The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 01:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaNL View Post
I really hope she will wear anything but the Halo Scroll.. I just can't appreciate it.. I don't know if it's the shape, or the size... I think the Lotus tiara looks very good on her so I hope she'll wear that one! With some rubies of course
I would be 100 % sure that Catherine would surprise us by wearing a significant tiara if it were not for a possible concern by the Queen not to demote Camilla. I mean, if Catherine had the Lovers Knot for example, Camilla would be publically humiliated as she has never been allowed to wear it. In fact, the Camilla factor is the only thing IMHO that is holding Catherine back in the jewelry department (I don't think it has anything to do with Kate's "disliking" grand jewels).

Old 10-19-2015, 01:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I would be 100 % sure that Catherine would surprise us by wearing a significant tiara if it were not for a possible concern by the Queen not to demote Camilla. I mean, if Catherine had the Lovers Knot for example, Camilla would be publically humiliated as she has never been allowed to wear it. In fact, the Camilla factor is the only thing IMHO that is holding Catherine back in the jewelry department (I don't think it has anything to do with Kate's "disliking" grand jewels).
I don't think Camilla care about what jewels Catherine gets to wear. Camilla have The Queen Mother's jewels that she likes and pretty much stick with. The Queen has loaned Camilla some other jewels as well.

The Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara was not Diana's tiara. It was just a loan to Diana from The Queen. The Queen hasn't worn it since the 50's and no one else in the family seems to have worn it since Diana last wore in the early 90's. No one would have a problem with Catherine wearing it.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-19-2015, 01:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
A bit far fetched. The Queen gave access to Camilla to some significant jewels (Delhi Durbar for instance) and the lover knots was out of the question for obvious reasons : it's an iconic piece attached to the memory of the late Princess of Wales. It's not a question of alowing or not Camilla to wear this tiara, it's more that the duchess of Cornwall is not foolish enough to be seen with a signature piece of Diana. Have you any sources explaining that Camilla wanted to wear this tiara and was forbidden to do so ? It doesn't make any sense.
As for Kate, the Lover knot would bring any more tiresome comparision with her late mother in law. Only for that, i hope to see the Lotus tiara again.
Old 10-19-2015, 02:12 PM
Serene Highness

Certainly HMQ would look askance at any remotely controversial action by 'the Palace', on so 'delicate' a visit.. given the amount of importance attached to it, by the Foreign Office. So the 'Lovers Knot' will remain in the vault for at least, the coming week !
Old 10-19-2015, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
I don't think Camilla would be humilated if Kate wore the Lover's Knot. That tiara is so closely tied to Diana, so I doubt Camilla is even interested in wearing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
On another note: I hope that there will be a photographer outside the palace for this year's diplomatic reception. It's usually early in December, isn't it?
It's held in November or December.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Given that the Chinese regard Red as a symbol of good luck, I think we shall see Rubies feature quite heavily amongst the jewels worn at the State banquet.. HMQ has plenty,...
If rubies are prominent for the BRF during the Chinese State Visit, then possibly the Queen will wear ruby pendants inside the Vladmir Tiara or maybe in the Cambridge Lovers' Knot Tiara. (Nothing like putting all the nonsense to rest.)

The ruby and diamond floral bandeau necklace will look great on Camilla.
Anything from Maggie's (Margaret Greville) collection, will be suitable for Camilla. Maggie must be smiling each time she looks down to see Camilla wearing one of her jewels.

If there are extra rubies in the Queen's vault Camilla can wear them in the her tiara. (The Queen can loan Camilla the Vladmir while she wears the Cambridge.)

Anne and Sophie can wear rubies in their hair.

Personally, I do not see Catherine attending the State Banquet for the Chinese President.

In the off chance she does attend, it might be the debut of The Royal Family Order of Queen Elizabeth II. IMO, I do not think the Order will make its debut with a new tiara.

If Catherine attends, she will probably wear the Halo Scroll Tiara.

Or the Chinese State Banquet could be low key jewelry affair and a disappointment to tiara watchers.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
One must remember, it's Catherine place to wear the family heirlooms and I think the Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara would be very fitting for her to wear. If not State Banquets, then she could wear it to attend the State Opening of Parliament in the future. It's a shame that such a beautiful jewel has been left to gather dust over the years. It was meant to be worn, so wear it.
I agree. I don't think she'll wear it tomorrow, but I do hope we'll see it on her in the future.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:59 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by G÷mdNatt View Post
I agree. I don't think she'll wear it tomorrow, but I do hope we'll see it on her in the future.
I agree, it's not the time. It will take focus away from what is important.
Old 10-19-2015, 04:56 PM
Courtier

I doubt we'll see the Cambridge Lovers knot - Diana didn't like it as it was too heavy/uncomfortable to wear and Catherine has very little tiara wearing experience - so I don't see Catherine wrestling with such a big tiara for a lengthy state banquet. The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Cambridge Lover's Knot
I expect we'll see Catherine in the Halo scroll tiara The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Halo Scroll Tiara which is not a favorite of mine, I'd prefer the Lotus as the design is a bit more interesting to me, but I'd really like to see Catherine in one of the larger tiaras.
Old 10-20-2015, 11:36 AM
Aristocracy

It would be hilarious if Kate is after all not attending the whole state banquet at all.. Like half of the British media is speculating for weeks about tiaras and gowns and stuff (us included) and we even don't know for sure she'll be there!

I hope she is of course, I would love love love to see her in a tiara again! It would be so lovely! Fingers crossed for tonight guys!

(My wish is to see her with the Lover's Knot but since that's not really realistic, I'll go for the Papyrus)

EDIT: After all, they seem to be attending!!! YES! :)
Old 10-20-2015, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

And the winner is: The papyrus tiara/lotus flower tiara!

I admit to be surprised, as I firmly expected to see the halo scroll. But Catherine looks great and I'm very happy to see the papyrus tiara again.

Old 10-20-2015, 04:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

So excited she's in the lotus! I hope that means it's a long term loan

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 10-20-2015, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
So excited she's in the lotus! I hope that means it's a long term loan

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
I think it does! The British royals don't usually do much tiara switching. I hope that Catherine will be able to switch between the lotus and the halo for the next few years. It's so boring to see Camilla with the same tiara over and over again, they should really alternate two or three tiaras, like Sophie does. There is enough in the vaults.

Now I'm curious what HM wears! If it will be the oriental circlet, I'll be in raptures!

Old 10-21-2015, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator

The discussion about the Duchess of Cambridge and the lover's knot tiara has been turned rather general and longer referred to the upcoming State Banquet. For that reason it has been moved to the following thread:
Duchess of Cambridge: Future Tiaras and Jewellery

Old 10-22-2015, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator

After the excitement of the Duchess of Cambridge's first State Banquet, we can now cool down with the annual routine of the gala dinner for the stortinget/parliament in Norway. It's tonight and the Queen, CP Mette-Marit and Princess Astrid are expected. I don't expect any big surprise, the NRF will probably dust of their old work horses. My guesses are:
Queen Sonja: Queen Josephine's diamond tiara
CP Mette-Marit: the diamond daisy bandeau
Princess Astrid: the Vasa tiara

Old 10-22-2015, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
After the excitement of the Duchess of Cambridge's first State Banquet, we can now cool down with the annual routine of the gala dinner for the stortinget/parliament in Norway. It's tonight and the Queen, CP Mette-Marit and Princess Astrid are expected. I don't expect any big surprise, the NRF will probably dust of their old work horses. My guesses are:
Queen Sonja: Queen Josephine's diamond tiara
CP Mette-Marit: the diamond daisy bandeau
Princess Astrid: the Vasa tiara
For the Stortinget Gala tonight i think
Queen Sonja: either Queen maud's pearl tiara in the full setting or the dimaond tiara
Mette-marit: I also thuiknk the daisy bandeau
Princess Astrid. the Vasa diamond tiara or her golden bandeau

The danish Royal Couple is on a State Visit to Indonesa at the moment and today wevening tehre will be a State BVanquet. But no Idea which dress code they have for State Banquets so not sure if we will see a tiara but i guess of Q. Margrethe wears one it will her turquiose daisy bandeau.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator

Iirc, the Indonesian State Banquets have the dresscode suits/short dresses. But Queen Margrethe could wear some smaller jewels in her hair. She has two haircombs with diamonds which she often wears. She could also wear a a brooch in her hair.

Should I be wrong about the dress code, then I agree that she will wear her smallest tiara, the turquoise bandeau.

Old 10-22-2015, 11:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Another tiaras tonight? Wonderful. Because I do not know very well yet the tiaras of the Norwegian royal family and i don't want to say something foolishness prefer to guess only Μette-Marit and i think me too she wore her Daisy bandeau tiara.
Old 10-23-2015, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
For the Stortinget Gala tonight i think
Queen Sonja: either Queen maud's pearl tiara in the full setting or the dimaond tiara
Mette-marit: I also thuiknk the daisy bandeau
Princess Astrid. the Vasa diamond tiara or her golden bandeau

The danish Royal Couple is on a State Visit to Indonesa at the moment and today wevening tehre will be a State BVanquet. But no Idea which dress code they have for State Banquets so not sure if we will see a tiara but i guess of Q. Margrethe wears one it will her turquiose daisy bandeau.
You were right about the turquoise bandeau! View image: 151023 margrethe turquoise
(And I was wrong with my pessimistic prognosis that no tiara would be seen. I sometimes love to be proved wrong. )

Also correct:
Queen Sonja with the full version of the pearl tiara and Mette Marit with the diamond daisy bandeau.
Unfortunately Princess Astrid wore the ruby antennas, ehm, aigrette.

Old 10-29-2015, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

Next upcoming tiara event: State Banquet for the State Visit of the Tunisian President to Sweden on November 4.

It's not yet announced who will attend, but I don't think that Madeleine will be there. So it will probably the Queen, Victoria, Sofia and Christina. So here is my guess:
Silvia: Connaught tiara
Victoria: Baden fringe
Sofia: her own
Christina: six buttons

What are your thoughts?

Closed Thread

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara