The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

The British government has confirmed the SV from Spain on March 8-10.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1844342

So we'll have at least two royal-royal state visits next year. I hope that Queen Letizia will wear one of the bigger tiaras, either the fleur-de-lys, the Cartier loop tiara or the Cartier tiara of Queen Ena. The latter two are maybe still be owned by the JC or Sofia, but I believe that they are available for Letizia now.

Just one more week to the Nobel Awards! I'm really curious this year. Last year Victoria, Madeleine and Christina all repeated the same tiara on the second day, so I fear to see the same thing happening again. I believe that Madeleine and Sofia will wear their own tiaras on both days and that Princess Christina will wear the six-buttons on both days. For Victoria I hope for the laurel tiara and maybe one of the cut-steels on the second night. And the Queen maybe the nine-prongs and the Connaught.

Old 12-03-2015, 02:44 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Might Letizia wear the fleur-de-lys at their state visit to the UK next spring?
The Fleur-de-Lys is the signature tiara for the queens of Spain, but I'm afraid it is too big for someone like Letizia. In fact, any big gun tiara might be too big for her frame. Quite a dilemma really.

Old 12-03-2015, 02:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
A belgian State Visit to Japan was reported by royalblog.nl which is usually a reliable source. And spanish Newspapers have reported about upcoming spanish State Visit to the UK (i think also biritish Nespapers have speclated about this), Morocco and Japan.
I have my doubts about a spanish State Visit to Japan because King JC and Queen Sofia made a State Visit to Japan in 2008.
King Felipe and Queen Letizia had planned an official visit to Japan in 2013, corresponding to the visit of Prince Naruhito. Health problems of Juan Carlos and the abdication not allowed that trip... so State or Official Visit, I think they will visit Japan in 2016.
Old 12-03-2015, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
The British government has confirmed the SV from Spain on March 8-10.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1844342

So we'll have at least two royal-royal state visits next year. I hope that Queen Letizia will wear one of the bigger tiaras, either the fleur-de-lys, the Cartier loop tiara or the Cartier tiara of Queen Ena. The latter two are maybe still be owned by the JC or Sofia, but I believe that they are available for Letizia now.
If i would be her i would choose the loop diamond and pearl tiara. it was only worn 2 or 3 times by Qzueen Sofia and is therefore not so asscoaited with her then the 2 others. And i looks light it is quiet light.
Old 12-03-2015, 02:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Might Letizia wear the fleur-de-lys at their state visit to the UK next spring?
I think that would be nice in combination with her Fleur-de-lys brooch. I am personally hoping for the Cartier Pearl & Diamond Tiara.
Old 12-03-2015, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
The Fleur-de-Lys is the signature tiara for the queens of Spain, but I'm afraid it is too big for someone like Letizia. In fact, any big gun tiara might be too big for her frame. Quite a dilemma really.
Queen Ena wore nthe tiara in a more closed form more as a crown then it was worn by Queen Sofia. So if it can still be worn like this it would better fit to Letizia.
Old 12-03-2015, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

Queen Ena's Cartier tiara is the smallest of the big guns and I think it would look good on the Queen. Luckily she had very good tiara hair for her last few tiara occasions. And as we all know, good hair helps a lot in making a tiara work. Anyway, it could also be that she'll want to wear her own new tiara again, though I hope not.

Old 12-03-2015, 03:55 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Queen Ena's Cartier tiara is the smallest of the big guns and I think it would look good on the Queen. Luckily she had very good tiara hair for her last few tiara occasions. And as we all know, good hair helps a lot in making a tiara work. Anyway, it could also be that she'll want to wear her own new tiara again, though I hope not.
Her wedding gift tiara is actually what best suits Letizia's frame IMHO. However, it is too modest for a State Banquet offered by the British monarch to the King and Queen of Spain. The Spanish monarchy may have been (understandbly) slimmed down since the post-Franco restoration, but, following the fall of the French, Russian, Austrian and German monarchies, Britain and Spain are the only two major monarchies with an imperial past left in Europe (Belgium and the Netherlands also have a more modest imperial past of their own, but they are much younger monarchies and much smaller countries in comparison). Besides, D. Felipe is the head of one of the most senior branches of the Bourbon dynasty (one of the oldest and most illustrious families in Europe) and a descendant of Hugh Capet and, through him, of Emperor Charlemagne himself. A Spaniish state visit to the UK is a big deal then and the Queen of Spain is expected to acknowledge that. Letizia is known for her informal choices in attire, but I believe she understands the significance of the event and, in any case, I'm sure Queen Sofia will be more than willing to point that out toi her.
Old 12-03-2015, 04:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

The royal reception for the Diplomatic Corps will be held at Buckingham Palace on December 8th. I wonder what tiara's will we see appear on the senior royal ladies?

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-03-2015, 04:05 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Wearing the Fleur de Lys Tiara would be kind of from 0 to 100, so my bet goes to the Shell Tiara or the Pearl Tiara. I personally have a hard time imagining the Fleur de Lys Tiara or the Loop Tiara being worn, they are almost as big as Letizia's head.
The Floral Tiara and the Prussian Tiara are too much associated with the Princess days and the Princess Tiara is simply not worthy of such an event.
Old 12-03-2015, 04:11 PM
Serene Highness

Did Queen Sofia wear any of the joyas de pasar outside of Spain?
If so, it would be great to see some of them during the upcoming state visit.
Old 12-03-2015, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The royal reception for the Diplomatic Corps will be held at Buckingham Palace on December 8th. I wonder what tiara's will we see appear on the senior royal ladies?
Maybe it's more of a question which royal lady will be photographed by the paps? There never are pics of the Queen, because she already is at BP. Sometimes there are some shots of the royals in the car, so let's hope that this will be the case again this year.

My guess, Camilla - the Cubitt/Shand tiara, Kate - the flotus flower tiara. And do we know if Sophie, the Duchess of Gloucester and Princess Alexandra ever attend?

Old 12-03-2015, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
Yes she did. She wore the Fleur de Lys tiara at the State Visits to the UK (2 times), Belgium and Japan. And she wore the diamond necklace also often outside of Spain.
Old 12-03-2015, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Wearing the Fleur de Lys Tiara would be kind of from 0 to 100, so my bet goes to the Shell Tiara or the Pearl Tiara. I personally have a hard time imagining the Fleur de Lys Tiara or the Loop Tiara being worn, they are almost as big as Letizia's head.
The Floral Tiara and the Prussian Tiara are too much associated with the Princess days and the Princess Tiara is simply not worthy of such an event.
I somehow expect to see the floral tiara at the Guildhall banquet. But for the State Banquet it should be something bigger, imo. I see what you mean by going from 0 to 100. So one of the Cartier tiaras would be best. (What a luxury to say 'one of the Cartier tiaras' - there's not many people who have more than one of those. )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
Yes, she did! Queen Sofia several times wore the fleur-de-lys tiara abroad, eg. at a SV to Japan or the Jubilee of King Bhumibol in Thailand. So Letizia also can wear the joyas de pasar.

Old 12-03-2015, 04:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Maybe it's more of a question which royal lady will be photographed by the paps? There never are pics of the Queen, because she already is at BP. Sometimes there are some shots of the royals in the car, so let's hope that this will be the case again this year.

My guess, Camilla - the Cubitt/Shand tiara, Kate - the flotus flower tiara. And do we know if Sophie, the Duchess of Gloucester and Princess Alexandra ever attend?
We know Sophie attended in 2005, she was seen behind Camilla in the video. Likely she's attended in other years as well.
Old 12-04-2015, 07:44 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
HM - Girls of Great Britain
Camilla - Cubitt Shand Tiara
Sophie - Modern Aquamarine Tiara
Catherine - Cartier Scroll Tiara
Old 12-04-2015, 03:58 PM
Majesty

My guesses for the Diplomatic Cops dinner:

Elizabeth: Girls of Great Britain
Catherine: Lotus tiara
Sophie: Wedding tiara
Camilla: Greville tiara
Old 12-06-2015, 07:59 AM
Aristocracy

Nobels are coming up next week, so here my guesses:

Nobels
Queen Silvia - Nine Prongs tiara
Crown Princess Victoria - amethist tiara/Baden Fringe
Princess Sofia - 4 buttons tiara
Princess Madeleine - wedding tiara
Princess Christina - 6 buttons tiara

King's Dinner
Queen Silvia - Connaught tiara
Crown Princess Victoria - Princess Lillian's tiara
Princess Sofia - wedding tiara
Princess Madeleine - wedding tiara
Princess Christina - 6 buttons tiara

Princess Sofia's tiara's may be swept around, she may choose for her wedding tiara at the Nobels and wear the buttons at the second night.
Old 12-06-2015, 10:00 AM
Heir Apparent

I will try to do some guess only for the first night of the Nobels:

The queen: Nine prongs
Victoria: six buttons
Madeleine: four buttons
Sofia: wedding tiara
Old 12-06-2015, 12:00 PM
Nobility

First night for the Nobels:

Silva - 9 prong
Victoria - Baden
Madeleine - Modern Fringe
Sofia - wedding tiara.

(I still find it odd that Sofia wasn't wearing a Bernadotte tiara on her wedding day.)

2nd night - Victoria and Madeleine wore their Baden and Modern Fringes last year, they may do the same again. Sofia wears the wedding tiara on the 2nd night.

Of the Swedish collection, the Edward VII Ruby Tiara and the Diamond Bandeau have not been worn in recent years. Those two tiaras, like the Steel Cut, are tough pieces to wear. It will depend on the hairstyle and the dress would have to work well with them. If someone decides to switch it up and choose these tiaras I hope they make sure they look right in them.

Closed Thread

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara