The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 09:05 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Lets hope she will not mix pieces of the two rubi Parures if she opts for rubys. It would also be nice if she wore the peacock tiara with the matching necklace and broosh. Are there also earrings to that Set?
The necklace accompanying the peacock tiara has not been seen in a long time, it would be good to see it back with the main line.

Old 02-17-2015, 11:11 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Lets hope she will not mix pieces of the two rubi Parures if she opts for rubys. It would also be nice if she wore the peacock tiara with the matching necklace and broosh. Are there also earrings to that Set?
On this picture you can see Queen Máxima with the diadem, the earrings, the collier and one of the bracelets which are part of the parure.

Old 02-17-2015, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
On this picture you can see Queen Máxima with the diadem, the earrings, the collier and one of the bracelets which are part of the parure.
But that is the Mellerio ruby Parure. my question was if there are also earrings to the peacock ruby Parure.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:45 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

No the peacock parure doesn't have earrings. The set belonged to Queen Wilhelmina, who is said to have found earrings too flashy, she never wore them, neither did Q. Emma. Most earrings in the Dutch collection were created for Queen Juliana. I haven't yet found a picture from before 1936 where she wears them btw.

Princess Irene used a pair of nice ruby earrings with the tiara and necklace though. They have never been worn by other members of the family than Pss Irene and her eldest daughter, so possibly they still are the personal possession of Pss Irene and not part of the foundation.

http://www.modekoninginmaxima.nl/sit...0/orbbelen.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...fd4ec31888.jpg

They were worn by Pss Irene before her wedding, so they do not come from the Parma family.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:46 AM
Majesty

Quote:
But that is the Mellerio ruby Parure. my question was if there are also earrings to the peacock ruby Parure.
Princess Irene and Princess Margarita have been seen with earstuds /earhangers "belonging to" or having a similar style as the Peacock-motif parure. Here a very good picture showing these diamonds and rubies in the earhangers/earstuds. Click on the picture itself to blow it up to XL: http://www.refdag.nl/polopoly_fs/car...2394279672.jpg
Old 02-20-2015, 10:39 AM
Majesty

Now that the schedule for the Dutch visit to Denmark has been published, I suspect this will end up being a two tiara visit. My guess is that Maxima will wear one of the ruby parures, and possibly, the antique pearl tiara. It would be nice to see the sapphire tiara be reused, but not sure if this is the time to do so.

I think Queen Margarethe will probably use her emeralds, and possibly the state diamond collier and earrings, paired with the aigerette.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:13 PM
Serene Highness

If there will be two tiara events in Denmark i guess Maxima will wear the Ruby peacock tiara mixed with other jewels from the mellerio ruby parure during the first night and the aquamarine Parure during the second night. Margrethe will probably wear the Pearl Poiree Parure during the first night and the Baden Palmette tiara during the 2:nd night.

In Finland i guess Silvia will wear the Leuchtenberg sapphire tiara and earrings during the first night and the Connaught Diamond or the Nine prong tiara, diamond earrings and the processional necklase during the
2:nd night.

In UK i guess QEII will wear the Russian kokoshnik tiara and parts of the Brazilian Aquamarine Parure. Wolf love to finally see the Teck crescent tiara on Camilla.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:31 PM
Majesty

It would be great if Maxima wore the Sapphire Necklace tiara again soon. She has only worn it once so far.
Old 02-24-2015, 06:17 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Maxima has worn the sapphire necklace tiara in Denmark for the first time, so that would be nice to bring it there again.

I think that the second night will bring out smaller jewels than the first State Banquet. So the smaller sapphire tiara might be an option. But I somehow feel that Maxima might go for the rose cut bandeau. It is one of her favourites and unites a large amount of carats in a fairly small place. It's gorgeous imo.

Old 02-24-2015, 07:05 AM
Super Moderator

There will also be an incoming State Visit to Spain next week. Lets hope that Letizia will wear something different this time and not again the Mellerio floral tiara. For examle the Mellerio Shel tiara would be a nice a´change.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

To be honest, I have no great expectations for the Colombian SV to Spain. If the Queen doesn't wear the floral tiara, she might go for the even smaller Prussian tiara. I'll eat my hat if we see something more exciting.

As usual I hope that QEII will wear the oriental circlet for a second time. But the girls tiara is probably much more realistic. If only we'd see one or two decent pictures of the Camilla, Sophie and Anne! That would make my day.

It has just been published that Latvia will pay a SV to Norway on 18 March, so next month will be quite glittering!

Old 02-24-2015, 04:46 PM
Majesty

I predict Letizia will wear the Shell tiara, as she only wore it once. She may wear her wedding tiara as it's been 4 years since she last worn it.

For the event in Norway, I predict Sonja will wear her emerald tiara and Mette Marit will wear the amethyst tiara.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I predict Letizia will wear the Shell tiara, as she only wore it once. She may wear her wedding tiara as it's been 4 years since she last worn it.
I hope she doesn't wear the Mellerio Shell tiara its my least favourite Spanish tiara,I would like to see Letizia wearing the Pearl and Diamond tiara.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I hope she doesn't wear the Mellerio Shell tiara its my least favourite Spanish tiara,I would like to see Letizia wearing the Pearl and Diamond tiara.

See and I've always wanted to see it worn with the hanging pearl on the forehead- though I doubt it will be worn that way again.

In that form, it reminds me of the one the Childlike Empress from The Neverending Story wears- in a good way.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 02-26-2015, 12:08 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I hope Letizia will wear the Cartier Pearl tiara but I really doubt it.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:27 AM
Majesty

For the state banquet tonight, I do hope Camilla pulls out her emeralds. We have not seen them since 2010, the evening C&C were attacked by student protesters.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:03 AM
Courtier

And I guess Queen Silvia will wear the Leuchtenberg sapphires in Helsinki tonight.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:42 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I hope Letizia will wear the Cartier Pearl tiara but I really doubt it.
I had a hunch it would be the diamond Floral Tiara,maybe next time
Old 03-03-2015, 12:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Silvia is wearing the Leuchtenberg sapphires this evening.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:06 PM
Serene Highness

Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Queen Silvia is wearing the Leuchtenberg sapphires this evening.

As i expected :) Is she wearing the whole parure or just parts of it ?

Closed Thread

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara