Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Queen Sonia with the emeralds! She really put on all her splendor. I'm glad I was wrong about the star wars tiara:lol:. Mette-Marit looks splendid, a nice hairstyle with her wedding tiara.
Princess Astrid wore those wing-things again: Kongen vektla samholdet - Norge - NRK Nyheter
I'm glad that there are a couple of decent photos this time.

Can't believe I almost missed the pictures from last night.
Mary looked stunning, Marie needs another tiara.

There are also new official photos, and guess which tiara she's wearing?
Kongehuset - Aktuelt - Billedkalender
We have seen her wearing this tiara 5 time in 2 weeks. Yes, she definitely needs another tiara. :bang:

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't think she will get another tiara. Alexandra also had only the diamond drop tiara in her 10 years as Princess. It's a pity that the danish royal ladies don't share their tiaras.

I agree it is unlikely that she will get another tiara. Perhaps she might consider experimenting with a tiara of semi-precious stones like Mary has successfully done.

I am personally not very keen on the idea of women of the household sharing tiaras. I see tiara's as quite personal - like Camilla and the Greville Bourheron, or QE2 and the Girls of Great Britain. I think the Dutch approach to these things takes some of the mystique of these for me

I too agree that it is unlikely that she will get a new tiara. But I also always thought that Mary would not get a third tiara before she becomes Queen. Now she has access to the Midnight tiara which is a loan from the jeweller/designer. Who knows, maybe a similar deal will be arranged for Marie one day.
Besides, the Midnight tiara not only contains moonstones, but is said to also contain 1.300 diamonds and cost 1,5 million Dkk (about 200.000 Euro).

The invites list for Princess Victorias wedding has been published.
We can expect Tiaras from

Queen Silvia, Princess Madeline, Princess Margaretha, Princess Christina, Princess Desiree of Sweden.
Queen Margrethe, Crown Princess Mary, Princess Marie, Princess Bendikte, Carina Axelsson, Princess Alexandra, Princess Nathalie (if she attends due to pregnancy) of Denmark.
Queen Sonja, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, Princess Martha-Louise of Norway
Queen Paolo, Crown Princess Mathilde, Princess Astrid, Princess Claire of Belgium.
Queen Anne-Marie, Princess Alexia, Crown Princess Marie-Chantel, Princess Theodora of Greece.
Queen Rania of Jordan.
Grand Duchess of Luxembourg.
Queen Beatrix, Crown Princess Maxima, Princess Mabel, Princess Laurentien of The Netherlands.
Queen Sofia, Crown Princess Letizia, Infanta Elena, Infanta Christina of Spain.
The Duchess of Cornwall and Countess of Wessex.

A grand total of 35 displays of jewels, not including the Brides. :flowers:

Oh this should just be spectacular!!!! Thanks for the info. Im trying to guess who will wear what. If all new dresses will be used or if we shall see some older ones and with which jewels......

I imagine some dresses will be recycled, maybe from the Princess' hopefully not the Crown Princess.
I'm hoping people won't repeat tiaras over the wedding events. :)

Thank you so much Tilia for this excellent pictures. This is what I wanted to see - a summary for all 3 days comparing dresses and tiaras. :flowers:
Thank you, felicitas. I'm glad you like them, even if they don't show off good photo shopping skills (In fact I don't even have photo shop:cool:)

I imagine some dresses will be recycled, maybe from the Princess' hopefully not the Crown Princess.
I'm hoping people won't repeat tiaras over the wedding events. :)
Well, there are several princesses who won't be able to avoid tiara repeats (Mathilde, Astrid, Claire, Marie, Märtha-Louise, Alexia, Theodora, Carina come to my mind). How I wish that at least one of them would manage to get their hands on a second tiara! Please, Fabiola, loan something to Mathilde!!!
I'm particularly curious to see whether Carina attends and which tiara she might wear. On the RJB Bjarne confirmed that the floral tiara from Joachim's wedding and the tiara from the Queens BD were loans.
AND I hope not to see any mayor Swedish princesses with mere brooches in their hair! I want to see especially the bride with a stunner on her head on ALL events, Connaught for the pre-wedding concert, ruby tiara for the dinner (hoping that it will be a tiara event as well), Cameo on the actual wedding.

Now, guess what: a colleague of mine is getting married the same day and she invited us! I'll miss out on half the Swedish wedding, how am I to survive?:ROFLMAO: I'll be stuck in a church, not knowing what CP Victoria is wearing on her lovely head!

Don't think that the private dinner at Drottningholm will be white tie. Probalby black tie as at the private dinner at the King's 60th birthday.

Another tiara event wo comes up is the dutch State Visit to Norway at the beginning of June. But apparetnly only Queen Beatrix will attend no Willem-Alexander and Máxima. I think she will wear either the ruby or Sapphire tiara as they both match the norwegian Order. As for Queen Sonja either the emeralds or the big diamond tiara.

I guess my wish to see CP Victoria in 3 tiaras she hasn't worn before was quite exaggerated. But I still hope that she will wear either Connaught or ruby tiara at her pre-wedding. By the way, the private dinner at Queen Margrethe's birthday was also black tie, but most ladies wore tiaras. I find that all a bit confusing.

It is a pity that WA and Maxima won't accompany HM to Norway. I somehow find it sad to see her traveling alone, even if it is a visit to good friends. As for tiaras, Queen Beatrix just wore the ruby peacock tiara in Denmark and for an official portrait. So I don't think she will wear rubies again. The big sapphire tiara seems very likely, but I would like to see the Würtemberg pearl tiara out and about again.
Queen Sonja just wore the emerald tiara for the Russian SV, that is why I'd guess the diamond tiara. Mette-Marit the amethyst tiara and Princess Astrid with the Vasa tiara.

Unfortunately in Sweden black tie Events are always without tiaras. Only in Denmark and sometimes in the Netherlands for official Visits. As for Beatrix she can also wear the Mellerio ruby tiara. And the württemberg diamond and pearl tiara in Sweden for the Wedding but with the pearl spikes on top please (she has only worn it twice like this at the State Visit to the UK in the 80's and on her Wedding Day).
As for Victoria i would also like to see her with the Connaught tiara at the pre-Wedding Concert and Silvia with the rubys and Silvia on the Wedding Day with the Braganza tiara.

Thank you for explaining about the dress code.
I know about the Mellerio ruby tiara, but I just don't think that HM will repeat the colour red so soon. I'd rather say that it's time for blue again. (By the way; I wonder if she will ever try the smaller sapphire tiara, maybe at a more low key SV, not now in Sweden.)
It would be nice if she'd take a leaf out of Maxima's book and repeat her own wedding tiara at other weddings.

Concerning Victoria's wedding I believe that HM will wear the Leuchtenberg sapphires in their full glory. Either at the pre-wedding with the Braganza at the wedding (my preferred version) or at the wedding with the 9-prongs at the pre-wedding. Somehow Queen Silvia doesn't seem fond of the ruby tiara. And is really difficult to wear because of it's strange dimensions, so high but very narrow in diameter. It would be easier to wear if it were wider.

Actually Beatrix has worn her Wedding tiara at the Wedding of Frederik and Mary. So it's possible she will do it again in Stockholm. But only without the pearl spikes.
As for Silvia i hope she don't wears the nine-pronge tiara at the Wedding Festivites as it's a tiara she wears so often. And actually she also wears the leuchtenberg sapphires quiet often. As for the ruby tiara in the last years she has worn it more and more. Before she probably didn't use it much because every time she wore it the newspapers brought story about the ownership issue between the King and the late Count Sigvard.

It isn't my hope that she wears the nine-prongs tiara, I too am a bit bored with seeing it over and over again. It is just that I think it's likely that she will wear it because it seems to be one of her favourites, together with the sapphire parure. If she wears the ruby tiara at such an outstanding event as the wedding, the press might still unearth the ownership issue again. In connection with the wedding every headline will sell! Imo the wedding of a Crown Princess is the kind of high profile event that should be marked by wearing the enormous Branganza tiara. And I don't think that would be an attempt to outshine the bride, which would be impossible anyway.

That's what i also think. If your oldest daughter and heiress marry this is an occasion for the Braganza. The only fear i have that she could choose otherwise is that it's reportdly very heavy and at the Wedding she would have to wear it for a long time as the Wedding is at 15h30 and afterwards the big ball and Dinner. But she also has worn it vor Carl Gustaf's 60th birthday ball and there was a Concert before it in the Hall of State of the Royal Palace so it was also a longer time she wore it then.

Concerning the weight of the Branganza I have heard contradictory information. Last autumn Svensk Damtidning had an article about the Swedish royal jewellery: Svensk Damtidning nr 41 2009
The author Christian Bolin, current head of the court jewellers, stated that the tiara is much lighter than it looks due to the way it was constructed. I don't understand Swedish, but I remember it discussed on the RJB. It is really difficult to imagine that this tiara is supposed to be lightweight and sometimes these magazines get thing awfully wrong. But the author being member of the court jewellers firm makes it quite creditable.

Does anybody has a picture of Queen Sylvia wearing the ruby tiara? I think I have never seen her wearing it - and I am curious about the comments on who owns it actually. So could somebody pls tell me the story - although I am sure it has been posted already somewhere....

Does anybody has a picture of Queen Sylvia wearing the ruby tiara? I think I have never seen her wearing it - and I am curious about the comments on who owns it actually. So could somebody pls tell me the story - although I am sure it has been posted already somewhere....

The story is complicated. The tiara was a Wedding gift of King Edward VII. to his niece Princess margaret of Connaught when she married the future King Gustaf VI. Adolf in 1905. After her death the tiara went to her second son Sigbard wo lost his title and succession rights he married morgantaic in the 1930's. He later sold the tiara but King Gustaf VI. Adolf bought it back. When King Gustaf VI. Adolf died in 1973 he left the tiara to ether his son Sigvard or Sigvard's son Michal (not sure) wo later sold the tiara to King Carl XVI. Gustaf. But Sivgard alsways said its rightwise his and his wife also boorowed it a few times from the King. But everytime Queen Sillvia wore it the swedish magazines brought stories about the scandalous ownership of the tiara.

Last edited:
Indeed, the supposedly 'scandalous' part of the story were Prince Sigvard's constant claims over the years that both times the tiara was sold to a Swedish King, this was meant to be a loan, to be repaid later in exchange of the tiara.
But after Prince Sigvard's son Michael for the last time sold the tiara to the present King at one point in the 1980s, it's definitely The King's propety and part of the Bernadotte collection.
Until 2006, Queen Silvia wore the tiara only twice - as a necklace in 1987, and as tiara in 1995 for the first wedding of Prince Joachim of Denmark.
The tiara was not seen again until 2006, when it re-appeared on Queen Silvia during a state visit to Japan, and since then she wears the piece regularly.

Here is a pic from the state visit to Portugal two years ago (More under the Queen Silvia jewellery topic):
http://www.profimedia.cz/image/detail/0025299765http://www.profimedia.cz/image/detail/0025299765

Thank you very much Stefan and Boris for your clarifications and for the picture. I really think I have never seen the tiara before. So you made my day. :flowers:

Today we have the start of the Netherlands state visit to Norway, should be shiny. ;)

Queen Beatrix tiara is a real surprise. I didn't like her usual humble jewelry choices, but recently with the Peacock tiara and now with the Wurttemberg - I am really pleased.
Wurttemberg Pearl Tiara
Hope to see more of the substantials soon. ;)

How can you not love a tiara with diamonds and pearls?:wub:

How can you not love a tiara with diamonds and pearls?:wub:
I was thinking the same thing! (neighbor in miami) This tiara is dare I say one of my favorites! I think I say that about most!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom