The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1781  
Old 08-18-2015, 04:31 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 11,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I am sure the requisite photos are posed for and taken, just not released for public consumption .
I'm not sure pictures are taken, other than the ones with The Queen & Prince Philip and the Head of State/spouse. We do know that there's a reception after the State Banquet, but we never get any pictures of it. I don't know what they're so afraid of in taking pictures. We see video coverage of other receptions and palace events, but the Royal Diplomatic Corps Reception and State Banquets are like secretly hidden events for some odd reason.
__________________

__________________
"THE REAL POWER OF A MAN IS IN THE SIZE OF THE SMILE OF THE WOMAN SITTING NEXT TO HIM."

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
  #1782  
Old 08-18-2015, 04:37 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Christmas Island
Posts: 5,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
[....] Years ago the senior royals, along with The Queen & Prince Philip and Head of State, used to pose as a group for official pictures at the State Banquet. I don't know why they changed that. [....]
Years ago? Make it decades ago...

Group Portrait 1972
HRH The Duke of Gloucester
HRH Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester
Unrecognizeable gentleman
HM Queen Elizabeth, the Queen-Mother
HRH Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands
HM Queen Elizabeth II
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh
HM Queen Juliana
The Earl of Snowdon
Unrecognizeable gentleman
HRH The Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon
HRH The Duke of Kent
Sir Angus Ogilvy

Group Portrait 1982
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh
HM Queen Beatrix
HM Queen Elizabeth II
HRH Prince Claus of the Netherlands

(look at the enormous group of bejewelled royals stucked in the antichambre)
__________________

  #1783  
Old 08-18-2015, 04:43 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 11,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Years ago? Make it decades ago...

Group Portrait 1972
HRH The Duke of Gloucester
HRH Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester
Unrecognizeable gentleman
HM Queen Elizabeth, the Queen-Mother
HRH Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands
HM Queen Elizabeth II
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh
HM Queen Juliana
The Earl of Snowdon
Unrecognizeable gentleman
HRH The Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon
HRH The Duke of Kent
Sir Angus Ogilvy

Group Portrait 1982
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh
HM Queen Beatrix
HM Queen Elizabeth II
HRH Prince Claus of the Netherlands

(look at the enormous group of bejewelled royals stucked in the antichambre)
Yeah, I don't see the problem with them doing group photos like this. It's such a beautiful and regal thing to do. Also, these people don't dress up in the regal attire to not be seen at an important State event like this.
__________________
"THE REAL POWER OF A MAN IS IN THE SIZE OF THE SMILE OF THE WOMAN SITTING NEXT TO HIM."

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
  #1784  
Old 08-18-2015, 04:53 PM
MichelleQ2's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 1,038
This state visit is a very important and delicate PR opportunity - for both countries.
I will be shocked if pictures are not released. And it wouldn't surprise me if HM loans a bauble or 2 to Catherine for a maximum impact. The reality is if W&K are in the pictures released, they will be picked up around the world - showing a very cooperative UK/China alliance - the goal for both countries.

I am expecting a tiara (prob not Halo - but don't really care), the royal order and a great necklace -either an as yet unseen wedding gift or something from the vaults. time for Catherine to get her 'Duchess' on.
  #1785  
Old 08-18-2015, 04:58 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Christmas Island
Posts: 5,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I'm not sure pictures are taken, other than the ones with The Queen & Prince Philip and the Head of State/spouse. We do know that there's a reception after the State Banquet, but we never get any pictures of it. I don't know what they're so afraid of in taking pictures. We see video coverage of other receptions and palace events, but the Royal Diplomatic Corps Reception and State Banquets are like secretly hidden events for some odd reason.
The same happened in the Netherlands as well but suddenly, with the new King, the rules became somewhat more relaxed and we got pictures from surprising angles. So maybe King Charles will be more relaxed too.
  #1786  
Old 08-18-2015, 04:59 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 6,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
This state visit is a very important and delicate PR opportunity - for both countries.
I will be shocked if pictures are not released. And it wouldn't surprise me if HM loans a bauble or 2 to Catherine for a maximum impact. The reality is if W&K are in the pictures released, they will be picked up around the world - showing a very cooperative UK/China alliance - the goal for both countries.

I am expecting a tiara (prob not Halo - but don't really care), the royal order and a great necklace -either an as yet unseen wedding gift or something from the vaults. time for Catherine to get her 'Duchess' on.
One thing I do predict that Kate will wear is the diamond bracelet she received from her father-in-law. That thing is gorgeous!
__________________
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
  #1787  
Old 08-18-2015, 05:38 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Might we see Catherine wear the full emerald (demi?) parure for the Chinese state banquet? We saw the earrings in NY last year.
That would be stunning to see, but I don't think so. Unfortunately she seems to dislike wearing grand jewels. It would surprise me if she wore a necklace with a tiara. (But it would be a pleasant surpricse)
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I am sure the requisite photos are posed for and taken, just not released for public consumption .
If they do, they keep them really privat. But I'd love a sneek peek into their privat picture albums. What stunning things we might get to see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
One thing I do predict that Kate will wear is the diamond bracelet she received from her father-in-law. That thing is gorgeous!
Mmh, yes, that bracelet is just lovely! It would be great to see it again.
I'd also like to see the ruby necklace again which Catherine had received at her wedding (forget by whom it was given?). But since I just predicted that she won't wear a necklace with a tiara, it seems unlikely that the ruby necklace will be seen.
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


  #1788  
Old 08-18-2015, 06:46 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 645
The economic situation in England at the moment may make a huge display of wealth ie jewellery seem inappropriate. Remember the Royal Family are very conscious of public opinion.
  #1789  
Old 08-18-2015, 06:54 PM
MichelleQ2's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 1,038
I think Rubies will make a strong appearance at this event - with the color RED. Would love to see HM in the Oriental Circlet. But I think the Duchess needs to borrow
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: Ruby and Diamond Floral Bandeau Necklace

it needs a long young neck and has been in the vaults for toooo long.
  #1790  
Old 08-18-2015, 06:59 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Christmas Island
Posts: 5,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybees View Post
The economic situation in England at the moment may make a huge display of wealth ie jewellery seem inappropriate. Remember the Royal Family are very conscious of public opinion.
Heu... I thought the UK economy has found the way up? In full crisis the Queen did not change, so why now, in 2015?
  #1791  
Old 08-18-2015, 07:01 PM
Jacknch's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk/Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 4,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
I think Rubies will make a strong appearance at this event - with the color RED. Would love to see HM in the Oriental Circlet. But I think the Duchess needs to borrow
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: Ruby and Diamond Floral Bandeau Necklace

it needs a long young neck and has been in the vaults for toooo long.
I think that would be a perfect choice for Catherine as she seems to like delicate, floral things - I've never seen it before and it would be fantastic if some of these rarely sen items could be worn again.
__________________
JACK
  #1792  
Old 08-18-2015, 07:10 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Years ago? Make it decades ago...

Group Portrait 1972
HRH The Duke of Gloucester
HRH Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester
Unrecognizeable gentleman
HM Queen Elizabeth, the Queen-Mother
HRH Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands
HM Queen Elizabeth II
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh
HM Queen Juliana
The Earl of Snowdon
Unrecognizeable gentleman
HRH The Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon
HRH The Duke of Kent
Sir Angus Ogilvy

Group Portrait 1982
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh
HM Queen Beatrix
HM Queen Elizabeth II
HRH Prince Claus of the Netherlands

(look at the enormous group of bejewelled royals stucked in the antichambre)
The two unknowns in the 1972 picture are Prince William of Gloucester and Prince Michael of Kent, Michael had no beard in those days.
  #1793  
Old 08-20-2015, 04:57 PM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
I think Rubies will make a strong appearance at this event - with the color RED. Would love to see HM in the Oriental Circlet. But I think the Duchess needs to borrow
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: Ruby and Diamond Floral Bandeau Necklace

it needs a long young neck and has been in the vaults for toooo long.
I agree, the Greville ruby necklace would be a good choice.
  #1794  
Old 08-21-2015, 04:47 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,421
It seems that there will be a Belgian State Visit to Poland on October 13-15, 2015. Poland has black tie state banquets. Last year Maxima wore the ruby peacock tiara in Poland, so it is likely that Mathilde will also wear a tiara.

I think that she will wear the bandeau of the nine provinces tiara. But it could also be the laurel tiara once again.
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


  #1795  
Old 08-21-2015, 05:22 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
It seems that there will be a Belgian State Visit to Poland on October 13-15, 2015. Poland has black tie state banquets. Last year Maxima wore the ruby peacock tiara in Poland, so it is likely that Mathilde will also wear a tiara.

I think that she will wear the bandeau of the nine provinces tiara. But it could also be the laurel tiara once again.
Hopefully she will war a tiara in Poland but if she follows the example of Queen Paoola she will not wear one.
  #1796  
Old 08-21-2015, 05:40 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Hopefully she will war a tiara in Poland but if she follows the example of Queen Paoola she will not wear one.
I hope the same. Maybe her good friend Maxima can persuade her? But then Queen Maxima is one of her kind.
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


  #1797  
Old 08-22-2015, 02:40 AM
eya eya is online now
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 5,469
I think sure Mathilde wore tiara in Poland. And she wore the bandeau of the nine provinces tiara . But i want see again her own tiara i miss this tiara.
  #1798  
Old 08-22-2015, 04:04 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Christmas Island
Posts: 5,925
Queen Máxima of the Netherlands, last year in Poland: see picture. I can not imagine that Queen Mathilde will do "less".

Second consideration: the Queen's mother, Anna Countess d'Udekem d'Acoz née Countess Komorowska is born in Poland and is the daughter of a Polish father: Leon Michał Count Komorowski (1907-1992) and of a Polish mother: Princess Zofia Maria Sapieha-Kodenska (1919-1997).

So there is a strong link with Poland. Maybe there will also be a lot of representants from the Polish aristocracy during the various events. I think Queen Mathilde will show herself with the status and dignity attached to her position.
  #1799  
Old 10-03-2015, 01:46 PM
eya eya is online now
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 5,469
Does anyone know if the visit Turkey in Belgium tomorrow and the coming days we will have event with tiaras;
  #1800  
Old 10-03-2015, 02:48 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,421
Oh, that visit completely escaped my notice! According to the Belgian court website it is a state visit. I didn't find a detailed agenda of the visit, but as it's a state visit there should be a banquet with tiara.

My guess is that the Queen will wear the bandeau of the 9-provinces tiara. It would be great if she decided to wear a nice necklace, or maybe the beautiful brooch she received from Queen Fabiola.
__________________

__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


Closed Thread

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 2: 2016 Tilia C. Royal Jewels General Discussion 493 Today 04:51 AM
Tiara's and jewels Queen Maxima might use IloveCP Royal Jewels General Discussion 41 03-29-2013 06:29 PM
Upcoming Royal Weddings: March 2008 - December 2010 HMTLove23 Royal Weddings General Discussion 72 01-02-2011 01:35 PM
Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events 1 : Dec.2002 - Oct.2003 Lorraine Current Events Archive 194 10-31-2003 03:31 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail farah diba fashion and style fashion poll grand duke jean greece infanta elena jewels kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week power prince bernhard prince charles princess charlotte of cambridge princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:17 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises