Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Mary ever wear Queen Ingrid's rubies outside Denmark?

I adore Maxima in this tiara
I think CP Mary will wear all the rubies for Victoria's wedding

Did Mary ever wear Queen Ingrid's rubies outside Denmark?

As far as I can recall she has never worn them outside of Denmark.
Its and afternoon wedding and the rubies would be too heavy and too ostentatios. Wedding tiara is perfect. :)

So far HM is wearing the Kokoshnik but I cant tell about her other jewels and Im loving the South African order. Cant wait to see the rest.

Im guessing that Anne is wearing the greek key, is the Duchess of Gloucester in attendance as well???

So far HM is wearing the Kokoshnik but I cant tell about her other jewels and Im loving the South African order. Cant wait to see the rest.

THe Queen was also wearing the diamond necklace she recieved from the South African government. I'm so happy to see the kokoshnik again and it didn't look that bad at all.

The Duchess of Cornwall wore the Honeycomb (no surprise there) and the middle eastern emeralds which is amusing to me because just yesterday I thought it would be great to see the durbar with this necklace. Oh well, at least I got one right!

Its and afternoon wedding and the rubies would be too heavy and too ostentatios. Wedding tiara is perfect. :)

If only Mary & Fred go perhaps HM will loan her the floral aigrette tiara that HM wore to their wedding :)

If only Mary & Fred go perhaps HM will loan her the floral aigrette tiara that HM wore to their wedding :)
Probably not. I'm quiet sure both margrethe and Henrik aswell Frederik and mary will attends. Fore Margrethe the pearl Jewellryx and for Mary the rubies (perhaps without the necklace) as both came in the danish Royal family through a swedish Princess.

As Stefan said, unless something takes QM or Prince Henrik ill, they will attend.
I guessed right about the Kokoshnik. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
As usual I am frustrated with the quality of the gala photos. Impossible to make out the tiara's of Princess Anne and the DoG. We can still keep our guessing game open even after seeing the pictures. :ermm:
Well, at least I got the Boucheron honeycomb tiara right, but that was by far the easiest to guess. And I'm glad that HM wore one of her heirloom tiaras and not one of her contemporary trio (sapphire, aquamarine, rubies).

Yes, but so far she only attended two tiara events outside Denmark: the birthday galas of King Karl Gustav and King Harald. Queen Ingrid did wear the parure abroad, so why shouldn't Mary do so one day?

I never said she shouldn't, i just don't think she will for the wedding of Victoria.
The parue is in my mind far to flashy for an afternoon wedding. Plus sat in a church for i don't know how long, then attending the banquet aswell plus evening celebrations the tiara alone must way alot.

As I said the wedding tiara (it being a wedding) would go nicely, a simple diamond/ruby necklace depending on the dress. :)

I merely wanted to express my hopes that one day she will wear the ruby parure abroad, sorry if I was not clear:flowers:. Actually I can't make up my mind about which tiara she will wear. The wedding of Joachim and Marie was also an afternoon wedding, and Mary wore the rubies, even though the event was far less grand. But than it was a wedding in her own family.

I always found it odd that Mary wore the ruby parure to J&M's wedding, really odd actually. But I do think she will wear her wedding tiara but with a grandeur necklace perhaps. But I am very happy to hear that Queen Ingrid wore the rubys abroad, gives me hope for Mary then!

...The parue is in my mind far to flashy for an afternoon wedding.
She could easily only wear the tiara, brooch and earrings without the necklace. Then it would not be too grand. There where also some grand tiaras worn at her own Wedding.

King Carl Gustav and Queen Silvia are paying a state visit to Brazil March 23rd to March 26th. This should mean that there will be two tiara events, since the Swedish usually make their return banquett a white-tie affair.
So here is my guess for Queen Silvia: the Connaught tiara and the ruby tiara.
What do you think?

No not always. The make their reutrn dinner always in the same dress code then the Banquet on the first evening. Don't know what to expect in Brazil but i doubt it will be a white tie Banquet.

But another Tiara Event will be the 70birthday Celebrations of Queen margrethe. My guess is that the Gala at Christiansborg and the Gala at the Royal Theatre will be white tie affaris and the Banquet at Fredensborg black tie. I think Queen Margrethe will wear one time the emeralds, one time the big pearl tiara and one time the big floral tiara. And Mary probably at last at one occasion the rubys.

I can't wait for Queen Margrethe's birthday. :flowers:
Should be an all round royal tiara event.

I don't think Brazil will be white tie, but tiara's hopefully will appear. :)

In the programe for the State Vsisit to Brazil, for the first night only an "informal dinner for the royal couple at the presidential palace Alvorada, given by President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva and wife Marisa Leticia Lula da Silva" is mentioned. That would mean that The King will wear a suit and tie and The Queen a (long) dress with some nice necklace on, but no tiara. I still hope that the dinner will be black tie, as a kind of honour to Carl Gustaf and Silvia, who's half Brazilian.

Bobby

Queen Silvia did wear a tiara in Brazil - but only as a necklace. Since that doesn't really count, I have to admid that my assumptions were wrong.:flowers:

So now I am looking forward to Queen Margrethe's birthday celebrations. I just cannot imagine that tiaras will be worn at three occasions (though I wouldn't mind!).
So I will keep my expectations low and imagine only one tiara event.
Queen Margrethe - the pearl parure
Mary - rubies
Marie - small floral tiara (of course, it's her only tiara).
I wonder which relatives and other European royals will attend.
My guess:
Princess Elisabeth - sapphire tiara
I'm not sure if the Rosenborg cousins might attend
Queen Anne-Marie - the ruby parure
Princess Benedikte - Berleburg fringe tiara
Marie Chantale - her own fringe tiara
Tatiana Blatnik – it will be very interesting to see if she attends and if she will wear a tiara before her wedding.
Theodora - the antique corsage tiara
Alexia - her diamond tiara
Alexandra - pearl and star tiara
Carina Axelson – Ps. Benedikte's floral tiara (I know, this is a very risky guess ;))
Queen Silvia – nine prongs tiara
Victoria – Baden fringe tiara
Queen Sonja – Queen Josephine’s diamond tiara
Mette Marit – will wear the vifte tiara as a tiara for the first time (another risky guess, but I’m in a gambling mood tonight:cool:)
Queen Beatrix – pearl button tiara
Maxima – some sparkling nice surprise tiara she hasn’t worn before, eg. the laurel wreath tiara
Queen Paola – the diamond bandeau
Mathilde – another easy one: she only has her laurel wreath tiara

P.S. Oups, I forgot Princess Nathalie! Well, if she wears the star tiara and Princess Alexandra wears the floral tiara of Princess Benedikte, then Carina Axelson could wear the floral tiara she wore at Joachim and Marie's wedding (if that one wasn't a loan).

Last edited:
Tilia C, your tiara knowledge is incredible. I can't wait for the event as we have not seen so many tiara clad royals together for awhile. I do wish Fredrik would buy Mary a diamond necklace since her wedding tiara is dainty, she needs a necklace for this IMO! Looking forward to everyones choices especially Maxima and Marie Chantal and Marie Teresa!

That Queen Margrethe's birthday is going to be a glittering affair no one doubts. Assuming that ther are going to be at least two tiara events (banquet at Christiansborg, dinner and dance at Fredensborg) here's my (wish) list:

Danish royal family:
The Queen - emerald and pearl parureas
The Crown Princess - the ruby parure and her small diamond tiara
Princess Marie - the floral tiara
Princess Benedikte - the fringe and the floral tiaras
Princess Elizabeth - her sapphire tiara

Mambers of other royal families:
Queen Anne-Marie - the ruby parure and the Khedive tiara
Princess Marie-Chantal - her own fringe tiara
Princess Alexia - her own diamond tiara
Princess Theodora - the antique corsage (as usual)
Princess Alexandra of SWB - her mother's star or floral tiaras
Carina Axelsson (if she attends) - I hope the floral tiara from Marie and Joachim's wedding and/or the star tiara of Princess Benedikte
Queen Sofia - one of the two pearl tiaras and something with diamonds (the floral tiara?)
Princess Letizia - the meander and (I hope) the Mellerio shell tiaras
Queen Sonja - the diamond tiara would be a nice choice since (afaik) it was once in the Danish collection also Queen Maud's pearl and diamind tiara
Mette Marit - I'd love to see the vifte, but her wedding and amethyst tiaras are a more probable choice
Queen Paola - not much choice for her - the bandeau and Queen Astrid's tiara
Princess Mathilde - even less opportunities - the Laurel wreath tiara (but maybe with a riviere?)
Queen Beatrix - the Mellerio ruby tiara and the small floral tiara
Princess Maxima - the Peacock parure and the Antique Pearl Tiara
Grand Duchess Maria Teresa - the Art Deco emerald tiara and JC's wedding tiara or her rarely seen floral tiara

As I said, it's very much a wish list, but I hope we'll see at least half of the tiaras mentioned here.

Bobby

I forgot the Swedish ladies -

Queen Silvia - the Nine prong and the ruby tiaras
Crown Princess Victoria - the fringe and the button tiaras (she's worn the amethysts in Denmark recently)

Is it known who'll represent the UK? The Earl & Countess of Wessex and/or The Duke & Duchess of Gloucester?

Bobby

Thank you Rubies! I can't wait either! And I forgot about Marie Teresa. Shame on me, since she has an impressive tiara collection, which I hardly know anything about. So I won't guess what she's wearing. But I believe that there is a good chance that she will attend.
I left out the Spanish and British royals on purpose because they don't often attend other royal family events (but they can hardly leave out Victoria's wedding:p, it's just too important).
I agree with you, Bobby, when you say you hope to see half the tiaras mentioned. Somewhere I read that King Carl Gustav, Queen Silvia and Ps. Victoria will attend, but apart from that I have heard nothing about the guest list. Certainly there are several royals who can't attend due to other engagements, etc. And we don't know how many people were invited in the first place. But surely we should see more royal faces than on Prince Henrik's birthday last year.
My intuition (or is it wishful thinking?) tells me, that these festivities have some nice tiara surprise(ses) for us in store: a shiny birthday present for Margrethe, Maxima with a tiara she has not worn before, the long unseen Greek diamond tiara of Queen Sophie popping up, Mary with the midnight tiara again and the news that it now belongs to her, Queen Fabiola lending her Wolfers tiara to Mathilde, QEII attending and wearing Queen Alexandra's Rundell tiara.... at least I can dream:ROFLMAO:
Also I hope for some good pictures of Danish noble women and their sparkling goodies!

I left out the Spanish and British royals on purpose because they don't often attend other royal family events (but they can hardly leave out Victoria's wedding:p, it's just too important).

The Earl and Countess of Wessex attended both the Crown Prince of Spain & Denmarks weddings.

Prince Felipe, Princess Letizia and Queen Sofia attended the Crown Prince of Denmarks wedding.

It's just as important as any other wedding.

I agree with what you say about the tiara surprises at the birthday galas. Hope some of your predictions are true. I also like the idea of Elizabeth II attending the celebrations. We miss her here on the continent!

in addition to the Danish wedding, British and Spanish royal attended King Herald's 70th birthday - The Earl of Wessex, The Princess Royal and The Duke & The Duccess of Gloucester represented Elizabeth II and Infanta Cristina & Inaki Urdangarin - Juan Carlos I. I think that this time even Queen Sofia may attend, since she's a cousin to the birthday girl and was born into the same royal house. If Sophie Wessex attends that will give us a chance to see her GCVO.

Bobby

It would be nice if Queen Elizabeth II. attended but i don't think she will break her tradtion of not attending important Events on the Continent. But 10 years ago for Margrethes 60th birthday she sent Prince Philip. I think Charles and Camilla should attend both the 70th birthday and the swedish Wedding as Camilla has not attended an mayor royal Event since her marriage. As for Spain i believe in Copenhagen we will see probably either the King and Queen or Felipe and Letizia as since Felipe's marriage either one of both Couples. And in Stockholm probably the Queen, Felipe and Letizia and perhaps Elena and/or Cristina.

I wouldn't be surprised if in Denmark, Máxima will wear the peacock ruby tiara again and/or the mellerio sapphire necklace as tiara (like princess Margriet did). There are rumours that the Stuart parure has a new (and smaller) setting, so who knows... maybe Queen Beatrix will surprise us all (otherwise her small floral tiara is a safe bet).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom