Camilla will wear the delhi durbar tiara again as it's a major State Visit.
Good idea! The oriental circlet is so much nicer than the Burmese ruby tiara, but it is also more delicate. I wouldn't expect Camilla to wear the really big Dehli Durbar tiara while the Queen wears a much smaller tiara.
Here my suggestion: QEII wears the the oriental circlet and Camilla gets Queen Mary's good old sapphire bandeau. Et voilá: we have the colours of the US flag! (OK, I know I'm daydreaming here:D)

Good idea! The oriental circlet is so much nicer than the Burmese ruby tiara, but it is also more delicate. I wouldn't expect Camilla to wear the really big Dehli Durbar tiara while the Queen wears a much smaller tiara.
Here my suggestion: QEII wears the the oriental circlet and Camilla gets Queen Mary's good old sapphire bandeau. Et voilá: we have the colours of the US flag! (OK, I know I'm daydreaming here:D)
Wehen the Queen wears rubiesand the Order of the Garther whioch seh will as there are no Orders from the US she could war and a white gown like always for State Banquetsshe has already the Colours iof the US-Flag. As for the Delhi durbar when Camilla wore it for the norwegian Visit HM wore the Vladimir ttiara with pearls which is not small but compared to the durbar it certainly is smaller as it. I never understand why then Queen not used it herself for important Visits like Queen Silvia does it with the bragnaca tiara.

A new tiara Event is coming next week with the luxemburgian State Visit to Norway.
This aremy guesses: Queen Sonja there merelads as she wears it for the most important Events, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa the diamond scroll tiara from Joséphine Charlotte, i wish she would wear the empire tiara but don't think it's likely as she has only worn it to the State Visits in the Netherlands and Belgium and to bothj Families there are special connections, Mette-Marit the amethysts and Princess Astrid the turqioses. Hope that also Märtha Louise attends the State Visit and if she will she will wear her small 18th birthday gift tiara.

Unfortunately no oriental circlet at the Obama visit. HM wore the Vladimir tiara with pearl drops, the DoCo wore the honeycome tiara, the Princess Royal the Greak key tiara, the Countess of Wessex her wedding tiara, Princess Michael her fringe tiara. I haven't seen pics of the Duchess of Gloucester, but I think we will see good pics of her at the second banquett tonight.
A new tiara Event is coming next week with the luxemburgian State Visit to Norway.
This aremy guesses: Queen Sonja there merelads as she wears it for the most important Events, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa the diamond scroll tiara from Joséphine Charlotte, i wish she would wear the empire tiara but don't think it's likely as she has only worn it to the State Visits in the Netherlands and Belgium and to bothj Families there are special connections, Mette-Marit the amethysts and Princess Astrid the turqioses. Hope that also Märtha Louise attends the State Visit and if she will she will wear her small 18th birthday gift tiara.
The Luxemburg visit to Norway will bring out big sparklers, and you are lucky, Stefan: Märtha Louise will attend. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...y-may-30-june-1-2011-a-30676.html#post1257598
I agress about the emeralds for Queen Sonja, she will surely wear her most prestigious tiara (and hopefully without her salmon dress!). It would be nice to see Mette-Marit with the small version of the pearl tiara for the second time. Märtha-Louise will wear her own diamond tiara and for Princess Astrid I hope for the Vasa tiara.
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Grand Duchess with the Empire tiara. After all both families are related through their Swedish relatives. And Maria Teresa seems to be quite fond of it. Personlally I don't think that is suits her well because it it so overwhelming.

Last edited:
Tonight in Oslo:
Queen Sonja - full version of the pearl tiara
Grand Duchess Maria Teresa - the Societé Generale diamond tiara
CP Mette-Marit - her wedding tiara
Princess Astrid - the Vasa tiara
Princess Märtha-Louise - her own tiara
Fairly understated jewellery imho. But the Grand Duchess wears a sapphire necklace of GD Josephine-Charlotte wich can also be worn as a tiara. I think it's the first time MT wears it.

Tonight in Oslo:
Queen Sonja - full version of the pearl tiara
Grand Duchess Maria Teresa - the Societé Generale diamond tiara
CP Mette-Marit - her wedding tiara
Princess Astrid - the Vasa tiara
Princess Märtha-Louise - her own tiara
Fairly understated jewellery imho. But the Grand Duchess wears a sapphire necklace of GD Josephine-Charlotte wich can also be worn as a tiara. I think it's the first time MT wears it.

Yes it's not the big Jewellry we exepcted. Maria Teresa has also worn the diamond and sapphire necklace at the 60th birthday of King Carl Gustaf but never as tiara.

I'm hoping the Canada tour will have two tiara events for the Duchess of Cambridge... Any ideas on how likely that is?

Yes it's not the big Jewellry we exepcted. Maria Teresa has also worn the diamond and sapphire necklace at the 60th birthday of King Carl Gustaf but never as tiara.
...at least Astrid didn't take out her wings or her ruby antenna.. :whistling:
I'm hoping the Canada tour will have two tiara events for the Duchess of Cambridge... Any ideas on how likely that is?
I would love to see Kate with a tiara. But William is only the second in line, and last time Charles and Camilla were in Canada ther was no tiara event at all. So I don't really think that the DoCa will wear a tiara.

I hope we get to see some interesting "historical" pieces of royal jewellery on Catherine in the forthcoming overseas trip. Any specific requests just in case she is reading?

I hope we get to see some interesting "historical" pieces of royal jewellery on Catherine in the forthcoming overseas trip. Any specific requests just in case she is reading?
Just in case she's reading: I hope that she will join the "brooch-club"!:flowers: Wouldn't it be great if she started to wear some of the royal brooches at official engagements? HM surely has something appropriate lying around. Maybe start with maple leaf brooch at the Canadian tour?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom