The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Queen Beatrix wore a diadem when visiting China. (picture)

But how many yeyars ago was this? 20 or 30 years probably. I guess that if the Banquet is suits and short gowns nthat there will be no tiara. Perhaps if we are lucky a broosh in her hair

Old 10-07-2015, 04:54 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
At the swedish State Visit to France the dresscode was suits for the men and short gowns for the woman not black tie. And it are not Carl Gustaf and Silvia who decide which dresscode but the host which is in this case the President of Lithuania. But still disapponting that Silvia wore not tiara as she has aklso worn one at black tie Events.

Yes, you're right. I just checked the pictures of the French state visit and I was indeed mistaken.

I think Queen Silvia looks very nice though in the Lithuanian dinner.

Old 10-07-2015, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Queen Beatrix wore a diadem when visiting China. (picture)
Máxima wore a diadem when receiving China. (picture)
I think she will wear a diadem or one of those wonderful antique haircombs which come handy. (picture)

Of course Maxima wore a tiara when receiving China! It's always the host who sets the dress code, the dress code for NL state banquets is always white tie, so the Dutch Queen always wears a tiara at home.

Queen Beatrix's visit was many years ago, things have changed till then. If the host sets suit and short dresses as dresscode, even Queen Maxima can't don a tiara, though it's not unlikely that she adds a brooch to her hair.

Old 10-07-2015, 05:10 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Of course Maxima wore a tiara when receiving China! It's always the host who sets the dress code, the dress code for NL state banquets is always white tie, so the Dutch Queen always wears a tiara at home.

Queen Beatrix's visit was many years ago, things have changed till then. If the host sets suit and short dresses as dresscode, even Queen Maxima can't don a tiara, though it's not unlikely that she adds a brooch to her hair.
Our very own magpie Queen will never let us down
I mean, Máx wouldn't be Máx anymore if she won't wear any bling!
Old 10-07-2015, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
At the swedish State Visit to France the dresscode was suits for the men and short gowns for the woman not black tie. And it are not Carl Gustaf and Silvia who decide which dresscode but the host which is in this case the President of Lithuania. But still disapponting that Silvia wore not tiara as she has aklso worn one at black tie Events.
Yes, it is disappointing that Queen Silvia didn't wear a tiara. I think that until know she has always worn tiaras at black tie state banquets. So we may be looking at another step in abolishing tiara events. They get more and more scarce , with only WA and Maxima stemming against the tide .

Old 10-07-2015, 05:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Yes, it is disappointing that Queen Silvia didn't wear a tiara. I think that until know she has always worn tiaras at black tie state banquets. So we may be looking at another step in abolishing tiara events. They get more and more scarce , with only WA and Maxima stemming against the tide .
I think it was expected to not see a tiara on Queen Silvia tonight, even if I would have liked it. I rather think that she occasionally wears tiara for black tie events (i.e. state banquets abroad). For example she opted for no tiara in both Poland and Latvia in recent years, for black tie state banquets.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I think we have been jinked this week,but it was fun guessing
Old 10-07-2015, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I think we have been jinked this week,but it was fun guessing
Yes, at least the guessing was fun. But it's already October, the dry season should be over by now. I'm getting a bit restless .

Old 10-11-2015, 05:22 PM
Nobility

I know that there still is some time until New Years, but I can't help it. What grand tiara events could we look forward to during 2016. I know that there are rumors about some royal-royal state visits as well.

What I hope (and kind off expect):
- King Harald V 25th Jubilee as King of Norway17th January
- King Carl XVI Gustaf's 70th Birthday 30th April
Old 10-12-2015, 06:54 AM
Nobility

I know it's the Daily Mail but they are joining in with tiara guessing.

Will Kate Middleton borrow a tiara from the Queen for first ever state banquet? | Daily Mail Online
Old 10-12-2015, 07:02 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'm willing to bet my last life saver that should Kate attend the Chinese state banquet, she will most likely wear the Halo tiara she wore at her wedding and her dress will be simple yet elegant. She's definitely a less is more kind of person.

I think she'll pretty much stick to that one tiara even through years of being Duchess of Cornwall and Cambridge with it being the one tiara that she passes down to her daughter when the time comes.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-12-2015, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
I know that there still is some time until New Years, but I can't help it. What grand tiara events could we look forward to during 2016. I know that there are rumors about some royal-royal state visits as well.

What I hope (and kind off expect):
- King Harald V 25th Jubilee as King of Norway17th January
- King Carl XVI Gustaf's 70th Birthday 30th April
I can't think of other big tiara events next year and hope that they really will be tiara events. It wouldn't surprise me, if King Harald decided against tiaras for his jubilee. We will have to wait and see. But the birthday of King Carl Gustav should have tiaras like his previous milestone birthdays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TortillaChips View Post
I know it's the Daily Mail but they are joining in with tiara guessing.

Will Kate Middleton borrow a tiara from the Queen for first ever state banquet? | Daily Mail Online
What a joke this article is! But it shows that the journalists keep an eye on internet forums and realise that there is a big interest in tiaras. So they write about it. But they don't go for correct information, they just want a showy article.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I'm willing to bet my last life saver that should Kate attend the Chinese state banquet, she will most likely wear the Halo tiara she wore at her wedding and her dress will be simple yet elegant. She's definitely a less is more kind of person.

I think she'll pretty much stick to that one tiara even through years of being Duchess of Cornwall and Cambridge with it being the one tiara that she passes down to her daughter when the time comes.
I completely agree with you, and I'm absolutely convinced that the Duchess wore the papyrus tiara only because the halo scroll was not available. Had the scroll tiara not been lent to the Cartier exposition, she would have worn it to the diplomatic reception.

Old 10-12-2015, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I can't think of other big tiara events next year and hope that they really will be tiara events. It wouldn't surprise me, if King Harald decided against tiaras for his jubilee. We will have to wait and see. But the birthday of King Carl Gustav should have tiaras like his previous milestone birthdays.

I think we will have to wait for a Programm for King Harald's Jubilee. So far nothing has been announced yet. But usually the big celebrations in Norway like Wedding anniversaries, round birthdays etc. have included at last 1 tiara Event.
Old 10-12-2015, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I think we will have to wait for a Programm for King Harald's Jubilee. So far nothing has been announced yet. But usually the big celebrations in Norway like Wedding anniversaries, round birthdays etc. have included at last 1 tiara Event.
In 2013 I had hoped for a tiara gala for King Carl Gustav's 40th jubilee. There was none, although the Swedish too usully have big tiara events for weddings and round birthdays.

Old 10-12-2015, 02:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

There is a state visit from Tunisia to Sweden on 4-6th November.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:21 PM
Aristocracy

And the Nobel Prices are coming up in less than two months! Hopefully four tiaras on Swedish side, would be awesome! 8 tiaras in 2 days!
Old 10-12-2015, 02:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaNL View Post
And the Nobel Prices are coming up in less than two months! Hopefully four tiaras on Swedish side, would be awesome! 8 tiaras in 2 days!
Yeah, it will be very nice :) They usually wear 2 different tiaras. I wonder if Sophia will her her own both days or borrow one on one of the occasions :)
Old 10-12-2015, 02:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
What a joke this article is! But it shows that the journalists keep an eye on internet forums and realise that there is a big interest in tiaras. So they write about it. But they don't go for correct information, they just want a showy article.

Very true! The DM actually says the Spencer tiara belongs to William; of course it is the property of Earl Spencer.
There's no way Kate could wear that.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Yeah, it will be very nice :) They usually wear 2 different tiaras. I wonder if Sophia will her her own both days or borrow one on one of the occasions :)
Well, last year the Queen was the only one who wore two different tiaras. All three princesses (Victoria, Madeleine & Christina) wore the same on both days . Of course I'd like to see 8 different tiaras, but I fear that at least Madeleine, Sofia and Christina will repeat their standard tiaras. And I hope that at least the Crown Princess will wear two.

Old 10-12-2015, 02:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Well, last year the Queen was the only one who wore two different tiaras. All three princesses (Victoria, Madeleine & Christina) wore the same on both days . Of course I'd like to see 8 different tiaras, but I fear that at least Madeleine, Sofia and Christina will repeat their standard tiaras. And I hope that at least the Crown Princess will wear two.
Aaah, that's true... :) Either well, it's tiaras :)

Closed Thread

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara