The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1I9h8eCIAAxTga.jpg
Queen Letizia wears the floral tiara! I had so much hoped to see her with a tiara she hasn't worn so often before. But at least they kept the dress code to white tie. And the Queen looks very elegant in that black dress.

All in all it was a good day for tiara watching: Maxima, Masko & Letizia

Old 10-29-2014, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

And the Diamond Floral Tiara really suits Letizia.

Old 10-29-2014, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
And the Diamond Floral Tiara really suits Letizia.
Yes, I agree! Especially with the up-does she wears lately. It seems she has now find the right hair-style for her tiaras.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Well it was fun guessing what tiara QL would have worn,I wonder when we'll have another Spanish tiara event!
Old 10-29-2014, 09:47 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1I9h8eCIAAxTga.jpg
Queen Letizia wears the floral tiara! I had so much hoped to see her with a tiara she hasn't worn so often before. But at least they kept the dress code to white tie. And the Queen looks very elegant in that black dress.

All in all it was a good day for tiara watching: Maxima, Masko & Letizia
Beautiful tiara, but kind of disappointed.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I'm also of the opinion that the cameo tiara will not be worn before the wedding of CP. Though I don't hope to see at as the bridal tiara, but it would be nice if the Queen wore it to the 2015 Nobels. It hasn't been see for a long time.

Imo it is likely that Victoria will save the laurel tiara for the wedding of her brother, so that there will be a symbolic tribute to Princess Lilian again. I hope to see her with the fringe tiara again. It once seemed to be amoung her favourites and I don't understand that she hasn't worn it for so long.
I thinks that SIlvia or Victoria will be wearing the Cameo at the wedding, if it makes an appearance at all.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:53 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
What tiaras could be expect or want the Swedish royal ladies to wear for the official dinner at November 18th? This is less than a month before the Nobel Prize with two tiara events, and the Queen has a possible showing in Paris on December 2nd.
I think the Queen will wear the Nine Prong tiara and Victoria will wear the Baden Fringe tiara.

As for the Queen in Paris, I am hoping for the Cameo tiara, but I think she will wear the sapphire tiara.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
I thinks that SIlvia or Victoria will be wearing the Cameo at the wedding, if it makes an appearance at all.
At CP and Sofia's wedding, I think Queen Silvia will wear the Leuchtenberg Sapphires. To me, she appears to be following a hierarchy of the "Big Guns" for her children's weddings: for Victoria's wedding, she used the biggest of the Big Guns, and for her youngest child's wedding, she used the smallest of her Big Guns.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Since the queen wore the Nine Prong Tiara at the first official dinner of the year in March, I hope that she wears the Connaught or Ruby Tiara this time. I hope that Victoria wears the Laurel Wreath Tiara, because I hope that the wears the Baden Fringe tiara at the Nobel ceremony.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I think the Queen will wear the Nine Prong tiara and Victoria will wear the Baden Fringe tiara.

As for the Queen in Paris, I am hoping for the Cameo tiara, but I think she will wear the sapphire tiara.
I think that the French state banquets have now a black tie dress code. So I don't think the the Queen will wear the big Leuchtenberg tiara, but some smaller tiara. My guess is the Connaught tiara.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:56 AM
Majesty

Victoria will take part in the reception dinner so tiaras for silvia and victoria
yay
Old 10-31-2014, 08:48 AM
Nobility

It would be so nice if the Queen opted for something different than the Nine Prong or the Leuchtenberg tiara for the Nobels this year, she has worn them for too many years now. Maybe a debute for the Ruby tiara at the ceremony and banquet.

It's true that that the State banquet in Paris is black tie, but QEII wore on of her bug guns. I think that the Queen will wear one of the tiaras with a french provenance, so she could go with Queen Josephines Amethysts as well. That would be nice as not has worn it for French state visit before.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:10 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I never get tired of the Leuchtenberg set, it is so stunning. The prettiest parure still in use by any royal family IMHO. And it suits the queen very well. I prefer the ruby tiara as a necklace TBH, as a tiara it looks unbalanced.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:19 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
TBH, I never get tired of the Leuchtenberg set, it is so stunning. The prettiest parure still in use by any royal family IMHO. And it suits the queen very well. I prefer the ruby tiara as a necklace TBH, as a tiara it looks unbalanced.
I agree that the Leuchtenberg sapphires are stunning, and I would love to see them in Paris in December. But I think that the Queen with the vast collection of tiaras could alternate a bit more among the tiaras for the Nobels.
Old 11-02-2014, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator

Tomorrow there will be a state banquet in Luxembourg for the German President Joachim Gauck.

I'm particularly curious to see the tiara of HGD Stephanie. Will she break in another new tiara? Or will she repeat a tiara for the first time? I somehow think that she will wear the butterfly tiara again. It could be a sign that it's her personal tiara and dear to her because of the giver.

I think that the grand duchess will wear the choker tiara or the Societe general tiara.
Old 11-02-2014, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Tomorrow there will be a state banquet in Luxembourg for the German President Joachim Gauck.

I'm particularly curious to see the tiara of HGD Stephanie. Will she break in another new tiara? Or will she repeat a tiara for the first time? I somehow think that she will wear the butterfly tiara again. It could be a sign that it's her personal tiara and dear to her because of the giver.

I think that the grand duchess will wear the choker tiara or the Societe general tiara.
Let's hope that the Grand Duchess will be present at the dinner at all as it was said in the Programm on monarchie.lu that she will not attend most Events because of her operation in September.
Would like to see the amethyst tiara worn by the Grand Duchess on nationakl Day once on Stéphanie but i don't think she will wear it for the State Banquet as the Colours would clash with the german order. Unfortunately the Grand Ducal Family does not have a ruby tiara therefore i guess she will wear a diamond tiara without coloured stones.
Old 11-02-2014, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Let's hope that the Grand Duchess will be present at the dinner at all as it was said in the Programm on monarchie.lu that she will not attend most Events because of her operation in September.
Would like to see the amethyst tiara worn by the Grand Duchess on nationakl Day once on Stéphanie but i don't think she will wear it for the State Banquet as the Colours would clash with the german order. Unfortunately the Grand Ducal Family does not have a ruby tiara therefore i guess she will wear a diamond tiara without coloured stones.
I hope that the banquet will be amoung the few events she is supposed to attend. At least there is not much moving and standing required.

When it comes to coordinating saches and jewels, they really need to go tiara shopping: they have several sapphire and emerald options, turquoise, amethyst, aquamarines and even citrine (or is it topaz?). But no rubies!
Old 11-02-2014, 01:37 PM
Heir Apparent

I think the Grand Duchess will skip the banquet and give the honneurs to her daughter-in-law, the Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie.

Old 11-02-2014, 01:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Now Queen Máxima has worn the Württemberg Ornate Pearls and Diamonds Diadem in Japan, I think she will opt for a smaller diadem in Korea (not a monarchy). My feeling says Queen Máxima will wear Queen Emma's floral motif diamonds diadem without the stars on top, like she wore in Doha:

http://image.gala.de/v1/cms/gQ/prinz....jpg?v=6833527
Old 11-02-2014, 01:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I think the Grand Duchess will skip the banquet and give the honneurs to her daughter-in-law, the Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie.

According to the official program of the visit, the grand duchess will attend at the dinner, although she doesn't take part in many activities due to her operation last month.
Visite d’État au Luxembourg du président de la République fédérale d’Allemagne, Joachim Gauck, et de Madame Daniela Schadt (3.-5.11.2014) - gouvernement.lu // L’actualité du gouvernement du Luxembourg

Closed Thread

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara