The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Queen Maud's diamond tiara I think would really suit Queen Sonja,would be amazing to see it being worn again.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ZygfLyVXeX...audDiamond.jpg

Old 06-03-2015, 05:48 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope that Queen Maud's pearl diadem has been repaired now. I have no idea what happened with it. It is very rare to see such a damaged jewel during a gala event. It looks like the Crown Princess bumped her head.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit with the pearl diadem

Queen Sonja with the same diadem

Old 06-03-2015, 06:04 PM
Serene Highness

Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Hans-Rickard, the attendence of Queen Margrethe and CP Mary have been confirmed, but not that of Princess Marie. I fear you have to take her out of your list, although I'd like to see the Flora Danica tiara again.

I love the idea of Märtha-Louise with the Vasa tiara! And what if Mette-Marit wore the diamond tiara of Queen Maud, the one that Pr. Ragnhild used to wear? Completely unlikely, but dreaming is allowed!

I don't think that we can count on that. Queen Silvia has worn the Connaught tiara unusually frequently over the last 18 months or so. More often than the 9 prongs. So I think she just wanted to wear Queen Sophia's diamond tiara once again.

Ok i'll remove her name and tiara until an eventual confirmation. I hope she'll attend and wear the flora danica tiara as i really want to see it again. Has there been any confirmation about Princess Benedikte or is it just the Queen and the Crown Prince Couple ? If Benedikte is going then Joachim will likely have to stay at home and hold the fort as "Rigsforstander".

It's always difficult to guess wich tiara Queen Silvia will use at events like this. She has some suitable pieces like the Braganza tiara, Cameo tiara, Leuchtenberg tiara, Nine prong tiara or any of the Connaught tiaras.
I picked the Connaught Ruby tiara as i really want to see it together with Princess Lilians scarab necklase :)
Old 06-03-2015, 06:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Wasn't there a rumour that the bigger and historically significant tiaras of both Ragnhild and Astrid was destined to go back to the main line of the family?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

As have been said Ragnhilds biggest tiara is back with the King.
I read at Trond Norén Isaksens blog some time ago that Astrid has said that her 2 biggest tiaras, the Vasa tiara and the Turqoise tiara will go to the King upon her death and her 3 smaller tiaras will be left to her children.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:54 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

You can leave Princess Marie and the Flora Danica tiara in your list, Hans-Rickard!! Billed Bladed now reports that there attendance has been added to the calendar. Gosh, how I sometimes enjoy to be wrong! I too hope that she will wear the lily tiara, her other tiara has been kind of over-used.

Old 06-04-2015, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
You can leave Princess Marie and the Flora Danica tiara in your list, Hans-Rickard!! Billed Bladed now reports that there attendance has been added to the calendar. Gosh, how I sometimes enjoy to be wrong! I too hope that she will wear the lily tiara, her other tiara has been kind of over-used.
The lily tiara would be a wlecome change but my guess is that we will see again her floral wreath tiara.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The lily tiara would be a wlecome change but my guess is that we will see again her floral wreath tiara.
Yes ia agree this tiara i believe we see.
Old 06-04-2015, 03:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

Haha then she is back in my list. The flora danica made tiara too. It is one of the nicest "modern" tiaras i have ever seen and it is definitely a suitable choice for the occasion.

Though i also fear it will be the usual one.
Old 06-04-2015, 05:11 PM
Heir Apparent

It will be the very last tiara wedding for a long time.

The future royal weddings are from Luxembourg : Princess Charlotte and Prince Sebastien.
Old 06-04-2015, 05:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post

The future royal weddings are from Luxembourg : Princess Charlotte and Prince Sebastien.

And 3 possible british weddings (Harry, Bea, Eugenie) but they are all "hat parades"
Old 06-04-2015, 09:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post

I'm not sure if Princess Alexandra and Prince Sebastien's royal weddings will feature tiara events though unlike the HGD's wedding.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:48 AM
Super Moderator

Only HGD Guillaume's wedding had a tiara pre-wedding. As we saw at the wedding of Felix & Claire that is not done for the younger children.

I reckon that it will be about 15 years till we can expect the next generation of Skandinavian royals to marry. And who knows if they will still do white tie weddings? We have seen a continued decline in white tie events for many decades. Remember how a young Queen Elizabeth used to wear tiaras to the cinema premieres? Those were the days!

But at least bridal tiaras are still en vogue, and we can expect to see some British an Luxembourg tiara brides over the next few years. And Belgian: don't forget the younger kids of Princess Astrid.

Old 06-05-2015, 06:26 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Only HGD Guillaume's wedding had a tiara pre-wedding. As we saw at the wedding of Felix & Claire that is not done for the younger children.

It will probably depend on where and how big their Wedding will be. I heard once that it is likely that Alexandra will have a big Wedding in Luxem,bourg like her aunts. I beleive there was also a pre-Wedding tiara Ball or a combined one.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:40 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
And 3 possible british weddings (Harry, Bea, Eugenie) but they are all "hat parades"
The ex-king of Greece still has two unmarried children that are of the right age to get married. And the weddings of their three eldest children all were rather nice events to watch. Only a tiara for the bride as well though.

Other than that, we have some round birthdays coming up. The king of Sweden will turn 70 next year. Let's hope that he will celebrate it in a similar style as his 50th birthday, which was one of the most glamorous royal events of the last decades (as were his 40th and 60th birthdays). And 2017 will - God willing - see the 80th birthday of the king and queen of Norway, usually a tiara event as well (at least for the kig). And also the 50th birthday of the King of The Netherlands; who hopefully will upgrade the dress code as it would be the perfect occasion for the Stuart to finally make its comeback after 45 years of gathering dust.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:58 AM
Super Moderator

For the younger Greek royals we probably won't have much trouble in guessing the bridal tiaras: the Khedive for Theodora and the antique corsage tiara for Princess Philippos (unless the bride will come from a tiara owning family). But you are right, those will be very interesting events.

I love how King WA and Queen Maxima upgraded the dress code at Dutch events so far. Not only was there a white tie gala at the enthronement, the Queen also trots out tiaras at official visits. Looking at that I believe it possible the King's 50th birthday will be white tie. And to think even further ahead: might there be white tie for the A-team weddings? But tbh, that is too far in the future to determine now.

Old 06-05-2015, 07:31 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

If only Monaco would follow suit and start wearing tiaras at least for the Gala at the opera house on National day or one of the Princely Family balls!
Old 06-05-2015, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

I love how King WA and Queen Maxima upgraded the dress code at Dutch events so far. Not only was there a white tie gala at the enthronement, the Queen also trots out tiaras at official visits. Looking at that I believe it possible the King's 50th birthday will be white tie. And to think even further ahead: might there be white tie for the A-team weddings? But tbh, that is too far in the future to determine now.
Actually not white tie but black tie with tiaras for the Ladies.
As forr the A'Team's Wedding it might be that at the Balls befor the Wedding's also tiaras will be worn. Don't think at the Wedding's itself. But unfirtunately we get not many pics from the dutch Royals at this Events
Old 06-05-2015, 07:50 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
The ex-king of Greece still has two unmarried children that are of the right age to get married. And the weddings of their three eldest children all were rather nice events to watch. Only a tiara for the bride as well though.

Other than that, we have some round birthdays coming up. The king of Sweden will turn 70 next year. Let's hope that he will celebrate it in a similar style as his 50th birthday, which was one of the most glamorous royal events of the last decades (as were his 40th and 60th birthdays). And 2017 will - God willing - see the 80th birthday of the king and queen of Norway, usually a tiara event as well (at least for the kig). And also the 50th birthday of the King of The Netherlands; who hopefully will upgrade the dress code as it would be the perfect occasion for the Stuart to finally make its comeback after 45 years of gathering dust.
And additionally the King of Norway celebrates his Silver Jubilee as King in January 2016. We could at least hope that he will invite the Nordic had of states for a white tie gala dinner.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
If only Monaco would follow suit and start wearing tiaras at least for the Gala at the opera house on National day or one of the Princely Family balls!
At least they had tiaras for the wedding recption/ball.
But National Day? It looks so strange to see the gentleman in white tie and everybody with their orders, but no tiaras worn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Actually not white tie but black tie with tiaras for the Ladies.
As forr the A'Team's Wedding it might be that at the Balls befor the Wedding's also tiaras will be worn. Don't think at the Wedding's itself. But unfirtunately we get not many pics from the dutch Royals at this Events
Typical me! I never remember what the gentlemen wear, since I have my eyes only on the ladies.

WA and Maxima seem to be more free with pictures from glittering events than Beatrix was. Eg. they had a photo option before the diplomatic reception these last two years. So maybe they will allow arrival pics at future pre-wedding galas? Anyway, Amalia is only 11 now. It will be a long wait till we know.

But what about this year's diplomatic corps reception in the Netherlands? Has it already passed without pictures? Or is it still to come? How disappointing it would be if they already had decided to cancel to photo option at the royals' arrival.

Old 06-05-2015, 07:52 AM
Majesty

What yearly Events are tiara worns?
Sweden
10th december nobel tiara event
11th december kings dinner tiara event
2 represenation dinners
Used to be 3 but one dinner were changed

Denmark
New year gala, tiara event

Norway
1 diplomatic dinner, tiara event