The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 12:13 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
It's a shame that tiara's are shown for State Visits but not for such a wedding like this.
Absolutely right.

And why does Queen Beatrix do not like tiaras?

Old 11-25-2010, 01:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

^ She likes her hats. Her beautiful cake hats.

Old 11-26-2010, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

In Oman there's a state banquett scheduled for tonight. Would it be a white tie event?
Is it known that HM has ever received any particular jewellery from Oman? If so, it might be a hint towards the tiara she's going to wear. (Like she wore the Vladimir tiara with pearls for the Qatar SV because it complemented the pearl necklace that once was a gift from Qatar.)
Old 11-26-2010, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator

She doesn't wear a tiara tonight. And also no Order. Only avery beautiful ruby necklacei believe the one left to he Crown by Queen Victoria with matching earrings.
Old 11-26-2010, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Princess View Post
Absolutely right.

And why does Queen Beatrix do not like tiaras?
Appaently she suffers from headaches and doesn't like to wear them. But i think it could be that in Germyn she uses one of her smaller ones. At encoming official Visits to the Netherlands she has started to wear tiaras after Máxima joined the Family.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

Then Nobel Awards ceremony 2010: Queen Silvia wore the Leuchtenberg sapphire parure (no surprise there as many have guessed it), Victoria wore the Napoleonc cut steel tiara (kudos to Josephine who saw this coming) and Princess Christian wore her own pearl tiara (I didn't find a photo of her yet).
ANP Beeldbank
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...zs1Wv/610x.jpg
Now I'm looking forward to tomorrow: my guess for Queen Silvia is the Connaught tiara, and for Victoria either the 4-buttons-Mickey-Mouse tiara or the diamond necklace as hair ornament.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator

At the Nobel Dinner on 2010-12-11 the Queen wore the (much dreaded) nine-prongs tiara. CP Victoria wore Queen Josephine's pearl and ruby brooch as hair ornament. I haven't seen pictures of Princess Christina yet.
http://inlinethumb51.webshots.com/19...600x600Q85.jpg
http://inlinethumb45.webshots.com/45...600x600Q85.jpg
I have to admit that I'm disappointed: The nine-prongs tiara is seen far too often on the Queen. And although Victoria looked nice, I don't like these small hair-ornaments for white tie events when tiaras should be worn by the royals. Save the other sparkling hair-ornaments to brighten up some black-tie galas!!!
Old 12-12-2010, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

That are exactly my thoughts too. But at last Victopria wore the beautiful necklace of pearls and ceylon sapphires.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:41 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Completely agree.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe she had a headache from the previous tiara? I don't mind the hair ornament.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Heir Apparent

I actually think the Queen looked much nicer the second evening. The gold coloured evening dress really suits Silvia and the jewellery was well matched.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 12-13-2010, 10:35 AM
Majesty

denmar new year gala january date?

there will be a state visit from estonia in january to sweden
representaion dinner 2 or 3 dinners in sweden
state visit to botsvana for swedish king and queen in march

Queen Beatrix, W-A and maxima
State Visits to Oman march 6th and 7th. ,Qatar march 9th and 10th. and Germany . april 11th till april 15th
Old 12-21-2010, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator

Tiara guessing for upcoming events

It certainly was a good year for wedding watching, especially because of the wedding of Crown Princess Victoria who had us musing and speculating for months about her wedding tiara. But there were other more or less well-known brides who wore a family tiara for their wedding. And the outlook to 2011 isn’t bad either:
- Kate Middleton will marry her Prince William and the tiara question is particularly exiting.
- Charlene Wittstock might wear a tiara when she marries Prince Albert of Monaco. She would be the first bride in Monaco to wear a tiara on her wedding day, but you never know!
- Princess Nathalie of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg has not yet announced the date of her church wedding to Alexander Johannsmann, but it is supposed to be in spring 2011. It is almost certain that she will wear the Khedive of Egypt tiara like all the other female descendants of Queen Ingrid.
- Zara Philipps and Mike Tindall have just announced their engagement. I expect her to borrow one of her mother’s tiaras, but which one?
... and who knows who is yet to announce theire weddings?
Old 12-21-2010, 11:50 AM
Gentry

I believe they may give Catherine the lovers knot tiara I'm not sure why but hey william gave her the ring lol. But I would love to see an old victorian tiara come out to play :)

I hope Charlene wears a tiara. There a beautiful pearl tiara that Princess Grace had wore (also caroline) that I think she will look beautiful in.

Zara, she's a female member. From QEII line, she's just might bring back the fringe tiara :)...havennt seenn that in a while.

Let's hope we see some major bling this year. And sum prettier dresses. The royal brides have been lacking luster lately lol
Old 12-21-2010, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
It certainly was a good year for wedding watching, especially because of the wedding of Crown Princess Victoria who had us musing and speculating for months about her wedding tiara. But there were other more or less well-known brides who wore a family tiara for their wedding. And the outlook to 2011 isn’t bad either:
- Kate Middleton will marry her Prince William and the tiara question is particularly exiting.
- Charlene Wittstock might wear a tiara when she marries Prince Albert of Monaco. She would be the first bride in Monaco to wear a tiara on her wedding day, but you never know!
- Princess Nathalie of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg has not yet announced the date of her church wedding to Alexander Johannsmann, but it is supposed to be in spring 2011. It is almost certain that she will wear the Khedive of Egypt tiara like all the other female descendants of Queen Ingrid.
- Zara Philipps and Mike Tindall have just announced their engagement. I expect her to borrow one of her mother’s tiaras, but which one?
... and who knows who is yet to announce theire weddings?
Yes i agree it was a great year not only in Wedding watching but also in tiara and Jewels watching because of the 70th birthday of Queen margrethe and the swedish Royal Wedding.
As for next years brides i agree Nathalie will most likely wear the Khedive tiara together with the old historic Veil. Fir Charlen i would like the fringe tiara worn for the Wedding and i think Zara will wear her mothers festoon tiara. Could also be that the Queen loans her the fringe tiara that would be a nice tradition then the Queen, Anne and Zara all would have worn it at her Wedding Days.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:33 PM
Courtier

I think Zara should wear her mother's Greek Meander tiara. Nice nod to the family while still being unique.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Yes i agree it was a great year not only in Wedding watching but also in tiara and Jewels watching because of the 70th birthday of Queen margrethe and the swedish Royal Wedding.
As for next years brides i agree Nathalie will most likely wear the Khedive tiara together with the old historic Veil. Fir Charlen i would like the fringe tiara worn for the Wedding and i think Zara will wear her mothers festoon tiara. Could also be that the Queen loans her the fringe tiara that would be a nice tradition then the Queen, Anne and Zara all would have worn it at her Wedding Days.
Oh yes, I enjoyed jewellery watching very much at Victoria's wedding and Margrethe's birthady. I don't think that there is a major birthday or anniversary next year in any of the Skandinavian royal house (sigh), so we might have to do without any grand white tie gala next year.

I hope that Charlene will wear a wedding tiara, but that is not a tradition in Monaco. Neither Grace nor Caroline and Stephanie did. And then Albert is planning this unconventional open-air wedding. I wouldn't be surprised if she would not wear a tiara at all. But I very much hope for the fringe tiara, as the pearl tiara is now pretty much associated with Caroline. But it could also be one of Princess Grace's tiara.

For Zara I guess it will be the Greek key tiara. Imo it fits her personal style better than the rather romantic festoon tiara.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:06 PM
Heir Apparent

She may wear the tiara her mother and grandmother wore.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67
She may wear the tiara her mother and grandmother wore.
I could see Zara not wearing a tiara at all though but I do hope she does :)
Old 12-27-2010, 06:25 AM
Majesty

is there any state visit planned to spain wear she would be able to wear the tiara?
or is it in monaco we maybe will se it?

Closed Thread

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara