The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1381  
Old 01-26-2015, 07:47 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 15,859
Wouldn't it be amazing to rediscover the long lost Dutch Pearl Poire diadem in the Orange vaults or if it someway made its way back!
__________________

__________________
20th of December 1963,Birth of The Infanta Elena, Duchess of Lugo
  #1382  
Old 01-26-2015, 08:07 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Christmas Island
Posts: 5,928
It wil never happen. Most likely the twin-diadem has been broken up, otheriwse we would have seen it on a Princess Reuss.
__________________

  #1383  
Old 01-26-2015, 04:59 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
It wil never happen. Most likely the twin-diadem has been broken up, otheriwse we would have seen it on a Princess Reuss.
Could also be that it was sold by the Family as the have no need for it anymore. This members of the Reuß Family belong to a very junior line and are never seen in public (or recognized) like other members.
  #1384  
Old 01-28-2015, 02:07 AM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 8,243
The guest list has not been revealed but here are my predictions for the Swedish royal wedding:

Queen Silvia: Sapphire tiara
Victoria: Baden Fringe tiara
Madeleine: Modern Fringe tiara
Sofia: Connaught tiara
Margrethe: Baden Palmette tiara
Mary: Wedding tiara
Marie: Floral Danica tiara
Mette Marit: Wedding tiara
Martha Louise: 18th Birthday
Theodora: Alexia's Diamond tiara
Tatiana: Wedding tiara
Marie Chantal: Fringe tiara
Benedikte: Floral tiara
Sophie: Wedding tiara
Charlene: Ocean tiara
Stephanie: Aquamarine tiara
Christina: Aquamarine tiara
Margaretha: Cut Steel Tiara
Desiree: Six Button Tiara
Birgitta: Amethyst Tiara

I assume the list will be similar to Madeleine's guest list.
  #1385  
Old 01-31-2015, 09:43 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 1,008
Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events

My predictions at the moment for the
Female guests i think will be there are

Silvia : Sapphire Tiara or Nine prong tiara

Victoria : Large Cut steel tiara

Sofia : Connaught diamond tiara or Cameo tiara

Madeleine if she is there : Modern fringe tiara

Christina : 6-button tiara

Desirée : Private diamond tiara or Nine prong tiara if Silvia is wearing something else (only of the haga sisters who still hasn't worn the Nine prong tiara and the one with the best hair to do it).

Birgitta : Baden fringe tiara

Margareta : Private Aquamarine Tiara or amethyst tiara

Mette Marit : Amethyst tiara

Märtha-Louise : Would like to see her borrow the Vasa tiara from Astrid for this occasion.

Margrethe : Baden Palmette tiara or Turqoise bandeau

Mary : Wedding tiara

Marie : Flora danica tiara

Stephanie : The luxembourg amethyst parure

Laurentien : Dutch Aquamarine Parure

Charlene : Diamond foam tiara (hopefully she wears some jewels this time)

Marie Chantal : Fringe tiara

Tatijana : Her wedding tiara

Ursula of Bavaria : A family tiara

Anna of Bavaria : A family tiara


I belive Benedikte will stay home as acting regent this time. Or i hope she will because i want Joachim and Marie to attend. And as it is trooping the colour in London on the actual wedding day there will probably be no Edward and Sophie in Sweden this year.
  #1386  
Old 01-31-2015, 09:55 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 1,008
Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events

What tiara occasions do we have in the near future. Help me fill out the list

Representation dinner in Sweden on 11:th February

State visit from Sweden to Finland between 3:rd and 5:th March

State Visit from Netherlands to Denmark between 17:th and 19:th March

3 possible but not certain tiara occasions in Denmark on 8:th, 15:th and 16:th April when Queen Margrethe celebrates her 75:th birthday. There will be 3 galas

The royal wedding in Sweden on 13:th June

State visit from UK to Germany between 24:th to 26:th June

Rumoured State visit from China to UK

Rumoured State visit / Official visit from Sweden to Lithuania

What more do we have ?
  #1387  
Old 02-01-2015, 12:13 AM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 8,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
What tiara occasions do we have in the near future. Help me fill out the list

Representation dinner in Sweden on 11:th February
I think Victoria will wear the Baden Fringe tiara, and Queen Silvia will wear the Nine Prong tiara. If Madeleine attends, I think she will wear her wedding tiara. I really hope Madeleine will wear something else. The last time she wore a tiara other than her wedding tiara was at the 2012 Nobel Prizes when she wore the amethyst tiara.

I am not expecting it, but it would be a great surprise if Silvia wore the Braganza tiara at the event. I recall she wore it once at the same event in 2003. It's been almost 5 years since she wore the tiara in public I can't wait to see it again.
  #1388  
Old 02-01-2015, 06:32 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I am not expecting it, but it would be a great surprise if Silvia wore the Braganza tiara at the event. I recall she wore it once at the same event in 2003. It's been almost 5 years since she wore the tiara in public I can't wait to see it again.
No I don't think we should expect the Braganza for the dinner in February, and we can't expect a new official portrait either. But we are most probably coming closer to a new outing of the Braganza tiara. We have three new Kings in Europe that in a (hopefully) near future make state visits to Sweden.
  #1389  
Old 02-01-2015, 07:46 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
No I don't think we should expect the Braganza for the dinner in February, and we can't expect a new official portrait either. But we are most probably coming closer to a new outing of the Braganza tiara. We have three new Kings in Europe that in a (hopefully) near future make state visits to Sweden.
And next year the King will turn 70. Probably there will be also some celebrations and she wore it in 2006 chances are that she would do so again in 2016.
  #1390  
Old 02-01-2015, 08:37 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I think Victoria will wear the Baden Fringe tiara, and Queen Silvia will wear the Nine Prong tiara. If Madeleine attends, I think she will wear her wedding tiara. I really hope Madeleine will wear something else. The last time she wore a tiara other than her wedding tiara was at the 2012 Nobel Prizes when she wore the amethyst tiara.

I am not expecting it, but it would be a great surprise if Silvia wore the Braganza tiara at the event. I recall she wore it once at the same event in 2003. It's been almost 5 years since she wore the tiara in public I can't wait to see it again.
I think that Madeleine hasn't worn her aquamarine bandeau since 2008 (it's too small for an important family event anyway), she has worn the six buttons tiara only twice, the four buttons, Connaught and amethyst tiaras only once each. Even for her own wedding she wore the modern fringe, instead of wearing something more special from the collection. That's why I think she'll wear the modern fringe again. The repetition is becoming a bit boring, but the modern fringe is still better than the button tiaras, imo.
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


  #1391  
Old 02-01-2015, 11:10 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Christmas Island
Posts: 5,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
The guest list has not been revealed but here are my predictions for the Swedish royal wedding:

Queen Silvia: Sapphire tiara
Victoria: Baden Fringe tiara
Madeleine: Modern Fringe tiara
Sofia: Connaught tiara
Margrethe: Baden Palmette tiara
Mary: Wedding tiara
Marie: Floral Danica tiara
Mette Marit: Wedding tiara
Martha Louise: 18th Birthday
Theodora: Alexia's Diamond tiara
Tatiana: Wedding tiara
Marie Chantal: Fringe tiara
Benedikte: Floral tiara
Sophie: Wedding tiara
Charlene: Ocean tiara
Stephanie: Aquamarine tiara
Christina: Aquamarine tiara
Margaretha: Cut Steel Tiara
Desiree: Six Button Tiara
Birgitta: Amethyst Tiara

I assume the list will be similar to Madeleine's guest list.
I think the Netherlands will be represented by Prince Constantijn & Princess Laurentien, joined by their cousins the Duke and Duchess of Parma.

My prediction for Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands: the diadem from the Aquamarine Parure

My prediction for Princess Annemarie de Bourbon de Parme, the Duchess of Parma: her bridal diadem

  #1392  
Old 02-01-2015, 04:53 PM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 8,243
I think Victoria will wear the Baden Fringe tiara at the wedding but if Sofia does not wear the Connaught tiara, I think Victoria will wear it. Maybe one of the reasons she never wore the tiara is because she is saving for a very special occasion like one of her siblings weddings. Who knows, maybe she was going to wear the tiara at Madeleine's wedding but wore Lilian's tiara as she inherited it a few months before the wedding. I can't help but wonder what tiara Victoria would have worn if she did not wear Lilian's tiara.
  #1393  
Old 02-01-2015, 10:06 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 1,008
Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events

I belive Victoria will wear one of her 4 tiaras (baden fringe, lilians and the 2 Cut steels) . Or maybe 2 of them and use 1 as a necklase. I belive if Victoria really wanted to wear the nine prong tiara or the connaught diamond tiara she would already have done it. I still belive that Madeleines outing of the
Connaught diamond tiara at Victorias wedding was a last minute swap from one of the fringe tiaras.

If Victoria would wear a tiara she hasn't worn before i'd rather see her in the Estelle tiara or Princess Margaretas Aquamarine tiara (together with a mint green, dark brown or dark red dress the aquamarine would look fabolous).
  #1394  
Old 02-02-2015, 06:36 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,421
At Victoria's wedding the court website originally stated that Princess Madeleine is wearing "her own tiara", so I think she had planned to wear the modern fringe, not the the Baden fringe. It might have looked strange if she had worn Victoria's signature tiara, the Baden fringe, for Victoria's wedding.

I like your idea that Victoria should wear one tiara as a necklace, Hans-Rickard. Both the fringe and the laurel tiara make gorgeous necklaces. Imo, the laurel necklace is much, much better than it's tiara setting, especially with Victoria's hair. And it would be so nice if Princess Lilian were simbolically included in the wedding by wearing some of her jewels again.

My guess is, that only Princess Margretha might wear the aquamarine tiara at the wedding. Imo it would look a bit offending if Victoria wore it in her presence. It is a similar case as with the ruby tiara. Noone will wear it in the presence of Countess Marianne, if you ask me.

As for the cut steel tiaras, I think that the Crown Princess will reserve them for less important events, especially the small one. I think it will be diamonds for the wedding!

To be honest, I hope that as many ladies as possible wear tiaras which they haven't worn before. To finally see the pink tourmalines parure again would be so outstanding! But maybe it's another case of courtesy to the sellers, Countess Estelle's descendants might attend as well.

As for the Dutch representatives: I think that WA and Maxima very much enjoy to mix and mingle with their friends from the other Royal families. So I think they might attend, if their schedule allows time for it. But guessing Maxima's tiara choice is soooo difficult because she has so much to choose from.

Did any of the Bourbon-Parmas attend the Swedish weddings before? I don't remember seeing them. I really don't think that the Duchess of Parma will be there, although it would be lovely if she were.
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


  #1395  
Old 02-02-2015, 09:55 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I like your idea that Victoria should wear one tiara as a necklace, Hans-Rickard. Both the fringe and the laurel tiara make gorgeous necklaces. Imo, the laurel necklace is much, much better than it's tiara setting, especially with Victoria's hair. And it would be so nice if Princess Lilian were simbolically included in the wedding by wearing some of her jewels again.
I like your idea of one of the diamond tiara's (Fringe or Laurel) being used as a necklace, but I am not sure I have ever seen the Fringe used as a necklace. Query whether it is convertible at all?

The necklace I would love to see Victoria use is the Napoleanic emerald and diamond necklace. She has only used it once, and it would be lovely to see this used again sometime soon.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
As for the cut steel tiaras, I think that the Crown Princess will reserve them for less important events, especially the small one. I think it will be diamonds for the wedding!
I agree, I would be surprised if Victoria used a cut steel tiara at the wedding. I really like the larger cut-steel on her, less sure about the smaller one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
As for the Dutch representatives: I think that WA and Maxima very much enjoy to mix and mingle with their friends from the other Royal families. So I think they might attend, if their schedule allows time for it.
I would be surprised if WA & Max attended.
  #1396  
Old 02-02-2015, 10:06 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 1,008
Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
At Victoria's wedding the court website originally stated that Princess Madeleine is wearing "her own tiara", so I think she had planned to wear the modern fringe, not the the Baden fringe. It might have looked strange if she had worn Victoria's signature tiara, the Baden fringe, for Victoria's wedding.

I like your idea that Victoria should wear one tiara as a necklace, Hans-Rickard. Both the fringe and the laurel tiara make gorgeous necklaces. Imo, the laurel necklace is much, much better than it's tiara setting, especially with Victoria's hair. And it would be so nice if Princess Lilian were simbolically included in the wedding by wearing some of her jewels again.

My guess is, that only Princess Margretha might wear the aquamarine tiara at the wedding. Imo it would look a bit offending if Victoria wore it in her presence. It is a similar case as with the ruby tiara. Noone will wear it in the presence of Countess Marianne, if you ask me.

As for the cut steel tiaras, I think that the Crown Princess will reserve them for less important events, especially the small one. I think it will be diamonds for the wedding!

To be honest, I hope that as many ladies as possible wear tiaras which they haven't worn before. To finally see the pink tourmalines parure again would be so outstanding! But maybe it's another case of courtesy to the sellers, Countess Estelle's descendants might attend as well.

As for the Dutch representatives: I think that WA and Maxima very much enjoy to mix and mingle with their friends from the other Royal families. So I think they might attend, if their schedule allows time for it. But guessing Maxima's tiara choice is soooo difficult because she has so much to choose from.

Did any of the Bourbon-Parmas attend the Swedish weddings before? I don't remember seeing them. I really don't think that the Duchess of Parma will be there, although it would be lovely if she were.

Would indeed be great to see Baden fringe tiara or the large Cut steel tiara on her head and the laurel wreath tiara around her neck.

It probably depends on who owns the aquamarine tiara nowdays. Is it Princess Margareta and she wants to wear something else she may borrow it to someone but it will probably be untouched if it she doesn't wear it and it's true that she has sold it to her brother due to financial difficulties.

I don't think the large Cut steel is reserved for less important events as she uses it regularily for the Nobel Prize Award ceremony and Banquet wich together with the wedding is the most important event of the year for the royal family. But i understand how you mean. Let's hope as many diamond tiaras as possible will be in use.

Don't know about the Estelle Tiara. Her son Count Bertil Bernadotte will probably be among the guests but i think he expects it to be worn if he has sold his mothers tiara. He and Jill has no financial troubles as far as i know.


Always difficult to guess jewels for the dutch ladies. As it is not a wedding for the nr 3 in line to the throne i don't think any "big guns" will be used. Would be nice to have W-A and Maxima there but if they follow protocol when they send out invitations the dutch invitation will probably go to Constantijn and Laurentien or Princess Beatrix.
The only Foreign monarch i think will be there is Queen Margrethe II as she is Godmother to Carl-Philip.
  #1397  
Old 02-02-2015, 03:55 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I like your idea of one of the diamond tiara's (Fringe or Laurel) being used as a necklace, but I am not sure I have ever seen the Fringe used as a necklace. Query whether it is convertible at all?
Queen Victoria wore it as a necklace, so the Baden fringe must be convertible.
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


  #1398  
Old 02-04-2015, 03:35 AM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 8,243
If Queen Margrethe's birthday has 3 tiara events, then I predict Mary will wear all of the 3 tiaras she's worn so far, as she did at her 70th birthday celebrations. I doubt it but it would be great if Mary wore a tiara she's never worn before while she is still a Crown Princess.
  #1399  
Old 02-04-2015, 04:20 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 1,008
Probably all 3 for Mary. Hope Marie will use Flora Danica tiara atleast once. Pearls, Emeralds and Floral Aigrette for Margrethe.

I would love if Margrethe borrowed Mary the Greenlandic tiara and Mary borrowed Marie the Ruby tiara but i don't think that'll ever happen
  #1400  
Old 02-04-2015, 04:24 AM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 8,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Probably all 3 for Mary. Hope Marie will use Flora Danica tiara atleast once. Pearls, Emeralds and Floral Aigrette for Margrethe.

I would love if Margrethe borrowed Mary the Greenlandic tiara and Mary borrowed Marie the Ruby tiara but i don't think that'll ever happen
I would love to see Marie in the ruby tiara, but I doubt that will happen. I would also love if Mary wore Marie diamond floral tiara, but I somehow doubt that as well.
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 2: 2016 Tilia C. Royal Jewels General Discussion 493 Today 04:51 AM
Tiara's and jewels Queen Maxima might use IloveCP Royal Jewels General Discussion 41 03-29-2013 06:29 PM
Upcoming Royal Weddings: March 2008 - December 2010 HMTLove23 Royal Weddings General Discussion 72 01-02-2011 01:35 PM
Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events 1 : Dec.2002 - Oct.2003 Lorraine Current Events Archive 194 10-31-2003 03:31 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style countess of wessex's eveningwear coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events danish royal family duarte duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece jean kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes fashion queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 spanish queen state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:00 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises