The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 07:11 AM
Courtier

I guess it's possible we see announcements on further state visits this autumn. As for the Swedish state visit to Lithuania I'm not sure about we will see a tiara on Queen Silvia, if we do it would be a small one.

I also expect that we will see one more of the traditional representations dinners this fall or winter. Last year one was held in December. For this one i expect Queen Silvia to wear one of her to go tiaras, the Nine Prong or the Connaught. Victoria with the Baden fringe or Large Cut steel Tiara. Sofia will probably use her wedding tiara.

I agree, the Nobels are far away, but it's hard to wait. I would be satisfied if the Royal Ladies would wear something they usually don't wear or have been wearing for some years.

1) First night, 2) Second night
Silvia - 1) Connaught Ruby Tiara or Cameo Tiara 2) Nine Prong or Connaught Tiara
Victoria - 1) Amethyst Tiara or Lilian's Tiara 2) Baden Fringe Tiara
Madeleine - 1) Connaught Tiara 2) Private Fringe Tiara or Diamond Bandeau
Sofia 1) Four Botton Tiara 2) Emerald Wedding Tiara
Christina - 1) Aquamarine Kokoshnik Tiara - 2) Large Cut Steel Tiara

Old 08-09-2015, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator

In 2013 they replaced one of the bejewelled Representaion Dinners with an unbejewelled Sweden Dinner. But last year they had a Sweden Dinner in addition to the two Representation Dinners. So I am not yet giving up hope, it RD might come later in November or December.

Old 08-09-2015, 08:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
In 2013 they replaced one of the bejewelled Representaion Dinners with an unbejewelled Sweden Dinner. But last year they had a Sweden Dinner in addition to the two Representation Dinners. So I am not yet giving up hope, it RD might come later in November or December.
Yes they did, but there is no fixed amount of representation dinners. So let's hope for som more glitter for us.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:02 AM
Heir Apparent

I think Kate will wear the Cartier tiara she wore for her wedding, since she seems to like understated jewels.

The Cambridge tiara would be appropriate and nice, but not very comfortable for her. (I know Diana complained it always gave her a blinding headache).
Old 08-17-2015, 11:11 AM
Courtier

I wasn't overly keen on the Cartier tiaria and it was loaned to her for the occasion. Perhaps we will see a different tiaria on DOC, although I can't see her getting any major tiaria's including The Cambridge one, just yet. She is not married to the immediate heir. Just my opinion.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:06 PM
Majesty

I'm hoping for the Cartier tiara, or something equally understated. Flashy bling never appealed to me.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybees View Post
I wasn't overly keen on the Cartier tiaria and it was loaned to her for the occasion. Perhaps we will see a different tiaria on DOC, although I can't see her getting any major tiaria's including The Cambridge one, just yet. She is not married to the immediate heir. Just my opinion.
True, she is not married to the immediate heir, however she IS the Duchess of CAMBRIDGE .... I would think that would be enough to qualify. I would hope that someone has figured out how to make it more comfortable to wear. Certainly it is not the weight as there are clearly "weighter" Tiaras being worn by both HM and the Duchess of Cornwall. I would think that the Cambridge Tiara would be the appropriate choice for Catherine for most of her senior royal life.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
True, she is not married to the immediate heir, however she IS the Duchess of CAMBRIDGE .... I would think that would be enough to qualify. I would hope that someone has figured out how to make it more comfortable to wear. Certainly it is not the weight as there are clearly "weighter" Tiaras being worn by both HM and the Duchess of Cornwall. I would think that the Cambridge Tiara would be the appropriate choice for Catherine for most of her senior royal life.
. It is not the size of the Cartier, its just the tiaria itself does nothing for me. Individual taste. Has anyone seen The Cambridge Tiaria with the emeralds replacing the pearls the late POW preferred?
Old 08-17-2015, 12:55 PM
Royal Highness

The lotus tiara is a good guess imo ...
Old 08-17-2015, 09:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
Actually, tha Cambridge Lovers knot that we like to call it have not actually belonged to the DUchess of Cambridge. She had a similar one that one of the queens (I can't remember who) based her tiara on. So technically that name is wrong and the tiara has nothing to do with Cambridge. But the name has stuck :P
Old 08-18-2015, 02:48 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybees View Post
I think the Cartier tiara would work with the right hairstyle. A beautiful updo with some hair behind the tiara. Like it was worn by Princess Margaret and Princess Anne.
Old 08-18-2015, 03:49 AM
Majesty

Oh I really agree, we didn't begin to see the beauty of the Halo Scroll tiara at her wedding. On the way in and up the aisle, it was covered by a fairly dense blusher and on the way out her hair had two layers of the heavy, dense white behind it. It's not surprising that people think it is insignificant or too small.

Now putting that same tiara against Catherines dark hair styled in a right royal updo can and should look amazing and her wedding earrings will look terrific with it.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:37 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Oh I really agree, we didn't begin to see the beauty of the Halo Scroll tiara at her wedding. On the way in and up the aisle, it was covered by a fairly dense blusher and on the way out her hair had two layers of the heavy, dense white behind it. It's not surprising that people think it is insignificant or too small.

Now putting that same tiara against Catherines dark hair styled in a right royal updo can and should look amazing and her wedding earrings will look terrific with it.
Exactly! I think it can look very pretty. (Although I was one of those who loved that the tiara on her weddingday was rather understated. It fit!)
Old 08-18-2015, 04:58 AM
Courtier

Tiaria's, as we seen with the new Princess Sophia, represent the status of the wearer within the family. Whilst DOC is a senior royal she is not married to the heir to the throne and hence the larger pieces are worn by Duchess of Cornwall. Diana was married to the heir to the throne and hence wore the so called Cambridge Tiaria and her own family tiaria. DOC does not have a family tiaria and appears to prefer smaller tiaria's. I always think that tiaria's look best against dark hair, that is just personal preference and am sure whichever she wears will look lovely. It would be great to see one that has not been seen for years.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator

1. But will the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge really attend the State Banquet? As far as I can see, that is only a rumour so far. Some journalist turned this into a story because the Cambridges always sell well. But there hasnít been anything official about it yet. So all the speculations still might end up in an enormous disappointment.

2. Will we see the DoCa, if she attends? The official photos always show the Queen, the DoE, and the visiting couple. At most of the visits we get a picture of the banqueting table, where we see Camilla with honeycomb tiara at the left side of the table, while the next lower ranking lady, usually Anne, is hidden behind a bit flower bouquet on the right side of the pictures. Sophie usually isnít seen at all, same as the Gloucesters and Kents. Unless the paps get a good shot of Kate in the car, we might not see her at all.

3. It still astonishes me that Queen Maryís loverís knot tiara is continually referred to as the Cambridge tiara. Augusta, Duchess of Cambridge had a similar tiara, which was inherited by some other descendants and is now lost. Queen Mary liked the tiara and had a similar tiara made for herself. So the actual Cambridge loverís knot tiara is lost, while the tiara that Diana wore is Queen Maryís lovers knot tiara. It is a completely different case as the Cambridge sapphire parure, which really originated from Augusta, Duchess of Cambridge, and was really was inherited by Queen Mary.

4. It seems that the Queen loans only one or two tiaras to each royal lady. So the Duchess of Cambridge probably only has the choice between the Cartier halo tiara and the papyrus tiara. Furthermore I believe that the papyrus tiara was only made available for her, because the Cartier tiara was loaned to a Cartier exhibition in Paris at the time she needed a tiara. So I think it might have been a one off, at least for the time being. So if Kate attends, and if we get to see pictures of her, I expect to see her with her wedding tiara. That seems most realistic to me.

5. If I could make a wish, I would ask for the Strathmore rose tiara. It hasnít been worn since Queen Mum was the Duchess of York, and I find it very beautiful. It really deserves to come out of the vault once again.

Old 08-18-2015, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
The lotus tiara is a good guess imo ...
I agree, I would be happy if we could see this tiara and even the same dress Catherine wore at the diplomatic reception in full view - IF, as Soapstar suggests, she and William even attend the state banquet.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:22 AM
Majesty

If Catherine attend I want to see her again with the wedding tiara. The first time was awful for this to be of a second chance.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

We most likely will get a view of William & Catherine arriving by car. Also, sometimes we do get a video look at the procession into the State Ballroom. Catherine is a senior royal, so hopefully, we will get a quick shot of her and William at the Banquet table.

Years ago the senior royals, along with The Queen & Prince Philip and Head of State, used to pose as a group for official pictures at the State Banquet. I don't know why they changed that. They should at least bring that back. They have watered down their events way too much, IMO.

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-18-2015, 03:21 PM
Majesty

Might we see Catherine wear the full emerald (demi?) parure for the Chinese state banquet? We saw the earrings in NY last year.
Old 08-18-2015, 03:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Years ago the senior royals, along with The Queen & Prince Philip and Head of State, used to pose as a group for official pictures at the State Banquet. I don't know why they changed that. They should at least bring that back. They have watered down their events way too much, IMO.
I am sure the requisite photos are posed for and taken, just not released for public consumption .

Closed Thread

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara