The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 10:21 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Really? How do you know about it? I want to see tiaras all over the places!
We are lucky if we get one or two paparazzi shots of a royal in their car. But I do hope that there will be some pics again this year.

Old 12-08-2015, 04:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
We are lucky if we get one or two paparazzi shots of a royal in their car. But I do hope that there will be some pics again this year.

so,no news yet?

Old 12-08-2015, 04:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yes, Catherine and William has arrived at Buckingham Palace for the Reception for the Diplomatic Corps. Catherine is wearing the Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-08-2015, 04:53 PM
Heir Apparent

As soo as I asked here for news, the firstr pictures did show up in twitter ;-)
Pics:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVuyH0hU8AAmgCV.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVuuXU6WEAEe4x9.jpg:large

The earrings ar ethe one sported at the chinesestate banquet, or am I wrong?
Old 12-08-2015, 06:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Yes, Catherine and William has arrived at Buckingham Palace for the Reception for the Diplomatic Corps. Catherine is wearing the Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara.
Well, none guessed that! (Also, are there any pictures of any other tiaras?
Old 12-10-2015, 12:33 PM
Heir Apparent

I think everyone guessed correctly the tiara of Sofia and perhaps a few of Silvia. But the choices of Victoria and Madeleine i think it was just unexpected
Old 12-10-2015, 12:56 PM
Heir Apparent

I truly was unuexpected to see the choices of Victoria and Madeleine! Just wow! Anyone can tell me which tiara is wearing princess Madeleine?
Old 12-10-2015, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Anyone can tell me which tiara is wearing princess Madeleine?
The aquamarine kokoshnik owned by her aunt Princess Margaretha.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The aquamarine kokoshnik owned by her aunt Princess Margaretha.
Thank you! I know that a expert would be soon reply! She hasn't worn that much during her lifetime, has she?
Old 12-10-2015, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thank you! I know that a expert would be soon reply! She hasn't worn that much during her lifetime, has she?
She wore it in the 1970's and then stopped wearing it. her daughter Sibylla Ambler wore it at her Wedding in the 1990's. Then suddenly the tiara reappeared on her at Victoria's Wedding. it was also worn by her at Carl Philip's Wedding this summer. And in the last 2 years it was also worn by Princess Christina 2 times.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
She wore it in the 1970's and then stopped wearing it. her daughter Sibylla Ambler wore it at her Wedding in the 1990's. Then suddenly the tiara reappeared on her at Victoria's Wedding. it was also worn by her at Carl Philip's Wedding this summer. And in the last 2 years it was also worn by Princess Christina 2 times.

I meant Madeleine
Old 12-10-2015, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator

Victoria's choice surprised me a bit, but Madeleine's choice made me nearly fall off my sofa. I thought I had gone dilerious when I saw the blueish glitter on her head. Not long ago Princess Christina had told reporters that the tiara belongs to her sister Margareta, and I had never thought that Madeleine would borrow from her aunt. But it was a good choice, because she looked lovely.

Nowing what they wore today, I would guess that the Princesses will switch tiaras for tomorrow. Victoria: large cut steel, Madelein: modern fringe, and most Sofia: the four buttons. Princess Christina will keep the six-pack. And the Queen? If Victoria hadn't just worn it, I would have said the Connaught. But so maybe it will be the rubies?

Old 12-10-2015, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I meant Madeleine
Today was the first time that Madeleine wore it! Princess Christina has worn it twice since 2014, and that was a big surprise as well.

Old 12-10-2015, 01:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Today was the first time that Madeleine wore it! Princess Christina has worn it twice since 2014, and that was a big surprise as well.

Thank you! I can't believe it! I was so convinced that she would wear her own tiara again that I didn't dare let myself down!
Old 12-10-2015, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Nowing what they wore today, I would guess that the Princesses will switch tiaras for tomorrow. Victoria: large cut steel, Madelein: modern fringe, and most Sofia: the four buttons. Princess Christina will keep the six-pack. And the Queen? If Victoria hadn't just worn it, I would have said the Connaught. But so maybe it will be the rubies?
Hope that Victoria will wear the larel wreath tiara tomorrow. And perhaps the Queen will still wear the Connaught tomorrow. Or the Cameo.
Could also see Sofia in the small Cut steel tiara tomorrow.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thank you! I can't believe it! I was so convinced that she would wear her own tiara again that I didn't dare let myself down!
I feel like getting everything wrong lately. Not only was I sure that Madeleine would wear her own. I also was absolutely convinced that Kate wouldn't repeat the lotus flower anytime soon and I could have sworn that she wouldn't wear the lovers know before being PoW. But sometimes I just love to be wrong.
Quote:
Hope that Victoria will wear the larel wreath tiara tomorrow. And perhaps the Queen will still wear the Connaught tomorrow. Or the Cameo.
Could also see Sofia in the small Cut steel tiara tomorrow.
I had hoped to see the laurel tiara today. Usually it's smaller tiaras on day 2, and I range the laurel in the category of big tiaras. But since I guess nearly everything wrong, the chances might actually be quite good.

Old 12-10-2015, 01:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I feel like getting everything wrong lately. Not only was I sure that Madeleine would wear her own. I also was absolutely convinced that Kate wouldn't repeat the lotus flower anytime soon and I could have sworn that she wouldn't wear the lovers know before being PoW. But sometimes I just love to be wrong.

It's always like this! When you get excited and starts to hope you end up disappointed... when you don't expect anything new.... whoah tiara's watching explodes
Old 12-11-2015, 07:47 AM
Super Moderator

After the King's Dinner for the Nobel laureates today evening the next tiara Event will be the danish New Year's Court on 01.01.2016.
Marie and mary are easy to guess as the always where the same. So Mary the ruby tiara and marie her fkloral wreath tiara.
But what Margrethe: The last 2 years she wore the emeral parue so i guess she will give it a rest this time. And before in 2013 she wore the Naassut tiara. The pearl tiara was last worn for this Event in 2012 and i can't remember when she wore the floral aigrette the last time:
My guess for her: either the floral aigrette tiara or the Naasut tiara.
Old 12-12-2015, 10:49 PM
Majesty

For her father's 70th birthday, I would love if Victoria wore the Connaught tiara with the emerald set.
Old 12-14-2015, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

It's now time to close this thread and start a new one to guess and discuss the jewels to be worn in 2016.

The new thread can be found here:
Tiara and Jewels guessing 2: 2016

Closed Thread

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara