The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1161  
Old 09-13-2014, 05:12 AM
HMQueenElizabethII's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ryde, Australia
Posts: 3,785
There is an incoming State Visit from Singapore to the UK in October. My guesses would be:
Her Majesty: My guesses would be the Burmese Ruby or the Girls of GB. I wish she would take the Oriental Circlet out again :( She did look really grand on the debut in Malta back in 2005 but I wonder why she has not worn it again since then and just stick to the Burmese again.

The Duchess of Cornwall: I guess might be the Boucheron Honeycomb Tiara as usual.

Hopefully the Duchess of Cambridge recovers from morning sickness and starts attending State Banquet. I would love to see a glimpse of her in the Lotus Flower Tiara again.
__________________

__________________
"God save our Gracious Queen,
Long live our Noble Queen,
God save The Queen"
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
  #1162  
Old 09-13-2014, 06:19 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I know it will be in 3 months, but here are my predictions for the 2014 Nobel Prizes:

Queen Silvia: Sapphire Parure
Crown Princess Victoria: Baden Fringe Tiara
Princess Madeleine: Connaught Tiara

Dinner for the laureates:

Queen Silvia: Nine Prong Tiara
Crown Princess Victoria: Amethyst Tiara
Princess Madeleine: Modern Fringe Tiara

If Sofia goes, I think she will wear the Four Button tiara, then the Diamond Bandeau.

I really hope Silvia will wear the Cameo tiara this year, but I somehow doubt it.
I think that Sofia will attend, though she'll probably not sit with the RF on the stage. She will probably be seated near Princess Christina, like Jonas was when he still was the fiancee.

Now, will Sofia wear a tiara before she is married? Imo it would be better to go the traditional way and not wear a tiara before the wedding. But then the RF seems so outspoken in showing their acceptance of CP's bride, that she'll probably be allowed to wear one.
__________________

  #1163  
Old 09-13-2014, 06:34 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII View Post
There is an incoming State Visit from Singapore to the UK in October. My guesses would be:
Her Majesty: My guesses would be the Burmese Ruby or the Girls of GB. I wish she would take the Oriental Circlet out again :( She did look really grand on the debut in Malta back in 2005 but I wonder why she has not worn it again since then and just stick to the Burmese again.

The Duchess of Cornwall: I guess might be the Boucheron Honeycomb Tiara as usual.

Hopefully the Duchess of Cambridge recovers from morning sickness and starts attending State Banquet. I would love to see a glimpse of her in the Lotus Flower Tiara again.
Great to learn about this State Visit.
I also would love to see the oriental circlet again. Imo, it is so much more beautiful than the Burmese ruby tiara, and it has this long royal history.

It would be great to see the Duchess of Cornwall in some other tiara then the Boucheron. It looks good on her, but it’s getting boring.

Somehow I doubt that the Duchess of Cambridge will attend. The Cambridges are slowly increasing their Royal agenda, but State Banquets are probably not yet scheduled for them. But if she attends, my guess is that she wears her wedding tiara again.
  #1164  
Old 09-13-2014, 06:46 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 6,979
It is not needed to be married to show a diadem. It is not even needed to be married to attend a State Banquet as a guest.

Ms Máxima Zorreguieta Cerruti did attend the State Banquet given in honour of King Juan Carlos of Spain and his spouse Queen Sofía. She wore parts of Princess Juliana's diamonds-and-aquamarines parure.

In Oslo Ms Máxima Zorreguieta Cerruti did attend the wedding of Crown Prince Haakon with Ms Mette-Marit Tjessem Høiby. She wore the diamond fleurons from the Antique Pearl Diadem.

In both cases Máxima was no royal and not married.


Máxima in Amsterdam 2001: http://www.christinesroyalty.net/new...juancarlos.jpg

Máxima in Oslo 2001:
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/or...d610e1dea9.jpg
  #1165  
Old 09-13-2014, 07:32 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,686
No, it's not needed to be married to wear a tiara. But still it is a tradition in many/most royal families. Afaik, Mary Donaldson attended a state banquet during her engagement period and she did not wear a tiara. Letizia didn't wear a tiara at the Danish wedding shortly before her own wedding. Princess Sophie of Isenburg didn't wear a tiara to the wedding in Monaco, although there is one in her own family. To me it seems, that Maxima was the exeption from the rule. The SWR can go both ways.
  #1166  
Old 09-14-2014, 02:51 AM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 9,129
I really hope Victoria does not wear the button tiaras at the Nobel Prizes this year, as she wore them at the last two events.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Victoria has not worn a tiara all year long and I hope she wear the Baden Fringe tiara this year as she has not worn it in nearly three years.
  #1167  
Old 09-14-2014, 04:40 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,686
You are correct. Victoria didn't wear a tiara since last year's second Nobel evening. She didn't even attend the first gala of the Nobel Awards. And the last time she wore the fringe tiara was the King's Dinner in 2011! It's about time she wore it again. But I'd also love to see her wear the laurel tiara for the Nobel Awards.

I hope that Madeleine and Christopher will be at this year's Nobels! Maybe with the amethyst tiara again? Imo she looked pretty good with it.

As for Princess Christina, I hope that she won't wear the 6-buttons at both evenings again. Imo, she is the only one amoung the current royal ladies with the right hairstyle to go with this tiara. But she should alternate the tiara more. I'd love to see her with the aquamarine tiara kokoshnik again!
  #1168  
Old 09-16-2014, 05:53 AM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 9,129
Even though it's many years away, I can't help but predict the tiaras the Scandinavian royal women will wear at future royal weddings. I assume those future weddings will be in the afternoon like the recent Scandinavian royal weddings.

Crown Princess Victoria:

Estelle's future wedding: Braganza Tiara
Leonore's future wedding: Sapphire parure

Crown Princess Mette Marit:

Ingrid Alexandra's future wedding: Josephine's Diamond Tiara
Sverre Magnus' future wedding: Josephine's Emerald Tiara

Crown Princess Mary:

Christian's future wedding: Danish Pearl Poire Tiara
Isabella's future wedding: Danish Emerald Tiara
Vincent's future wedding: Danish Ruby Tiara
Josephine's future wedding tiara: Floral Aigrette Tiara

Princess Madeleine:

Estelle's future wedding: Connaught Tiara
Leonore's future wedding: Amethyst Tiara
  #1169  
Old 09-16-2014, 06:38 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Even though it's many years away, I can't help but predict the tiaras the Scandinavian royal women will wear at future royal weddings. I assume those future weddings will be in the afternoon like the recent Scandinavian royal weddings.

Crown Princess Victoria:

Estelle's future wedding: Braganza Tiara
Leonore's future wedding: Sapphire parure

Crown Princess Mette Marit:

Ingrid Alexandra's future wedding: Josephine's Diamond Tiara
Sverre Magnus' future wedding: Josephine's Emerald Tiara

Crown Princess Mary:

Christian's future wedding: Danish Pearl Poire Tiara
Isabella's future wedding: Danish Emerald Tiara
Vincent's future wedding: Danish Ruby Tiara
Josephine's future wedding tiara: Floral Aigrette Tiara

Princess Madeleine:

Estelle's future wedding: Connaught Tiara
Leonore's future wedding: Amethyst Tiara
How interesting. Clearly this assumes that Mary, MM and Victoria are Queen's by the time of the weddings of their children - not an unrealistic assumption given the ages of the children and the reigning monarchs.
  #1170  
Old 09-27-2014, 09:06 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,686
I am tiara-starved! There was only one tiara event this month, and that was a rather boring repetition of often-seen Norwegian tiaras. Not even a tiara worn by Princess Maria-Theresia of Thurn und Taxis. I really need more than that to keep up my spirit! Something spectacular, and I can’t wait till the Nobels. Queen Maxima might pull off something stunning, something she hasn’t worn before, but even those two Dutch state visits seem to be too far off.

And I don’t expect Princess Noriko of Japan to wear a tiara on her wedding on 5 October. At least Princess Sayako, the last Japanese Imperial Princess to marry, didn’t wear her tiara at her wedding.
  #1171  
Old 09-28-2014, 03:40 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I am tiara-starved! There was only one tiara event this month, and that was a rather boring repetition of often-seen Norwegian tiaras. Not even a tiara worn by Princess Maria-Theresia of Thurn und Taxis. I really need more than that to keep up my spirit! Something spectacular, and I can’t wait till the Nobels. Queen Maxima might pull off something stunning, something she hasn’t worn before, but even those two Dutch state visits seem to be too far off.

And I don’t expect Princess Noriko of Japan to wear a tiara on her wedding on 5 October. At least Princess Sayako, the last Japanese Imperial Princess to marry, didn’t wear her tiara at her wedding.

There will also be the annual Dinner for the memberrs of Parliament in Notrway but probably no tiara surprises there. And also one of the official Dinners in Sweden. And i beleive there will also be an incoming State Visit to the Uk this autumsn and one to Spain.
  #1172  
Old 09-28-2014, 05:25 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,686
Yes, the Norwegian dinner will probably be nothing special tiara-wise. The state visits to the UK tend to frustrate me because there are no decent pictures of other ladies than HM.

But Spain!?! That would be the first state visit for the new monarchs. It will be interesting to watch if they will change the style of the visits. I hope that they will keep a decent photo option. And of course, it would be the first tiara appearance of the new queen. Personally I don't think that she'll start out with the major fleur-de-lys tiara. But we really don't know if the two queens will continue to share tiaras. Nor do we know whether Dona Sofia will attend. Princess Beatrix did, Queen Paola and King Albert did not, and I don't really believe that Juan Carlos will. But it wouldn't surprise me too much to see Dona Sofia attending without her husband. At least I'd love to see two tiara-ladies instead of only one.
  #1173  
Old 09-28-2014, 05:45 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Yes, the Norwegian dinner will probably be nothing special tiara-wise. The state visits to the UK tend to frustrate me because there are no decent pictures of other ladies than HM.

But Spain!?! That would be the first state visit for the new monarchs. It will be interesting to watch if they will change the style of the visits. I hope that they will keep a decent photo option. And of course, it would be the first tiara appearance of the new queen. Personally I don't think that she'll start out with the major fleur-de-lys tiara. But we really don't know if the two queens will continue to share tiaras. Nor do we know whether Dona Sofia will attend. Princess Beatrix did, Queen Paola and King Albert did not, and I don't really believe that Juan Carlos will. But it wouldn't surprise me too much to see Dona Sofia attending without her husband. At least I'd love to see two tiara-ladies instead of only one.
It is not really clear if it will be an official or a State Visit. There are reports for both. As it will from Chile i expect nione of the three major tiaras (fleur-de-lys, or one of the 2 pearl tiara's) for the new Queen in the case of a State Visit. But i think she could then wear the Mellerio shell tiara again instead of always the floral wreath tiara. And of course i hope that also Sofia will attend,
  #1174  
Old 09-28-2014, 06:29 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 6,979
In October King Felipe VI and Doña Letizia will bring a visit to the Netherlands. In November they will visit Belgium and Luxembourg.

Most likely it is no official visit but a "presentation visit" and we will see no diadems. At the other hand, this year King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia made a visit in the framework of 400 Years Diplomatic Relations and this was in grand gala. Also the Prince of Monaco made a visit, in the framework of an exhibition about Princess Gracia, and this was in black tie with glittering diadems. So it is difficult to say what to expect at the Dutch Court.

The visits to Belgium and Luxembourg will probably have lesser chances on sparkling diadems. ;-)

Carl XVI Gustav and Silvia in Amsterdam (Royal Palace): http://images0.tcdn.nl/binnenland/ar...RY/gustaf7.JPG

Albert in Apeldoorn (Palace Het Loo): http://www.refdag.nl/polopoly_fs/275...1925282759.jpg
  #1175  
Old 09-28-2014, 06:45 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
It is not really clear if it will be an official or a State Visit. There are reports for both. As it will from Chile i expect nione of the three major tiaras (fleur-de-lys, or one of the 2 pearl tiara's) for the new Queen in the case of a State Visit. But i think she could then wear the Mellerio shell tiara again instead of always the floral wreath tiara. And of course i hope that also Sofia will attend,
Then I will hope that it will be a State Visit. It should be, since the monarch is new to his office, but then there is the economic situation... let's wait and see.

If it is a State Visit, and if Sofia attends, then I think she'll wear the ruby tiara. This is the one tiara she has never shared with the younger generation, it seems to be her most personal tiara. And it is rather modest, thus leaving the centre stage to the new Queen Letizia.

I absolutely agree with your assessment of Letizia's tiara. I love the floral tiara and think that Letizia wore it beautifully during the last few occasions when she had a very fitting hair style. But I'd like to see some diversity, and think that she should mark her first State Visit as queen with a tiara she hasn't worn that much.
  #1176  
Old 09-28-2014, 07:08 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
In October King Felipe VI and Doña Letizia will bring a visit to the Netherlands. In November they will visit Belgium and Luxembourg.

Most likely it is no official visit but a "presentation visit" and we will see no diadems. At the other hand, this year King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia made a visit in the framework of 400 Years Diplomatic Relations and this was in grand gala. Also the Prince of Monaco made a visit, in the framework of an exhibition about Princess Gracia, and this was in black tie with glittering diadems. So it is difficult to say what to expect at the Dutch Court.

The visits to Belgium and Luxembourg will probably have lesser chances on sparkling diadems. ;-)

Carl XVI Gustav and Silvia in Amsterdam (Royal Palace): http://images0.tcdn.nl/binnenland/ar...RY/gustaf7.JPG

Albert in Apeldoorn (Palace Het Loo): http://www.refdag.nl/polopoly_fs/275...1925282759.jpg
I guess this Visit's by the spanish Royal Couples will only be 1 Day visits like they have made to Portugal and France. And like the dutch and belgian Royal Couples have done to other countries. So most liekly no evevning recpetion. perhaps there is a chance to see wome brooches but Queen Letizia rarerly wears them. The same for necklaces.
  #1177  
Old 09-30-2014, 12:55 PM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I guess this Visit's by the spanish Royal Couples will only be 1 Day visits like they have made to Portugal and France. And like the dutch and belgian Royal Couples have done to other countries. So most liekly no evevning recpetion. perhaps there is a chance to see wome brooches but Queen Letizia rarerly wears them. The same for necklaces.
I think you are right, they will be day events only.

I think it would be great if Letizia starts to wear a few brooches, at least when meeting royalty. I appreciate the domestic environment is probably not conducive to flashing the jewellery, but when representing Spain with international royalty, I think HM would be perfectly justified.
  #1178  
Old 09-30-2014, 01:57 PM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 4,312
They will be a Royal Party for the 50th birthday of the prince of Wurtenberg at The Duke of Baviera's Castle.
  #1179  
Old 09-30-2014, 03:38 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 17,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I think you are right, they will be day events only.

I think it would be great if Letizia starts to wear a few brooches, at least when meeting royalty. I appreciate the domestic environment is probably not conducive to flashing the jewellery, but when representing Spain with international royalty, I think HM would be perfectly justified.
Of late we've been lucky as Letizia has worn some different earrings but that seems to be it,the rings,brooches and necklaces have been banished to bling bling purgatory.At the recent Proclamation Ceremony where she became the new Queen consort of Spain I was hoping for Letizia to make an effort and pull out all her good pieces and shake off all that dust .I really did think that occasion warranted the fleur de lys brooch or her very best pair of earrings but no we got the boring diamond stars .I think royal jewel watchers are in for a very long prolonged jewel drought with queen Letizia.
__________________
September 14th, 1982-Death of HSH Princess Grace of Monaco
  #1180  
Old 09-30-2014, 07:45 PM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 4,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Of late we've been lucky as Letizia has worn some different earrings but that seems to be it,the rings,brooches and necklaces have been banished to bling bling purgatory.At the recent Proclamation Ceremony where she became the new Queen consort of Spain I was hoping for Letizia to make an effort and pull out all her good pieces and shake off all that dust .I really did think that occasion warranted the fleur de lys brooch or her very best pair of earrings but no we got the boring diamond stars .I think royal jewel watchers are in for a very long prolonged jewel drought with queen Letizia.
I think as the Spanish economy strengthens, jewel sightings will increase.
__________________

__________________
The Force is my tiara.
Closed Thread

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 2: 2016 Tilia C. Royal Jewels General Discussion 519 01-05-2017 12:46 PM
Tiara's and jewels Queen Maxima might use IloveCP Royal Jewels General Discussion 41 03-29-2013 05:29 PM
Upcoming Royal Weddings: March 2008 - December 2010 HMTLove23 Royal Weddings General Discussion 72 01-02-2011 12:35 PM
Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events 1 : Dec.2002 - Oct.2003 Lorraine Current Events Archive 194 10-31-2003 02:31 PM




Popular Tags
albania best outfit birthday coel hen crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit eveningwear crown princess victoria current events denmark duchess of cambridge cocktail dresses family fashion fashion poll fashion suggestions queen maxima general news infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe letizia monarchy morgan murder nazi news november november 2016 october 2016 october november 2016 paris picture of the week picture of the week november 2016 pieter van vollenhoven prince charles prince liam princess charlene fashion princess mary princess mary fashion princess mette-marit in canada princess of asturias princess sofia queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathilde fashion queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania state visit successes succession sweden swedish royal family the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats victoria


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:46 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises