Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 5: 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Lux, I suspect it will be Guillame and Stephanie

Could also be the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess from Luxembourg as in 1990 Grand Duke Jean and Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte went themself instead of sending Henri and Maria Teresa.

Could also be the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess from Luxembourg as in 1990 Grand Duke Jean and Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte went themself instead of sending Henri and Maria Teresa.

That is indeed a possibility, but M-T does not fly well and ducked out of a recent state (or official) visit to Japan.

What do you think about the new Empress? I would love to see her with the Chrysanthemum tiara, but maybe we should expect the Meiji scroll tiara again. It's the most important imperial tiara after all.

The new Crown Princess will probably wear the CP scroll tiara again.

What do you think about the new Empress? I would love to see her with the Chrysanthemum tiara, but maybe we should expect the Meiji scroll tiara again. It's the most important imperial tiara after all.

The new Crown Princess will probably wear the CP scroll tiara again.

I'd love to see Masako in the chrysanthemum tiara, I think she would carry it off beautifully, but I suspect you are correct, and the Meiji is more likely. I'd be thrilled to be wrong, though.

I think Princess Victoria will wear the Baden tiara.

The Royal Watcher posted great Pictures of the former Emperor 's Coronation.

I think Princess Victoria will wear the Baden tiara.
I think that is a good bet if she attends, but would like to see something bigger, like the Amethyst tiara.

I'd love to see Masako in the chrysanthemum tiara, I think she would carry it off beautifully, but I suspect you are correct, and the Meiji is more likely. I'd be thrilled to be wrong, though.

My guess ist that she will stick to the Meji scroll tiara for a few years and then bring out the chrysanthemum. As far as i rember this was the case for Emrpess Michiko.

Perhapsd she could add the stars to the Meji tiara. Have recently seen a pic of Empress Nagako wearing it with the stars in the 1960's.

Last edited:
Like Tilia C. and Ista, I would love to see Empress Masako wearing the Chrysanthemum tiara at the enthronement parade/banquet although I expect her to wear the Meiji tiara as it's the oldest tiara for an empress.

However, I'm hoping for Meiji tiara with stars as an upgrade. Empress Kojun last wore that configuration when she was younger.

Other Imperial princesses in their wedding or only tiaras, except for Crown Princess Kiko who will probably wear the CP Scroll.

If Grand Duchess Maria Teresa somehow manages to attend... her favorite Belgian Scroll. Otherwise, I'm hoping Luxembourg will send Princess Alexandra with GD Henri or the HGD couple. Diamond Vines for either Alexandra or Stephanie.

I'm not expecting Princess Charlene but who knows... maybe the Ocean tiara? I doubt the Princess of Hanover will attend. Prince Albert is more likely to go solo.

Other guesses:

Crown Princess Victoria: Baden
Crown Princess Mary: convertible necklace-tiara
Crown Princess Mette-Marit: smaller version of Queen Maud
Hereditary Princess Sophie: Fringe
Queen Maxima: Antique Pearl or small version of Stuart
Queen Letizia: Cartier Loop
Queen Mathilde: full Nine Provinces

Last edited:
I bet Empress Masako will wear the Meiji Tiara as much as I also want her to wear the Chrysanthemum or even the Honeysuckle.

Queen Letizia: The Diamond Floral Tiara
Queen Maxima: The Dutch Diamond Bandeau
Queen Mathilde: The Wolfers Tiara
CP Victoria: The Swedish 6 Button Tiaras
CP Mette-Marit: Diamond Daisy Bandeau
CP Mary: The Edwardian Tiara
Hereditary Princess Sophie: The Habsburg Fringe Tiara
Princess Caroline: Cartier Pearl Drop Tiara

From Luxembourg, if not the Grand Duke going solo, maybe Felix and Claire will.

Princess Claire: Grand Duchess Adélaïde Tiara

Last edited:
Masako: predict - Meiji Tiara, wish - Chrysanthemum Tiara

Letizia: predict - Floral Tiara, wish - Cartier Pearl & Diamond Tiara or Loop Pearl & Diamond Tiara
Maxima: predict - Pearl Buttons Tiara, wish - Wurttemberg Tiara
Mathilde: predict - Wolfers Tiara, wish - Nine Provinces Tiara (full setting)
Silvia (I don't know why but I think Sweden may send the king and queen rather CP couple): predict - Nine Prong Tiara, wish - Edwardian Ruby Tiara
Charlene (who knows...): wish - Ocean Tiara

Victoria (if she is the representative rather her parent): predict - Baden Fringe Tiara or Six Buttons Tiara, wish - Aquamarine Kokoshnik
Mette Marit: predict - Wedding Tiara, wish - Amethyst Tiara
Mary: predict - Wedding Tiara (sans pearl), wish - Ruby & Spinel Tiara
Stephanie: predict - Aquamarine Bandeau, wish - Vine Leaves Tiara or GD M-A's Sapphire Tiara
Sophie: predict & wish - Habsburg Fringe Tiara
Caroline (I think Albert will come alone but again, who knows): predict - Sapphire necklace, wish - Cartier Pearl Drop Tiara

There is a chance I could missing some, but here are the confirmed royal women that will be attending the Japanese enthronement celebrations:

Queen Mathilde
Queen Maxima
Queen Silvia
Queen Jetsun Pema

There is a chance I could missing some, but here are the confirmed royal women that will be attending the Japanese enthronement celebrations:

Queen Mathilde
Queen Maxima
Queen Silvia
Queen Jetsun Pema
Plus Empress Masako and the Japanese Princesses. :flowers:
I guess that Masako will wear the Meiji scroll tiara, Kiko the CP scroll tiara, Hisako her wedding tiara. The younger ladies only have one tiara anyway.

GD Henri will attend alone, as will Prince Charles. I'm not sure if Norway, Denmark, Spain have jet confirmed who is going to attend.

I really hope that Jetsun Pema will wear her delightful wedding tiara again. As for the other ladies, I'm not sure how big they will go. Will they bring their big guns, or will they select more modest jewels in order to not outshine the new Empress?

Last edited:
Queen Mathilde never wore the Nine Province tiara AND the Wolfers as necklace as Queen fabiola did . I hope for this event;

Plus Empress Masako and the Japanese Princesses. :flowers:
I guess that Masako will wear the Meiji scroll tiara, Kiko the CP scroll tiara, Hisako her wedding tiara. The younger ladies only have one tiara anyway.

GD Henri will attend alone, as will Prince Charles. I'm not sure if Norway, Denmark, Spain have jet confirmed who is going to attend.

I really hope that Jetsun Pema will wear her delightful wedding tiara again. As for the other ladies, I'm not sure how big they will go. Will they bring their big guns, or will they select more modest jewels in order to not outshine the new Empress?

From Norway CP Haakon is confirmed. But he will attend alone so bno norwegian tiara in Japan. Quiet a pity that so many of the male royals attend alone.

Hopefully if Queen Letizia is unavailable ,the Spanish will send queen Sofia as it been awhile since we had a Sofia tiara event.

Hopefully if Queen Letizia is unavailable ,the Spanish will send queen Sofia as it been awhile since we had a Sofia tiara event.

She hasn't worn a tiara since the abdication since the abication of King Juan Carlos. When she attended the albanian Wedding where there was a tiara Event in the evening she choose not to wear one which she has also done sometimes earlier.

I so do hope Letizia attends, and wears one of the two larger pearl and diamond tiaras.

I think Fed and Marry will attend as well, and I hope Mary uses the rubies.

I think Fed and Marry will attend as well, and I hope Mary uses the rubies.

If they attend i think Mary will wear a diamond tiaras as the japanese imperial ladies all do not have tiaras with coloured stones. Peraps there would a slight chance that Queen Margrethe loans her one of her tiaras as Queen Ingrid has done the same in the past when Princess Margaretha ttended the british coronation in 1953.

I hope Crown Princess Mary will get to wear the The Pearl Poiré Tiara as a loan from QMII. I know this is wishful thinking because it's really possible that she will just wear her non-colored go-to tiaras, her Wedding Tiara (with pearls) or the Edwardian Tiara.

I hope Crown Princess Mary will get to wear the The Pearl Poiré Tiara as a loan from QMII. I know this is wishful thinking because it's really possible that she will just wear her non-colored go-to tiaras, her Wedding Tiara (with pearls) or the Edwardian Tiara.

If she would get toe wear this one they would follow precedent as then Crown Pricness Ingrid wore it at the british coronation in 1927 and 1853 it was loaned to Princess Margaretha.

If she would get toe wear this one they would follow precedent as then Crown Pricness Ingrid wore it at the british coronation in 1927 and 1853 it was loaned to Princess Margaretha.
Which tiara did Queen Margrethe wear to Emperor Akihito's coronation?

If they attend i think Mary will wear a diamond tiaras as the japanese imperial ladies all do not have tiaras with coloured stones. Peraps there would a slight chance that Queen Margrethe loans her one of her tiaras as Queen Ingrid has done the same in the past when Princess Margaretha ttended the british coronation in 1953.

I am aware that the Japanese ladies ten not to wear coloured stones, but I would assume that a visitor could. In the event that Mary decides not to wear coloured stones, I think she will end up wearing her wedding tiara. I don't think Margarethe will lend out any of her tiaras.

I don't think CP Mary will wear the Pearl Poiré before she becomes queen consort. The Rubies are already a queen's tiara by Danish standards (Queen Ingrid wore them frequently), but have now passed (per Queen Ingrid's will) to the Crown Princesses. If the Danish court feels that CP Mary needs to step up her tiara game for a Japanese enthronement banquet, the natural choice would be to wear the full Ruby parure.

I am aware that the Japanese ladies ten not to wear coloured stones, but I would assume that a visitor could. In the event that Mary decides not to wear coloured stones, I think she will end up wearing her wedding tiara. I don't think Margarethe will lend out any of her tiaras.

As mentioned above, Queen Silvia wore the Leuchtenberg Sapphire Tiara for Emperor Akihito's enthronement, so I don't think there is a "no colored stones" rule for foreign guests.

Last edited:
I don't think CP Mary will wear the Pearl Poiré before she becomes queen consort. The Rubies are already a queen's tiara by Danish standards (Queen Ingrid wore them frequently), but have now passed (per Queen Ingrid's will) to the Crown Princesses. If the Danish court feels that CP Mary needs to step up her tiara game for a Japanese enthronement banquet, the natural choice would be to wear the full Ruby parure.

As mentioned above, Queen Silvia wore the Leuchtenberg Sapphire Tiara for Emperor Akihito's enthronement, so I don't think there is a "no colored stones" rule for foreign guests.
Agreed. Sonja wore the Emerald Parure Tiara last time. So it seems to me that the ladies opt for their grander pieces for this event.

Non-coloured stones is probably a non-question for foreign guests. Queen Silvia has worn tiaras with both Sapphires (Enthronment) and Rubies (State Visit) in Japan previously.

Queen Margrethe rarely shares her tiaras, so that's not very likely to happen. But if she does, Mary might get the Baden palmette tiara. But I don't think that will happen. If she attends, then it's probably the ruby tiara. Since Denmark has not yet announced who will attend, it could also be the Queen herself. In that case I think she'll wear the pearl poire tiara and pearl necklace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom