The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Here are my thoughts about the Swedish Wedding:

H.M The Queen : The combination of the ruby tiara with the scarab necklace seems to be a very popular wish on this board and I too would love to see it, but not for the wedding. I’d prefer the stunning sapphire tiara or, tata... the pink tourmaline parure (I really want to know which family now owns it: Norway or Sweden? I want to see it.)

H.R.H The Crown Princess : Here I believe that she will wear the laurel tiara of Princess Lilian again, as a tribute to that beloved family member. Prince Carl Philip too was close to Lilian, and he’d surely like a memento of her at his wedding.

H.R.H Princess Sofia (as I don’t think that they’ll refer to her as Duchess, that’s more the British approach): Here I too think that she’ll wear the Connaught tiara.

H.R.H The Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland (Madeleine) : I would like to see her with something other than the standard modern fringe tiara. (But please not one of the buttons!) She looked great with the amethyst tiara, so that would by a great choice.

Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson : I’m bored of seeing her in the 6-buttons tiara again and again. And I don’t think that anyone will wear the aquamarine tiara at an event where Princess Margareta is present. I’d like to see her with the amethyst tiara, but unfortunately I already gave that one to Madeleine. Maybe they could split it up, having two half circles instead of one full circlet? The full circlet is difficult to place anyway.

Princess Desirée Baroness Silfverschiöld : She has full hair and would probably look great with the nine prongs tiara.

H.R.H Princess Birgitta : I agree with Hans-Rickard, it’s time that she wears the Baden fringe.

Princess Margareta Mrs Ambler : I hope she’ll wear the aquamarine parure again.

Old 12-19-2014, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Here are my thoughts about the Swedish Wedding:

H.M The Queen : The combination of the ruby tiara with the scarab necklace seems to be a very popular wish on this board and I too would love to see it, but not for the wedding. I’d prefer the stunning sapphire tiara or, tata... the pink tourmaline parure (I really want to know which family now owns it: Norway or Sweden? I want to see it.)

H.R.H The Crown Princess : Here I believe that she will wear the laurel tiara of Princess Lilian again, as a tribute to that beloved family member. Prince Carl Philip too was close to Lilian, and he’d surely like a memento of her at his wedding.

H.R.H Princess Sofia (as I don’t think that they’ll refer to her as Duchess, that’s more the British approach): Here I too think that she’ll wear the Connaught tiara.

H.R.H The Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland (Madeleine) : I would like to see her with something other than the standard modern fringe tiara. (But please not one of the buttons!) She looked great with the amethyst tiara, so that would by a great choice.

Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson : I’m bored of seeing her in the 6-buttons tiara again and again. And I don’t think that anyone will wear the aquamarine tiara at an event where Princess Margareta is present. I’d like to see her with the amethyst tiara, but unfortunately I already gave that one to Madeleine. Maybe they could split it up, having two half circles instead of one full circlet? The full circlet is difficult to place anyway.

Princess Desirée Baroness Silfverschiöld : She has full hair and would probably look great with the nine prongs tiara.

H.R.H Princess Birgitta : I agree with Hans-Rickard, it’s time that she wears the Baden fringe.

Princess Margareta Mrs Ambler : I hope she’ll wear the aquamarine parure again.
That what i think:
Queen Silvia: the leuchtenberg sapphires
Crown Princess Victoria: the nine pronge tiara
Princess Madeleine: the baden fringe tiara

Princess Birgitta: the Cut steel tiara (the big one)
Princess Margaretha: the six button tiara
Princess Désirée: the Connaught tiara
Princess Christina: the amethyst Set. i think the tiara would look great in her white hair

that leaves for Sofia the four button tiara or the Cameo tiara which would be nice as traditonal Wedding tiara but im undecided if i really want her seeing wear it.

Then everyone with the exception of Queen Silvia would wear a tiara which they have not worn before.
Tilia i doubt the will split the amethyst circlet as that would mean that it can't be converted to a necklace again. I would actually like to see it worn as necklace once again.

Old 12-19-2014, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

What can we expect for the next tiara Event whioch will be the New Years Court in Denmark on 01.01.2015
Queen Margrethe: i think she will wear either the pearl poiree tiara or the Naasut tiara but as the Pearls will most likely be worn at the dutch State Visit i think the Naasut tiara. I only wonder whth which necklace. Dont think the pearl necklace from the Crown jewels matched to good with it but she has a pearl neklace with small rubies and golden motivs in it which she got from Prince Henrik for her Silver Wedding. I think this would look good with it.
Crown Princess Mary: as always the ruby tiara i only wonder how she will wear the necklace or if she will wear it not at all
Princess Marie: the dimaond floral tiara.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

Stefan, I also doubt that they will split the amethyst tiara. I just liked to play with the idea. But it really is not realistic.

If everybody were to wear a certain tiara for the first time, than I would like to see CP Victoria with the ruby tiara instead of the nine prongs.

For the Danish New Years Court it is easy to guess Mary (rubies) and Marie (floral). For Queen Margrethe my guess is either the Naasut tiara or the floral aigrette. I don't remember if she has ever worn the Baden palmette tiara for the New Years Court, but it seems that she keeps it for smaller event.

Old 12-19-2014, 06:10 PM
Nobility

Tiara event coming up in Sweden. Or on February 11th, with the Queen and Crown Princess to attend. That could be the only tiara event before the wedding in June. Due to the Government crisis and upcoming new election on March 22nd I doubt we will see any state visit the first six months.

The Queen:
Probably: The Nine Prong
Wish: The Ruby Tiara

The Crown Princess:
Probably: One of the Cut Steel Tiaras
Wish: The Diamond Riviere Tiara
Old 12-22-2014, 01:09 AM
Majesty

I would love if Masako wore the Imperial Chrysanthemum Tiara at her future enthronement. I think it's perfect for the occasion.

I saw the tiaras worn at the current Emperor's enthronement and most of the royals wore some of their grandest tiaras!
Old 12-29-2014, 05:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
The Dutch visit will have 2 tiara events?
Yes most probably. Or less. There will not be three tiara events however. King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima is paying a visit to Schleswig Holstein and Hamburg on the last day of the state visit to Denmark.
Old 12-30-2014, 03:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

If queen Silvia wears the Leuchtenberg Sapphire Tiara at Carl Philip's wedding, it would be lovely if Victoria would wear the Cameo Tiara, to give us memories about her unforgettable wedding day almost five years ago.
Old 12-30-2014, 10:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
If queen Silvia wears the Leuchtenberg Sapphire Tiara at Carl Philip's wedding, it would be lovely if Victoria would wear the Cameo Tiara, to give us memories about her unforgettable wedding day almost five years ago.
I would b surprised if Victoria wore the Cameo Tiara at the wedding next summer. If I am not mistaken, that tiara is only worn by brides on their wedding day and by the Queen.
Old 12-30-2014, 11:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I would b surprised if Victoria wore the Cameo Tiara at the wedding next summer. If I am not mistaken, that tiara is only worn by brides on their wedding day and by the Queen.
Since the king and queen don't care at all about traditions regarding miss Hellqvist, they could also change the possible policy and let Victoria wear the Cameo tiara on this day so close to her fifth wedding anniversary. The next bride wearing the Cameo Tiara should be Estelle. But I'm also happy if Victoria wears the Laurel Wreath tiara again.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:05 AM
Serene Highness

Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events

I doubt they will give her a tiara but i wouldn't mind if they give Sofia the 4 button tiara. I don't want to see Victoria or Madeleine use it anymore and i would defenitely not miss it if it leaves the vault.
If they do it i belive a tiara will be gifted to Carl Philip for his wife to use and not to her directly due to the risk of divorce etc.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
I doubt they will give her a tiara but i wouldn't mind if they give Sofia the 4 button tiara. I don't want to see Victoria or Madeleine use it anymore and i would defenitely not miss it if it leaves the vault.
If they do it i belive a tiara will be gifted to Carl Philip for his wife to use and not to her directly due to the risk of divorce etc.
Both buttons tiaras are part of the Bernadotte Foundation. They can't be given away. So there is no chance of "getting rid of it" that way .

Old 01-02-2015, 11:07 AM
Serene Highness

Ok i suspected that. Otherwise it would have been a good solution.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:40 AM
Majesty

As Tatiana wore tiara on her wedding day, I would love if Charlotte wore her mother's Cartier Pearl Drop tiara at her wedding. If Beatrice marries Pierre, I would also love to see her wear it, or Tatiana's wedding tiara.
Old 01-05-2015, 05:40 AM
Heir Apparent

For the State Visit by the Dutch royal couple to Denmark, the Danish Jewels will be relatively predicatble:
- HM Queen Margrethe II: the Pearl Poíré Diadem with matching pearls-and-diamonds jewelry (the diadem has a Dutch origin)
- HRH The Crown Princess: the Ruby Parure in grandest setting
- HRH Princess Marie: her usual jewels

For Queen Máxima of the Netherlands it remains unclear what she will wear. Queen Beatrix wore Princess Juliana's aquamarine parure, which matches perfectly well with the lightblue sash of the Elephant Order but is on itself a not too impressive parure. Maybe Queen Máxima will mix a diamond diadem (the Bandeau with the large rose-cut diamonds) with a diamond rivière and a diamond sévigné (bow brooch) but then with aquamarine pendants attached to the rivière and to the sévigné to match the Order.

I think the mighty "New Crown Parure" (with the Stuart Diadem) will remain in the cassettes.

Picture 1 - the Danish and the Dutch royal couples before the State Banquet

Picture 2 - the Danish and the Dutch royal couples during the State Banquet
Old 01-08-2015, 12:27 PM
Serene Highness

Many seems to be sure that Silvia will be wearing the Leuchtenberg Sapphires to the wedding this summer (given it is a white tie event) but i am not sure about that. As far as i know she has never worn the Sapphires to a wedding. At the royal wedding in Frederiksborgs Palace outside Copenhagen in 1995 she wore the controvercial Edward VII Ruby Tiara wich made her husbands uncle Count Sigvard Bernadotte very angry. At the royal wedding in Oslo in 2001 she took the Nine prong tiara and paired it with a Diamond collier and the Vasa earrings. And at Frederik and Marys wedding in Copenhagen in 2004 when i really thought she would wear the sapphires (Princess Sibylla wore the Sapphire Parure to Margrethe and Henris wedding in 1967) but she surprised us all and took the amethyst parure instead. I have no idea what she may choose this summer. As i have said earlier I'm hoping for the Ruby tiara paired with the egyptian scarab necklase. But i think the Nine prong tiara paired with the pink topaz demi parure or the Bernadotte Emerald demi Parure are more likely options. Given it is a white tie event ofcourse wich i really hope. But i will not be dissapointed if she surprises me and shows up in the Sapphires.

I don't think the Cameo tiara will be used unless Sofia uses it. If Silvia or anyone else would use it, it would take attention from the bride and groom, especially if it is used by a lady who wore the Cameo tiara to her wedding day and they will never allow it to happen.

For the representation dinners she will probably alternate between the Nine prong tiara and the connaught diamond tiara as usual. Let's hope for an incoming state visit from a monarchy too so we may see the Braganza big gun again :)
Old 01-08-2015, 12:38 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Many seems to be sure that Silvia will be wearing the Leuchtenberg Sapphires to the wedding this summer (given it is a white tie event) but i am not sure about that. As far as i know she has never worn the Sapphires to a wedding. At the royal wedding in Frederiksborgs Palace outside Copenhagen in 1995 she wore the controvercial Edward VII Ruby Tiara wich made her husbands uncle Count Sigvard Bernadotte very angry. At the royal wedding in Oslo in 2001 she took the Nine prong tiara and paired it with a Diamond collier and the Vasa earrings. And at Frederik and Marys wedding in Copenhagen in 2004 when i really thought she would wear the sapphires (Princess Sibylla wore the Sapphire Parure to Margrethe and Henris wedding in 1967) but she surprised us all and took the amethyst parure instead. I have no idea what she may choose this summer. As i have said earlier I'm hoping for the Ruby tiara paired with the egyptian scarab necklase. But i think the Nine prong tiara paired with the pink topaz demi parure or the Bernadotte Emerald demi Parure are more likely options. Given it is a white tie event ofcourse wich i really hope. But i will not be dissapointed if she surprises me and shows up in the Sapphires.

I don't think the Cameo tiara will be used unless Sofia uses it. If Silvia or anyone else would use it, it would take attention from the bride and groom, especially if it is used by a lady who wore the Cameo tiara to her wedding day and they will never allow it to happen.

For the representation dinners she will probably alternate between the Nine prong tiara and the connaught diamond tiara as usual. Let's hope for an incoming state visit from a monarchy too so we may see the Braganza big gun again :)
It would be great to see Queen Silvia in the emeralds again, either at the Dutch state visit or the wedding.
Old 01-08-2015, 03:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
It would be great to see Queen Silvia in the emeralds again, either at the Dutch state visit or the wedding.

You mean if we have a dutch state visit to Sweden or when ? Haven't heard the Swedish RF / Government announced any incoming or outgoing state visit for 2015 so far.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:08 PM
Majesty

Quote:

I think Silvia will wear the sapphire tiara at the wedding. I doubt she will the Nine Prong tiara at 2 of her children's weddings. Interesting that she seems to have never worn it to a wedding. Silvia herself said that the tiara is easy to transport and not heavy. It would be great if she wore the tiara for the first time at a wedding at her son's.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
You mean if we have a dutch state visit to Sweden or when ? Haven't heard the Swedish RF / Government announced any incoming or outgoing state visit for 2015 so far.
I am sorry I confused it will the upcoming Dutch state visit to Denmark.

Closed Thread

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara