Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events

Hans-Rickard, the attendence of Queen Margrethe and CP Mary have been confirmed, but not that of Princess Marie. I fear you have to take her out of your list:sad:, although I'd like to see the Flora Danica tiara again.

I love the idea of Märtha-Louise with the Vasa tiara! And what if Mette-Marit wore the diamond tiara of Queen Maud, the one that Pr. Ragnhild used to wear?:D Completely unlikely, but dreaming is allowed!

I don't think that we can count on that. Queen Silvia has worn the Connaught tiara unusually frequently over the last 18 months or so. More often than the 9 prongs. So I think she just wanted to wear Queen Sophia's diamond tiara once again.

Ok i'll remove her name and tiara until an eventual confirmation. I hope she'll attend and wear the flora danica tiara as i really want to see it again. Has there been any confirmation about Princess Benedikte or is it just the Queen and the Crown Prince Couple ? If Benedikte is going then Joachim will likely have to stay at home and hold the fort as "Rigsforstander".

It's always difficult to guess wich tiara Queen Silvia will use at events like this. She has some suitable pieces like the Braganza tiara, Cameo tiara, Leuchtenberg tiara, Nine prong tiara or any of the Connaught tiaras.
I picked the Connaught Ruby tiara as i really want to see it together with Princess Lilians scarab necklase :)

Last edited:
Wasn't there a rumour that the bigger and historically significant tiaras of both Ragnhild and Astrid was destined to go back to the main line of the family?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

As have been said Ragnhilds biggest tiara is back with the King.
I read at Trond Norén Isaksens blog some time ago that Astrid has said that her 2 biggest tiaras, the Vasa tiara and the Turqoise tiara will go to the King upon her death and her 3 smaller tiaras will be left to her children.

:D :flowers: You can leave Princess Marie and the Flora Danica tiara in your list, Hans-Rickard!! Billed Bladed now reports that there attendance has been added to the calendar. Gosh, how I sometimes enjoy to be wrong! I too hope that she will wear the lily tiara, her other tiara has been kind of over-used.

:D :flowers: You can leave Princess Marie and the Flora Danica tiara in your list, Hans-Rickard!! Billed Bladed now reports that there attendance has been added to the calendar. Gosh, how I sometimes enjoy to be wrong! I too hope that she will wear the lily tiara, her other tiara has been kind of over-used.

The lily tiara would be a wlecome change but my guess is that we will see again her floral wreath tiara.

Haha then she is back in my list. The flora danica made tiara too. It is one of the nicest "modern" tiaras i have ever seen and it is definitely a suitable choice for the occasion.

Though i also fear it will be the usual one.

It will be the very last tiara wedding for a long time.

The future royal weddings are from Luxembourg : Princess Charlotte and Prince Sebastien.

The future royal weddings are from Luxembourg : Princess Charlotte and Prince Sebastien.

And 3 possible british weddings (Harry, Bea, Eugenie) but they are all "hat parades"

I'm not sure if Princess Alexandra and Prince Sebastien's royal weddings will feature tiara events though unlike the HGD's wedding.

:previous: Only HGD Guillaume's wedding had a tiara pre-wedding. As we saw at the wedding of Felix & Claire that is not done for the younger children. :sad:

I reckon that it will be about 15 years till we can expect the next generation of Skandinavian royals to marry. And who knows if they will still do white tie weddings? We have seen a continued decline in white tie events for many decades. Remember how a young Queen Elizabeth used to wear tiaras to the cinema premieres? Those were the days!

But at least bridal tiaras are still en vogue, and we can expect to see some British an Luxembourg tiara brides over the next few years. And Belgian: don't forget the younger kids of Princess Astrid.

:previous: Only HGD Guillaume's wedding had a tiara pre-wedding. As we saw at the wedding of Felix & Claire that is not done for the younger children. :sad:

It will probably depend on where and how big their Wedding will be. I heard once that it is likely that Alexandra will have a big Wedding in Luxem,bourg like her aunts. I beleive there was also a pre-Wedding tiara Ball or a combined one.

And 3 possible british weddings (Harry, Bea, Eugenie) but they are all "hat parades"

The ex-king of Greece still has two unmarried children that are of the right age to get married. And the weddings of their three eldest children all were rather nice events to watch. Only a tiara for the bride as well though.

Other than that, we have some round birthdays coming up. The king of Sweden will turn 70 next year. Let's hope that he will celebrate it in a similar style as his 50th birthday, which was one of the most glamorous royal events of the last decades (as were his 40th and 60th birthdays). And 2017 will - God willing - see the 80th birthday of the king and queen of Norway, usually a tiara event as well (at least for the kig). And also the 50th birthday of the King of The Netherlands; who hopefully will upgrade the dress code as it would be the perfect occasion for the Stuart to finally make its comeback after 45 years of gathering dust.

Last edited:
For the younger Greek royals we probably won't have much trouble in guessing the bridal tiaras: the Khedive for Theodora and the antique corsage tiara for Princess Philippos (unless the bride will come from a tiara owning family). But you are right, those will be very interesting events.

I love how King WA and Queen Maxima upgraded the dress code at Dutch events so far. Not only was there a white tie gala at the enthronement, the Queen also trots out tiaras at official visits. Looking at that I believe it possible the King's 50th birthday will be white tie. And to think even further ahead: might there be white tie for the A-team weddings? But tbh, that is too far in the future to determine now.

If only Monaco would follow suit and start wearing tiaras at least for the Gala at the opera house on National day or one of the Princely Family balls!

I love how King WA and Queen Maxima upgraded the dress code at Dutch events so far. Not only was there a white tie gala at the enthronement, the Queen also trots out tiaras at official visits. Looking at that I believe it possible the King's 50th birthday will be white tie. And to think even further ahead: might there be white tie for the A-team weddings? But tbh, that is too far in the future to determine now.

Actually not white tie but black tie with tiaras for the Ladies.
As forr the A'Team's Wedding it might be that at the Balls befor the Wedding's also tiaras will be worn. Don't think at the Wedding's itself. But unfirtunately we get not many pics from the dutch Royals at this Events

The ex-king of Greece still has two unmarried children that are of the right age to get married. And the weddings of their three eldest children all were rather nice events to watch. Only a tiara for the bride as well though.

Other than that, we have some round birthdays coming up. The king of Sweden will turn 70 next year. Let's hope that he will celebrate it in a similar style as his 50th birthday, which was one of the most glamorous royal events of the last decades (as were his 40th and 60th birthdays). And 2017 will - God willing - see the 80th birthday of the king and queen of Norway, usually a tiara event as well (at least for the kig). And also the 50th birthday of the King of The Netherlands; who hopefully will upgrade the dress code as it would be the perfect occasion for the Stuart to finally make its comeback after 45 years of gathering dust.

And additionally the King of Norway celebrates his Silver Jubilee as King in January 2016. We could at least hope that he will invite the Nordic had of states for a white tie gala dinner.

If only Monaco would follow suit and start wearing tiaras at least for the Gala at the opera house on National day or one of the Princely Family balls!
At least they had tiaras for the wedding recption/ball.
But National Day? It looks so strange to see the gentleman in white tie and everybody with their orders, but no tiaras worn.
Actually not white tie but black tie with tiaras for the Ladies.
As forr the A'Team's Wedding it might be that at the Balls befor the Wedding's also tiaras will be worn. Don't think at the Wedding's itself. But unfirtunately we get not many pics from the dutch Royals at this Events
Typical me!:ROFLMAO: I never remember what the gentlemen wear, since I have my eyes only on the ladies.

WA and Maxima seem to be more free with pictures from glittering events than Beatrix was. Eg. they had a photo option before the diplomatic reception these last two years. So maybe they will allow arrival pics at future pre-wedding galas? Anyway, Amalia is only 11 now. It will be a long wait till we know.

But what about this year's diplomatic corps reception in the Netherlands? Has it already passed without pictures? Or is it still to come? How disappointing it would be if they already had decided to cancel to photo option at the royals' arrival.

What yearly Events are tiara worns?
Sweden
10th december nobel tiara event
11th december kings dinner tiara event
2 represenation dinners
Used to be 3 but one dinner were changed

Denmark
New year gala, tiara event

Norway
1 diplomatic dinner, tiara event

Uk
Opening of parlament tiara event
Diplomatic dinner, tiara event

And then there are state visits,
Weddings and birthday celebrations in scandinavia

At least they had tiaras for the wedding recption/ball.
But National Day? It looks so strange to see the gentleman in white tie and everybody with their orders, but no tiaras worn.

All those beautiful Princely family gems gathering dust ,unused and unseen for years,even Letizia is making a minimal effort to dust off her jewel chest having lost the key for a few years :D

What yearly Events are tiara worns?
Sweden
10th december nobel tiara event
11th december kings dinner tiara event
2 represenation dinners
Used to be 3 but one dinner were changed

Denmark
New year gala, tiara event

Norway
1 diplomatic dinner, tiara event

Uk
Opening of parlament tiara event
Diplomatic dinner, tiara event

And then there are state visits,
Weddings and birthday celebrations in scandinavia
- National Day Gala in Luxembourg
This is later this month. They don't always publish pictures, but during the last few years they did. Wouldn't it be nice if all the younger Lux ladies would be seen in tiaras?

All those beautiful Princely family gems gathering dust ,unused and unseen for years,even Letizia is making a minimal effort to dust off her jewel chest having lost the key for a few years :D
I doubt that the gems are gathering dust. They are probably sitting in neat fitted boxed, being periodically checked for damage and ticked off the list at an yearly inventory check. But I know what you mean (sorry for nit picking:whistling:). There are so many tiaras in the Monaco family, two from Princess Charlotte, at least two from Princess Grace, two new one for Princess Charlene and several other jewels that work well as hair ornaments. Sometimes I think that the Grimaldis only own their tiaras for the sake of loaning them to exhibitions. Don't they know that the exhibitions would be even more popular if the current Princess wore the jewels as well?:ermm:

Back to the Swedish wedding: Queen Maxima will attend! She is a really difficult one to guess because she has so many jewels to choose from. I think she will choose a tiara of a middle size, and probably not a repeat from this year. Antique pearl tiara perhaps?

Back to the Swedish wedding: Queen Maxima will attend! She is a really difficult one to guess because she has so many jewels to choose from. I think she will choose a tiara of a middle size, and probably not a repeat from this year. Antique pearl tiara perhaps?

Or the sapphire necklace7tiara. It would go well with Order of the Polar Star.-

I am hoping for a more succesful outing of the Wurttemberg pearl tiara with the dress she wore at her brothers wedding, but perhaps that would be too much (although.... this is Maxima we are talking about).

Can you recall when was the last time the The Emerald Parure had an outing?

Can you recall when was the last time the The Emerald Parure had an outing?
That was on June 3rd, 2014, the Official Visit of The Prince of Monaco to the Netherlands (when we wer eall so sad that pregnant Charlene couldn't accompany her husband).

I believe that Maxima will go for something bigger than the emerald tiara.

OMG now we are talking about europe's "jewel Queen nr 1"

Now we just wait for Spain to confirm Letizias attendance and we have an almost complete "Queen's without their husbands wedding :-D

Maxima wore the Diamond bandeau to Victorias wedding (i know Beatrix was still Queen then) and i think it's possible that she may do it again. The Antique pearl tiara or the Aquamarine parure are also possible.

Don't think she will wear something bigger though i wouldn't mind if she took the tiara Beatrix took to Victorias wedding, the mellerio Ruby tiara wich is my favourite dutch tiara.

I wouldn't mind to see Letizia also, she urgently needs a chance to wear another tiara. But probably she would repeat her own tiara. Let's wait, at the moment the Spanish agenda stops a June 12. As much as I like the rose cut bandeau, I do hope that she wears another tiara. There is no need for her to repeat a tiara within a few months.

I hope that she won't wear the Mellerio ruby tiara, I just don't like it. And remember that we all thought that she'd wear a small tiara in Canada, but no, it was the decent sized peacock tiara.

The Luxembourg agenda stops at the 11th, so there is still a chance that one of them might go.

I like all dutch ruby tiaras more or less. But i don't think the peacock tiara will be used at a wedding.

I predict Maxima will wear the Antique Pearl tiara at the wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom