The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 04:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I am sure the requisite photos are posed for and taken, just not released for public consumption .
I'm not sure pictures are taken, other than the ones with The Queen & Prince Philip and the Head of State/spouse. We do know that there's a reception after the State Banquet, but we never get any pictures of it. I don't know what they're so afraid of in taking pictures. We see video coverage of other receptions and palace events, but the Royal Diplomatic Corps Reception and State Banquets are like secretly hidden events for some odd reason.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-18-2015, 04:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
[....] Years ago the senior royals, along with The Queen & Prince Philip and Head of State, used to pose as a group for official pictures at the State Banquet. I don't know why they changed that. [....]
Years ago? Make it decades ago...

Group Portrait 1972
HRH The Duke of Gloucester
HRH Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester
Unrecognizeable gentleman
HM Queen Elizabeth, the Queen-Mother
HRH Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands
HM Queen Elizabeth II
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh
HM Queen Juliana
The Earl of Snowdon
HRH The Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon
HRH The Duke of Kent
Sir Angus Ogilvy

Group Portrait 1982
HM Queen Beatrix
HM Queen Elizabeth II
HRH Prince Claus of the Netherlands

(look at the enormous group of bejewelled royals stucked in the antichambre)

Old 08-18-2015, 04:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post

Group Portrait 1972
HM Queen Elizabeth II
HM Queen Juliana
The Earl of Snowdon
HRH The Duke of Kent
Sir Angus Ogilvy

Group Portrait 1982
HM Queen Beatrix
HM Queen Elizabeth II

Yeah, I don't see the problem with them doing group photos like this. It's such a beautiful and regal thing to do. Also, these people don't dress up in the regal attire to not be seen at an important State event like this.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-18-2015, 04:53 PM
Serene Highness

This state visit is a very important and delicate PR opportunity - for both countries.
I will be shocked if pictures are not released. And it wouldn't surprise me if HM loans a bauble or 2 to Catherine for a maximum impact. The reality is if W&K are in the pictures released, they will be picked up around the world - showing a very cooperative UK/China alliance - the goal for both countries.

I am expecting a tiara (prob not Halo - but don't really care), the royal order and a great necklace -either an as yet unseen wedding gift or something from the vaults. time for Catherine to get her 'Duchess' on.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I'm not sure pictures are taken, other than the ones with The Queen & Prince Philip and the Head of State/spouse. We do know that there's a reception after the State Banquet, but we never get any pictures of it. I don't know what they're so afraid of in taking pictures. We see video coverage of other receptions and palace events, but the Royal Diplomatic Corps Reception and State Banquets are like secretly hidden events for some odd reason.
The same happened in the Netherlands as well but suddenly, with the new King, the rules became somewhat more relaxed and we got pictures from surprising angles. So maybe King Charles will be more relaxed too.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:59 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
This state visit is a very important and delicate PR opportunity - for both countries.
I will be shocked if pictures are not released. And it wouldn't surprise me if HM loans a bauble or 2 to Catherine for a maximum impact. The reality is if W&K are in the pictures released, they will be picked up around the world - showing a very cooperative UK/China alliance - the goal for both countries.

I am expecting a tiara (prob not Halo - but don't really care), the royal order and a great necklace -either an as yet unseen wedding gift or something from the vaults. time for Catherine to get her 'Duchess' on.
One thing I do predict that Kate will wear is the diamond bracelet she received from her father-in-law. That thing is gorgeous!
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-18-2015, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Might we see Catherine wear the full emerald (demi?) parure for the Chinese state banquet? We saw the earrings in NY last year.
That would be stunning to see, but I don't think so. Unfortunately she seems to dislike wearing grand jewels. It would surprise me if she wore a necklace with a tiara. (But it would be a pleasant surpricse)
Quote:
I am sure the requisite photos are posed for and taken, just not released for public consumption .
If they do, they keep them really privat. But I'd love a sneek peek into their privat picture albums. What stunning things we might get to see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
One thing I do predict that Kate will wear is the diamond bracelet she received from her father-in-law. That thing is gorgeous!
Mmh, yes, that bracelet is just lovely! It would be great to see it again.
I'd also like to see the ruby necklace again which Catherine had received at her wedding (forget by whom it was given?). But since I just predicted that she won't wear a necklace with a tiara, it seems unlikely that the ruby necklace will be seen.

Old 08-18-2015, 06:46 PM
Courtier

The economic situation in England at the moment may make a huge display of wealth ie jewellery seem inappropriate. Remember the Royal Family are very conscious of public opinion.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:54 PM
Serene Highness

I think Rubies will make a strong appearance at this event - with the color RED. Would love to see HM in the Oriental Circlet. But I think the Duchess needs to borrow
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: Ruby and Diamond Floral Bandeau Necklace

it needs a long young neck and has been in the vaults for toooo long.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybees View Post
The economic situation in England at the moment may make a huge display of wealth ie jewellery seem inappropriate. Remember the Royal Family are very conscious of public opinion.
Heu... I thought the UK economy has found the way up? In full crisis the Queen did not change, so why now, in 2015?
Old 08-18-2015, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I think Rubies will make a strong appearance at this event - with the color RED. Would love to see HM in the Oriental Circlet. But I think the Duchess needs to borrow

I think that would be a perfect choice for Catherine as she seems to like delicate, floral things - I've never seen it before and it would be fantastic if some of these rarely sen items could be worn again.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post

Group Portrait 1972
HM Queen Elizabeth II
HM Queen Juliana
The Earl of Snowdon
HRH The Duke of Kent
Sir Angus Ogilvy

Group Portrait 1982
HM Queen Beatrix
HM Queen Elizabeth II

The two unknowns in the 1972 picture are Prince William of Gloucester and Prince Michael of Kent, Michael had no beard in those days.
Old 08-20-2015, 04:57 PM
Majesty

Quote:

I agree, the Greville ruby necklace would be a good choice.
Old 08-21-2015, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

It seems that there will be a Belgian State Visit to Poland on October 13-15, 2015. Poland has black tie state banquets. Last year Maxima wore the ruby peacock tiara in Poland, so it is likely that Mathilde will also wear a tiara.

I think that she will wear the bandeau of the nine provinces tiara. But it could also be the laurel tiara once again.

Old 08-21-2015, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
It seems that there will be a Belgian State Visit to Poland on October 13-15, 2015. Poland has black tie state banquets. Last year Maxima wore the ruby peacock tiara in Poland, so it is likely that Mathilde will also wear a tiara.

I think that she will wear the bandeau of the nine provinces tiara. But it could also be the laurel tiara once again.
Hopefully she will war a tiara in Poland but if she follows the example of Queen Paoola she will not wear one.
Old 08-21-2015, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Hopefully she will war a tiara in Poland but if she follows the example of Queen Paoola she will not wear one.
I hope the same. Maybe her good friend Maxima can persuade her? But then Queen Maxima is one of her kind.

Old 08-22-2015, 02:40 AM
Heir Apparent

I think sure Mathilde wore tiara in Poland. And she wore the bandeau of the nine provinces tiara . But i want see again her own tiara i miss this tiara.
Old 08-22-2015, 04:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen Máxima of the Netherlands, last year in Poland: see picture. I can not imagine that Queen Mathilde will do "less".

Second consideration: the Queen's mother, Anna Countess d'Udekem d'Acoz née Countess Komorowska is born in Poland and is the daughter of a Polish father: Leon Michał Count Komorowski (1907-1992) and of a Polish mother: Princess Zofia Maria Sapieha-Kodenska (1919-1997).

So there is a strong link with Poland. Maybe there will also be a lot of representants from the Polish aristocracy during the various events. I think Queen Mathilde will show herself with the status and dignity attached to her position.
Old 10-03-2015, 01:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Does anyone know if the visit Turkey in Belgium tomorrow and the coming days we will have event with tiaras;
Old 10-03-2015, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

Oh, that visit completely escaped my notice! According to the Belgian court website it is a state visit. I didn't find a detailed agenda of the visit, but as it's a state visit there should be a banquet with tiara.

My guess is that the Queen will wear the bandeau of the 9-provinces tiara. It would be great if she decided to wear a nice necklace, or maybe the beautiful brooch she received from Queen Fabiola.

Closed Thread

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara