The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaNL View Post
It will be glamourous and glittering I think! We'll probably have 5 tiaras around: Queen Máxima, Queen Margrethe, Crownprincess Mary, Princess Marie and Princess Benedikte. Awesome!
With some good luck it might be even 6: Princess Elisabeth might attend as well.

Old 11-29-2014, 01:52 PM
Serene Highness

Also in Denmark it's still not that unusual for aristocratic ladies to wear tiaras at court functions so that will add to the sparkle bonanza. The good old days are still around at the court of the glorious Queen Daisy :)

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 11-29-2014, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Also in Denmark it's still not that unusual for aristocratic ladies to wear tiaras at court functions so that will add to the sparkle bonanza. The good old days are still around at the court of the glorious Queen Daisy :)
But have you ever seen aristcratic ladies attending state banquets in Denmark? I have only ever seen pictures of them attending weddings or birthday galas.
Old 11-30-2014, 06:52 PM
Majesty

If the Dutch visit is a tiara event, here are my guesses:

Maxima: Rose Cut tiara
Margrethe: Emerald tiara
Mary: Wedding tiara
Marie: Wedding tiara
Old 11-30-2014, 09:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
But have you ever seen aristcratic ladies attending state banquets in Denmark? I have only ever seen pictures of them attending weddings or birthday galas.

Yes I have. Many state banquets are partly shown on TV so there's a good chance for looking at the guests which most often include courtiers, people in politics, finance, the army and other prominentiae of whom several ladies wears tiaras or other head ornaments.

Old 12-01-2014, 04:57 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
If the Dutch visit is a tiara event, here are my guesses:

Maxima: Rose Cut tiara
Margrethe: Emerald tiara
Mary: Wedding tiara
Marie: Wedding tiara
I think you may see Max wear one of the ruby tiaras. Personally, I would love for her to use the sapphire tiara from the inauguration.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:06 AM
Serene Highness

Q Margrethe - Floral Aigrete Tiara
Q Maxima - Mellerio Ruby Tiara
P Mary - Danish Ruby Set
P Marie - Wedding Tiara
Old 12-01-2014, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yes I have. Many state banquets are partly shown on TV so there's a good chance for looking at the guests which most often include courtiers, people in politics, finance, the army and other prominentiae of whom several ladies wears tiaras or other head ornaments.
Great! I have never had the chance to see these banquets and had to rely on the pictures that were published. Some of the Danish nobels have great tiaras and jewels and it would be nice to see more of them. Maybe in the future someone will be able to post some screen-shots from the tv reports?

Next year Queen Margrethe II will turn 75. I so much hope for a big birthday reception for her. When Prince Henrik turned 75 there was a tiara event for him. So the Queen should have one as well. (Although there was no tiara event for Henrik's 80th birthday, which was quite a disappointment for me.)

For the Dutch-Danish State Visit, first night:
Maxima: rubies because of the Danish colours(I prefer the peacock tiara!)
Margrethe: pearl poire tiara, because of it's dutch history
Mary: rubies
Marie: wedding tiara
Benedikte: Berleburg fringe

2nd night:
Maxima: some new surprise from the vault? Another set of jewels on the base of the pearl button tiara? A bracelet on a frame?... Please, surprise me!!!
Margrethe: floral aigrette
Mary: wedding tiara with pearls
Marie: lily tiara
Benedikte: star tiara
Old 12-01-2014, 05:02 PM
Majesty

The Dutch visit will have 2 tiara events? If so here are my guesses again (in no specific order) :

Maxima: Rose Cut tiara and Mellerio Ruby tiara
Margrethe: Pearl Poire tiara and Floral tiara
Mary: Ruby tiara and wedding tiara
Marie: Wedding tiara and Flora Danica tiara
Old 12-01-2014, 05:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Great! I have never had the chance to see these banquets and had to rely on the pictures that were published. Some of the Danish nobels have great tiaras and jewels and it would be nice to see more of them. Maybe in the future someone will be able to post some screen-shots from the tv reports?
I'll sit in front of the tv taking bad photos with my crappy iPhone lol

Old 12-01-2014, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I'll sit in front of the tv taking bad photos with my crappy iPhone lol

You are a treasure! I'll hold you to that .
Maybe I should ask you to watch on the computer screen and use the print button. In the end that's easier and of better quality.

Gosh... I'm really demanding when it comes to tiaras. Completely obsessed.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Silvia doesn't wear a tiara at the gala dinner in France. The dress code, the men are wearing suits.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Old 12-02-2014, 02:30 PM
Courtier

You got to hand it to the Queen for trying to add a little glitter to this otherwise unimpressive event despite the dress code....I guess her using the Cameos tonight means she'll use the sapphires next week for the first evening of the nobel events
Old 12-02-2014, 02:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
The Dutch visit will have 2 tiara events? If so here are my guesses again (in no specific order) :
The dates at the 17th-19th and if we can judge by the Swedish State Visit in 2007, there is a possibility of three tiara events. But nothing's confirmed yet.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Brockdorf View Post
You got to hand it to the Queen for trying to add a little glitter to this otherwise unimpressive event despite the dress code....I guess her using the Cameos tonight means she'll use the sapphires next week for the first evening of the nobel events
Very likely as in the last years she has worn either the sapphires or the ine prionge tiara to the Nobels. don't think she will wear the Connaught tiara as she has worn it last week. I still hope she will once wear the ruby tiara for Nobel and pair it with the scarab necklace.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:41 PM
Majesty

I hope Silvia will wear the sapphire tiara at the Nobel Prizes. I also hope Victoria will not wear the button tiaras. She wore at the 2 tiaras at the past 2 Nobel events she attended. I assume the reason why Victoria always wear the button tiaras and the two cut steel tiaras is because they are more lighter and comfortable to wear compared the Baden Fringe and amethyst tiaras.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
You are a treasure! I'll hold you to that .
Maybe I should ask you to watch on the computer screen and use the print button. In the end that's easier and of better quality.

Gosh... I'm really demanding when it comes to tiaras. Completely obsessed.

I would if I knew what and where the print button was?!
In the words of my dear and departed grandfather "A lady can never be to demanding"... after 59 years with my grandmother I guess he knew what he was talking about

Old 12-02-2014, 07:58 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Queen Silvia doesn't wear a tiara at the gala dinner in France. The dress code, the men are wearing suits.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
I really love the Cameo necklace, earrings, brooch, and bracelet. I hope Madeleine wears them someday as I doubt she will ever wear the tiara.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:15 AM
Majesty

Quote:

Maxima: Rose Cut tiara and Mellerio Ruby tiara
Margrethe: Pearl Poire tiara and Floral tiara
Mary: Ruby tiara and wedding tiara
Marie: Wedding tiara and Flora Danica tiara
I don't know if the Dutch / Danish visit will have 1 or 2 tiara events, but would it not be nice for Max to get the "House Diamonds" necklace out finally? If I am not mistaken, it has not been seen since the 1970s.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
The Swedisch Royals still seem to like tiara events. So I think that the King's 70th birthday will have a big gala with tiaras. That should be another opportunity for Queen Silvia to wear the Branganza tiara .
I predict Silvia will wear the Braganza tiara at the King's birthday. Maybe that will be the next time she will wear the tiara. However, I would also love she she wore the Cameo tiara.

At the same event, I hope Madeleine will wear the Connaught tiara.

Closed Thread

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara