Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the queen is wearing the nine prong tiara (no surprise) with the topaz demi parure (yummy)
but the this biggest mystery is princess Christina, she is wearing princess Margaretha's aquamarine tiara...could this really mean that the king really has bought it back and has lent it to Christina since Margaretha lives in England?
Representationsmiddag på Kungliga slottet - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

the queen is wearing the nine prong tiara (no surprise) with the topaz demi parure (yummy)
but the this biggest mystery is princess Christina, she is wearing princess Margaretha's aquamarine tiara...could this really mean that the king really has bought it back and has lent it to Christina since Margaretha lives in England?

YAY that's how my Queen should look.Nothing can go wrong with the pink topaz demi parure and the lovely "Nobel 2011 gown" :)

Princess Christina was a nice surprise. Maybe the King has bought it back or Princess Margaretha has sold or lent it to her sister.

Princess Margaretha wore the tiara at Victoria's wedding, but last summer at Madeleine's wedding she wore the Baden Fringe tiara.

:previous:
Hope that you are right about the aquamarine tiara yeyee :)
Queen Silvia looks fantastic great combination :flowers:

On Friday, April 5th, are King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima hosting a banquet at the Royal Palace in Amsterdam, for the King and Queen of Sweden to celebrate the 400th anniversary of diplomatic relations. May we hope for white tie and tiaras, and what do we expect in tiaras?

On Friday, April 5th, are King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima hosting a banquet at the Royal Palace in Amsterdam, for the King and Queen of Sweden to celebrate the 400th anniversary of diplomatic relations. May we hope for white tie and tiaras, and what do we expect in tiaras?

Someday I really hope to see the Stuart tiara on HM Queen Maxima!

Someday I really hope to see the Stuart tiara on HM Queen Maxima!

It would be amazing if Maxima wore that tiara at the Swedish visit. I know she never takes it out of the country but it would also be great if Silvia wore the Braganza tiara at the visit. It would be a wonderful site to see the Stuart tiara and the Braganza tiara at the same time! :D

It would be amazing if Maxima wore that tiara at the Swedish visit. I know she never takes it out of the country but it would also be great if Silvia wore the Braganza tiara at the visit. It would be a wonderful site to see the Stuart tiara and the Braganza tiara at the same time! :D

That would be very wonderful, but it isn't a state visit in fact, it's just an official visit so I don't know if we can even expect any tiaras during the banquet, although 'banquet' sounds like something with tiaras. I think Máx will only take the Stuart out if it is state visit from/to a monarchy...

Absolutely agree!

Queen Silvia has said that she will never take the braganza tiara out of Sweden anymore so i guess the state visit to Denmark in 2007 will be the only exception as long as Silvia is Queen Consort.
As this is not a state visit i don't of if we should expect tiaras at all.
If it is a tiara event i would love to see 2 ruby Queens. Silvia with the Edward VII ruby tiara and Maxima with the Mellerio ruby tiara would be something :) Or Silvia with the Leuchtenberg sapphire tiara and Maxima with the Mellerio sapphire tiara.

Last edited:
If Maxima wants to break out the Stuart Parure in the presence of Silvia with the Braganza whopper, then they should invite Maria Theresa with the Luxembourg Empire whopper as well!!! Wouldn’t we all love that sight?

But seriously, if Maxima intends to wear the Stuart during her husband’s reign, she’d probably wait for a couple of years. And it would be some really big event, like an incoming royal State Visit, or a jubilee. (Queen Beatrix didn’t celebrate her jubilees with tiara events, but maybe the current Monarchs will have it their own way?)

Last October Queen Maxima wore her wedding star tiara for a visit of Shimon Peres. And afaik, that was no State Visit, but only an official visit. So I think that there is a chance for tiaras, although no guarantee.

I think Máxima will wear the Stuart when they will make a state visit to a country that is a monarchy or when there is a incoming state visit from a country that is a monarchy...
I think we have to wait for a couple of years sadly enough, because they just had the introduction visits to those countries (Sweden, Denmark, Luxembourg, Norway, Belgium, Spain, Brittain). I think when there is a state visit to GB we can really expect the biggest tiara there is.
She wore the pearl tiara already last week and the diamond star tiara in October so I guess we won't see those two out again.
So for Friday I expect a smaller tiara, for example the small sapphire tiara, Queen Emma's Flower Tiara or the aquimarines...
However, I really hope for some rubies (the Peacock would do) or a new-to-her tiara.

I'm really looking forward to the State Visit to Poland, although I don't expect a big gun there either.

What do you expect (for Friday and for Poland)?

There was indeed a tiara event at the Swedish visit however, Maxima wore the Diamond Bandeau tiara and Queen Silvia wore the Connaught tiara:

Pic

She wore the pearl tiara already last week and the diamond star tiara in October so I guess we won't see those two out again.
So for Friday I expect a smaller tiara, for example the small sapphire tiara, Queen Emma's Flower Tiara or the aquimarines...
However, I really hope for some rubies (the Peacock would do) or a new-to-her tiara.

It was indeed a smaller tiara for Queen Máx (not the ones I mentioned) but... Princess Beatrix wore Queen Emma's Flower Tiara, so that one got an outing actually, although not on the Queen!

If Maxima wants to break out the Stuart Parure in the presence of Silvia with the Braganza whopper, then they should invite Maria Theresa with the Luxembourg Empire whopper as well!!! Wouldn’t we all love that sight?

Yes it would be great to see that! The closest thing we saw that was at Victoria and Daniel's wedding. However I don't think we saw photos of Silvia and Maria Teresa together.

And Queen Sofia with the fleur de lys tiara and the Duchess of Cornwall with the delhi durbar tiara.

There's already the next tiara alert coming up: State Visit from Ireland to Britain, I think it starts on Monday.

On her visit to Dublin HM wore the Girls of Ireland and Great Britain Tiara. So I don't think that she'll repeat it on the incoming visit. But maybe Vladimir with emeralds? Green for Ireland, that would be nice.

And Queen Sofia with the fleur de lys tiara and the Duchess of Cornwall with the delhi durbar tiara.

And if all that took place, this place would crash from the amount of people coming to see it all. :D

There's already the next tiara alert coming up: State Visit from Ireland to Britain, I think it starts on Monday.

On her visit to Dublin HM wore the Girls of Ireland and Great Britain Tiara. So I don't think that she'll repeat it on the incoming visit. But maybe Vladimir with emeralds? Green for Ireland, that would be nice.

Especially as she has nor towrn the Vladimir tiara with emeralds for some time now. Could also be the Vladimir tiara with pearls or Queen Alexandra's kokoshnik with a emerald necklace. In this case i would like to see the Greville emerald necklace which has belonged to the Queen Mother and has not been worn since her death.

Especially as she has nor towrn the Vladimir tiara with emeralds for some time now. Could also be the Vladimir tiara with pearls or Queen Alexandra's kokoshnik with a emerald necklace. In this case i would like to see the Greville emerald necklace which has belonged to the Queen Mother and has not been worn since her death.

Or perhaps the Godman emerald necklace..... we shall find out this evening.

HM is on her way to France for a state visit. Any guesses on what tiara makes its outing for the State Banquet?

I am hoping for the King George VI sapphires, given she used the rubies when the Sarkozy's visited in 2008, and the emeralds when the Chirac's visited. That said, experience tells me that we are probably not very likely to see coloured jewels, and will probably get diamonds, or diamonds and pearls (Grand Duchess Vladimir, Kokoshnik or GGB&I).

Another thought, if she is gioing with just plain diamonds, it would be great to see her in the fringe tiara and matching fringe necklace, last seen in the Diamond Jubilee picture for NZ.

:previous: I would love to see the fringe tiara worn again, or the oriental circlet which HM has only worn once. But I think that the most likely choice is the Girls, it is clearly her favourite:flowers:.

There will also be a State Visit from Mexico to Spain next week the last during Juan Carlos reign. it will be interesting to see which tiaras will be used by Queen Sofia and Princess Letizia.

There will also be a State Visit from Mexico to Spain next week the last during Juan Carlos reign. it will be interesting to see which tiaras will be used by Queen Sofia and Princess Letizia.

Yes, I'm looking forward to that state banquet, although I don't think that we should expect much in terms of tiaras. Probably they will keep to the smaller one as usual. If we're lucky it might be the floral tiara and the wave tiara (instead of the endless repetition of the Prussian tiara.)

Last edited:
Yes, I'm looking forward to that state banquet, although I don't think that we should expect much in terms of tiaras. Probably they will keep to the smaller once as usual. If we're lucky it might be the floral tiara and the wave tiara (instead of the endless repetition of the Prussian tiara.)

This would be great..... and the Wave Tiara for Letizia :flowers:
BYe Bine

Yes I was just thinking that too,pity Elena is not on the list as we might not see her tiara for a very long time!

Yes, I'm looking forward to that state banquet, although I don't think that we should expect much in terms of tiaras. Probably they will keep to the smaller once as usual. If we're lucky it might be the floral tiara and the wave tiara (instead of the endless repetition of the Prussian tiara.)
I think even if wesee the prussian tiara this time tzhen it will not be seen for a few years as i don't think Letizia will wearis as Queen. Perhaps we will see it again when Leonor turn 18.
Nice would be to see Queen Sofia gain in the diamond and pearl tiara from Queen Victoria Eugenie and Letizia in either hew new tiara or the Mellerio Shell tiara.

:previous: I would love to see the fringe tiara worn again, or the oriental circlet which HM has only worn once. But I think that the most likely choice is the Girls, it is clearly her favourite:flowers:.
Well, it was the Girls, ;).
Yes, I'm looking forward to that state banquet, although I don't think that we should expect much in terms of tiaras. Probably they will keep to the smaller one as usual. If we're lucky it might be the floral tiara and the wave tiara (instead of the endless repetition of the Prussian tiara.)
Completely wrong here, Queen Sophia wore the gorgeous grand old fleur-de-lys tiara as well as all the rest of the "joyas de pasar" (the jewels to be passed on the next Queen). Letizia wore the floral tiara.

There is a State Visit of the Dutch monarchs to Poland scheduled for the 24th. What do you think will Maxima wear for the banquet?

I think even if wesee the prussian tiara this time tzhen it will not be seen for a few years as i don't think Letizia will wearis as Queen. Perhaps we will see it again when Leonor turn 18.
Nice would be to see Queen Sofia gain in the diamond and pearl tiara from Queen Victoria Eugenie and Letizia in either hew new tiara or the Mellerio Shell tiara.

Doesn't the Diamond Prussian tiara currently belong to Queen Sofia and is separate from the rest of the Borbon jewels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it was the Girls, ;).

There is a State Visit of the Dutch monarchs to Poland scheduled for the 24th. What do you think will Maxima wear for the banquet?
difficult to say. probalby some of the smaller tiaras.
Tomorrow the german President Joachim Gauck will start a State Visit to Norway. Any guesses about the tiaras.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom