Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the SV from Qatar the Queen wore the Vladimir tiara with pearls. Camilla and Anne can't be seen properly, but to me it looks like the honeycomb on Camilla and the "mystery tiara form the Chinese SV" on Ps. Anne. I believe that this mystery tiara is actually the greek key tiara which Queen Mum inherited from Mrs. Greville, but never wore in public.
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
HM wore the six row pearl necklace with matching earrings a gift from the Emir of Qatar on her 1979 visit. source Leslie Field's book page 68. The necklace has diamond plaques holding 2 rows together at uneven intervals. Also worn to West germany in 1986.
So if these pearls are a present from Qatar, it makes perfectly sense that HM wore the Vladimir tiara with the pearls

P.S. After seeing another pictue on the RJOTW board i must correct myself. Ps. Anne is wearing her own greek key tiara.

Is Queen Sonja's tiara suppose to have a stone in the middle?

Hang on, so the picture Her_Majesty posted, is that the same picture as the one from Humera?
Because Her_Majesty said it doesn't have a stone in the middle, so is it supposed to have a stone or not?

Because Her_Majesty said it doesn't have a stone in the middle, so is it supposed to have a stone or not?
There are three different versions of the tiara.
The one she wore for the gala dinner in Slovakia; without a stone in the center, but with a diamond crosspiece.
The tiara can also be worn with two different stones in the center: a tourmaline or a ruby.
Picture
(originally posted by Humera)
You can read more about the tiara here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/queen-sonja-jewellery-165-10.html

yes Lumutqueen is same pic.:flowers:

See more details in QSonja´s jewellery thread

Thank you both for the information, I prefer it with some form of stone.

I´d like see Princess Letizia with her new tiara soon.

Any tiara guesses for Kate and William's wedding or is it too early? :lol:

Any tiara guesses for Kate and William's wedding or is it too early? :lol:

Depends on when the wedding is, if it's a morning wedding we won't see any tiaras.

Depends on when the wedding is, if it's a morning wedding we won't see any tiaras.
A morning wedding seems very likely, as this is the tradition with the Windsors. BUT we are going to see a tiara on the bride, aren't we? And that is a complex question which will keep us busy for a couple of months. We had a very long thread with speculations about Victoria's wedding tiara, so maybe we should have another one to honour Catherine?

Catherine will wear a tiara.
As for a thread, I was thinking about creating one when I read your post.

What about the Nobel ceremony in Stockholm?
There will be 2 tiara events, I hope that Princess Madeleine will be present.

A morning wedding seems very likely, as this is the tradition with the Windsors. BUT we are going to see a tiara on the bride, aren't we? And that is a complex question which will keep us busy for a couple of months. We had a very long thread with speculations about Victoria's wedding tiara, so maybe we should have another one to honour Catherine?

Even if the Wedding is in the afternoon which i doubt i thbink we will not see more then one tiara. At the Wedding of Prince Edward tehre was this trange dress code where the laides where asked not to wear hats but it was also no white tie. And at the Wedding of Peter and Autmn which also was in the afternoon most ladies wore hats or feather/flowery hair ornaments.

I agree with Stefan. I also do not expect that the pre-wedding ball/party will see tiaras (as with Charles' birthday). So we can only look forward on the bride with a tiara, and the rest of the guests with lots of hats and pearls.

It's a shame that tiara's are shown for State Visits but not for such a wedding like this.

What about the Nobel ceremony in Stockholm?
There will be 2 tiara events, I hope that Princess Madeleine will be present.
With the current scandal about the King it would be a great idea if Madeleine showed up the Nobels. Plus it would mean two more tiara-sightings:p!

It's a shame that tiara's are shown for State Visits but not for such a wedding like this.

Yes, but you really do not see tiaras at british weddings, other than the brides.

With the current scandal about the King it would be a great idea if Madeleine showed up the Nobels. Plus it would mean two more tiara-sightings:p!

Hopefully Madeleine will show up.
As for Jewels i think the Queen will wear either the leuchtenberg sapphire Parure or the Cameo Parure at the Awards Ceremony as both have not been worn in the last years (Cameos last time 2005, sapphires last time 2006).
Or for the first time at Nobel the ruby tiara.

Hopefully Madeleine will show up.
As for Jewels i think the Queen will wear either the leuchtenberg sapphire Parure or the Cameo Parure at the Awards Ceremony as both have not been worn in the last years (Cameos last time 2005, sapphires last time 2006).
Or for the first time at Nobel the ruby tiara.
It would be really nice if the ruby tiara would be elevated to the circle of Nobel-tiaras. But I rather guess it will be the Leuchtenberg sapphires again, as the Cameo tiara already had such a big appearance this year as the wedding tiara.
I would love to see Victoria with the Connaught tiara for the first time. Now that Madeleine has worn it at the wedding it should be to the CP as well. But I think that the Baden fringe for Victoria and the modern fringe for Madeleine are more likely.
I also wonder if they will again go low key for the 2nd gala, with brooches and necklace instead of tiaras worn by Madeleine, and maybe also by Victoria.

according the official site of the Swedish monarchy, we won't see P Madeleine :sad:
Presentation of the 2010 Nobel Prize, Stockholm City Hall
Participants: King Carl XVI Gustaf, Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel, Prince Carl Philip
my guesses:
The Queen - the Leuchtenberg and Napoleonic cut steel for the 2nd day
CP Victoria - Baden fringe and maybe some hair ornament for the 2nd day

Call me tiara-spoiled (lol!) but i'm kind of bored of seeing Victoria with the Fringe and the six-button tiara. It would be great if she were to wear another one.
And as for second day, maybe the diamond hairband, it looks so good on her

i do not think it will be the 6 button tiara this nobel. can it be the baden tiara or the cut seel tiara, cameo toara i think first seen on victoria again when she is queen

Do you think that Victoria might start wearing the Connaught tiara anytime soon? Now that Madeleine wore it for the wedding this summer, it might be available for the Crown Princess as well.

Call me tiara-spoiled (lol!) but i'm kind of bored of seeing Victoria with the Fringe and the six-button tiara. It would be great if she were to wear another one.
And as for second day, maybe the diamond hairband, it looks so good on her
Then I too am tiara-spoiled! I want to see Victoria either with the Connaught tiara or, even better, somthing she got as a wedding present: A nice tiara with coloured stones which the King bought back from a distant cousin, something beautiful with family history that now comes back to the main line. (Please don't quote me! This is not fact but wishful thinking:lol:)

Today is the church wedding of Prince Carlos of Bourbon-Parma & Annemarie Gualthérie van Weezel! It is really a shame that the Bourbon-Parma tiara was stolen years ago, but I hope that the bride gets to wear the Dutch ears-of-wheat tiara.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today is the church wedding of Prince Carlos of Bourbon-Parma & Annemarie Gualthérie van Weezel! It is really a shame that the Bourbon-Parma tiara was stolen years ago, but I hope that the bride gets to wear the Dutch ears-of-wheat tiara.
What a surprise! The bride wore the base of the Dutch emerald tiara with pearl spikes instead of the emeralds and looks lovely!
PPE Agency
I always thought that only the ears-of-wheat tiara was available for the nieces and the brides of the Queen's nephews. This proves me wrong:ROFLMAO:.

I recently saw a reference to the "marguerite" tiara which belonged to Queen Mary, the grandmother of the current queen, but I can't find any more information about it. Does anyone know of this tiara? It was a wedding gift to Queen Mary from all the "Marys" of the UK, and she gave it to QEII as a wedding gift. Thanks.

Last edited:
nobel in sweden 2 galas 10th december, 11 december
denmar new year gala january date?
there will be a state visit from estonia in january to sweden

Queen Beatrix, W-A and maxima
State Visits to Oman march 6th and 7th. ,Qatar march 9th and 10th. and Germany . april 11th till april 15th

Last edited:
nobel in sweden 2 galas 10th december, 11 december
denmar new year gala january date?
there will be a state visit from estonia in january to sweden

Queen Beatrix, W-A and maxima
State Visits to Oman march 6th and 7th. ,Qatar march 9th and 10th. and Germany . april 11th till april 15th

Fior the New years Court in Denmark, mary the rubies as every years, Marie her floral tiara and for Margrethe either the emeralds or her big floral tiara as she has worn the pearl-tiara the last 2 years.
For the dutch state Visit to Germany i expect nog big Jewels as unfortunately there are now white-tie State-Banquets anymore in Germany but i hope Beatrix and Máxima will wear one of the smaller dutch tiaras.

Fior the New years Court in Denmark, mary the rubies as every years, Marie her floral tiara and for Margrethe either the emeralds or her big floral tiara as she has worn the pearl-tiara the last 2 years.
For the dutch state Visit to Germany i expect nog big Jewels as unfortunately there are now white-tie State-Banquets anymore in Germany but i hope Beatrix and Máxima will wear one of the smaller dutch tiaras.
Alas, I fear that we won't see any ruby tiara at New Years Court in Denmark. It's unlikely that Mary will be there so shortly before giving birth.
Queen Margrethe wore the pearl parure in 2009 and 2010. So it's time for something else and I hope for the emeralds. Marie is easy to predict, of course, we can't go wrong with her:ROFLMAO: Does Princess Benedikte ever attend New Years Court?

It's a shame that there are no longer white-tie State-Banquets in Germany. And knowing that Queen Beatrix is not too fond of tiara-wearing, she will seize the opportunity and go with out:sad:.

I am not familiar with the way State Banquets are done in Qatar and Oman. But I suspect they are pulling out all stops and there will be a lot of bling-bling.

And the SV from Estonia to Sweden will certainly ensure good tiara watching, although they might go for smaller tiaras. Maybe the Queen with the Connaught tiara, Victoria with the unfortunate 4-buttons tiara and Madeleine staying in NY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom