The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
This is so unfair. Mathilde have tiaras who is counting to the fingers to one hand and Maxima have tiaras she never wore them yet. It is not unfair but it is.
But on the other hand Mathilde has a tiara she personally owns. Máxima doesn't own one of the tiaras she has at her disposal.

Old 06-07-2015, 12:18 PM
Majesty

Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Queen Máxima does not have the Order of the Seraphim [...].
You are right, I had the recent ly received - same lightblue coloured - Danish Order (Elefantordenen) in my mind when I wrote it. I stand corrected.

Old 06-08-2015, 10:17 AM
Super Moderator

The discussion about the jewels foundations of various Royal Houses has been move to this new thread: Royal Jewels Foundations

Old 06-08-2015, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

There is still no news about the attendance of the Greek and Berleburg families. But I think that Queen Anne-Marie will wear the Khedive tiara. It somehow belongs to weddings, at least in my imagination. And it comes from Sweden. On the other hand she wore the rubies at Victoria's wedding.

Sadly Princess Benedikte will have to stay in Denmark as rigsvorstander. No Berleburg fringe tiara

Old 06-08-2015, 10:38 AM
Majesty

And we must see if Marie-Chantal wore again the Queen Sophie's diamond tiara. She steel all the looks.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:51 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
There is still no news about the attendance of the Greek and Berleburg families. But I think that Queen Anne-Marie will wear the Khedive tiara. It somehow belongs to weddings, at least in my imagination. And it comes from Sweden. On the other hand she wore the rubies at Victoria's wedding.

Sadly Princess Benedikte will have to stay in Denmark as rigsvorstander. No Berleburg fringe tiara
I agree, Anne-Marie may well wear the Khedieve tiara. It is a while since I thas been used, probably not since the Luxembourg wedding.
Old 06-08-2015, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I agree, Anne-Marie may well wear the Khedieve tiara. It is a while since I thas been used, probably not since the Luxembourg wedding.
You are right, that was the last occasion for the Khedive.

I hope that many of the younger Greek royals will be there as well. But it's not much use to speculate about their jewels before we know the guest list. MC and Alexia have their own tiaras, but Tatiana and Theodora share the antique corsage tiara. Admittedly that's difficult when they attend the same festivity. At Madeleine's wedding they did and Theodora borrowed Alexia's tiara. But what if all three of them attend? That's what I really want to see. And preferably MC as well!

Old 06-08-2015, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
You are right, that was the last occasion for the Khedive.

I hope that many of the younger Greek royals will be there as well. But it's not much use to speculate about their jewels before we know the guest list. MC and Alexia have their own tiaras, but Tatiana and Theodora share the antique corsage tiara. Admittedly that's difficult when they attend the same festivity. At Madeleine's wedding they did and Theodora borrowed Alexia's tiara. But what if all three of them attend? That's what I really want to see. And preferably MC as well!
There is still the circle tiara which was worn by Princess Irene in her younger years and once by Infanta Elena in 1993 but has not been since then.
Old 06-08-2015, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
There is still the circle tiara which was worn by Princess Irene in her younger years and once by Infanta Elena in 1993 but has not been since then.
If that one is still in the family, it hasn't been seen for more than twenty years. It would be absolutely great to see this one again. Not that it is very beautiful, but it should be worn!

Another possibility is that one of the ladies borrows the fringe tiara from MC. Or Theodora borrows the turquoise bandeau from Auntie Daisy (to us better known as HM Queen Margrethe II)

Another thought that came to me just now: Could it be that Princess Olympia attends her very first tiara event and wears the fringe tiara? It's always special to see an new generation of tiara wearers!

Old 06-08-2015, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
If that one is still in the family, it hasn't been seen for more than twenty years. It would be absolutely great to see this one again. Not that it is very beautiful, but it should be worn!

Another possibility is that one of the ladies borrows the fringe tiara from MC. Or Theodora borrows the turquoise bandeau from Auntie Daisy (to us better known as HM Queen Margrethe II)

Another thought that came to me just now: Could it be that Princess Olympia attends her very first tiara event and wears the fringe tiara? It's always special to see an new generation of tiara wearers!
My guess is that the circle tiara belongs to Princess Irene and as she never attends tiara Events it not worn.
It would be great if Maria Olympia would attend the swedish Wedding together with her parents.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:53 AM
Majesty

The norwegian ladies what tiaras they wore? MM maybe the wedding tiara?
Old 06-09-2015, 02:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
The norwegian ladies what tiaras they wore? MM maybe the wedding tiara?

Sonja will likely wear 1 of her 2 big tiaras, the Emerald tiara or The Bernadotte diamond tiara.

Not clue about the other 2 ladies. Would love to see Mette-Marit wear something she hasn't worn before. If the Estelle Bernadotte Tiara was bought by the Norwegian royal family and not the Swedish it would be fun to see her wear it.

I would love to see Märtha-Louise borrow the Vasa tiara of Princess Astrid for the wedding.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Sonja will likely wear 1 of her 2 big tiaras, the Emerald tiara or The Bernadotte diamond tiara.
I would love to see Märtha-Louise borrow the Vasa tiara of Princess Astrid for the wedding.
I think the Star Wars tara would suit Märtha Louise vvery well. Sonja i beleive either the Josephine diamond tiara or the big Version of Queen Maud's pearl tiara. Don't think she will wear the emeralds.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Years ago I have seen a photoshop of Märtha-Louise with the star wars tiara. Back then she still had this very short fringe hair style and it looked incredibly good with the tiara. I was so amazed that this tiara could look good at all, but it did.

On the other hand I can't imagine this tiara on Mette-Marit. Her fair colouring wouldn't go well with the yellow gold. But the pink tourmalines would be amazing with her blond hair.

So that would leave Queen Maud's diamond tiara for Queen Sonja and all the Norwegian ladies have a first-time-tiara. It's not realistic, but one can dream.

Which first time tiaras could we put on the Danish ladies? The birthday concert necklace tiara for CP Mary. But the Queen and Marie?

Old 06-09-2015, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Which first time tiaras could we put on the Danish ladies? The birthday concert necklace tiara for CP Mary. But the Queen and Marie?
That would be only possible if they would share tiaras. For example if Margrethe borrows the ruby parure from Mary and Mary borrows the baden palmette tiara from her. Marie could borrow the turqiose bandeau from the Queen. But no chance that this will happen.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

Anmother tiara Event copming up is Queen Elizabeth II.'s State Visit to Germany in 2 weeks. Any guesses. I think she will wear one of her diamond tiaras. In 2004 it was the Girls for the State Banquet in 1992 the russian kokoshnik and in 1979 and 1965 the Vladimir tiara with pearl. But at the first 2 State Visits there more then one white tie Event.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
That would be only possible if they would share tiaras. For example if Margrethe borrows the ruby parure from Mary and Mary borrows the baden palmette tiara from her. Marie could borrow the turqiose bandeau from the Queen. But no chance that this will happen.
You are right, no chance that it could happen. But there is also no chance that all the Norwegian ladies will wear a first time tiara at the wedding.

I believe that there is a very, very small possibility that Queen Margrethe has bought back the lava parure, which hasn't been seen for decades on a Rosenborg countess. Or we could dream up that she has bought the Russian sapphire tiara.

Besides, Queen Margrethes has loaned tiara to some of her nieces before. She could start loaning to her daughters-in-law as well.

Really, my imagination is running wild. It's time that the wedding day comes puts me back to reality : lol:.

Old 06-09-2015, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Anmother tiara Event copming up is Queen Elizabeth II.'s State Visit to Germany in 2 weeks. Any guesses. I think she will wear one of her diamond tiaras. In 2004 it was the Girls for the State Banquet in 1992 the russian kokoshnik and in 1979 and 1965 the Vladimir tiara with pearl. But at the first 2 State Visits there more then one white tie Event.
Would she wear the German order? I think the German State Banquets are black tie these days, so maybe she won't wear the red order ribbon. But if, rubies would also go well. My wish: that she wears the Indian circlet once again! But the girls tiara or kokoshnink are indeed much more likely.

Old 06-09-2015, 05:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I predict she will wear the Girls of Great Britain tiara.
Old 06-10-2015, 02:39 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Would she wear the German order? I think the German State Banquets are black tie these days, so maybe she won't wear the red order ribbon. But if, rubies would also go well. My wish: that she wears the Indian circlet once again! But the girls tiara or kokoshnink are indeed much more likely.
For the first three State Visits when the State Banquets where white tie she wore the sash of the german Order. in 2004 when the State Banquet was black tie she wore no Order. So i think she will not wear it.
But on the other Hand last year in France the State Banquet was also black tie but HM wore her french Order.

Closed Thread

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara