The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 06:17 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I think Silvia will wear the sapphire tiara at the wedding. I doubt she will the Nine Prong tiara at 2 of her children's weddings. Interesting that she seems to have never worn it to a wedding. Silvia herself said that the tiara is easy to transport and not heavy. It would be great if she wore the tiara for the first time at a wedding at her son's.
I agree, I think she will wear the Leuchtenberg sapphires to the wedding.

In the event that she decides not to, I would like to see her wear the emeralds with the Connaught tiara.

Old 01-09-2015, 08:46 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Many seems to be sure that Silvia will be wearing the Leuchtenberg Sapphires to the wedding this summer (given it is a white tie event) but i am not sure about that. As far as i know she has never worn the Sapphires to a wedding.

I am sure, she will wear the Leuchtenberg.
Here we are not talking about ANY Royal Wedding, but the one of her child, so we can only compare it with the other weddings of her children.

And I think, I have seen her "pattern of thinking":
- Braganza = most important Tiara = Wedding of the Heir to the Throne, Victoria
- Leuchtenberg = second most important Tiara = Wedding of the second child, Carl-Philipp
- 9 Prong = 3rd most important Tiara = Wedding of the third child, Madeleine

This is why my 100% bet goes to the Leuchtenberg
Bye Bine

Old 01-09-2015, 05:37 PM
Serene Highness

Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events

Maybe you are right. However don't forget the Cameo tiara. I would place it as nr 3 among the tiaras and the Nine prong tiara as nr 4.

Wouldn't it be a nice surprise if Silvia or Victoria showed up wearing the Estelle Bernadotte Parure if they have it in the vaults. I really want that to be true and want to see that tiara in colour.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:52 PM
Majesty

What do you think of the chances of Victoria wearing the ruby tiara at the wedding? I think she will wear a "new" tiara as she and Madeleine wore a tiara they never worn before at each others weddings.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
What do you think of the chances of Victoria wearing the ruby tiara at the wedding? I think she will wear a "new" tiara as she and Madeleine wore a tiara they never worn before at each others weddings.

Would be interesting to see Victoria use the Connaught Ruby Tiara. They use it rarely. Many people remember Count Sigvard Bernadottes bitternes and court case to try to get the tiara back. I think it's out of respect for Countess Marianne Bernadotte, the Widow of Count Sigvard that they chose to not use it on high profile events. When she is not with us anymore i think they will start use it more frequently.
I wish the Queen would pair it with the scarab necklase but i think it's more likely that it will happen at a representation dinner than at a royal wedding.

I would love to see her in the Nine Prong Tiara too but that depends on if it suits her head as it is not flexible like the other tiaras, if the Queen wants to borrow it to Victoria (don't think that would be a problem as she borrowed it to Birgitta at Victorias wedding) and what the Queen herself will be wearing as the second lady should not outshine the first lady.

I'm still not sure wether Madeleines use of the Connaught Diamond Tiara at Victorias wedding was planned or a last minute change. The unusual
grand occasion indicates it may have been planned but Madeleines hairstyle indicates (in my eyes) that it was a last minute change. Her hairstyle did not match that tiara at all in my eyes but would have matched both the fringe tiaras perfectly.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:19 PM
Majesty

I have to agree with you about Madeleine's hairstyle not suiting the Connaught however, I dont think striped hair would look particularly good with any tiara.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I have to agree with you about Madeleine's hairstyle not suiting the Connaught however, I dont think striped hair would look particularly good with any tiara.

It was a very strange hairstyle indeed. It did not look good at all (in my eyes).
Old 01-10-2015, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

At Victoria's wedding the court website at first wrote that Madeleine wears her own tiara. This information was later deleted. So that would strenghten the theory that it was a last minute decision that Madeleine should wear the Connaught.

Old 01-10-2015, 09:04 AM
Gentry

Sweden has a jewel foundation,no? There's no reason to give Sophia a tiara. She will just select from what is left after the others make their choice
Old 01-10-2015, 09:26 AM
Gentry

As regards the Swedish Royal wedding, I think HM the Q will wear something important. Maybe not the Brangaza tiara, but the second most valuable, the Leuchtenberg tiara. It's important but not the best in her collection. The sapphire tiara is just right for the third in line to the throne. I suspect the Crown Princess will wear the double laurel wreath tiara. Princess Madeline will probably wear her modern fringe but I would love to see her in the Connaught tiara or the amethyst even though I've always thought it looks better as a necklace. I think Sophia will want to go Big and Show-y and wear a fringe tiara that says "Look at me! I'm a Princess!" Personally I think all the Button Tiaras should stay home. I would be happy if they were all made into brooches and used to hold down the sashes, either in the front or back or both.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:19 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by reen View Post
Sweden has a jewel foundation,no? There's no reason to give Sophia a tiara. She will just select from what is left after the others make their choice
There is two jewelry foundations actually Plus that the Kind owns some tiaras himself.

And I don't think it is that easy that she can pick up what's left. You're right can't be given any of the tiaras in the foundations, but she will still have an potential access to all tiaras. I hardly think that they stand in line (in rank) and choose tiaras I think it's a chill discussion and decision among the Royal ladies. On the other hand there are special tiaras reserved for the Queen, and those who could be seen as reserved for the Crown Princess, but I actually don't think that the Crown Princess would mind to share one of "her" tiaras once.

When it comes to the wedding and her wedding tiara, she will most probably be first in line to choose tiara. The desicion which tiaras she will wear will be will discussed with Sofia and the King and Queen (and maybe Carl Philip).
Old 01-10-2015, 04:56 PM
Serene Highness

There is still a chance that they may have a Black tie wedding like the King and three of his sisters had. Then there will be just one tiara and lots of Jacquettes and hats. But if they chose a Black tie wedding it will likely mean that they will have a white tie gala dinner the evening before.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:53 PM
Serene Highness

If the wedding of Carl Philip and Sofia is a white tie event, what can we expect from Foreign royals ?

Queen Margrethe II of Denmark (Godmother of Carl Philip) : I would love to see her using the Floral Aigrette Tiara in the setting she had at Frederik and Marys wedding in 2004. But she has lots of great jewels. I'm happy as long as she leaves her golden tiaras at home

Crown Princess Mary of Denmark : As she took the Ruby Tiara to Victorias wedding and the Midnight Tiara to Madeleines wedding, she'll probably take her wedding this time i guess.

Princess Marie of Denmark (if she attends) : I would love to see her in the Flora Danica Tiara.

Queen Sonja of Norway (if she attends) : If Harald and Sonja is there, i think she'll use the replica of Queen Maud's Pearl and Diamond Tiara. Or maybe she'll use Princess Ragnhilds Diamond Tiara.

Crown Princess Mette Marit : I hope she'll take her Amethyst Necklase Tiara. Some people hate it, I love it.

Princess Märtha-Louise : I wish she could borrow the Vasa Tiara of Princess Astrid.

If Princess Astrid herself is there she can use her antennas :-D

I don't know wether the Benelux royals will be there. I guess at least Gulliaume and Stephanie will attend. Would love to see Maxima use her Sapphires or Rubies. Don't know if Edward and Sophie will attend this time as the wedding day collides with the Trooping the Colour ceremony.

Prince Leopold of Bavaria (godfather of Prince Carl Philip) and his family will probably be there.
Old 01-12-2015, 05:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
There is still a chance that they may have a Black tie wedding like the King and three of his sisters had. Then there will be just one tiara and lots of Jacquettes and hats. But if they chose a Black tie wedding it will likely mean that they will have a white tie gala dinner the evening before.
Why would it be black tie when both of Carl Philip's sisters have had white tie weddings? It seems to me that the idea is coming from the thinking of some posters that Sofia is not worthy of the role she is taking on.
The wedding will be white tie and the guest list will be as royal and glittering as those at Victoria & Madelaines' nuptuals.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda View Post
Why would it be black tie when both of Carl Philip's sisters have had white tie weddings? It seems to me that the idea is coming from the thinking of some posters that Sofia is not worthy of the role she is taking on.

The wedding will be white tie and the guest list will be as royal and glittering as those at Victoria & Madelaines' nuptuals.

Excuse me ??? I haven't said anything that i would be against Sofia marrying Prince Carl Philip !!!

I'm looking forward to 13:th June as much as you do wether it is a white tie or a black tie event. I just pointed out the possibility that the wedding may be Black tie as long as we don't know anything else and as there have been many Black tie weddings in the Swedish Royal House. All weddings that starts before 15
P.M is considered Black tie weddings in the Church of Sweden.
I don't understand how you get this to that i would be against Sofia marrying Carl Philip wich I am not !!! I just pointed out a possibility.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:46 AM
Majesty

I can't wait to see the aquamarines Madeleine received from Lilian. I hope she will wear them at the wedding.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:35 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I can't wait to see the aquamarines Madeleine received from Lilian. I hope she will wear them at the wedding.

Maybe we can also hope to see how the diadem of white gold, diamonds and steel looks like that Victoria inherited from Lilian.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Maybe we can also hope to see how the diadem of white gold, diamonds and steel looks like that Victoria inherited from Lilian.
I fear that is tiara is dead ugly . That's about the best reason to explain that Princess Lillian has never worn it.

Old 01-13-2015, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Excuse me ??? I haven't said anything that i would be against Sofia marrying Prince Carl Philip !!!

I'm looking forward to 13:th June as much as you do wether it is a white tie or a black tie event. I just pointed out the possibility that the wedding may be Black tie as long as we don't know anything else and as there have been many Black tie weddings in the Swedish Royal House. All weddings that starts before 15
P.M is considered Black tie weddings in the Church of Sweden.
I don't understand how you get this to that i would be against Sofia marrying Carl Philip wich I am not !!! I just pointed out a possibility.

But if where a Wedding in the morning or around noon i think the dresscode would be morning suit so Cutaways for the men and short gowns with hats for the woman. At none swedish Wedding the men have worn Smoiking like for black tie. But i guess that like his siters Weddings the Wedding will be in the early afternoon and with a big Dinner and Ball afterwards and therefore be white tie.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I fear that is tiara is dead ugly . That's about the best reason to explain that Princess Lillian has never worn it.

It's a mystery indeed. Not even the royal experts at internet are sure what it is and if we may have seen without thinking about it.

Maybe she has worn it as a necklase and we haven't thought about it. Maybe she chosed to wear it only to Private family events. No one knows.

I hope it is a convertible diadem/necklase so we may see Victoria wear both this piece and the laurel wreath tiara at the same time. The combination of steel, white gold and diamonds sounds to me like it could be a very nice piece. I don't think Lilian would have left it to any member of the swedish royal family (definitely not to Victoria) if she thought it was a dead ugly piece.

Closed Thread

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara