The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 12:36 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Wouldn't it be inappropriate for the guest to outshine the host ?
Queen Silvia wore the Braganca tiara during a state visit to Denmark in 2007. I believe that in a documentary she said that she wore it as she knew how much it would be appreciated by Q. Margrethe that she wore the piece.

https://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?pag...27982&pos=7043

Old 03-16-2015, 12:40 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Too small? The sheer carat power of that Bandeau most likely will outweigh any other diadem present at the State Banquet tomorrow...

See picture (click on the picture itself to expand and be baffled... )

It might have carat power, but it does not have size on its side.

Old 03-16-2015, 02:14 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

This Dutch state visit to Denmark is one of the most anticapted events on the royal calendar for sure

Expecting Mary to be in her the ruby tiara.
Maxima will bring out a 'big gun' and hopefully something new to her and unseen
She could use the rubies on the return banquet as a nod to their hosts

Old 03-16-2015, 02:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
My predicton for the State Banquet:

HM Queen Margrethe
- the Orange-Nassau pearl poiré diadem
- the diamond collier with the pearl buttons
- the diamond stomacher with the large hanging natural pearls
I like the idea of Queen Margrete wearing the Orange-Nasau diadem just because of its name. I don't know what it looks like, any pictures anywhere?
Old 03-16-2015, 02:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
It might have carat power, but it does not have size on its side.
Let us take Crown Princess Mary's diadem from her ruby parure. Stunning in design but closer inspection learns that the diamonds are extremely small -almost zirconias- and tightly set in the metal of the "leaves".

This picture shows how much "metal filling" the diadem has: http://41.media.tumblr.com/c5b796ec9...hm9o1_1280.png

Then look at this sparkling picture to see that besides the spikes there is no metal, just diamonds (click on the pic to blow up to mega-XXL).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
I like the idea of Queen Margrete wearing the Orange-Nasau diadem just because of its name. I don't know what it looks like, any pictures anywhere?
It is this one, click on the picture to blow it up to mega-XXL.

There were two identical diadems made for two Dutch-German sisters-in-law:

1 - for Princess Louise of the Netherlands born Princess of Prussia
2 - for Princess Marianne of Prussia born Princess of the Netherlands

1 - ended up in the Danish royal family, by inheritance, still existant
2 - ended up in the princely family Reuss, by inheritance, whereabouts unknown

Old 03-16-2015, 02:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Let us take Crown Princess Mary's diadem from her ruby parure. Stunning in design but closer inspection learns that the diamonds are extremely small -almost zirconias- and tightly set in the metal of the "leaves".

This picture shows how much "metal filling" the diadem has: http://41.media.tumblr.com/c5b796ec9...hm9o1_1280.png

Then look at this sparkling picture to see that besides the spikes there is no metal, just diamonds (click on the pic to blow up to mega-XXL).

I think it is clear to all that the diamonds are big. However, that doesn't change the fact that the tiara isn't.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I think it is clear to all that the diamonds are big. However, that doesn't change the fact that the tiara isn't.
Exactly my point.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:

I don't think that is a good picture of the Danish ruby parure if you want to see it properly. That is a picture when it was at the court jewelry for reconstruction a couple of years ago. And all that "gold" in the picture is used to clean the tiara and is therefor not part of the tiara. So the picture doesn't show how the design and setting look like.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

The rose cut bandeau is beautiful, but I'm hoping Maxima leaves that one at home and brings out something else.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Máxima can better use a beauty pageant crown with fake stones and just sell her real stuff. Fat chance that will be big enough. Quality, provenance or anciennity of diamonds, gems and pearls seem not important anymore.

Old 03-16-2015, 05:30 PM
Administrator

Who said that provenance, quality etc. of stones are not important? And who wants her to wear a fake beauty pageant crown? . It isn't as if the other tiaras suggested were acquired last week from Toys "R" Us.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:59 PM
Heir Apparent

The Princesses of Denmark :
First Day :
Princess Mary - ruby tiara with ruby necklace
Princess Marie her loan Princess Dagmar tiara , small pendant brooch
Second Day
Prncess Mary - her Wedding tiara with ...
Princess Marie her loan Princess Dagmar tiara with....

Nothing new !
Old 03-16-2015, 06:30 PM
Majesty

My predictions for the Dutch state visit:

Margrethe: Pearl tiara
Maxima: Rose Cut tiara
Mary: Ruby tiara
Marie: Wedding tiara
Old 03-18-2015, 09:04 AM
Nobility

I guess there will be no surprises at the Gala Dinner in Oslo tonight. Queen Sonja with the emeralds and CP Mette-Marit with the Diamond Daisy.

But it at least give us more glitter!
Old 03-18-2015, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator

Queen Sonja might wear the diamond tiara of Queen Josephine or the pearl tiara of Queen Maude. The pearl tiara seems amoung her favourites, and the diamond tiara is not used often enough for my taste.

So this is my wish:
Queen Sonja - Queen Josephine's diamond tiara
CP Mette-Marit - the amethyst tiara
Princess Astrid - the Vasa tiara

And this is my more realistic guess:
Queen Sonja - the pearl tiara in it's large setting
CP Mette-Marit - the diamond daisy bandeau
Princess Astrid - one of the aigrettes, probably the wings

Old 03-18-2015, 12:57 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Queen Sonja might wear the diamond tiara of Queen Josephine or the pearl tiara of Queen Maude. The pearl tiara seems amoung her favourites, and the diamond tiara is not used often enough for my taste
I agree with you. It is absolutely stunning and beautiful tiara. I wish she wore it more frequently to important state dinners.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:25 PM
Majesty

I think Queen Sonja will use the smaller version of the Queen Maud pearl tiara. This is a relatively low profile visit from a republic, so I suspect the overall "bling quotient" will be low.
Old 03-28-2015, 05:46 AM
Majesty

what gala events are comming up
April birthday celebrations in denmark are there more then one gala?
the wedding in sweden in june

state visits?
Old 03-28-2015, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator

May 27: State Openingi of Parliament. There is not much to guess because it's always the State Diadem for the Queen and the honeycomb for Camilla

There's also a Dutch State Visit to Canada, but I don't think that Canada has tiara events (except for their own Queen).

June: National Day Gala in Luxembourg

edit:
I think there will be 2 tiara Galas for the Birthday:
April 15: Gala Dinner at Christiansborg Slot for Queen Margrethe’s 75th Birthday
April 16: Dinner at Fredensborg Slot
The first dinner will probably be white tie and the second dinner in black tie. But the Danish Queen likes to have tiaras at her black tie events, so I hope for many tiaras.

Old 03-29-2015, 12:29 AM
Majesty

It would be great if Queen Silvia wore the Cameo tiara at the 2015 Nobel Prizes. It would also be exactly 10 years since she wore it at the last Nobel event. If she does not wear it then, I would love is she wore for the King's 70th birthday in 2016. I would guess she will wear the Braganza tiara, but she did wear the Connaught tiara at his 50th birthday, maybe she plans on wearing different tiaras for the King's major birthdays. I also don't think there was a tiara event for his 40th birthday.

Closed Thread

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara