Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Victoria will take part in the reception dinner so tiaras for silvia and victoria
yay

It would be so nice if the Queen opted for something different than the Nine Prong or the Leuchtenberg tiara for the Nobels this year, she has worn them for too many years now. Maybe a debute for the Ruby tiara at the ceremony and banquet.

It's true that that the State banquet in Paris is black tie, but QEII wore on of her bug guns. I think that the Queen will wear one of the tiaras with a french provenance, so she could go with Queen Josephines Amethysts as well. That would be nice as not has worn it for French state visit before.

I never get tired of the Leuchtenberg set, it is so stunning. The prettiest parure still in use by any royal family IMHO. And it suits the queen very well. I prefer the ruby tiara as a necklace TBH, as a tiara it looks unbalanced.

Last edited:
TBH, I never get tired of the Leuchtenberg set, it is so stunning. The prettiest parure still in use by any royal family IMHO. And it suits the queen very well. I prefer the ruby tiara as a necklace TBH, as a tiara it looks unbalanced.

I agree that the Leuchtenberg sapphires are stunning, and I would love to see them in Paris in December. But I think that the Queen with the vast collection of tiaras could alternate a bit more among the tiaras for the Nobels.

Tomorrow there will be a state banquet in Luxembourg for the German President Joachim Gauck.

I'm particularly curious to see the tiara of HGD Stephanie. Will she break in another new tiara? Or will she repeat a tiara for the first time? I somehow think that she will wear the butterfly tiara again. It could be a sign that it's her personal tiara and dear to her because of the giver.

I think that the grand duchess will wear the choker tiara or the Societe general tiara.

Tomorrow there will be a state banquet in Luxembourg for the German President Joachim Gauck.

I'm particularly curious to see the tiara of HGD Stephanie. Will she break in another new tiara? Or will she repeat a tiara for the first time? I somehow think that she will wear the butterfly tiara again. It could be a sign that it's her personal tiara and dear to her because of the giver.

I think that the grand duchess will wear the choker tiara or the Societe general tiara.

Let's hope that the Grand Duchess will be present at the dinner at all as it was said in the Programm on monarchie.lu that she will not attend most Events because of her operation in September.
Would like to see the amethyst tiara worn by the Grand Duchess on nationakl Day once on Stéphanie but i don't think she will wear it for the State Banquet as the Colours would clash with the german order. Unfortunately the Grand Ducal Family does not have a ruby tiara therefore i guess she will wear a diamond tiara without coloured stones.

Let's hope that the Grand Duchess will be present at the dinner at all as it was said in the Programm on monarchie.lu that she will not attend most Events because of her operation in September.
Would like to see the amethyst tiara worn by the Grand Duchess on nationakl Day once on Stéphanie but i don't think she will wear it for the State Banquet as the Colours would clash with the german order. Unfortunately the Grand Ducal Family does not have a ruby tiara therefore i guess she will wear a diamond tiara without coloured stones.
I hope that the banquet will be amoung the few events she is supposed to attend. At least there is not much moving and standing required.

When it comes to coordinating saches and jewels, they really need to go tiara shopping: they have several sapphire and emerald options, turquoise, amethyst, aquamarines and even citrine (or is it topaz?). But no rubies!

I think the Grand Duchess will skip the banquet and give the honneurs to her daughter-in-law, the Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie.

:flowers:

I think the Grand Duchess will skip the banquet and give the honneurs to her daughter-in-law, the Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie.

:flowers:

According to the official program of the visit, the grand duchess will attend at the dinner, although she doesn't take part in many activities due to her operation last month.
Visite d’État au Luxembourg du président de la République fédérale d’Allemagne, Joachim Gauck, et de Madame Daniela Schadt (3.-5.11.2014) - gouvernement.lu // L’actualité du gouvernement du Luxembourg

Ha, that is nice, I am curious which jewels the Grand Duchess will wear. I must say that most jewels which looked fabulous on Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte or Grand Duchess Charlotte, do not have the same effect on the present Grand Duchess. Her face and body structure are so different and this shows in the overall image.

Good to know that the Grand Duchess will attend the Dinner.

I also think that Queen Maxima will choose one of the smaller tiaras in South Korea. Although she wore the ruby peacock tiara for the black tie banquet in Poland, and that is not a very small tiara either. My guess is that she wears the diamond bandeau, which seems to be amoung her favourites. (It's amoung my favourites as well;).)

Queen Máxima can also surprise us with another new diadem, like the diamond Ears-of-Wheat Diadem: https://royaltyaroundtheworld.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/clipboard0116.jpg?w=604 or the Empire Laurel Wreath Diadem: http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2006/06103035.jpg
I also hope that Maxima will wear these two tiaras one day. Admittedly the ears-of-wheat is not a favourite of mine. It looks awkward because it has a central dent instead of a central rise. Imo it only works with a wedding veil filling the dent.

But I don't think that the Queen will debut two tiaras in a row. Imo, she will wear a repeat tiara now that she just debuted the gorgeous Württemberg pearls.

You got your wish, Stefan:flowers:! The amethyst tiara and necklace for HGD Stephanie once again! The order sash was no issue as there were nor orders and black tie for the gentleman:ermm:.

From the current photo I can't make out which tiara the GD has hidden in her hair. Maybe the emerald peacock tiara?

Another disappointment: no tiara in Seoul, but Maxima wore two diamond bow brooches in her hair.

You got your wish, Stefan:flowers:! The amethyst tiara and necklace for HGD Stephanie once again! The order sash was no issue as there were nor orders and black tie for the gentleman:ermm:.

From the current photo I can't make out which tiara the GD has hidden in her hair. Maybe the emerald peacock tiara?

Another disappointment: no tiara in Seoul, but Maxima wore two diamond bow brooches in her hair.

I only wanted to see the other amethyst tiara again so that we get better pics from it. I think it could be the ctrine/topaz bandeau on the GD. Pity that the State Banquet was not white tie, so that we could see the sash of our Order worn.
Yes the State Banquet in South Korea was really disappointing and i don't think it deserves the name Gala. I thought it would at last be black tie for the men and long gowns for the woman but it seems sadly more and more Republics lower the dresscode for this Events more and more (like also Kroatia at the State Visit of the danish Royal Couple).

Ha, that is nice, I am curious which jewels the Grand Duchess will wear. I must say that most jewels which looked fabulous on Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte or Grand Duchess Charlotte, do not have the same effect on the present Grand Duchess. Her face and body structure are so different and this shows in the overall image.

I am sad to have to agree with you, here Duc. At first I thought it might be the fact that MT is so small in stature. But the late Princess Margaret Countess of Snowden was also very short and was able to pull off magnificent jewels famously well.

However, in every other way I think Maria-Teresa has been a superb Grand Duchess of Luxembourg.

I only wanted to see the other amethyst tiara again so that we get better pics from it. I think it could be the ctrine/topaz bandeau on the GD. Pity that the State Banquet was not white tie, so that we could see the sash of our Order worn.
Yes the State Banquet in South Korea was really disappointing and i don't think it deserves the name Gala. I thought it would at last be black tie for the men and long gowns for the woman but it seems sadly more and more Republics lower the dresscode for this Events more and more (like also Kroatia at the State Visit of the danish Royal Couple).
Oops, sorry for my misunderstanding. The second amethyst tiara really is a mystery, imo. Why have two so extremely similar tiaras? It seems to me that the stones in one are more oval shape while those in the other seem rectangular. But better pics indeed are needed to clarify the matter.

The downgrading of the dress code really is a sad matter, imho. And now even Luxembourg had at black tie State Banquet! Actually I feared that Spain might be the first to go down to black tie, but luckily the last State Banquet was white tie as usual.

The downgrading of the dress code really is a sad matter, imho. And now even Luxembourg had at black tie State Banquet! Actually I feared that Spain might be the first to go down to black tie, but luckily the last State Banquet was white tie as usual.

At last the luxemburgian ladies also wear their tiaras (albeit smaller) also for black tie Events which would probably not be the case in Spain.

At last the luxemburgian ladies also wear their tiaras (albeit smaller) also for black tie Events which would probably not be the case in Spain.

That's a good point :flowers:!

Prince William and Kate Middleton to stand in for the Queen at Royal Variety Performance | Daily Mail Online

I am expecting Catherine to put in a suitably bejewelled appearance at the Royal Variety Show. Might we see the Nizam of Hyderabad necklace again? Thought welcome.

I would love to see that amazing, fabulous, stunning, huge and glittering necklace with rubies and diamonds from Mouawad again. She only wore it once, and it absolutely deserves another outing VERY soon.
Other big diamond necklaces are also very welcome, but I would love to see the ruby-diamond one again.

Is the Swedish Nobel Ceremony the next European Tiara Event,or does anyone know of any upcoming State Visits before Christmas?

I pray to god that the lovely Catherine of Cambridge will soon get to wear some big fat rubies.Oh, she must wear rubies! They are so stingy in britain.:nonono: And why?They do not suit the Liz-who-must-not-be-named.:bangin:

Is the Swedish Nobel Ceremony the next European Tiara Event,or does anyone know of any upcoming State Visits before Christmas?

There will be one of the annual representations Dinners in Sweden on 19.11. and aslo a swedish State Viusit to France at the beginning of December. So we will see plenty of swedish tiaras in the coming weeks.

There will be one of the annual representations Dinners in Sweden on 19.11. and aslo a swedish State Viusit to France at the beginning of December. So we will see plenty of swedish tiaras in the coming weeks.

Excellent new Stefan,thank goodness for the Swedish Royal Family!

The official dinner in Sweden is on 18th November.

I would love to see that amazing, fabulous, stunning, huge and glittering necklace with rubies and diamonds from Mouawad again. She only wore it once, and it absolutely deserves another outing VERY soon.
Other big diamond necklaces are also very welcome, but I would love to see the ruby-diamond one again.

Indeed. Or for that matter, any other nice jewellery that she may have that we have not seen yet.

When is the annual reception for the diplomatic Corps in the UK? Perhaps we will get again some pics from the Royals arriving in Cars like last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom