The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 06:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Probably all 3 for Mary. Hope Marie will use Flora Danica tiara atleast once. Pearls, Emeralds and Floral Aigrette for Margrethe.

I would love if Margrethe borrowed Mary the Greenlandic tiara and Mary borrowed Marie the Ruby tiara but i don't think that'll ever happen
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I would love to see Marie in the ruby tiara, but I doubt that will happen. I would also love if Mary wore Marie diamond floral tiara, but I somehow doubt that as well.
I agree it is unlikely that any tiaras would be swapped around. That said, I think Mary could do justice to the Nassult tiara.

Old 02-04-2015, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Probably all 3 for Mary. Hope Marie will use Flora Danica tiara atleast once. Pearls, Emeralds and Floral Aigrette for Margrethe.

I would love if Margrethe borrowed Mary the Greenlandic tiara and Mary borrowed Marie the Ruby tiara but i don't think that'll ever happen
Could also be that Margrethe uses the Naasut tiara at one the celebrations.
Would be nice if Masrgrethe would loan the Baden palmette tiara the Mary once. Or if Baden palmette be loaned to Marie and Mary could borrow the floral tiara wusally worn by Marie.
But i don't think this likely as the danish ladies don't share their Jewels.

Old 02-04-2015, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I fear that there will be only two tiara events for Queen Margethe's birthday: the gala dinner on the 15th at Christiansborg will be probably the usual Gala for the official Denmark, without foreign royals. On the 15th there'll be the dinner at Fredensborg, probably similar to the black tie and tiara event with friends and foreign Royals of five years ago.

On her 70th Birthday there was a gala concert on the day before the Fredensborg dinner, and most royal guests attended both festivities. But this year the concert is panned to be one week before the other events and it is to be in Aarhus. I think it will be more like the concert for Prince Henrik's 80th birthday last year, with suits, short evening dresses and without serious jewels.

For those Official Danish Dinner the Queen often wears some of the Crown jewels, so maybe the emerald parure? Or she might wear the big pearls together with the Naasut tiara, which also has a somewhat official character. It's a present from Greenland, after all. I guess that Mary and Marie will go for their big guns, ruby parure and floral tiara.

For the more privat dinner at Fredensborg I predict the midnight and the lily tiara. And the Queen might go for her favourite floral aigrette.

For princess Benedikte: a tiara of Danish origin for the official Dinner, I think it will be the star tiara. And the Berleburg fringe for the private Dinner. Let's hope that her daughters will be there to trot out the floral and the star tiara again!

Old 02-05-2015, 12:50 PM
Nobility

The Swedish Royal Family is out in full force for the official dinner on February 11th. As said previously The King, Queen, Crown Princess and Prince Daniel will attend. Now is Prince Carl Philip and Sofia and Princess Madeleine added to the calendar.

I'm afraid won't see something new at all. The Modern fringe for Princess Madeleine...as usual.....
Old 02-05-2015, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I think that they will all choose some of their favourites. My guess:
Queen Silvia: the nine prongs tiara
CP Victoria: one of the cut steel tiaras, I hope for the large one
P Madeleine: the modern fringe

Last year Princess Christina debuted the aquamarine kokoshnik, but it seems she doesn't attend this time?

Old 02-05-2015, 03:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I think that they will all choose some of their favourites. My guess:
Queen Silvia: the nine prongs tiara
CP Victoria: one of the cut steel tiaras, I hope for the large one
P Madeleine: the modern fringe

Last year Princess Christina debuted the aquamarine kokoshnik, but it seems she doesn't attend this time?

She's never mentioned in the calender at their website. It's just the King, Queen, Their kids and in laws.

I don't expect something out of the ordinary for a representation dinner. As long as the small Cut steel tiara and the 4-button tiara is left in the vaults I'm happy.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:13 PM
Majesty

I think she will wear her wedding tiara, but I hope Madeleine will surprise us by wearing another tiara like the Connaught, or the amethyst tiaras.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:41 PM
Serene Highness

My predictions for the dinner tomorrow :

The Queen : Nine prong tiara or the Connaught diamond tiara

The Crown Princess : The large Cut steel tiara

Sofia : No tiara. Would be nice if she wore a necklase and earrings from Princess Lilian that Carl Philip inherited

Princess Madeleine : Modern fringe tiara

Princess Christina if she is there : 6-button tiara

What i would like to see

The Queen : Connaught ruby tiara and the egyptian scarab necklase

The Crown Princess : Princess Lilians tiara

Princess Madeleine : Amethyst tiara

Princess Christina : Aquamarine tiara
Old 02-10-2015, 06:58 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I agree with you about the scarab necklace. Although I do not find the piece that pretty I would love to see it again on Queen Silvia. Would it be the first time she wore it?
Old 02-10-2015, 07:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I agree with you about the scarab necklace. Although I do not find the piece that pretty I would love to see it again on Queen Silvia. Would it be the first time she wore it?

Yes it would be the first time in public
Old 02-10-2015, 07:46 PM
Majesty

I hope Victoria will not wear either of the 2 button tiaras. The last time she wore both of them was in 2012.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

The jewellery in Stockholm this evening¨
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Old 02-11-2015, 03:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Ah... I see Ms Hellqvist has been created a Lady Grand Cross in the Order of the Seraphim and is wearing a headband...
Old 02-11-2015, 03:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Is that Madde?! With the cyclops tiara? Did not see that one coming!
Old 02-11-2015, 03:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Am I the only one who think sthat tiara doesn't look good on Madde? It almost seem as if it was put on her hear with photoshop
Old 02-11-2015, 03:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Ah... I see Ms Hellqvist has been created a Lady Grand Cross in the Order of the Seraphim and is wearing a headband...
Sorry, it was the unrecognizeable Princess Madeleine.

Old 02-11-2015, 04:08 PM
Courtier

Ahem ... can't say I am a fan of Madeleine's tiara tonight. It just sits akwardly on the head when worn like this.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Christina tonight
Old 02-11-2015, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Oh again with the aquamarine kokoshnik. But i doesn't look the best worn like this. Much to much back so that the sides are not visible at all.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Oh again with the aquamarine kokoshnik. But i doesn't look the best worn like this. Much to much back so that the sides are not visible at all.
It looks kind of lost that far back,nice to kind of see it though

Not a fan of Princess Madeleine's bandeau,we haven't seen it in a while nor have I missed it much!

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara