The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 12:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

I hope that Victoria wears the Baden Fringe tiara at the Nobel events, not today (if this evening is a white tie event). I don't want to see the nine prong on queen Silvia this year anymore. And I'm curious when the queen will wear crown princess Margareta's scarab necklace for the first time.

Old 12-03-2013, 03:35 PM
Aristocracy

I think the Queen will wear the Nine Pronge tonight and for Victoria, I guess she will wear the Fringe or that horrible Cut Steel tiara (both Cut Steels are horrible I think).

Old 12-03-2013, 03:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaNL View Post
I think the Queen will wear the Nine Pronge tonight and for Victoria, I guess she will wear the Fringe or that horrible Cut Steel tiara (both Cut Steels are horrible I think).
Absolutely agree with you EmmaNL. Those steel cut tiaras are just horrible looking.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:46 PM
Aristocracy

Well, that's dissapointing. Just saw the first pics of tonights event.
Victoria is wearing the (horrible) Cut Steel (the big one) and Silvia wears the Connaught.

USCtrojan: I really think those are indeed horrible. I miss the diamonds and the other gems in it and I just don't like the design.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaNL View Post
Well, that's dissapointing. Just saw the first pics of tonights event.
Victoria is wearing the (horrible) Cut Steel (the big one) and Silvia wears the Connaught.

USCtrojan: I really think those are indeed horrible. I miss the diamonds and the other gems in it and I just don't like the design.
Pictures, please?

I had no idea there were diamonds and other gems associated with the tiara. Do we have a picture of the tiara with diamonds and gems? I seem to only know the tiara in the hideous steel form....
Old 12-03-2013, 03:52 PM
Aristocracy

Here are some pics (from APA)

I found it in the topic of the Swedish royal family....

I also don't know the tiara with diamonds, but it's just like because it's made out of steal, I miss the diamonds: because they were never there. (I'm sorry for my perhaps strange English).
Old 12-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm glad that Victoria wore the beautiful cut steel tiara, and saved the Baden Fringe hopefully to the Nobel events. Nice to see the queen with the Connaught tiara tonight.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Here are pictures of the event: APA-PictureDesk

Btw, I think that Victoria looks wonderful tonight, and I really, really like the Napoleonic cut steel Tiara. To me, it is beautiful, special in it's design, and full of history. Imo, it fits Victoria's face structure perfectly. And I love that there is so much diversity in the Swedish jewel collection.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:36 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Duchess of Cambridge is confirmed to be wearing a tiara for the first time since her wedding day at tonights Diplomatic reception, there is a slim very slim chance of pictures.

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 3m
The Duchess of Cambridge, the 1st time since her wedding day, s wearing a diamond tiara with a light-coloured lace gown.William in white tie
Old 12-03-2013, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The Duchess of Cambridge is confirmed to be wearing a tiara for the first time since her wedding day at tonights Diplomatic reception, there is a slim very slim chance of pictures.

The Duchess of Cambridge, the 1st time since her wedding day, s wearing a diamond tiara with a light-coloured lace gown.William in white tie
Too bad that she is attending exactly this white tie Event from which we almost never get to see pictures.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh I hope we get a picture!!!! I'm so curious to know which one she's wearing
Old 12-03-2013, 04:45 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

We've got a picture of Camilla arriving before, and if people are tweeting we'll possible get some kind of picture.

Diamond tiara & diamond drop earrings for Kate tonight as she joins HM at one of the most glittering events of the year at Buckingham Palace
Old 12-03-2013, 05:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I'm glad that Victoria wore the beautiful cut steel tiara, and saved the Baden Fringe hopefully to the Nobel events. Nice to see the queen with the Connaught tiara tonight.
I agree, great tiara choices tonight from Silvia and Victoria :) Is Silvia wearing the amethyst tiara or the amethyst braccelets as necklase ?
Old 12-03-2013, 05:44 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Catherine is wearing the Papyrus or Lotus Flower Tiara
http://markstewartphotographyltd.tum...-queen-mothers
Old 12-03-2013, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
I agree, great tiara choices tonight from Silvia and Victoria :) Is Silvia wearing the amethyst tiara or the amethyst braccelets as necklase ?
To me it appears to be the amethyst bracelets. The stones in the original necklace, now the tiara, are much bigger.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
To me it appears to be the amethyst bracelets. The stones in the original necklace, now the tiara, are much bigger.
Yes it are the bracelets. In the original necklace/now tiara there are aslo daimonds betweend the amethysts. Don't think it has been worn as necklace since it was converted to a tiara and the Queen also said it is very heavy and uncomfortable to wear as necklace.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:58 PM
Commoner

Catherine is wearing the Queen Mum's (later Princess Margaret's) Lotus Tiara, last seen worn by Hon. Serena Stanhope at her wedding to Viscount Linley.

The Queen Mum’s Lotus Flower Tiara « The Royal Post
Old 12-03-2013, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Catherine is wearing the Papyrus or Lotus Flower Tiara
Mark Stewart | The Duchess of Cambridge wears the Queen Mother
I can't stop grinning! So Queen Mum's papyrus tiara is out and about again! And the newest Duchess is finally wearing a tiara again. If only they would allow for decent picture moments. (It would be nice to also see the Queen, Camilla, Sophie, Anne... wouldn't it?) But at least there are some pics of Kate, I shouldn't be complaining.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaLF View Post
Catherine is wearing the Queen Mum's (later Princess Margaret's) Lotus Tiara, last seen worn by Hon. Serena Stanhope at her wedding to Peter Phillips.

The Queen Mum’s Lotus Flower Tiara « The Royal Post
Serena married Princess Margret's son Viscount Linley.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:37 PM
Commoner

ACK, you're right! I blame the excitement over finally seeing Kate in a tiara, my poor brain!

Closed Thread

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara