The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 01:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Ha, that is nice, I am curious which jewels the Grand Duchess will wear. I must say that most jewels which looked fabulous on Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte or Grand Duchess Charlotte, do not have the same effect on the present Grand Duchess. Her face and body structure are so different and this shows in the overall image.

Old 11-02-2014, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Good to know that the Grand Duchess will attend the Dinner.

I also think that Queen Maxima will choose one of the smaller tiaras in South Korea. Although she wore the ruby peacock tiara for the black tie banquet in Poland, and that is not a very small tiara either. My guess is that she wears the diamond bandeau, which seems to be amoung her favourites. (It's amoung my favourites as well.)

Old 11-02-2014, 03:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Máxima can also surprise us with another new diadem, like the diamond Ears-of-Wheat Diadem: https://royaltyaroundtheworld.files....0116.jpg?w=604 or the Empire Laurel Wreath Diadem: http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2006/06103035.jpg
Old 11-02-2014, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Queen Máxima can also surprise us with another new diadem, like the diamond Ears-of-Wheat Diadem: https://royaltyaroundtheworld.files....0116.jpg?w=604 or the Empire Laurel Wreath Diadem: http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2006/06103035.jpg
I also hope that Maxima will wear these two tiaras one day. Admittedly the ears-of-wheat is not a favourite of mine. It looks awkward because it has a central dent instead of a central rise. Imo it only works with a wedding veil filling the dent.

But I don't think that the Queen will debut two tiaras in a row. Imo, she will wear a repeat tiara now that she just debuted the gorgeous Württemberg pearls.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Let's hope that the Grand Duchess will be present at the dinner at all as it was said in the Programm on monarchie.lu that she will not attend most Events because of her operation in September.
Would like to see the amethyst tiara worn by the Grand Duchess on nationakl Day once on Stéphanie but i don't think she will wear it for the State Banquet as the Colours would clash with the german order. Unfortunately the Grand Ducal Family does not have a ruby tiara therefore i guess she will wear a diamond tiara without coloured stones.
You got your wish, Stefan! The amethyst tiara and necklace for HGD Stephanie once again! The order sash was no issue as there were nor orders and black tie for the gentleman.

From the current photo I can't make out which tiara the GD has hidden in her hair. Maybe the emerald peacock tiara?

Another disappointment: no tiara in Seoul, but Maxima wore two diamond bow brooches in her hair.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
You got your wish, Stefan! The amethyst tiara and necklace for HGD Stephanie once again! The order sash was no issue as there were nor orders and black tie for the gentleman.

From the current photo I can't make out which tiara the GD has hidden in her hair. Maybe the emerald peacock tiara?

Another disappointment: no tiara in Seoul, but Maxima wore two diamond bow brooches in her hair.
I only wanted to see the other amethyst tiara again so that we get better pics from it. I think it could be the ctrine/topaz bandeau on the GD. Pity that the State Banquet was not white tie, so that we could see the sash of our Order worn.
Yes the State Banquet in South Korea was really disappointing and i don't think it deserves the name Gala. I thought it would at last be black tie for the men and long gowns for the woman but it seems sadly more and more Republics lower the dresscode for this Events more and more (like also Kroatia at the State Visit of the danish Royal Couple).
Old 11-03-2014, 05:21 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Ha, that is nice, I am curious which jewels the Grand Duchess will wear. I must say that most jewels which looked fabulous on Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte or Grand Duchess Charlotte, do not have the same effect on the present Grand Duchess. Her face and body structure are so different and this shows in the overall image.
I am sad to have to agree with you, here Duc. At first I thought it might be the fact that MT is so small in stature. But the late Princess Margaret Countess of Snowden was also very short and was able to pull off magnificent jewels famously well.

However, in every other way I think Maria-Teresa has been a superb Grand Duchess of Luxembourg.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I only wanted to see the other amethyst tiara again so that we get better pics from it. I think it could be the ctrine/topaz bandeau on the GD. Pity that the State Banquet was not white tie, so that we could see the sash of our Order worn.
Yes the State Banquet in South Korea was really disappointing and i don't think it deserves the name Gala. I thought it would at last be black tie for the men and long gowns for the woman but it seems sadly more and more Republics lower the dresscode for this Events more and more (like also Kroatia at the State Visit of the danish Royal Couple).
Oops, sorry for my misunderstanding. The second amethyst tiara really is a mystery, imo. Why have two so extremely similar tiaras? It seems to me that the stones in one are more oval shape while those in the other seem rectangular. But better pics indeed are needed to clarify the matter.

The downgrading of the dress code really is a sad matter, imho. And now even Luxembourg had at black tie State Banquet! Actually I feared that Spain might be the first to go down to black tie, but luckily the last State Banquet was white tie as usual.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post

The downgrading of the dress code really is a sad matter, imho. And now even Luxembourg had at black tie State Banquet! Actually I feared that Spain might be the first to go down to black tie, but luckily the last State Banquet was white tie as usual.
At last the luxemburgian ladies also wear their tiaras (albeit smaller) also for black tie Events which would probably not be the case in Spain.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
At last the luxemburgian ladies also wear their tiaras (albeit smaller) also for black tie Events which would probably not be the case in Spain.
That's a good point !
Old 11-05-2014, 03:28 PM
Majesty

Prince William and Kate Middleton to stand in for the Queen at Royal Variety Performance | Daily Mail Online

I am expecting Catherine to put in a suitably bejewelled appearance at the Royal Variety Show. Might we see the Nizam of Hyderabad necklace again? Thought welcome.
Old 11-05-2014, 04:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Prince William and Kate Middleton to stand in for the Queen at Royal Variety Performance | Daily Mail Online

I am expecting Catherine to put in a suitably bejewelled appearance at the Royal Variety Show. Might we see the Nizam of Hyderabad necklace again? Thought welcome.
I would love to see that amazing, fabulous, stunning, huge and glittering necklace with rubies and diamonds from Mouawad again. She only wore it once, and it absolutely deserves another outing VERY soon.
Other big diamond necklaces are also very welcome, but I would love to see the ruby-diamond one again.
Old 11-05-2014, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Is the Swedish Nobel Ceremony the next European Tiara Event,or does anyone know of any upcoming State Visits before Christmas?
Old 11-05-2014, 04:51 PM
Gentry

I pray to god that the lovely Catherine of Cambridge will soon get to wear some big fat rubies.Oh, she must wear rubies! They are so stingy in britain. And why?They do not suit the Liz-who-must-not-be-named.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Is the Swedish Nobel Ceremony the next European Tiara Event,or does anyone know of any upcoming State Visits before Christmas?
There will be one of the annual representations Dinners in Sweden on 19.11. and aslo a swedish State Viusit to France at the beginning of December. So we will see plenty of swedish tiaras in the coming weeks.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
There will be one of the annual representations Dinners in Sweden on 19.11. and aslo a swedish State Viusit to France at the beginning of December. So we will see plenty of swedish tiaras in the coming weeks.
Excellent new Stefan,thank goodness for the Swedish Royal Family!
Old 11-05-2014, 05:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

The official dinner in Sweden is on 18th November.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:53 PM
Heir Apparent

I heard a blurb on the radio yesterday about unemployment rates in Europe.

It puts the tiara event decrease in a new perspective. • Unemployment rate in EU countries 2014 | Statistic
I'm not trying to get political, I'm just putting this link out there for people (like me) who may not stay on top of economies, country by country.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:26 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaNL View Post
I would love to see that amazing, fabulous, stunning, huge and glittering necklace with rubies and diamonds from Mouawad again. She only wore it once, and it absolutely deserves another outing VERY soon.
Other big diamond necklaces are also very welcome, but I would love to see the ruby-diamond one again.
Indeed. Or for that matter, any other nice jewellery that she may have that we have not seen yet.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator

When is the annual reception for the diplomatic Corps in the UK? Perhaps we will get again some pics from the Royals arriving in Cars like last year.

Closed Thread

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara