Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice would pe Queen Sofia in the Diamond and pearl tiara from Queen Victoria Eugenie and Letizia in the Mellerio Shell tiara. But please an updo on letizia and not the loose hair with tiaras like she has worn it the last times.

Nice would pe Queen Sofia in the Diamond and pearl tiara from Queen Victoria Eugenie and Letizia in the Mellerio Shell tiara. But please an updo on letizia and not the loose hair with tiaras like she has worn it the last times.

Yes, an updo. It looks too casual!

Oh dear, it is the usual combination of Prussian tiara for Letizia and the floral tiara for the Queen. No elegant up-do, but the standard loose curls.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
I didn't yet see good enough pictures to determin if she wears a proper brooch on the sash or that safety pin again.
Looks like we have to photo shop if we ever want to see Letizia with an elegant up-do and another tiara. I'd better pour myself a glass of wine and raid the fridge to get of a severe disappointment.

It would be fun if the royal families read these pages and took some of our suggestions.

I completely agree-they need to read the pages and do something less predictable!
On another note, and this is not the right thread I am sure, but I am not loving the Prince of Asturias with a beard. He's such a handsome man--why hide behind all of that??

Vietman event and the Spanish Tiara's?-

....................................................................................................yawn, stretch, blahh!

Yep, it was predictable.That's why lumutqueen and I got our guess right (let's pat our own shoulders ;)). And I wish we were wrong in this one, these repetitions get so boring. And it wouldn't really cost them anything to vary the ancient jewels, so the crisis it no good excuse. The SRF does not have that many tiara, but those they have are all beautiful and wearable. But for some reason they keep their jewellery very understated. As if they don't want to be too showy while there is talk about a republic (my guess). They don't have us royal watchers and tiaraholics in mind when choosing their outfits. You know, I guess they all have a fairly good idea about what is going on on the internet and forums like ours. Maybe the royals don't check out the net themselves, but surely they have a public relations department who keep an eye or two on the www and hand in a report to their bosses once in a while.

I haven't heard about another state visit scheduled for this year. So the next event might be the annual New Year reception in Denmark.
Last year: Queen Margrethe wore the pearl tiara, Mary the gorgeous rubies, Marie the floral tiara.
I haven't yet made up my mind, so you may go ahead guessing.

P.S. I agree about the beard, it's doing nothing for Felipe. We can only hope that at least Letizia likes it.

... and let us know if I missed out another event for this year:flowers:

There are no STate Visits there anymore but iof we are lucky we will have to 2 tiara EVents in Denmark today and tomorrow. Today there is a Gala performance at the Royal Theatre and tomorrow Queen Margrethe hosts a Banquet for the Heads of State who are paticipatin at the Cilma Conference.
Then the next one is the New Years gala in denmark. I thinkn bQueen Margrethe will wear then either the emerald parure or the big floral tiara as for this Events she either wears the Emeralds the big floral tiara or the Diamond and Pearl tiara which she has used this year. Mary will wear as always for this Event the ruby Parure and Marie her floral wreath tiara.

New Year
Princess Mary = The Ruby Parue.
Queen Margrethe = I hope she wears the tiara she wore for M&F's wedding. http://cdn.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2936&d=1065454302 The Diamond Floral Aigrette

But more than likely this years Diamond and Pearl tiara.

Princess Marie = Her Floral Wreath tiara.

BTW; which tiara is this one?
http://cdn.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31115&d=1071377365

The Banquet.
Princess Mary = Her wedding tiara or Midnight Tiara.
Princess Maire = No tiara.
Queen Margrethe = http://www.slaikjaer.org/turjew2.jpg
this one, does it have a name? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Are we even sure the Banquet is a white tie affair? Or is it black tie with the royal ladies opting to wear their ornamental jewellery?

If indeed it is, and considering the foreign heads of state and dignitaries attending, it's my opinion that the 'heavy artillery' should be on display.

I don't expect either of the two night time events to be white tie plus tiaras.
In the context of the climate summit, I believe the Danish RF to be smart enough to reduce the display of massive bling and declare the dress code for the theatre gala and the closing banquet as black tie.

I wouldn't have thought so either myself, though a Danish friend of mine seems to think the banquet shall be a tiara event. Whether or not it is, time will tell. . .

I think even if the Banquet is a black tie Event the royal ladies will wear tiaras. The Banquet which the Queen hosted in Spring this year was also black tie but the ladies wore tiaras.

I would love to see Mary in that charming tiara she recently wore with moonstones (I believe) in it--but I think it was a loaner; such a pity. It was creative and charming and lovely--a much more impressive artistic piece than those light up golden poppies.

If it is a tiara event then I would personally love to see Mary in something a little different than the rubies or her wedding tiara--like the turquoise bandeau, for example. That would be charming--but since we most recently saw that piece I imagine it will not make a reappearance. My guess is we'll see Mary in her wedding tiara with those wonderful aquamarines. Marie would wear the turquoises well, also. It would be nice to see her in something besides the floral--not that I mind the floral--it's beautiful.
Queen Margrethe--hard to tell what we might see her in--but I'm inclined to agree about the Baden Palmette tiara--it's quite lovely. I'd like to see the emeralds, but I think that right now they may want to be more understated and won't pull out the "big" jewels.

Hmmm, if rumors point towards a tiara banquet tomorrow, it would be all the more interesting (also for this guessing game) to finally see a guest list...
...with 'Heads of State' attending, it's possible that foreign monarchs may attend as well, and we could not 'only' expect the Danish royal ladies in tiaras.

As much as I would like to see one or two big international tiara events in Kopenhagen, I doubt that they that we will see it at the climate summit. White tie wouldn't be appropriate for this events.
So I guess that the next tiara event is the New Year gala, and I hope the Margrethe will wear the emerald parure again, although the floral aigrette might be more likely. Mary will wear the rubies and Marie the small floral tiara.

No Tiaras tonight, not even gala dresses.
Also no black or white tie for the gentlemen. :sad:

I'm very glade it wasn't a tiara event. With Green peace abound, murderous dictators seated and contingents leaving early it would have been most unfortunate to provide such a display of majesty.

I wish some form of decoration was worn, a hair accessory or a nice piece of jewellery. :)

A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR to all fellow tiaraholics and all the wonderful people on TRF!
Now that 2009 is closed and 2010 begins, I took a look back at the tiara-year 2009 and would like to share with you a couple of the memorable moments of last year’s tiara watching:

Maybe the most memorable was the re-appearance of the ruby peacock tiara on Princess Maxima in April at the state visit from Sweden. It was generally thought that this tiara had long been sold by Princess Irene. But no, there it was again in all its glory on the head of a radiant Maxima!

And than, only a month later, the next big surprise: Princess Margriet wore a never before seen sapphire tiara at the state visit from Chile. It appeared that this was the necklace of the sapphire parure on a tiara frame, topped with parts of the wedding gift parure. Since the grand sapphire tiara from the sapphire parure is exclusively worn by Queen Beatrix, there is now a smaller sapphire tiara to be worn by the other royal ladies.

Shortly after that, in June, CP Mary surprised us by wearing the contemporary midnight tiara at the gala for Prince Henrik’s 75 birthday. Unfortunately it turned out to be only a loan and most likely won’t be worn by Mary again. Still, I very much enjoyed seeing it worn by CP Mary at least once. It made a nice change since she usually only has two tiara’s at her disposal.

There was one other new tiara/bandeau seen last year: Princess Anne wore a gold an pearl bandeau at the state visit from India. Unfortunately nothing is known about this rather small piece, and there were not even clear photos of the princess royal. A disappointment, but still, one must not be ungrateful.

Another surprise from Great Britain: The Queen unearthed her wedding tiara, the diamond fringe tiara which was last worn by the Queen Mother, at the visit to Trinidad and Tobago. It was great to see it again, even if the hairstyle wasn’t that perfect on the occasion.

All in all it wasn’t a bad year for tiara watchers (and I will not dwell on the disappointments we suffered, like state visits without grand jewels or the boring repetitions of the same tiaras in Spain and the lack of appropriate hairstyles…).

So, what is the outlook for 2010? With some good luck the Dutch royal ladies will continue to rummage their vaults and there certainly are a couple of tiara’s which Princess Maxima might want to give a try. There certainly will be a couple of state visits, although I don’t expect much variation in Spain. The Spanish royal ladies seem to be determined to stay as boring as possible, tiara-wise. BUT there will be WEDDINGS, many of them! It will be so exciting to see the wedding tiaras of CP Victoria, Madeleine and Tatiana Blatnik (well, not all the wedding dates are set, but most likely they will be in 2010). With some good luck the weddings in Sweden, at least that of Victoria, will be white tie, afternoon weddings, with white tie pre-wedding galas as well. Meaning: many, many royal and noble guest in full splendor. We might have a chance to see the jewels many mayor and minor royals and members of disposed royal house. Let’s hope for a very enjoyable, spectacular and glittering tiara-year 2010.:flowers:

And tonight the New year gala in Copenhagen:
CP Mary: the ruby tiara http://i2-images.tv2.dk/s/98/16126498-0926c84f44e86b09fc46d65dfcf91fbd.jpeg
I haven't yet seen pictures of Queen Margrethe and Princess Marie.

:previous:
That was predictable, but I wish she would wear something new. :flowers:

I think the ruby and diamond parure is perfect for this annual New Year's event...nothing else in the DRF matches this parure except the emerald and diamond parure which can only be worn by the Queen. Princess Marie and some other European crown princesses do not have such magnificent jewels at their disposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom