The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 06:12 AM
Heir Apparent

There is an incoming State Visit from Singapore to the UK in October. My guesses would be:
Her Majesty: My guesses would be the Burmese Ruby or the Girls of GB. I wish she would take the Oriental Circlet out again :( She did look really grand on the debut in Malta back in 2005 but I wonder why she has not worn it again since then and just stick to the Burmese again.

The Duchess of Cornwall: I guess might be the Boucheron Honeycomb Tiara as usual.

Hopefully the Duchess of Cambridge recovers from morning sickness and starts attending State Banquet. I would love to see a glimpse of her in the Lotus Flower Tiara again.

God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 09-13-2014, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I know it will be in 3 months, but here are my predictions for the 2014 Nobel Prizes:

Queen Silvia: Sapphire Parure
Crown Princess Victoria: Baden Fringe Tiara
Princess Madeleine: Connaught Tiara

Dinner for the laureates:

Queen Silvia: Nine Prong Tiara
Crown Princess Victoria: Amethyst Tiara
Princess Madeleine: Modern Fringe Tiara

If Sofia goes, I think she will wear the Four Button tiara, then the Diamond Bandeau.

I really hope Silvia will wear the Cameo tiara this year, but I somehow doubt it.
I think that Sofia will attend, though she'll probably not sit with the RF on the stage. She will probably be seated near Princess Christina, like Jonas was when he still was the fiancee.

Now, will Sofia wear a tiara before she is married? Imo it would be better to go the traditional way and not wear a tiara before the wedding. But then the RF seems so outspoken in showing their acceptance of CP's bride, that she'll probably be allowed to wear one.

Old 09-13-2014, 07:34 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII View Post
There is an incoming State Visit from Singapore to the UK in October. My guesses would be:
Her Majesty: My guesses would be the Burmese Ruby or the Girls of GB. I wish she would take the Oriental Circlet out again :( She did look really grand on the debut in Malta back in 2005 but I wonder why she has not worn it again since then and just stick to the Burmese again.

The Duchess of Cornwall: I guess might be the Boucheron Honeycomb Tiara as usual.

Hopefully the Duchess of Cambridge recovers from morning sickness and starts attending State Banquet. I would love to see a glimpse of her in the Lotus Flower Tiara again.
Great to learn about this State Visit.
I also would love to see the oriental circlet again. Imo, it is so much more beautiful than the Burmese ruby tiara, and it has this long royal history.

It would be great to see the Duchess of Cornwall in some other tiara then the Boucheron. It looks good on her, but it’s getting boring.

Somehow I doubt that the Duchess of Cambridge will attend. The Cambridges are slowly increasing their Royal agenda, but State Banquets are probably not yet scheduled for them. But if she attends, my guess is that she wears her wedding tiara again.
Old 09-13-2014, 07:46 AM
Heir Apparent

It is not needed to be married to show a diadem. It is not even needed to be married to attend a State Banquet as a guest.

Ms Máxima Zorreguieta Cerruti did attend the State Banquet given in honour of King Juan Carlos of Spain and his spouse Queen Sofía. She wore parts of Princess Juliana's diamonds-and-aquamarines parure.

In Oslo Ms Máxima Zorreguieta Cerruti did attend the wedding of Crown Prince Haakon with Ms Mette-Marit Tjessem Høiby. She wore the diamond fleurons from the Antique Pearl Diadem.

In both cases Máxima was no royal and not married.

Máxima in Amsterdam 2001: http://www.christinesroyalty.net/new...juancarlos.jpg

Máxima in Oslo 2001:
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/or...d610e1dea9.jpg
Old 09-13-2014, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

No, it's not needed to be married to wear a tiara. But still it is a tradition in many/most royal families. Afaik, Mary Donaldson attended a state banquet during her engagement period and she did not wear a tiara. Letizia didn't wear a tiara at the Danish wedding shortly before her own wedding. Princess Sophie of Isenburg didn't wear a tiara to the wedding in Monaco, although there is one in her own family. To me it seems, that Maxima was the exeption from the rule. The SWR can go both ways.
Old 09-14-2014, 03:51 AM
Majesty

I really hope Victoria does not wear the button tiaras at the Nobel Prizes this year, as she wore them at the last two events.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Victoria has not worn a tiara all year long and I hope she wear the Baden Fringe tiara this year as she has not worn it in nearly three years.
Old 09-14-2014, 05:40 AM
Super Moderator

You are correct. Victoria didn't wear a tiara since last year's second Nobel evening. She didn't even attend the first gala of the Nobel Awards. And the last time she wore the fringe tiara was the King's Dinner in 2011! It's about time she wore it again. But I'd also love to see her wear the laurel tiara for the Nobel Awards.

I hope that Madeleine and Christopher will be at this year's Nobels! Maybe with the amethyst tiara again? Imo she looked pretty good with it.

As for Princess Christina, I hope that she won't wear the 6-buttons at both evenings again. Imo, she is the only one amoung the current royal ladies with the right hairstyle to go with this tiara. But she should alternate the tiara more. I'd love to see her with the aquamarine tiara kokoshnik again!
Old 09-16-2014, 06:53 AM
Majesty

Even though it's many years away, I can't help but predict the tiaras the Scandinavian royal women will wear at future royal weddings. I assume those future weddings will be in the afternoon like the recent Scandinavian royal weddings.

Crown Princess Victoria:

Estelle's future wedding: Braganza Tiara
Leonore's future wedding: Sapphire parure

Crown Princess Mette Marit:

Ingrid Alexandra's future wedding: Josephine's Diamond Tiara
Sverre Magnus' future wedding: Josephine's Emerald Tiara

Crown Princess Mary:

Christian's future wedding: Danish Pearl Poire Tiara
Isabella's future wedding: Danish Emerald Tiara
Vincent's future wedding: Danish Ruby Tiara
Josephine's future wedding tiara: Floral Aigrette Tiara

Princess Madeleine:

Estelle's future wedding: Connaught Tiara
Leonore's future wedding: Amethyst Tiara
Old 09-16-2014, 07:38 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Even though it's many years away, I can't help but predict the tiaras the Scandinavian royal women will wear at future royal weddings. I assume those future weddings will be in the afternoon like the recent Scandinavian royal weddings.

Crown Princess Victoria:

Estelle's future wedding: Braganza Tiara
Leonore's future wedding: Sapphire parure

Crown Princess Mette Marit:

Ingrid Alexandra's future wedding: Josephine's Diamond Tiara
Sverre Magnus' future wedding: Josephine's Emerald Tiara

Crown Princess Mary:

Christian's future wedding: Danish Pearl Poire Tiara
Isabella's future wedding: Danish Emerald Tiara
Vincent's future wedding: Danish Ruby Tiara
Josephine's future wedding tiara: Floral Aigrette Tiara

Princess Madeleine:

Estelle's future wedding: Connaught Tiara
Leonore's future wedding: Amethyst Tiara
How interesting. Clearly this assumes that Mary, MM and Victoria are Queen's by the time of the weddings of their children - not an unrealistic assumption given the ages of the children and the reigning monarchs.
Old 09-27-2014, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

I am tiara-starved! There was only one tiara event this month, and that was a rather boring repetition of often-seen Norwegian tiaras. Not even a tiara worn by Princess Maria-Theresia of Thurn und Taxis. I really need more than that to keep up my spirit! Something spectacular, and I can’t wait till the Nobels. Queen Maxima might pull off something stunning, something she hasn’t worn before, but even those two Dutch state visits seem to be too far off.

And I don’t expect Princess Noriko of Japan to wear a tiara on her wedding on 5 October. At least Princess Sayako, the last Japanese Imperial Princess to marry, didn’t wear her tiara at her wedding.
Old 09-28-2014, 04:40 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I am tiara-starved! There was only one tiara event this month, and that was a rather boring repetition of often-seen Norwegian tiaras. Not even a tiara worn by Princess Maria-Theresia of Thurn und Taxis. I really need more than that to keep up my spirit! Something spectacular, and I can’t wait till the Nobels. Queen Maxima might pull off something stunning, something she hasn’t worn before, but even those two Dutch state visits seem to be too far off.

And I don’t expect Princess Noriko of Japan to wear a tiara on her wedding on 5 October. At least Princess Sayako, the last Japanese Imperial Princess to marry, didn’t wear her tiara at her wedding.

There will also be the annual Dinner for the memberrs of Parliament in Notrway but probably no tiara surprises there. And also one of the official Dinners in Sweden. And i beleive there will also be an incoming State Visit to the Uk this autumsn and one to Spain.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:25 AM
Super Moderator

Yes, the Norwegian dinner will probably be nothing special tiara-wise. The state visits to the UK tend to frustrate me because there are no decent pictures of other ladies than HM.

But Spain!?! That would be the first state visit for the new monarchs. It will be interesting to watch if they will change the style of the visits. I hope that they will keep a decent photo option. And of course, it would be the first tiara appearance of the new queen. Personally I don't think that she'll start out with the major fleur-de-lys tiara. But we really don't know if the two queens will continue to share tiaras. Nor do we know whether Dona Sofia will attend. Princess Beatrix did, Queen Paola and King Albert did not, and I don't really believe that Juan Carlos will. But it wouldn't surprise me too much to see Dona Sofia attending without her husband. At least I'd love to see two tiara-ladies instead of only one.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:45 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Yes, the Norwegian dinner will probably be nothing special tiara-wise. The state visits to the UK tend to frustrate me because there are no decent pictures of other ladies than HM.

But Spain!?! That would be the first state visit for the new monarchs. It will be interesting to watch if they will change the style of the visits. I hope that they will keep a decent photo option. And of course, it would be the first tiara appearance of the new queen. Personally I don't think that she'll start out with the major fleur-de-lys tiara. But we really don't know if the two queens will continue to share tiaras. Nor do we know whether Dona Sofia will attend. Princess Beatrix did, Queen Paola and King Albert did not, and I don't really believe that Juan Carlos will. But it wouldn't surprise me too much to see Dona Sofia attending without her husband. At least I'd love to see two tiara-ladies instead of only one.
It is not really clear if it will be an official or a State Visit. There are reports for both. As it will from Chile i expect nione of the three major tiaras (fleur-de-lys, or one of the 2 pearl tiara's) for the new Queen in the case of a State Visit. But i think she could then wear the Mellerio shell tiara again instead of always the floral wreath tiara. And of course i hope that also Sofia will attend,
Old 09-28-2014, 07:29 AM
Heir Apparent

In October King Felipe VI and Doña Letizia will bring a visit to the Netherlands. In November they will visit Belgium and Luxembourg.

Most likely it is no official visit but a "presentation visit" and we will see no diadems. At the other hand, this year King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia made a visit in the framework of 400 Years Diplomatic Relations and this was in grand gala. Also the Prince of Monaco made a visit, in the framework of an exhibition about Princess Gracia, and this was in black tie with glittering diadems. So it is difficult to say what to expect at the Dutch Court.

The visits to Belgium and Luxembourg will probably have lesser chances on sparkling diadems. ;-)

Carl XVI Gustav and Silvia in Amsterdam (Royal Palace): http://images0.tcdn.nl/binnenland/ar...RY/gustaf7.JPG

Albert in Apeldoorn (Palace Het Loo): http://www.refdag.nl/polopoly_fs/275...1925282759.jpg
Old 09-28-2014, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
It is not really clear if it will be an official or a State Visit. There are reports for both. As it will from Chile i expect nione of the three major tiaras (fleur-de-lys, or one of the 2 pearl tiara's) for the new Queen in the case of a State Visit. But i think she could then wear the Mellerio shell tiara again instead of always the floral wreath tiara. And of course i hope that also Sofia will attend,
Then I will hope that it will be a State Visit. It should be, since the monarch is new to his office, but then there is the economic situation... let's wait and see.

If it is a State Visit, and if Sofia attends, then I think she'll wear the ruby tiara. This is the one tiara she has never shared with the younger generation, it seems to be her most personal tiara. And it is rather modest, thus leaving the centre stage to the new Queen Letizia.

I absolutely agree with your assessment of Letizia's tiara. I love the floral tiara and think that Letizia wore it beautifully during the last few occasions when she had a very fitting hair style. But I'd like to see some diversity, and think that she should mark her first State Visit as queen with a tiara she hasn't worn that much.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:08 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
In October King Felipe VI and Doña Letizia will bring a visit to the Netherlands. In November they will visit Belgium and Luxembourg.

Most likely it is no official visit but a "presentation visit" and we will see no diadems. At the other hand, this year King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia made a visit in the framework of 400 Years Diplomatic Relations and this was in grand gala. Also the Prince of Monaco made a visit, in the framework of an exhibition about Princess Gracia, and this was in black tie with glittering diadems. So it is difficult to say what to expect at the Dutch Court.

The visits to Belgium and Luxembourg will probably have lesser chances on sparkling diadems. ;-)

Carl XVI Gustav and Silvia in Amsterdam (Royal Palace): http://images0.tcdn.nl/binnenland/ar...RY/gustaf7.JPG

Albert in Apeldoorn (Palace Het Loo): http://www.refdag.nl/polopoly_fs/275...1925282759.jpg
I guess this Visit's by the spanish Royal Couples will only be 1 Day visits like they have made to Portugal and France. And like the dutch and belgian Royal Couples have done to other countries. So most liekly no evevning recpetion. perhaps there is a chance to see wome brooches but Queen Letizia rarerly wears them. The same for necklaces.
Old 09-30-2014, 01:55 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I guess this Visit's by the spanish Royal Couples will only be 1 Day visits like they have made to Portugal and France. And like the dutch and belgian Royal Couples have done to other countries. So most liekly no evevning recpetion. perhaps there is a chance to see wome brooches but Queen Letizia rarerly wears them. The same for necklaces.
I think you are right, they will be day events only.

I think it would be great if Letizia starts to wear a few brooches, at least when meeting royalty. I appreciate the domestic environment is probably not conducive to flashing the jewellery, but when representing Spain with international royalty, I think HM would be perfectly justified.
Old 09-30-2014, 02:57 PM
Heir Apparent

They will be a Royal Party for the 50th birthday of the prince of Wurtenberg at The Duke of Baviera's Castle.
Old 09-30-2014, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I think you are right, they will be day events only.

I think it would be great if Letizia starts to wear a few brooches, at least when meeting royalty. I appreciate the domestic environment is probably not conducive to flashing the jewellery, but when representing Spain with international royalty, I think HM would be perfectly justified.
Of late we've been lucky as Letizia has worn some different earrings but that seems to be it,the rings,brooches and necklaces have been banished to bling bling purgatory.At the recent Proclamation Ceremony where she became the new Queen consort of Spain I was hoping for Letizia to make an effort and pull out all her good pieces and shake off all that dust .I really did think that occasion warranted the fleur de lys brooch or her very best pair of earrings but no we got the boring diamond stars .I think royal jewel watchers are in for a very long prolonged jewel drought with queen Letizia.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Of late we've been lucky as Letizia has worn some different earrings but that seems to be it,the rings,brooches and necklaces have been banished to bling bling purgatory.At the recent Proclamation Ceremony where she became the new Queen consort of Spain I was hoping for Letizia to make an effort and pull out all her good pieces and shake off all that dust .I really did think that occasion warranted the fleur de lys brooch or her very best pair of earrings but no we got the boring diamond stars .I think royal jewel watchers are in for a very long prolonged jewel drought with queen Letizia.
I think as the Spanish economy strengthens, jewel sightings will increase.

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara