The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 05:38 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I think as the Spanish economy strengthens, jewel sightings will increase.
I tend to agree with you.

Old 10-01-2014, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

There's a state visit soon to Spain so we may see Queen Letizia wearing a tiara,it will be her 1st tiara event as Queen Consort of Spain!

Old 10-01-2014, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I think as the Spanish economy strengthens, jewel sightings will increase.
I wouldn't be too sure. She seems to have found her personal style, and jewellery seems to have only a small role in that. Look at Queen Sofia, she always wore jewellery, usually several bracelets and necklaces worn together. She continued with that style during the crises. That's why I think that we're talking about personal preferances here, it's not just about economy.
But I'm very much looking forward to that State Visit. She can't really forego wearing a tiara, can she?
Old 10-01-2014, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I'm hoping Queen Letizia will wear the Fleur de lys tiara,we've seen her wearing the Floral and Prussian diamond one in the past as Princess of Asturias.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:35 PM
Majesty

Any guesses as to what tiara Queen Sonja might use for the reception for the visiting Indian President? I think it might be the Star Wars tiara or the Queen Maud, smaller version.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

I agree with you, muriel. Queen Sonja will probably wear one of her smaller tiaras. And the Crown Princess will invariably wear her diamond bandeau. My guess for Princess Astrid is the diamond wings aigrette.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
There's a state visit soon to Spain so we may see Queen Letizia wearing a tiara,it will be her 1st tiara event as Queen Consort of Spain!
Which country will be visiting Spain? I'm a little behind on the current news, real life is getting extremly busy these days
Old 10-13-2014, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
Which country will be visiting Spain? I'm a little behind on the current news, real life is getting extremly busy these days
The President of India has arrived today.
State visit from India: October 13-14, 2014
Old 10-13-2014, 02:56 PM
Nobility

Yes but he arrived for a state visit to Norway not Spain. We should see some glitter from that state visit in the next few hours.

Spain has an incoming state visit from the president of Chile later this month (I think) so we will have to wait and see what the new royal couple do in terms of glitter.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 10-13-2014, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I wonder what tiaras Queen Sonja,The Crown Princess and Princess Astrid will wear tonight?
Old 10-13-2014, 03:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I'm hoping Queen Letizia will wear the Fleur de lys tiara,we've seen her wearing the Floral and Prussian diamond one in the past as Princess of Asturias.
Yes, I am sure Letizia will wear the Fleur-de-Lys tiara. BUT only for an incoming State Visit of another reigning Monarch.
For other State Visits there may remain the smaller tiaras. I REALLY hope for her new one....
Bye Bine
Old 10-13-2014, 03:26 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I wonder what tiaras Queen Sonja,The Crown Princess and Princess Astrid will wear tonight?

It looks like Queen Sonja is wearing the emeralds; CP MM is wearing the daisy tiara and I can't tell what Princess Astrid is wearing.

Old 10-13-2014, 03:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrothead View Post
It looks like Queen Sonja is wearing the emeralds; CP MM is wearing the daisy tiara and I can't tell what Princess Astrid is wearing.

Princess Astrid is wearing her diamond wings-thing.
I like Queen Sonja's tiara! Those emeralds are soooo big!
It's a pity that CP MM always wears that daisy taira.. She should wear the pearls or the amethists again!
Old 10-13-2014, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

I think that Princess Astrid wears the ruby aigrette, which is similar to the wings-thing.

Maybe Mette-Marit will wear a different tiara for the wedding in Sweden. But for these regular events I don't have much hope at the moment.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:17 PM
Nobility

May we wish for the Cameo tiara for Queen Silvia at the banquet in Paris on December 2nd. Would be a great nod to the host!
Old 10-21-2014, 08:38 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
May we wish for the Cameo tiara for Queen Silvia at the banquet in Paris on December 2nd. Would be a great nod to the host!
I really hope so as well!
Old 10-27-2014, 12:59 PM
Nobility

What tiaras could be expect or want the Swedish royal ladies to wear for the official dinner at November 18th? This is less than a month before the Nobel Prize with two tiara events, and the Queen has a possible showing in Paris on December 2nd.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
What tiaras could be expect or want the Swedish royal ladies to wear for the official dinner at November 18th? This is less than a month before the Nobel Prize with two tiara events, and the Queen has a possible showing in Paris on December 2nd.
My guess is that the Queen will wear either the nine pronge tiara or the Connaught tiara for the official Dinner. For the Paris Visit it would be nice to see either the Cameo Parure or the leuchtenberg sapphires as the came from France. But i think it will also depend on the Dress Code. usuually State Banquets in France are black tie not white tie.
I fear we will not see the Cameo tiara before next years Wedding.
For Nobel i would like to see her in the ruby tiara with the scarab necklace but gogin through the last years it will probably be the leuchtenberg sapphires as she has in the last years worn either them or the nine pronge tiara which she has worn last year.
For Vicotria it would be nice to see her again in the baden fringe tirara and also in the laurel wreath tiara.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:53 PM
Aristocracy

What do you think for the upcoming Dutch statevisits?
We have at least two tiara events for Queen Máxima: statebanquet in Japan and in South-Korea. Furthermore, we have an evening concert in South-Korea (probably not with tiaras, but with Queen Máx everything is possible) and we have -I think- a dinner with the Prime Minister of Japan, but I don't think that will be with tiara. So, what do we think?
She will wear max. 4 tiaras, at least 2. I think she will wear two different ones.
Old 10-27-2014, 02:54 PM
Heir Apparent

I think Queen Máxima will wear two diadems for the two State Banquets. I have never seen diadems for the second evening in a Japanese or Korean State Visit.

I think Queen Máxima will wear the bandeau of with the large old rose-cut diamonds: http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/P...DSukMyFx1x.jpg and I hope she will wear, for the first time, the Württemberg Ornate Pearls and Diamonds Diadem, preferrably in full setting, like Princess Beatrix did on her wedding day: http://fast.mediamatic.nl/f/tqgr/ima...54-696-800.jpg

Closed Thread

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara