The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 12:57 PM
Courtier

If I may dream Victoria will wear Countess Estelle's tiara for her brothers wedding. If not I'd love for her to wear the Connaught (if Sofia doesn't wear it)

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 05-28-2015, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

Let's hope that if Crown Princess Mary wears her wedding tiara for the wedding she will opt for the setting with pearls. As for Queen Margrethe i think she will go for the Baden palmette tiara.

Old 05-29-2015, 05:47 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
You were right about the rubies for Canada! Maxima wore the peacock tiara beautifully.

Re. the Swedish wedding: the first royal guest seem to have been confirmed:
- Princess Takamado from Japan
- Queen Margrethe II
- CP Mary (who is bringing her hubby, but he doesn't really count for this thread, does he?)
Any guesses?
Who says Fred doesn't count? If Mary wears her rubies with pearls, he can be her biggest, bestest, pearl beyond price!
Old 05-29-2015, 07:02 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Fred is a gorgeous adornment, but as long as Mary doesn't wear him in her hair he doesn't count on this thread (at least for me).

My wish would be to see her wearing the new necklace-tiara from Margrethe's birthday concert. I so much hope that it wasn't a loan. But maybe the wedding tiara with pearls is a more realistic guess.

As for Queen Margrethe I'd love to see her with the Baden palmette tiara. Please not the floral aigrette! Beautiful as it is, she has over-used it for the birthday festivities.

Princess Takamado seems to have two tiaras: the pearl and diamond tiara she has worn at Madeleine's wedding and a bandeau tiara. Since I have never found good pics of that bandeau tiara I hope that whe will wear it this time.

Old 05-31-2015, 06:49 AM
Super Moderator

Another royal wedding attendance has been confirmed and the Countess of Wessex can be added to our guessing list .

I believe that she'll wear the aquamarine tiara again. Though that might be wishful thinking because I don't like her wedding tiara too much.

Old 05-31-2015, 06:53 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Another royal wedding attendance has been confirmed and the Countess of Wessex can be added to our guessing list .

I believe that she'll wear the aquamarine tiara again. Though that might be wishful thinking because I don't like her wedding tiara too much.
It would be nice if shere wore her other aquamarine (or whatever stone it is) again whioch she has worn first for the enthronement of Prince Albert II.
It has not been since since a few yaers.
Or she could wear it as necklace with the bigger aquamarine tiara.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:36 AM
Courtier

I'd love for Sophie to wear that modern tiara she wore a few times years ago. She looked stunning in it.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 05-31-2015, 07:49 PM
Nobility

I hope Queen Silvia wears the Ruby Tiara tomorrow paired with the Scarab necklace (or a pearl necklace). I think this would look great together with the gown she wore for the official visit from Norway in 2005, a white gown white large pink flowers and green leaves.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:07 AM
Majesty

I suspect the Crown Princess will probably wear one of the steel cut tiaras, or perhaps the 4 or 6 button tiara.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

Re. Sophie of Wessex: I'd love to know whether that aquamarine necklace tiara is still there. She hasn't worn it in ages, not even as a necklace.

Re. Indian SV: The Queen hasn't worn the 9 prongs tiara very often lately. I believe that this will be her choice. Unfortunately the ruby tiara seems to be rather at the bottom of her priority list.

Please no buttons for Victoria! But I agree that they are a likely choice. I do prefer the large cut steel tiara.

Is there a chance that Princess Christina attends? She is not often at SVs, but she attended the Turquish visit in 2013.

Old 06-01-2015, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Re. Sophie of Wessex: I'd love to know whether that aquamarine necklace tiara is still there. She hasn't worn it in ages, not even as a necklace.

Re. Indian SV: The Queen hasn't worn the 9 prongs tiara very often lately. I believe that this will be her choice. Unfortunately the ruby tiara seems to be rather at the bottom of her priority list.

Please no buttons for Victoria! But I agree that they are a likely choice. I do prefer the large cut steel tiara.

Is there a chance that Princess Christina attends? She is not often at SVs, but she attended the Turquish visit in 2013.
I think it couild that the swedish Royl ladies go for smaller tiaras for the State Banquet today. Therefore i think the Queen could also wear the Conmaught tiara and Victoria perhaps for the small cut stell tiara.
Let's hope the nine pronge is not again the Queen's choice for the Wedding.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:03 AM
Majesty

It was announced that Queen Mathilde will attend the forthcoming Swedish wedding. Wonder what tiara she might wear? I suspect it might it be the 9 Provinces in bandeau form only. That said, it would be great if something from Queen Fabiola's collection makes an appearance.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator

Isn't it great that Mathilde will be at the wedding? And is there anybody here who would not want to see her with Fabiola's tiara? But I too don't really expect to see Fabiola's jewels. Maybe she will wear her laurel tiara again, because this is a private event. Of course she is allowed to wear the 9-provinces tiara to private events as well. I just thought that she may want to alternate between her tiaras. I would also like to see again the big brooch which Fabiola gifted to her.

Old 06-01-2015, 11:30 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Isn't it great that Mathilde will be at the wedding? And is there anybody here who would not want to see her with Fabiola's tiara? But I too don't really expect to see Fabiola's jewels. Maybe she will wear her laurel tiara again, because this is a private event. Of course she is allowed to wear the 9-provinces tiara to private events as well. I just thought that she may want to alternate between her tiaras. I would also like to see again the big brooch which Fabiola gifted to her.
Completely agree. If she can't get something from Fabiola's stash, the Laurel Wreath may not be a bad option.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:36 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:

Who inherited Queen Fabiola's jewels ? I recall that there was some speculation here on TRF that she might have given out most of her personal items to a charity foundation. Is that true ?
Old 06-01-2015, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator

:previously: Unfortunately the laurel wreath and the 9-provinces bandeau are quite different in style. Imo they don't match well. Otherwise it would be nice if she wore one of them as necklace and the other one as tiara.

Old 06-01-2015, 11:55 AM
Heir Apparent

I want to see her with the fabiola's tiara. I don't believe she wore the 9-provinces tiara. Maybe the laurel tiara is more imbossible.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:49 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
I want to see her with the fabiola's tiara. I don't believe she wore the 9-provinces tiara. Maybe the laurel tiara is more imbossible.
She has already used the Nine-Provinces tiara several times, including recently at the 75th birthday celebrations for Queen Margrethe.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:58 PM
Heir Apparent

The 9-provinces tiara comblete wore it only one time to 75th celebrations for Queen Margrethe. And wore only the bottom to the visit of chinese president. There is no so many several times.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
The 9-provinces tiara comblete wore it only one time to 75th celebrations for Queen Margrethe. And wore only the bottom to the visit of chinese president. There is no so many several times.
That's twice, and at least one more time for the official portraits, so three times at least.

Closed Thread

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara