The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 11:34 AM
Courtier

There are 2 scheduled galas in sweden in the coming days. One on the 8th of September and one on the 9th. Both are for world childhood foundation and the first will take place somewhere in Stockholm and the second one at the royal palace in Stockholm .....I wonder if any of them (esp the second one due to it's location) will be white tie.
H.K.H. Prinsessan Madeleine - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Another gala is scheduled for the 18th of November .....I'm sure it'll be white tie since it's one of those representation galas.....so my guesses for the queen(since she's the only women scheduled to attend for now,though I'm sure more will be added later) are the 9 prong, the diamond Connaught or the amethysts parure

Old 08-28-2014, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

I can't imagine that the two galas for Childhood will be white tie.

But the representation dinner is something to look forward to. My guess for the queen is the 9-prongs tiara and for Victoria hopefully the fringe once again. She hasn't worn it since 2011! It's about time that she wears it again!

Old 08-29-2014, 08:31 AM
Aristocracy

Two upcoming statevisits for the Dutch! One to Japan (29-31 October) and one to South-Korea (3-4 November)!
Let's start speculating for the tiaras (I hope the Queen wears two different (or more) ones, I think she will). I think especially Japan will be glittering (hopefully we'll have two big tiara-galas there, we don't have the program yet).
So what do we think?
I at least expect a big gun for Japan's State Banquet.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:56 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I am expecting a large tiara for Japan too. Not the Stuart one sadly, as I think we either will never see that one again or will only see it at a special occasion like WA's 50th birthday or a state visit to the UK. Since the sapphire tiara was recently worn I am hoping for the Württemberg pearl tiara in Tokyo. Beatrix wore Anna Pavovna's pearls during her Japanese state visit btw.

For South Korea I am expecting a smaller one, perhaps Queen Emma's diamond tiara as Máxima already wore the two ruby tiaras, the bandeau, Anna Pavlovna's pearl tiara and the emerald and the larger sapphire ones since she became queen.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:43 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I am expecting a large tiara for Japan too. Not the Stuart one sadly, as I think we either will never see that one again or will only see it at a special occasion like WA's 50th birthday or a state visit to the UK. Since the sapphire tiara was recently worn I am hoping for the Württemberg pearl tiara in Tokyo. Beatrix wore Anna Pavovna's pearls during her Japanese state visit btw.

For South Korea I am expecting a smaller one, perhaps Queen Emma's diamond tiara as Máxima already wore the two ruby tiaras, the bandeau, Anna Pavlovna's pearl tiara and the emerald and the larger sapphire ones since she became queen.
Yes, I think of a large one for Japan to honor the Imperial Family. The Württemberg would be great!!!!! I think, that even Masako will attend, as she visited the Netherlands some years ago.
Bye Bine
Old 08-29-2014, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

I also hope for a big tiara in Japan. The Württemerg diamond and peral tiara with the upright pearls prongs would be great or perhaps the Sapphire tiara for a second time. Let's hope she will not wear a smaller one (or none at all) when the empress will not wear one (as apparently she was advised by her Doctor's). Im a also hoping for a return Event with tiara's. As for the Korea Visit my guess is that there will be a small tiara if any at all. Don't know the dresscode for State Banquet's there. Perhaps the diamond bandeau.

Interesting will be also which tiara we will see on the head of Princess Maria Theresia of Thurn and Taxis on 13.09.. As far as known the only tiara witout coloured stones the Family has not sold is the big Empire tiara. But i doubt she will use this one as it was never worn by Fürstin Gloria. Perhaps the can remove the emerald drops from the emerald tiara and either leave it without anything or they can (if they have some) hang in pearl in the holes.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:49 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I can't imagine that the two galas for Childhood will be white tie.

But the representation dinner is something to look forward to. My guess for the queen is the 9-prongs tiara and for Victoria hopefully the fringe once again. She hasn't worn it since 2011! It's about time that she wears it again!

My hope for the representation dinner is that we finally get to see the tiara of Estelle Bernadotte that the rumours say the royal family bought back from her sons.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 08-29-2014, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

Japan: At the last two New Year Receptions the Empress didn't wear a tiara, but all the imperial Princesses still did. So I don't think there will be a reason for Maxima to go bare headed . I agree that she'd probably wear one of the bigger tiaras. And since coloured stones are not usually worn by the imperial ladies, the beautiful Württemberg pearl tiara would be a perfect choice, imo.

South Korea: I hope that the Queen will wear a small tiara in South Korea, even if the banquet might be black tie. It would be great if she finally gives the laurel wreath tiara a go.

Ah, the Thurn und Taxis wedding. I'm so much looking forward to that one! Difficult to say whether the Empire tiara is still there. It wasn't sold at the auction because the price limit was not reached. But maybe there was an unknown private sale afterwards? On the other hand I assume that Fürstin Gloria never wore it because she is a colour-loving lady who was always attracted by the coloured stones. The large size of the Empire tiara can't have been the reason for Gloria's not wearing it, as she's worn the excessively large sapphire tiara several times.

Imo, it would make sense if the Empire tiara will be worn by Albert's bride (I hope he'll find her soon!). She will be the Fürstin upon her marriage, so that seems proper.

Gloria's love for colour seems to have rubbed off on to her two daughters. So maybe we will see a ruby bride? (The sapphire tiara is too much of a big monster, imo, so I hope that it won't make the race. And I find it difficult to imagine an emerald green wedding tiara, although it is a lovely piece). It's just two more weeks!
Old 08-29-2014, 11:27 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
Yes, I think of a large one for Japan to honor the Imperial Family. The Württemberg would be great!!!!! I think, that even Masako will attend, as she visited the Netherlands some years ago.
Bye Bine
Not some years ago, just one year ago Princess Masako made her first official foreign trip in more than a decade: she did attend the Investiture of the King.

Pic: Crown Prince Naruhito and Princess Masako arrive at the Nieuwe Kerk in Amsterdam: http://jto.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-conte...1a-870x630.jpg
Old 08-29-2014, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
J

Ah, the Thurn und Taxis wedding. I'm so much looking forward to that one! Difficult to say whether the Empire tiara is still there. It wasn't sold at the auction because the price limit was not reached. But maybe there was an unknown private sale afterwards? On the other hand I assume that Fürstin Gloria never wore it because she is a colour-loving lady who was always attracted by the coloured stones. The large size of the Empire tiara can't have been the reason for Gloria's not wearing it, as she's worn the excessively large sapphire tiara several times.

Imo, it would make sense if the Empire tiara will be worn by Albert's bride (I hope he'll find her soon!). She will be the Fürstin upon her marriage, so that seems proper.

Gloria's love for colour seems to have rubbed off on to her two daughters. So maybe we will see a ruby bride? (The sapphire tiara is too much of a big monster, imo, so I hope that it won't make the race. And I find it difficult to imagine an emerald green wedding tiara, although it is a lovely piece). It's just two more weeks!
But Fürstin Gloria also has worn the diamond and pearl tiara of Empress Eugenuie a few times before it was sold and apparently also the beautiful fuchsia tiara at last once. I agree that the ruby tiara would make a nice bridal tiara as the rubies are not taht big. But one never knows perhaps there is still an diamonad tiara in the Vaults which has not seen the light of the day sicne decades.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:38 AM
Majesty

State Visit to Japan: I hope Queen Máxima will wear the Württemberg Ornate Pearl Diadem in full setting, that means: with all upright pearls on top. The last time this happened was in 1966, at the wedding of Princess Beatrix. Last year Queen Beatrix wore upright pearls but only a few, not all of them.

The diadem with 11 top pearls: http://www.anp-archief.nl/attachment/240854

The diadem with 5 top pearls, so to see: http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...16UVxWtS1x.jpg

The diadem without top pearls: http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/W...iEyfQPzmVx.jpg
Old 08-29-2014, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
But Fürstin Gloria also has worn the diamond and pearl tiara of Empress Eugenuie a few times before it was sold and apparently also the beautiful fuchsia tiara at last once. I agree that the ruby tiara would make a nice bridal tiara as the rubies are not taht big. But one never knows perhaps there is still an diamonad tiara in the Vaults which has not seen the light of the day sicne decades.
Oops, I forgot that she'd worn the fuchsia tiara and the pearl tiara. Both very beautiful tiaras that would be perfect for a bride. Alas, they are gone. But I find it difficult to imagine that Gloria would have kept some nice, wearable tiaras unworn in the vaults, while she sold some tiaras which she obviously liked well enough to wear them.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Not some years ago, just one year ago Princess Masako made her first official foreign trip in more than a decade: she did attend the Investiture of the King.

Pic: Crown Prince Naruhito and Princess Masako arrive at the Nieuwe Kerk in Amsterdam: http://jto.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-conte...1a-870x630.jpg
It would be so great to see Princess Masako with a tiara a the gala dinner. But I don't think that it will happen. Imo, it's more likely that she will attend some shorter minor event with the guests and have a private meeting behind the scenes.

It's a pity that Princess Kako's 20th birthday is after the Visit. Otherwise it might have been her first full tiara event. Princess Noriko on the other hand, will already be married and no longer attend .
Old 08-29-2014, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Oops, I forgot that she'd worn the fuchsia tiara and the pearl tiara. Both very beautiful tiaras that would be perfect for a bride. Alas, they are gone. But I find it difficult to imagine that Gloria would have kept some nice, wearable tiaras unworn in the vaults, while she sold some tiaras which she obviously liked well enough to wear them.
I think that the pearl tiara was sold because it could be expected that it could be sold to a high price. And we haven't seen her often wearing a tiara since the death of her husband and the big auction so one never knows. Apparently she once said that there are still Parures/Jewels with all mayor stones in the Vaults.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
State Visit to Japan: I hope Queen Máxima will wear the Württemberg Ornate Pearl Diadem in full setting, that means: with all upright pearls on top. The last time this happened was in 1966, at the wedding of Princess Beatrix. Last year Queen Beatrix wore upright pearls but only a few, not all of them.

The diadem with 11 top pearls: http://www.anp-archief.nl/attachment/240854

The diadem with 5 top pearls, so to see: http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...16UVxWtS1x.jpg

The diadem without top pearls: http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/W...iEyfQPzmVx.jpg
Wasn't it also worn at the State Visit to the Uk in the early 1980's with all upright pearls?
Old 08-29-2014, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Wasn't it also worn at the State Visit to the Uk in the early 1980's with all upright pearls?
I think you are right, Stefan:
http://s10.postimg.org/w1tshhuyh/W_rttemberg_pearl.jpg
Old 08-29-2014, 04:10 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Oh yes how could I forget that only one complete outing during Queen Beatrix' Reign? Here is a video of that with both Queens glitzing and glamming, look how big it is in complete setting. Too bad that Queen Beatrix wore it so tilted and the sides buried in the hair (very short flash of only a few seconds, both Queens in white gowns):

Staatsbezoek aan Groot-Brittannië, 1982 - YouTube
Old 09-11-2014, 05:29 AM
Majesty

I hope Maxima will wear the Stuart Tiara at the Japan visit. I think it's the perfect tiara to meet an Emperor and Empress.
Old 09-11-2014, 06:01 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I hope Maxima will wear the Stuart Tiara at the Japan visit. I think it's the perfect tiara to meet an Emperor and Empress.
It would be so wonderful to see the Stuart Tiara worn again! But I doubt the Queen Maxima will wear it abroad for the first time. And I don't think that she will wear it during the very first years of her reign.

I am curious whether she will wear a white tiara, like the Japanese ladies usually do, or something with coloured stones. A ruby parure would display the colours of the Japanese flag. And I would love to see the peacock parure's necklace once again.
Old 09-13-2014, 02:08 AM
Majesty

I know it will be in 3 months, but here are my predictions for the 2014 Nobel Prizes:

Queen Silvia: Sapphire Parure
Crown Princess Victoria: Baden Fringe Tiara
Princess Madeleine: Connaught Tiara

Dinner for the laureates:

Queen Silvia: Nine Prong Tiara
Crown Princess Victoria: Amethyst Tiara
Princess Madeleine: Modern Fringe Tiara

If Sofia goes, I think she will wear the Four Button tiara, then the Diamond Bandeau.

I really hope Silvia will wear the Cameo tiara this year, but I somehow doubt it.

Closed Thread

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara