Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiggersk8 said:
Guys, it's Canada *Day*. Not Canada National Day, but Canada Day.

Sorry for that, but as a Canadian, seeing something like that just bugs me.

Thanks you for saying something!!. That bugs me too!!. It's the same thing as calling Independence Day the American National Day.

Do we have sany info about the dress code in the A&C wedding? I gather it won't be a hat wedding..

:previous: Now that is STUNNING! Whether Charlene's or not, that is one gorgeous piece of jewellery!!

Ocean Tiara

An ocean wave tiara..? Hmm, I wonder if it would be anything like the only two wave tiaras I know of:

Boucheron Wave Tiara, 1910

BoucheronTiara1910.jpg

Henderskelfe Tiara

HenderskelfeTiaralarge.jpg

It would be lovely if Charlene received a new tiara.

THere is a U Tube video from Van Cleef and Arpels showing the making of the new set. Its made of diamonds and different colored sapphires to indicate the ocean - the sapphires go from light to dark to go from the light blue of Monaco waters to the deep ocean water around South Africa. Its mostly diamonds, with some sapphires, I am not sure if it is 2 pieces ( necklace and tiara) or a necklace convertible to tiara.

Did Charlene have just a plain gold wedding band? I tried to look but didn't get a clear shot.

Thanks you for saying something!!. That bugs me too!!. It's the same thing as calling Independence Day the American National Day.

When I lived in America, people rarely called it Independence Day. Everyone mostly calls it July 4th or even just The 4th. I am with the rest of you in hoping for a tiara in Canada. I do have doubts, though. I question whether the Duke and Duchess are considered senior enough royals to warrant a "state" gala dinner in white tie, plus, with the world economy being what it is, a lot of countries are trying not to flash around their jewels (Monaco being an exception). What gives me hope is a story from Queen Noor of Jordan's book Leap of Faith. Noor was in Canada on what she thought was a working visit, and the Canadian government was a bit miffed that she had not brought her tiara along with her to wear for a dinner event...of course this was several decades ago...

Did Charlene have just a plain gold wedding band? I tried to look but didn't get a clear shot.

Yes, they both wear wedding rings which are made of 18 carat white gold platinum by Cartier.
(info from princely palace's official site)

There is another wedding due soon! What do you think, which tiara will Zara wear? Personally I think that the Greak key tiara of Princess Anne has the biggest chances, but there are other contenders as well. What do you guess?

There is another wedding due soon! What do you think, which tiara will Zara wear? Personally I think that the Greak key tiara of Princess Anne has the biggest chances, but there are other contenders as well. What do you guess?

I am inclined to believe the Greek Meander tiara is a real contender as well.

Tilia C. said:

I think it'll be the fringe- she'd be the third generation to wear it on her wedding day, and I think it's the most likely. It'd be nice to see it on her.

I think the fringe would be nice for her too wear too. Three generations wearing it on their wedding day is a nice tradition! I think the Queen would love it too.

Yes, they both wear wedding rings which are made of 18 carat white gold platinum by Cartier.
(info from princely palace's official site)

Sorry to be picky here, but are they white gold or platinum? Normally, this is not mixed....

I have a strong feeling she will wear the Greek Meander tiara, but I have been wrong at every wedding so far so.....!

I think Zara will wear the Festoon tiara.The Meander is too related to Princess Anne, and the aquamarine has coloured stones, which are generally never used for weddings.

Zara would look fantastic in Princess Anne's Aquamarine Pineflower tiara.

I'm betting on the Meander or no tiara at all. Perhaps a hair ornament a la P. Charlene.

I tend to agree with KittyAtlanta - probably no tiara :eek:(

Elly C said:
I tend to agree with KittyAtlanta - probably no tiara :eek:(

I'd honestly be shocked if she didn't wear the fringe.

Zara looked lovely in the Greek Meander tiara. Very glad she wore it!

Still waiting for a tiara occasion for Kate. Anyone know when that event might happen? State opening of parliament? Part of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee perhaps?

I myself am interested to see when Kate will wear a tiara again and specifically which one she will choose.

I myself am interested to see when Kate will wear a tiara again and specifically which one she will choose.

I think it could be some time before one gets to see Catherine in a tiara again. She is unlikely to attend state banquets till she and William commence full time royal duties. The Queen is no longer accompanied to the state opening of Parliament by members of the family, so that is another potential opportunity lost. It is certainly possible the next time Catherine is seen in a tiara is at the coronation of Charles, or at a state banquet.

what do you hiope for september 8 gala dinner?

Last edited:
when is the next time we will see such a gathearing?
carl philip or madeleine future wedding?
75th birthday of k harald and q sonja
q magrethes 75th birthday (4 years a head) Maria-Olympia is old enough to wear a tiara
k carl gustaf 70th birthday 2016 (5 years ahead)
what other grand family gathers can we look forward to in years comming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom