The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 07:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
H.R.H Princess Madeleine (if her pregnancy doesn't stop her) : Private aquamarine bandeau
Does Madeleine have a private aquamarine bandeau?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app[/QUOTE]

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app[/QUOTE]

1. Apparently not as she wore them to Princess Madeleines wedding. I see now that the earrings are all diamonds and not pearls.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1429915831.627894.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	294505

2. Yes her 18:th birthday bandeau.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1429915942.768588.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	294506

Old 05-23-2015, 01:42 PM
Aristocracy

So what do we think Queen Máxima will wear for the Canadian state banquet on tuesday... I think the Queen might wear one of the ruby tiara's, however, she wore them recently (Peacock in Poland and the Mellerio for a Diplomatic dinner last year), but it are the colors of the Canadian flag..
I would love to see a big tiara on her, but it's not a state visit to a king/queen, so probably she will wear a smaller one. We never know it with her...

I don't think she will wear a tiara in the USA (there is a dinner with the ambassador or so, but it's not a statevisit), but I think she will bring some nice jewels (necklace, brooche) for that too.

Old 05-23-2015, 02:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaNL View Post
So what do we think Queen Máxima will wear for the Canadian state banquet on tuesday... I think the Queen might wear one of the ruby tiara's, however, she wore them recently (Peacock in Poland and the Mellerio for a Diplomatic dinner last year), but it are the colors of the Canadian flag..
I would love to see a big tiara on her, but it's not a state visit to a king/queen, so probably she will wear a smaller one. We never know it with her...

I don't think she will wear a tiara in the USA (there is a dinner with the ambassador or so, but it's not a statevisit), but I think she will bring some nice jewels (necklace, brooche) for that too.
I think either the Antique Pearl, the smaller sapphire or the Emerald tiara may get an outing in Canada
Old 05-23-2015, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I'm not sure that Canada does big State Banquets. Isn't it like Australia, where there are not State Banquets because there is no resident Head of State?

Old 05-26-2015, 09:51 AM
Aristocracy

Queen Beatrix wore the emerald tiara at the state banquet in Canada in 1988, so they kind of have state banquets with tiara's and sashes and that kind of stuff.
ANP Historisch Archief Community - Beatrix-staatsbezoek-canada (Statevisit to Canada 1988)

I think Maxima will wear a small tiara, perhaps the small sapphire one?
Old 05-26-2015, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

Thank you EmmaNL, that is good to know. In that case I agree she will go for one of the smaller tiaras, the small sapphire or the pearl setting of emerald tiara. Maxima has so many tiaras that it is difficult to guess.

Old 05-26-2015, 11:09 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Thank you EmmaNL, that is good to know. In that case I agree she will go for one of the smaller tiaras, the small sapphire or the pearl setting of emerald tiara. Maxima has so many tiaras that it is difficult to guess.
Other royals are a lot less hard to guess tiaras for, I agree.
She has such a huge collection!
Old 05-26-2015, 04:10 PM
Majesty

If Maxima wears a tiara, I think she will wear the Antique Pearl tiara.
Old 05-26-2015, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Queen Beatrix wore the emerald tiara at the state banquet in Canada in 1988, so they kind of have state banquets with tiara's and sashes and that kind of stuff.
ANP Historisch Archief Community - Beatrix-staatsbezoek-canada (Statevisit to Canada 1988)

I think Maxima will wear a small tiara, perhaps the small sapphire one?
The tiara appears to have been swallowed up by Beatrix's hairdo in that photo!
Old 05-26-2015, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, that's a good description for Beatrix' hairdo. Luckily the tiaras are more visible on Maxima.

Isn't tomorrow also the day of the Openening of Parliament? But there is not much to guess: HM always wears the state diadem and the Duchess of Cornwall always wears the honeycomb tiara. But I hope to see some peeresse in their tiaras.

Old 05-26-2015, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Yes the State Opening is tomorrow in the UK ,the State Diadem always looks majestic on QEII but I don't suppose the queen and her daughter in law will swap diadems just mix it up to for us
Old 05-26-2015, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator

Great idea! Camilla walking in with the State Diadem! What a comotion that would cause.

Theoretically Camilla could wear the Delhi Durbar again, or the Strathmore rose. But of course that is completely unlikely.

Old 05-26-2015, 11:38 PM
Majesty

As Tatiana wore a tiara at her wedding, there is a chance Beatrice will as well. Maybe she will wear Tatiana's fringe tiara. I am really hoping she will wear the Cartier Pearl tiara. It would make a magnificent wedding tiara.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:04 AM
Super Moderator

I believe that the Borromeo family also owns at least one tiara. Two of her half-sisters have worn what looked like an identical tiara. Unfortunately there are no good close-up pics around. An then her sister-in-law has worn a coral tiara at her wedding. That might also be from the Borromeo family. So Beatrice possibly has several tiaras to chose from, both from her own and from Pierre's family.

I only hope that they will not try to keep the wedding as private as Tatiana and Andrea. That might mean that we won't see bridal pics at all.

Old 05-27-2015, 08:24 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Great idea! Camilla walking in with the State Diadem! What a comotion that would cause.
One day in the future she will wear it as she will be entitled to as Queen Consort.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:49 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda View Post
One day in the future she will wear it as she will be entitled to as Queen Consort.
That will not be the State Diadem, but the Consort's diadem.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator

Queens Adelaide, Alexandra and Mary all wore the State Diadem. Queen Mum didn't and wore the coronet of her crown instead. What Camilla will do is up to her, but my preferance would be the state diadem. Anyway: let's hope for many more years of Queen Elizabeth II wearing it!

No surprise today! We saw the same tiaras/diadems as every year, and again worn with style!

Old 05-28-2015, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

You were right about the rubies for Canada! Maxima wore the peacock tiara beautifully.

Re. the Swedish wedding: the first royal guest seem to have been confirmed:
- Princess Takamado from Japan
- Queen Margrethe II
- CP Mary (who is bringing her hubby, but he doesn't really count for this thread, does he?)
Any guesses?

Old 05-28-2015, 11:14 AM
Majesty

Quote:
You were right about the rubies for Canada! Maxima wore the peacock tiara beautifully.

Re. the Swedish wedding: the first royal guest seem to have been confirmed:
- Princess Takamado from Japan
- Queen Margrethe II
- CP Mary (who is bringing her hubby, but he doesn't really count for this thread, does he?)
Any guesses?
I so do hope we see Princess Mary in her "new" tiara at the wedding, but I suspect it might just be her own wedding tiara that gets an outing.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:24 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I so do hope we see Princess Mary in her "new" tiara at the wedding, but I suspect it might just be her own wedding tiara that gets an outing.
I think that she will opt for her wedding tiara, and if she does so, she has used three different tiaras at three different royal weddings in Sweden.

Closed Thread

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara