The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #281  
Old 06-13-2010, 05:28 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,425
I'm not so certain that Elena will use the shell tiara. So far Queen Sofia has only loaned it once tio letizia and once to Infanta Margarita. Perhaps she will use the prussian tiara insteed. As for Raniai would like to see the arabic tiara again but please with a better hairstyle then in the Netherlands.
__________________

  #282  
Old 06-13-2010, 05:52 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,978
The arabic tiara would be one of the finnest tiara's on display should it be worn by Rania. It's such a striking creation.

However, it should ideally be worn with a french twist.
__________________

__________________

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
  #283  
Old 06-13-2010, 06:54 AM
Melibea's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ****, Spain
Posts: 978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I'm not so certain that Elena will use the shell tiara. So far Queen Sofia has only loaned it once tio letizia and once to Infanta Margarita. Perhaps she will use the prussian tiara insteed. As for Raniai would like to see the arabic tiara again but please with a better hairstyle then in the Netherlands.
Correct me if I'm wrong but since her marriage Letizia has been the only one who has used the prussian tiara, and it's now associated with her so I don't think that Elena will wear the prussian.
  #284  
Old 06-13-2010, 07:03 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melibea View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but since her marriage Letizia has been the only one who has used the prussian tiara, and it's now associated with her so I don't think that Elena will wear the prussian.
No. Cristina also has worn the prussian tiara sometimes since 2004 when Letizia used the floral one. For Elena before her marriage she used either the prussian or the fkloral tiara which she shared with Cristina. Since her marriage she has only worn the Marichalar tiara. So it will be interestring which one she uses now. Does anyone know if the Marichalar tiara it was a ne wone or a heirloom of the Marichalar Family. I think it was said at her Wedding that it was a gift to her.
  #285  
Old 06-13-2010, 07:12 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,496
Cristina wore the Prussian tiara at the gala dinner of the state visit of president Putin, February 2006
Profimedia
Letizia wore the floral tiara
Profimedia
  #286  
Old 06-13-2010, 07:13 AM
Her_Majesty's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 8,587
My personal guesses:

Queen Silvia: http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/fi...2007nobel7.jpg
Princess Madeleine: http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...pW5Zo/340x.jpg
Queen Margrethe: http://www.royaltyinthenews.com/wp-c...rgrethe-II.jpg
Crown Princess Mary: http://i2-images.tv2.dk/s/43/2276843...ac37545f2.jpeg
Queen Sonja: http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/W...IMLHcKceJl.jpg
Crown Princess Mette-Marit: http://lotta.svenskdam.se/files/2010...eGalaFrisy.jpg
Princess Märtha Louise: http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jun2010/PPE10060183.jpg
Queen Beatrix: http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jun2010/PPE10060182.jpg
Crown Princess Maxima: http://www.royaldutchjewels.nl/Maxim...ara%2009aa.jpg
Queen Sofia:http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/512/reinaxt2.jpg
Crown Princess Letizia: http://www.elle.es/var/ellees/storag...qualite_es.jpg
Infanta Elena: http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/fi...7-010THMBG.jpg
Infanta Christina of Spain: http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/W...K-Yj5dWxFl.jpg

Isn't there a tradition that Royal ladies often wear their wedding tiaras to other weddings? I think I once ehard something like that... but actually I don't really remember.
__________________
Have a look at TRF Rules and FAQ



  #287  
Old 06-13-2010, 07:19 AM
Melibea's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ****, Spain
Posts: 978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
No. Cristina also has worn the prussian tiara sometimes since 2004 when Letizia used the floral one. For Elena before her marriage she used either the prussian or the fkloral tiara which she shared with Cristina. Since her marriage she has only worn the Marichalar tiara. So it will be interestring which one she uses now. Does anyone know if the Marichalar tiara it was a ne wone or a heirloom of the Marichalar Family. I think it was said at her Wedding that it was a gift to her.
So I stand corrected

I've been looking on google information about the marichalar and in this link it says that after the divorce the infanta didn't give back the tiara as it is hers and that it was bought in Ansorena.
  #288  
Old 06-13-2010, 07:33 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,121
Her_Majesty that seems to be the case and I think it's quite a nice tradition. I would go along with most of your guesses as well.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #289  
Old 06-13-2010, 08:24 AM
rubies's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: daytona beach, United States
Posts: 2,699
Great job Her Majesty! I agree with most all of your choices. The only one I feel will be different is Queen Beatrix, I think she will wear her rose tiara since she just had on the Wuttenberg last week. I can't wait to see their choices!
  #290  
Old 06-13-2010, 08:48 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Update:
add to Sweden: Princess Birgitta and most likely her daughter Princess Désirée of Hohenzollern will wear her mother daamond and pearl tiara
I heard that P. Brigitta presented her diamond and pearl tiara to her daughter. But was that ever confirmed, or is there a possibility that P. Desirée only borrowed the tiara from her mother? And if Desirée wears the pearl tiara, would that mean that Princess Brigitta will borrow something from the Bernadotte collection? Did she do the same at the King's birthda Gala? (I know, that's a lot of questions, but there is still so much I don't know)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
My personal guesses:

Queen Silvia: http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/fi...2007nobel7.jpg
Princess Madeleine: http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...pW5Zo/340x.jpg
Queen Margrethe: http://www.royaltyinthenews.com/wp-c...rgrethe-II.jpg
Crown Princess Mary: http://i2-images.tv2.dk/s/43/2276843...ac37545f2.jpeg
Queen Sonja: http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/W...IMLHcKceJl.jpg
Crown Princess Mette-Marit: http://lotta.svenskdam.se/files/2010...eGalaFrisy.jpg
Princess Märtha Louise: http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jun2010/PPE10060183.jpg
Queen Beatrix: http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jun2010/PPE10060182.jpg
Crown Princess Maxima: http://www.royaldutchjewels.nl/Maxim...ara%2009aa.jpg
Queen Sofia:http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/512/reinaxt2.jpg
Crown Princess Letizia: http://www.elle.es/var/ellees/storag...qualite_es.jpg
Infanta Elena: http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/fi...7-010THMBG.jpg
Infanta Christina of Spain: http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/W...K-Yj5dWxFl.jpg

Isn't there a tradition that Royal ladies often wear their wedding tiaras to other weddings? I think I once ehard something like that... but actually I don't really remember.
So far P. Maxima clearly stuck to this tradition: she wore her wedding star tiara only at other weddings. Also Queen Beatrix often (but not always) used her wedding tiara, the Würtemberg pearl tiar, at other weddings.
But than I was surprised to see CP. Mary with the ruby tiara at Joachim and Marie's wedding. So I believe that she might wear the rubies again in Sweden, it would be the first time for her to wear it abroad.
And some who borrowed their wedding tiara can't wear it again anyway. Like Mathilde or Märtha-Louise and even Queen Margrethe never had access to their wedding tiara after their wedding.
But I would like to see at least the Dutch ladies sticking to this tradition.

As for Queen Silvia, I hope that she will go grander than the nine-prongs tiara: she should wear the Branganza tiara or at least the Leuchtenberg parure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melibea View Post
So I stand corrected

I've been looking on google information about the marichalar and in this link it says that after the divorce the infanta didn't give back the tiara as it is hers and that it was bought in Ansorena.
That's an interesting link, Melibea. So it seems that the Marichalar tiara was made for the infanta by Ansorena and it is still in her possession. (Let's hope that the source is reliable!) They say that Don Jaime visited the tiara exposition of Ansorena and he supposedly told some friends that he is still keeping the old invoice from the tiara.
So the Infanta can continue to wear it. The question is: does she want to continue wearing a tiara which is associated with a failed marriage? We will know within 6 days!
  #291  
Old 06-13-2010, 08:59 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,425
Yes Princess Birgitta used the six-button tiara at the King's 60th birthday.
As for the Duch ladies we have to wait. Laurentien hasn't worn her Wedding tiara to other Wedding tiaras she attended and Mabel hasn't attened at white-tie Wedding at all.
As for Silvia i hope she wears the Bragnca and if Victoria doesn't wear the Cameo Silvia could wear the full Cameo-Parure. As much as i like the Leuchtenberg-sapphire it's one of the Sets she wears regulary. The 2 others she hasn't used so often.
  #292  
Old 06-13-2010, 09:19 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,414
But since P. Mabel has worn her wedding tiara at King Harald's 70th birthday gala, there is a good chance that she will wear it also at the wedding. I'm not saying that I would like that! There are nicer tiaras in the Dutch collection. Unlike P. Laurentien, Mabel is not a member of the royal house. So it would make sense that Laurentien gets greater access to the royal jewels than Mabel. Who knows, maybe Mabel has to stick to this one tiara for the rest of her life.
  #293  
Old 06-13-2010, 10:11 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 18,193
The tiara of the Infanta Elena belonged to the family Marichalar and was an engagement present, could be made by Ansorena but is not a modern piece made for the Infanta (Ansorena is a jeweler's shop created in the 19th century).

The Infanta might surprise us, in a Württemberg wedding in 1993 she wore this tiara, which belonged to the Greek Royal family, and Princess Irene used it in several occasions. It is not known if it was a loan of her aunt, or if Irene decided to sell or to yield the tiara to her sister.

http://i47.tinypic.com/14490y1.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/2u8faq9.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/o7nbrl.jpg

Since then I believe that this tiara has not appeared publicly.
  #294  
Old 06-13-2010, 10:49 AM
White Princess's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Natal, Brazil
Posts: 455
I don't like the star tiara on Máxima, it seems so ugly :s

I guess she will wear the Diamond Bound tiara she wore in Chile's State Visit last year.

Queen Rania doesn't own the Arabic Tiara she wore in Netherlands State Visit, so at least she will get it borrowed again, she'll wear that ugly one from Brunei :s
  #295  
Old 06-13-2010, 10:53 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Heidelberg, Germany
Posts: 1,468
Then who does the Arabic Tiara belongs to? and which tiara sis she wear in brunei?
  #296  
Old 06-13-2010, 11:10 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,121
Tiara worn in Brunei
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...UL-IZZI_04.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
But than I was surprised to see CP. Mary with the ruby tiara at Joachim and Marie's wedding. So I believe that she might wear the rubies again in Sweden, it would be the first time for her to wear it abroad.

So the Infanta can continue to wear it. The question is: does she want to continue wearing a tiara which is associated with a failed marriage? We will know within 6 days!
I believe she wore the rubies because she was in Denmark.
If it's a beautiful tiara, i've never seen it though, I do not know why she wouldn't wear it.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #297  
Old 06-13-2010, 11:10 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
The tiara of the Infanta Elena belonged to the family Marichalar and was an engagement present, could be made by Ansorena but is not a modern piece made for the Infanta (Ansorena is a jeweler's shop created in the 19th century).
Oops, looks like I misunderstood the article. But it states that Don Jaime said that he still keeps the old invoice from Ansorena.
I believe that the circle tiara which Infanta Elena wore once is still in the possession of P. Irene. If it now belonged to Queen Sophia, wouldn't it have been worn more often? But it was only worn once by the Infanta in a private event. It will be interesting to see who will finally receive this piece. It might just as well stay with the Greek royal family and go to one of Konstantine's children.
  #298  
Old 06-13-2010, 11:11 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Heidelberg, Germany
Posts: 1,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Thank you and yes, it is not the best tiara I ever saw.
  #299  
Old 06-13-2010, 11:12 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Princess View Post

Queen Rania doesn't own the Arabic Tiara she wore in Netherlands State Visit, so at least she will get it borrowed again, she'll wear that ugly one from Brunei :s
Where has it been stated that she (or the King) doesn't own it?
__________________

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
  #300  
Old 06-13-2010, 11:15 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,121
Is this the Arabic Tiara?
Imageshack - 30zw8.jpg
__________________

__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Closed Thread

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 2: 2016 Tilia C. Royal Jewels General Discussion 469 Today 01:50 PM
Tiara's and jewels Queen Maxima might use IloveCP Royal Jewels General Discussion 41 03-29-2013 06:29 PM
Upcoming Royal Weddings: March 2008 - December 2010 HMTLove23 Royal Weddings General Discussion 72 01-02-2011 01:35 PM
Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events 1 : Dec.2002 - Oct.2003 Lorraine Current Events Archive 194 10-31-2003 03:31 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit best outfit june 2016 catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece harald kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander may 2016 member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess stéphanie's fashion & style queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion royal visits september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark state visit to france succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:57 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises