Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously my memory tricked me, but I thought that neither Spanish nor British royals attended the 70's birthday of King Harald. I would love to see Queen Sophia wear one of her bigger tiaras again, eg. the Cartier pearl tiara or the loop tiara. And maybe Camilla with the Greville honeycomb tiara and Sophie with the aquamarine tiara. The Gloucester's have a superb tiara collection, the honeysuckle tiara is one of my favourites, but I doubt that 3 British couples will attend.
But one thing is certain: 2010 will be an excellant year for tiara watching, with Queen Margrethe's birthday and CP Victoria's wedding:)
Marengo, I like the rumours of the new setting for the stuart parure. I hope they are true!

It would be great to see Charles and Camilla at the event, though I am not optimistic. Perhaps Princess Anne?

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously my memory tricked me, but I thought that neither Spanish nor British royals attended the 70's birthday of King Harald.

Princess Anne & Prince Edward attended the celebrations.
Letizia was 7 months pregnant at the time but Princess Christina attended. :)

It would be great to see Charles and Camilla at the event, though I am not optimistic. Perhaps Princess Anne?
As Charles has attended all recent Crown Princely Weddings (with the exception of Frederiks) i hope he will also attend Victorias Wedding. As for Princess Anne it would be nice but she seldom attends royal Events abroad.

Would be nice if the Queen wore the emerald parure for the gala at Christiansborg.

I wouldn't be surprised if in Denmark, Máxima will wear the peacock ruby tiara again and/or the mellerio sapphire necklace as tiara (like princess Margriet did). There are rumours that the Stuart parure has a new (and smaller) setting, so who knows... maybe Queen Beatrix will surprise us all (otherwise her small floral tiara is a safe bet).
Oh it would be so fun to see Queen Bea with a new setting of the Stuart Parure. !!!! :flowers::flowers:

There are rumours that the Stuart parure has a new (and smaller) setting, so who knows... maybe Queen Beatrix will surprise us all.
I was thinking that if the reset Stuart parure incorporates the 'Holland' diamond, wouldn't it be more "appropriate" for the Queen to debut it at home rather than in Denmark?
-> House Diamond Parure (convoluted) history

I was thinking that if the reset Stuart parure incorporates the 'Holland' diamond, wouldn't it be more "appropriate" for the Queen to debut it at home rather than in Denmark?
-> House Diamond Parure (convoluted) history

I agree that it would be more appropriate to debut it at home. But at which event? The Queens 70th birthday has passed without a white tie gala. A "normal" state visit wouldn't really give the right setting for such a debut, imo. Anyway, Queen Beatrix doesn't like heavy tiaras and seems to be happy enough with alternating her few favourite tiaras. So, would it be for Maxima, who is obviously very fond of exploring the depth of the royal vaults? The coronation/investiture, maybe? Imo that would be the perfect occasion. But we will have to be patient, because Queen Beatrix is still in great shape, doing a great job. I don't see her abdicating any time soon.
Looking at John’s wonderful website I wonder why the 2nd setting of this tiara has never been seen. It seem quite wearable and it would be a shame to break up a historical tiara which has been a favourite of Queen Juliana.

Last edited:
Princess Alexia
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto Gala
Princess Victoria
Queen Margrethe.
Crown Princess Mary.
Crown Princess Mette Marit.
Queen Anne Marie.
GD Marie-Theresa.
Princess Benedikte.
Princess Marie.
Carina Axelsson.

Loved MARY,AND MAXIIAM

Can someone please post a close-up picture of the contemporary tiara of CP Mary and give some further clarification on it? thx so much:flowers:

Beautiful crown princess mary has the best tiarras out of all the regining princesses

Beautiful crown princess mary has the best tiarras out of all the regining princesses

She only has three at her disposal.
Maxima and Mette-Marit have a lot more.
They are indeed stunning but many of the Dutch Tiaras can outshine the Midnight one.

This tiara is fantastic for a less formal events, like yesterday, but I agree with lumutqueen - other princesses are better collections.

This tiara is fantastic for a less formal events, like yesterday, but I agree with lumutqueen - other princesses are better collections.

See I wish she would of worn her wedding tiara last night.

It's a formal enough event her mother-in-laws 70th Birthday, she wore the midnight tiara to Prince Henrik's 75th I know but if she'd been allowed to wear another new tiara, that would've been nice.

I am sure some of you enjoyed last week as much as I did. Unfortunately I was quite busy with real life and only just finished browsing throught all the pictures and organizing my archives. I made some panels of the major royal ladies and their tiaras during the three events. Hope you like this little overview:
http://inlinethumb35.webshots.com/44770/2324036620105578647S600x600Q85.jpg
http://inlinethumb08.webshots.com/23111/2482203550105578647S600x600Q85.jpg
http://inlinethumb04.webshots.com/46467/2886180160105578647S600x600Q85.jpg
The Queen and Mary looked stunning on all three nights. Margrethe finally wore the gorgeous emerald parure again. Mary wore the Midnight tiara again and now it is quite clear that she has a third tiara for good (at her disposal, it still belongs to the jeweller, but she can loan it.)
Carina Axelson appeared in a new tiara. Queen Beatrix wore the ruby peacock tiara for the first time. Maxima honoured us with the small sapphire tiara and there were some really stunning close-ups posted on the RJB. And there were a couple of really successful hairdo's, I especially liked Mary's with the ruby tiara and Mette-Marit's with the diamond bandeau. I'm still catching my breath.
On the down side: the Belgian and Spanish royal ladies didn't make it due to the vulcanic ash, Queen Silvia in her sapphire tiara was late and there are no proper pictures of her, Victoria (who looked decidedly happy with Daniel by her size) opted for the 4-Button-Mickey-Mouse-tiara and than for no tiara at all (she wore only a brooch in her hair at the last gala).

Am I right that there are state visits coming up? The Russian president was supposed to visit Norway and Denmark next week, is that correct?

Am I right that there are state visits coming up? The Russian president was supposed to visit Norway and Denmark next week, is that correct?

He visits Norway on 26th- 27th April and visit Denmark on 27-28th April.
Don't know about tiaras an ball gowns in Denmark, maybe a low key dinner. :ermm: But I expect we'll see gowns in Norway.

CP Maxima, the Swedish family and GD Marie have a great tiara collection in my opinion.

He visits Norway on 26th- 27th April and visit Denmark on 27-28th April.
Don't know about tiaras an ball gowns in Denmark, maybe a low key dinner. :ermm: But I expect we'll see gowns in Norway.

There will be in every case be a State Banquet in Dennmark. They always have one at State Viits. so we will also see some tiaras.
And aftr that we can look forward to Victorias Wedding Celebrations. Last week a swedish Newspaper had pictures of the Invitations who have recently been send out. And the Ladies are asked to wear Evening Wear which menas white tie for the Wedding Day.

I can't wait to see what tiara all the women will wear! I always enjoy seeing them!

Camilla's jewellery for Princess Victoria's wedding in June

Having recently seen the pictures of the various royals at the 70th birthday celebrations in Denmark, I was thinking of the upcoming wedding of Victoria and Daniel in Sweden in June. If the wedding celebrations in Stockholm followed the trend of the Danish royal wedding in 2004 and there were 2 tiara wearing events and if Charles and Camilla attended, it would be interesting to see what jewels Camilla wears. It will be important for Camilla to get this right as it will be one of her first visit to a large gathering of European royals, other than Charles' 60th birthday celebrations.

In terms of tiaras, I guess she would use the Boucheron and the Delhi Durbar. Her choice of other jewellery would be more interesting. Most of the other Queens / Princesses have access to a lot of very interesting and substantial old jewellery. Camilla's choice is slightly more restricted - she could use the collet necklace, and perhaps the other unnamed diamond necklace she used, or perhaps the 3 string Greville necklace. Her collection of coloured neckalces is perhaps less inspired: the Saudi emerald necklace, the Saudi ruby breastplate. Perhaps HM might lend her something interesting for the event, maybe the Greville emeralds? Your thoughts on the topic would be appreciated.

I'm excited to see who will wear what. I wrote a post that featured tiaras that Victoria might choose for her wedding (see here) and discovered the Napoleonic steel-cut tiara, which I never saw before. It is amazing but a little too severe for a wedding. Which, now that I think about it, I don't know why I included it, but it is so interesting to look at that I couldn't help myself. :)

Last edited:
Less than two months till the big wedding! I just hope that Victoria will not dig out another brooch for her pre-wedding. Just imagine everyone in their best jewels and the bride with a trinket in her hair. On Margrethe's birthday dinner she looked good, but not appropriate, imo.
I hope that Charles and Camilla will attend. Camilla would need two tiaras and one would most certainly be the Greville honeycomb. The Delhi Durbar again? Or how about one of Queen Mary's tiaras for the pre-wedding, the sapphire or the emerald bandeau?

But before that there are the Russian state visits to Norway and Denmark:
Mette-Marit will most likely wear the small diamond tiara, the Queen is more difficult to guess. Somehow I fear that she will smack on the moder topaz star wars thingy:bang:
In Denmark the wedding tiaras for Mary and Marie (hope she will attend, am I right that it would be her first state banquet?). Queen Margrethe just wore the pearl poire tiara, the emerald tiara and the floral aigrette at her birthday festivities, so I guess it's now time for the palmette tiara.

It's not certain that the Concert at the Concert House will be white tie. But the swedsh Version of the Wedding Website refers to it as Galaförestallning the english only only as Concert. I think that the private Dinner on Thursday will be black tie. So we can hope that the Concert will be indeed white tie. As for Camilla i think she could also opt for the Shand Family tiara on of the 2 Events if she and Charles are present at both days. I think in the netherlands and also in Norway he was only present on the actual Wedding day.

Stuart Diamond Tiara

The tiara looks good with bouffant hair style. I hope the queen will wear it soon like maybe to Victoria's wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom