The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
At least they had tiaras for the wedding recption/ball.
But National Day? It looks so strange to see the gentleman in white tie and everybody with their orders, but no tiaras worn.
All those beautiful Princely family gems gathering dust ,unused and unseen for years,even Letizia is making a minimal effort to dust off her jewel chest having lost the key for a few years

Old 06-05-2015, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
What yearly Events are tiara worns?
Sweden
10th december nobel tiara event
11th december kings dinner tiara event
2 represenation dinners
Used to be 3 but one dinner were changed

Denmark
New year gala, tiara event

Norway
1 diplomatic dinner, tiara event

Uk
Opening of parlament tiara event
Diplomatic dinner, tiara event

And then there are state visits,
Weddings and birthday celebrations in scandinavia
- National Day Gala in Luxembourg
This is later this month. They don't always publish pictures, but during the last few years they did. Wouldn't it be nice if all the younger Lux ladies would be seen in tiaras?

Old 06-05-2015, 08:08 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
All those beautiful Princely family gems gathering dust ,unused and unseen for years,even Letizia is making a minimal effort to dust off her jewel chest having lost the key for a few years
I doubt that the gems are gathering dust. They are probably sitting in neat fitted boxed, being periodically checked for damage and ticked off the list at an yearly inventory check. But I know what you mean (sorry for nit picking). There are so many tiaras in the Monaco family, two from Princess Charlotte, at least two from Princess Grace, two new one for Princess Charlene and several other jewels that work well as hair ornaments. Sometimes I think that the Grimaldis only own their tiaras for the sake of loaning them to exhibitions. Don't they know that the exhibitions would be even more popular if the current Princess wore the jewels as well?

Old 06-05-2015, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

Back to the Swedish wedding: Queen Maxima will attend! She is a really difficult one to guess because she has so many jewels to choose from. I think she will choose a tiara of a middle size, and probably not a repeat from this year. Antique pearl tiara perhaps?

Old 06-05-2015, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Back to the Swedish wedding: Queen Maxima will attend! She is a really difficult one to guess because she has so many jewels to choose from. I think she will choose a tiara of a middle size, and probably not a repeat from this year. Antique pearl tiara perhaps?
Or the sapphire necklace7tiara. It would go well with Order of the Polar Star.-
Old 06-05-2015, 12:02 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I am hoping for a more succesful outing of the Wurttemberg pearl tiara with the dress she wore at her brothers wedding, but perhaps that would be too much (although.... this is Maxima we are talking about).
Old 06-05-2015, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Can you recall when was the last time the The Emerald Parure had an outing?
Old 06-05-2015, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Can you recall when was the last time the The Emerald Parure had an outing?
That was on June 3rd, 2014, the Official Visit of The Prince of Monaco to the Netherlands (when we wer eall so sad that pregnant Charlene couldn't accompany her husband).

I believe that Maxima will go for something bigger than the emerald tiara.

Old 06-05-2015, 12:38 PM
Heir Apparent

I think Maxima wore the bigger tiara she has.
Old 06-05-2015, 02:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

OMG now we are talking about europe's "jewel Queen nr 1"

Now we just wait for Spain to confirm Letizias attendance and we have an almost complete "Queen's without their husbands wedding :-D

Maxima wore the Diamond bandeau to Victorias wedding (i know Beatrix was still Queen then) and i think it's possible that she may do it again. The Antique pearl tiara or the Aquamarine parure are also possible.

Don't think she will wear something bigger though i wouldn't mind if she took the tiara Beatrix took to Victorias wedding, the mellerio Ruby tiara wich is my favourite dutch tiara.
Old 06-05-2015, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

I wouldn't mind to see Letizia also, she urgently needs a chance to wear another tiara. But probably she would repeat her own tiara. Let's wait, at the moment the Spanish agenda stops a June 12. As much as I like the rose cut bandeau, I do hope that she wears another tiara. There is no need for her to repeat a tiara within a few months.

I hope that she won't wear the Mellerio ruby tiara, I just don't like it. And remember that we all thought that she'd wear a small tiara in Canada, but no, it was the decent sized peacock tiara.

The Luxembourg agenda stops at the 11th, so there is still a chance that one of them might go.

Old 06-05-2015, 03:45 PM
Serene Highness

I like all dutch ruby tiaras more or less. But i don't think the peacock tiara will be used at a wedding.
Old 06-05-2015, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Spain sent no-one the Royal Court Calendar has Queen Letizia in Rome next Friday the 12th.Perhaps Queen Sofia or Infanta Elena might attend.

If Elena attended we might get another chance to see the Marichalar tiara.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...d615c585fd.jpg
Old 06-05-2015, 03:56 PM
Majesty

I predict Maxima will wear the Antique Pearl tiara at the wedding.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:32 AM
Heir Apparent

I hope Queen Máxima will wear a medium-sized diadem from the large Orange-Nassau collection she has not worn yet, for an example: the Empire-style "laurel wreath" diadem with leaves and berries set en pavé with brilliant diamonds.

The Duke of Edinburgh with Princess Beatrix, wearing this diadem
Old 06-07-2015, 07:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Spain sent no-one the Royal Court Calendar has Queen Letizia in Rome next Friday the 12th.Perhaps Queen Sofia or Infanta Elena might attend.

If Elena attended we might get another chance to see the Marichalar tiara.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...d615c585fd.jpg
It is nice to see Elena with this beuatiful tiara but i don't think so.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I hope Queen Máxima will wear a medium-sized diadem from the large Orange-Nassau collection she has not worn yet, for an example: the Empire-style "laurel wreath" diadem with leaves and berries set en pavé with brilliant diamonds.

The Duke of Edinburgh with Princess Beatrix, wearing this diadem
This tiara is amazing. You mean that Maxima never wore this tiara before or never wore like a Queen?
Old 06-07-2015, 10:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Máxima has never worn it, not as Princess and not as Queen. If memory serves me right, the last time that the diadem was worn was on April 29th 2013: the Farewell Banquet for Queen Beatrix in the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam. Then Princess Christina of the Netherlands (sister of the Queen and aunt of King Willem-Alexander) wore this stylish diamond diadem.

Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands (sister-in-law of King Willem-Alexander) has worn it for the State Banquet in honour of King Abdullah of Jordan. Then she wore it as a bandeau, flat on the hairdo.

Since Queen Máxima has bought new large diamond-and-emerald earrings, she can bring back the broken prongs mounted on the diadem belonging to the Emerald Parure: on this picture you see the Queen wearing the new earrrings, but the original prongs (removed to make earrings) have not been re-assembled on the diadem. When she would wear it with all prongs, it looks like this, on this photo-montage by DJR. But... green emeralds and the lightblue Order of the Seraphim... I don't know...
Old 06-07-2015, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Since Queen Máxima has bought new large diamond-and-emerald earrings, she can bring back the broken prongs mounted on the diadem belonging to the Emerald Parure: on this picture you see the Queen wearing the new earrrings, but the original prongs (removed to make earrings) have not been re-assembled on the diadem. When she would wear it with all prongs, it looks like this, on this photo-montage by DJR. But... green emeralds and the lightblue Order of the Seraphim... I don't know...
Queen Máxima does not have the Order of the Seraphim but she had the Order of the Polar Star which is blue with yellow on both sides. Therefore i think if she will wear a tiara with coloured stones an sapphire tiara. As i dont think she will use the big sapphire tiara perhaps the smaller sapphire necklace/tiara.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:26 AM
Heir Apparent

This is so unfair. Mathilde have tiaras who is counting to the fingers to one hand and Maxima have tiaras she never wore them yet. It is not unfair but it is.

Closed Thread

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara