The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1361  
Old 01-16-2015, 01:32 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Christmas Island
Posts: 5,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda View Post
Why would it be black tie when both of Carl Philip's sisters have had white tie weddings? It seems to me that the idea is coming from the thinking of some posters that Sofia is not worthy of the role she is taking on.
The wedding will be white tie and the guest list will be as royal and glittering as those at Victoria & Madelaines' nuptuals.
Black tie weddings are impossible. It is either jacquet, neat costume or white tie. Black tie is absolutely unsuitable for church. I know that in the US witness parties, best men or even the groom appear in black tie and that is really, really a no in my European eyes. There has never been a royal black tie wedding ceremony and Prince Carl Philip will not be the first to do so.

__________________

  #1362  
Old 01-16-2015, 01:59 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 1,005
Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events

Black tie weddings are not impossible but very rare.
What i meant (but used the wrong word for it) is that all Weddings that starts before 15 p.m in the Church of Sweden is considered morning weddings and does not have white tie dress code. Most common dresscode is morning dress (semi-formal or formal). That's what was used when the King and Queen married and when 3 of the Kings 4 sisters married. Only Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson had an afternoon wedding with white tie dresscode.
__________________

  #1363  
Old 01-16-2015, 02:46 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Christmas Island
Posts: 5,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Black tie weddings are not impossible but very rare.
What i meant (but used the wrong word for it) is that all Weddings that starts before 15 p.m in the Church of Sweden is considered morning weddings and does not have white tie dress code. Most common dresscode is morning dress (semi-formal or formal). That's what was used when the King and Queen married and when 3 of the Kings 4 sisters married. Only Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson had an afternoon wedding with white tie dresscode.
Black tie weddings are "impossible" in the meaning that I see no any serious royal or noble family doing this. Is there any example of a royal wedding ceremony with black tie as dresscode?

  #1364  
Old 01-16-2015, 02:59 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 1,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Black tie weddings are "impossible" in the meaning that I see no any serious royal or noble family doing this. Is there any example of a royal wedding ceremony with black tie as dresscode?


You are correct. It probably won't happen in the royal family. What i meant was it is a possible dresscode to use for anyone who wants. It happens from time to time that people use it as an alternative to white tie (atleast here in Sweden) though it is not common.
  #1365  
Old 01-16-2015, 03:08 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Black tie weddings are not impossible but very rare.
What i meant (but used the wrong word for it) is that all Weddings that starts before 15 p.m in the Church of Sweden is considered morning weddings and does not have white tie dress code. Most common dresscode is morning dress (semi-formal or formal). That's what was used when the King and Queen married and when 3 of the Kings 4 sisters married. Only Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson had an afternoon wedding with white tie dresscode.

The only difference is that for the Wedding of Princess Margaretha, Princess Birgitta and Princess Désirée the woman wore short gowns but at the Wedding of the King it was long gowns.
  #1366  
Old 01-16-2015, 03:33 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 1,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The only difference is that for the Wedding of Princess Margaretha, Princess Birgitta and Princess Désirée the woman wore short gowns but at the Wedding of the King it was long gowns.

Yes the sisters had "semi-formal" and the royal couple had "formal".
  #1367  
Old 01-18-2015, 01:13 AM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 8,231
Madeleine will be heavily pregnant by the time of the wedding, so maybe she will not go. If she does, I think she will wear her wedding tiara. I would love if she wore the amethyst tiara but it is said to be heavy and I doubt a heavily pregnant woman would wear such a tiara for hours. I also predict she will wear the aquamarine necklace and ring from Lilian, with the aquamarine earrings from her pre-wedding dinner.
  #1368  
Old 01-23-2015, 06:36 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,495
King Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia make a state visit to Finland on 3th-5th March. It is tricky to think about the tiara when there is the wedding in the summer. At the finnish state visit to Sweden was only one tiara dinner.
  #1369  
Old 01-23-2015, 06:54 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 1,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
King Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia make a state visit to Finland on 3th-5th March. It is tricky to think about the tiara when there is the wedding in the summer. At the finnish state visit to Sweden was only one tiara dinner.

She will likely pick one of her 3 favoutite tiaras (9prong, connaught and or sapphire). Don't think she'll use the Cameo set as she used it for the state visit to France in December.

I've noticed that there are usually 2 gala dinners when the state visit is in Finland (even the return dinner seems to be white tie) while in Sweden nowdays it is usually only the dinner at the Palace that is white tie and the return dinner has usually Black tie or formal dress as dresscode.
  #1370  
Old 01-23-2015, 10:11 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 449
I don't see why there not will be two tiara events. The tradition says so and I think we could expect that this time as well
  #1371  
Old 01-23-2015, 10:31 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,414
Two tiara dinners would be something to look forward to, and it somehow makes sense. The return dinner is hosted by the visiting country, so they determine the dress code. Afaik, the King usually sets the same dress code for the return dinner as used by the host for the State Banquet.


I would guess that the Queen will choose the 9 pronges and the Connaught tiara. Is there a chance the the CP couple will take part in the visit? That would mean more tiaras !
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


  #1372  
Old 01-23-2015, 12:03 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post

I've noticed that there are usually 2 gala dinners when the state visit is in Finland (even the return dinner seems to be white tie) while in Sweden nowdays it is usually only the dinner at the Palace that is white tie and the return dinner has usually Black tie or formal dress as dresscode.
The dress code of the return Dinner has to do with the dresscode for the State Banquet as the swedish Royal Couple usualla uses the same dresscode for ít as it was for the State Banquet. So if the State Banquet is white tie the return Dinner is also white tie etc.
  #1373  
Old 01-23-2015, 12:23 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 1,005
Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I would guess that the Queen will choose the 9 pronges and the Connaught tiara. Is there a chance the the CP couple will take part in the visit? That would mean more tiaras !

She mostly uses them for state visits to or from republics but for the last state visits to Finland she has used the Leuchtenberg sapphire tiara and earrings but without the necklase as she wears the chain of the order of the white rose (probably because its blue and white colours) so we have too wait and see.

No V and D will probably not follow them. That would have been announced by now if they did.
  #1374  
Old 01-23-2015, 02:22 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 1,005
Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events

For the upcoming dutch visit to Denmark we will likely see Queen Margrethe II in her Pearl Poiree Parure. Though i would love to see her use her Floral Aigrette Tiara.
I hope Maxima will wear one of her ruby tiaras. The mellerio ruby tiara or the peacock tiara = red and white like dannebrogen :)
  #1375  
Old 01-23-2015, 05:52 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
For the upcoming dutch visit to Denmark we will likely see Queen Margrethe II in her Pearl Parure. Though i would love to see her use her Floral Aigrette Tiara.
I hope Maxima will wear one of her ruby tiaras. The mellerio ruby tiara or the peacock tiara = red and white like dannebrogen :)
If she uses the Mellerio Ruby Parure i hope she brings out the big stomacher again and if she wears the Peackock ruby tiara i hope she wears it with the matching necklace. But i still hope she surprises us and brings out the Stuart tiara as it would perfectly match the Order of the Elephant.
As for Queen Margrethe i'm sure she will wear the Pearl Poiree tiara the Questin is if she will use the Rest of the Set also or if she pairs it with the Pearls from the Crown Jewels.
  #1376  
Old 01-23-2015, 07:40 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 1,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
If she uses the Mellerio Ruby Parure i hope she brings out the big stomacher again and if she wears the Peackock ruby tiara i hope she wears it with the matching necklace. But i still hope she surprises us and brings out the Stuart tiara as it would perfectly match the Order of the Elephant.
As for Queen Margrethe i'm sure she will wear the Pearl Poiree tiara the Questin is if she will use the Rest of the Set also or if she pairs it with the Pearls from the Crown Jewels.

That would be great. Especially the peacock tail motif parure is one of my top 3 favourite Ruby parures out there.

If Maxima surprises us and uses the Stuart Diamond Parure ,maybe we also can hope for Margrethe to surprise us and use the emerald parure from the crown jewels. I know they can't be taken out of the country but has she ever used them to a state visit in Denmark ?
  #1377  
Old 01-24-2015, 02:48 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
That would be great. Especially the peacock tail motif parure is one of my top 3 favourite Ruby parures out there.

If Maxima surprises us and uses the Stuart Diamond Parure ,maybe we also can hope for Margrethe to surprise us and use the emerald parure from the crown jewels. I know they can't be taken out of the country but has she ever used them to a state visit in Denmark ?

Yes the emeralds have been worn for incoming State Visits to Denmark by Queen Margrethe. But not as often as her other Jewels. But i still think she will wear the pearl tiara because it once belonged to a dutch Princess.
  #1378  
Old 01-24-2015, 06:50 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Christmas Island
Posts: 5,923
The mother-of-all-surprises for me: both Queen Margrethe II as well Queen Máxima wearing the twin-diadems, once worn by their predecessors, the sisters-in-law Louise and Marianne.... Wow, what a spectacle would that be!

The first Pearl Poiré Diadem was created for Princess Louise of the Netherlands born Princess of Prussia. This one ended in the Danish royal collection. Another identical Pearl Poiré Diadem was created for Princess Marianne of Prussia born Princess of the Netherlands. Apparently this “twin diadem” was inherited by her descendants of the princely Reuss family, but its current whereabouts are unclear.

This is the "missing" one:
HRH Princess Marianne of Prussia born Princess of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau (1810-1883) with her Pearl Poiré Diadem

and her daughter HRH Princess Alexandrine of Prussia (142-1906), with the same diadem: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...vanpruisen.jpg

Possible route of the diadem:

Marianne Prinses der Nederlanden, Prinses van Oranje-Nassau (1810-1883)
x Albrecht Prinz von Preussen (1809-1872)
= Alexandrine

Alexandrine Prinzessin von Preussen (1842-1906)
x Wilhelm Herzog von Mecklenburg-Schwerin (1827-1879)
= Charlotte

Charlotte Herzogin von Mecklenburg-Schwerin (1868-1944)

x Heinrich XVIII Prinz Reuß jüngere Linie (1847-1911)
= Heinrich XXXVII

Heinrich XXXVII Prinz Reuß jüngere Linie (1888-1964)
x Stephanie Clemm von Hohenberg (1900-1990)
= Henrich XI Licco

Heinrich XI Licco Prinz Reuß jüngere Linie (*1934)
x Ulfa Freiin von Dörnberg (*1935)


  #1379  
Old 01-25-2015, 05:52 PM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 8,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
King Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia make a state visit to Finland on 3th-5th March. It is tricky to think about the tiara when there is the wedding in the summer. At the finnish state visit to Sweden was only one tiara dinner.
I think the Queen will wear the Nine Prong tiara and if there is another tiara event, the ruby tiara.
  #1380  
Old 01-26-2015, 06:50 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Yes the emeralds have been worn for incoming State Visits to Denmark by Queen Margrethe. But not as often as her other Jewels. But i still think she will wear the pearl tiara because it once belonged to a dutch Princess.
Queen Margrethe has seldom used the emerald parure for State Visits, but she did sometimes, eg. in 1995 for the Belgian visit. The emeralds belong to the crown jewels and are exhibited as Rosenborg castle, and the Queen feels that they shouldn't taken away from the exhibit too often.

This year the Queen celebrates her 75th birthday and I think that she'll wear the emeralds at an official birthday gala, so she'll probably not use them shortly before that for the State Visit. Also, has many have said before, the pearl tiara has a strong historical link to the Netherlands, it's therefore most likely that Margrethe will wear the pearls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The mother-of-all-surprises for me: both Queen Margrethe II as well Queen Máxima wearing the twin-diadems, once worn by their predecessors, the sisters-in-law Louise and Marianne.... Wow, what a spectacle would that be!

The first Pearl Poiré Diadem was created for Princess Louise of the Netherlands born Princess of Prussia. This one ended in the Danish royal collection. Another identical Pearl Poiré Diadem was created for Princess Marianne of Prussia born Princess of the Netherlands. Apparently this “twin diadem” was inherited by her descendants of the princely Reuss family, but its current whereabouts are unclear.

This is the "missing" one:
HRH Princess Marianne of Prussia born Princess of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau (1810-1883) with her Pearl Poiré Diadem

and her daughter HRH Princess Alexandrine of Prussia (142-1906), with the same diadem: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...vanpruisen.jpg

...
It's not clear whether the other tiara still exist. Iirc, some years ago some pearl drops appeared at aucion, which were rumoured to originate from this very tiara. I also find it unlikely that the King would buy jewels that once belonged to Princess Marianne, when they have so many historical jewels that had belonged to previous Queens. But you never know, and one can dream. To see it again would be a sensational surprise indeed!
__________________

__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


Closed Thread

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 2: 2016 Tilia C. Royal Jewels General Discussion 467 12-03-2016 12:57 PM
Tiara's and jewels Queen Maxima might use IloveCP Royal Jewels General Discussion 41 03-29-2013 06:29 PM
Upcoming Royal Weddings: March 2008 - December 2010 HMTLove23 Royal Weddings General Discussion 72 01-02-2011 01:35 PM
Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events 1 : Dec.2002 - Oct.2003 Lorraine Current Events Archive 194 10-31-2003 03:31 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style christening of prince alexander coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll fashion suggestions gothia cup grand duke jean greece hereditary grand duchess stéphanie's fashion & style kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania casual outfit royal fashion september 2016 sheikha moza state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:11 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises