Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 2: 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first two events in the new year tradionally take place on New Year's Day: The New Year Receptions in Japan and Danmark.

Most Japanese Princesses have only one tiara. CP Masako has two, but didn't wear her wedding tiara for years and hasn't attended the recption for several years. So guessing the Japanese tiaras is not too exciting. Still, I love to see all the Ladies in their sparkling sets of jewels.

In Danmark it's normally CP Mary with the rubies and Princess Marie with her wedding tiara. Queen Margrethe has worn the emerald parure two years in a row, in 2014 and 2015. So I think that she will wear the pearl tiara with her big pearl necklace again.

Mary to debut the Floral Aigrette Tiara in its original frame configuration
Marie her wedding tiara
Queen Margrethe the Pearl Poire Tiara with the Crown Pearls.

I actually hope that CPss Mary will debut this necklace as a tiara. But I suspect she will wear the rubies.

Hopefully Catherine attends the Spanish State Banquet and wears the Lover's Knot so we can get a good look.

Mary to debut the Floral Aigrette Tiara in its original frame configuration
Marie her wedding tiara
Queen Margrethe the Pearl Poire Tiara with the Crown Pearls.

I would be very surprised to see Mary in the Aigrette before she's Queen. It was worn by Queen Ingrid as Queen and then passed to Margrethe when she became Queen. Although it's not one of the Crown Jewels, it does seem like they're playing it like that. That being said, I would love to see Mary in a "new" tiara. Seeing her in the Ruby's year after year has grown stale, as much as I absolutely love the Ruby's.

What's next tiara even in the agenda?

Likely the New Years Court in Denmark. I can't imagine that anyone else is having a tiara event before then.

=GömdNatt;1848152

Likely the New Years Court in Denmark. I can't imagine that anyone else is having a tiara event before then.

Thanks.I would say that maybe a state visit from somewhere would fit it now, but I doubt it will happen during christmas time.

Last edited by a moderator:
My guesses for New Years:

Margrethe: Pearl tiara
Mary: Ruby tiara
Marie: Wedding tiara

I really can't imagine that the DRF will start tiara-sharing right now, and certainly not with Queen Margrethe's most favourite floral aigrette tiara. She has worn it so often and obviously loves to play around with it's various possibilities that I'm sure that she will keep it to herself for life. I don't think that Margrethe will ever abdicate, but if she does, this will probably the tiara that she keeps to herself.

It would be phantastic to see Mary's new necklace again as tiara, but I don't think that it will be the New Year's Court. The necklace/tiara is beautifully crafted, but it's rather small and not very much diamond-encrusted. So I think it will come out at a lower-profile event than the New Year's Court.

I make my guesses too for new year reception to Denmark

Queen : I want to see again the Naasut tiara
Mary: Possibly again Ruby Tiara
Marie: Again Diamond Floral Tiara (Marie wore another tiara?)

I really hope we get atleast one tiara occasion when CXVIG turns 70 on 30:th April !

Next Week King Harald and Queen Sonja 25th coronation anniversary
NRF
Queen Sonja: Queen Josephine's Diamond Tiara or Empress Josephine Emerald Tiara with the Queen Maud's pearl and diamonds sets
Crown Princess Mette-Maritt: Diamond Daisy tiara
Princess Martha Louise: borrow from aunt Princess Astrid(Vasa Tiara
Princess Astrid: The Vasa Tiara or the The Aigrette

Next Week King Harald and Queen Sonja 25th coronation anniversary
NRF
Queen Sonja: Queen Josephine's Diamond Tiara or Empress Josephine Emerald Tiara with the Queen Maud's pearl and diamonds sets
Crown Princess Mette-Maritt: Diamond Daisy tiara
Princess Martha Louise: borrow from aunt Princess Astrid(Vasa Tiara
Princess Astrid: The Vasa Tiara or the The Aigrette

I don't think we will see any tiaras in Norway next week. By the announced program to official dinners or banquets are set. The program only includes a luncheon, private dinners and a concert.

I don't think we will see any tiaras in Norway next week. By the announced program to official dinners or banquets are set. The program only includes a luncheon, private dinners and a concert.
It is a wishful thinking

It would be a nice surprise to see tiaras in Norway, and I'd be very, very surprised indeed. 'Private dinner at Skaugum' sounds much more like black tie few jewels or maybe even suits and short dresses?

But I think that King Carl Gustav's birthday is a completely different think. His 50th and 60th birthdays had glittering white tie galas, and I expect another one this April. One of my biggest wishes for this gala: Princess Charlene wearing a tiara at a proper event!

It would be a nice surprise to see tiaras in Norway, and I'd be very, very surprised indeed. 'Private dinner at Skaugum' sounds much more like black tie few jewels or maybe even suits and short dresses?

The question is if we will get pics from the 2 private Dinners In Norway. But i agree most likely it will be black tie at best.

The question is if we will get pics from the 2 private Dinners In Norway. But i agree most likely it will be black tie at best.

I doubt it, maybe from the second one held at the Royal Palace.

Private dinners are usually never "white tie" in the scandinavian monarchies, atleast not in these days. Would be very surprised (although positively) if the norwegian dinners are.

Doubt we'll get any pics. If so It's likely from the arrivals and nothing more.

We'll likely get some good parties when King Carl XVI Gustaf turns 70 on April 30. As he choosed to celebrate both his 50:th and 60:th birthdays with one white tie event included, there is probably a good chance that we'll see one in April too. Especially as this year is also his and Silvias 40:th wedding anniversary so maybe Silvia will finally wear the Cameo tiara again.

Last edited:
Both the Cameo and the Braganza tiara haven't seen the light of day since Victoria & Daniels wedding. It would be great if the Queen wore one of them. I would opt for the Braganza, because the cameo tiara can potentially a Nobel tiara. Queen Silvia could do us the favour and wear it a State Visit or the Nobels, while the Braganza is reserved for the really big events.

As for Norway, I believe that we'll see a big tiara gala next year, at King Harald's 80th birthday.

Both the Cameo and the Braganza tiara haven't seen the light of day since Victoria & Daniels wedding. It would be great if the Queen wore one of them. I would opt for the Braganza, because the cameo tiara can potentially a Nobel tiara. Queen Silvia could do us the favour and wear it a State Visit or the Nobels, while the Braganza is reserved for the really big events.

I would actually love if the Queen wore the Cameo Tiara for the King's birthday gala dinner. And that is by three reasons. First, she hasn't worn it since 2007, and it hasn't been seen since Victoria wore it for her wedding. Second, It is a family tiara owned by the King and it would be a lovely gesture as the celebrate their 40th Wedding anniversary this year. Third, thinking of all new monarchs in Europe we could expect some glittering incoming state visits in the year to come. And I would rather prefer it to be seen on the Queen then.

It would be nice if the Queen would weear the Cameo Parure again but it would also be nice to see the Braganza again. And it is not a given that the Queen will wear the Braganza tiara at incoming State Vkisits from other monarchies. She hasn't worn it at the State Visits from Jordan and Luxembourg. And i think it could also be that she will loan the Cameo tiara to Victoria at some point as it was never reserved for the Queen like the Braganza tiara. Actually it wasn't worn by the Queens between Josephine and Silvia

She didn't wear it for the state visit from Spain either. But I still think it is a nice way to do it.

It is not strange that the Cameo hasn't been worn by more Queens as it has not been owned by the mainline of the Royal Family in all generations. It is not, as the private property of the King. I don't mind the Queen sharing this tiara, but I would still find it lovely if she wore it for the King's birthday.

She didn't wear it for the state visit from Spain either. But I still think it is a nice way to do it.

It is not strange that the Cameo hasn't been worn by more Queens as it has not been owned by the mainline of the Royal Family in all generations. It is not, as the private property of the King. I don't mind the Queen sharing this tiara, but I would still find it lovely if she wore it for the King's birthday.

As she took the Connaught tiara in 1996 and the braganza tiara in 2006, i don't think any of them will be used at a potential white tie dinner this april. I think it will be the Cameo tiara or the sapphire tiara or the nine prong tiara.
But i may be wrong.

The Cameo tiara was rarely seen at all between Queen Josefina and Queen Silvia. Josephine gave it to Princess Eugenie and as far as i know there is no picture of her wearing it. She left it to Prince Eugen who had no use of it as he never married. He loaned the tiara to Crown Princess Margareta at a couple of occassions (who very often acted as swedens first lady as Queen Victoria was almost never present) and also to Princess Ingrid for a masquerade ball. He later gave it to Princess Sibylla who only wore it a few times and almost always opted for the lighter Connaught tiara instead, hence why the connaught tiara is called Princess Sibyllas tiara in Sweden. As we all know she loaned the Cameo tiara to 2 of her daughters at their weddings and then left it to the King. So basically it has always been a rare piece.

Last edited:
Official dinner coming up in Sweden on February 3rd. According to the Royal Court Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria and Princess Sofia (and their hubbies) will attend the dinner.

Interesting. I guess Victorias participation will be pending on how she'a feeling that day. It's not far from planned delivery :)

I think that Princess Christina's attendance is not announced in their calendar, so she might be a fourth lady.

For Princess Christina I'd love to see her with the aquamarine tiara. It's so much more beautiful than the 6-buttons tiara. Sofia will probably wear her own emerald tiara. The queen and Crown Princess are more difficult to guess. But maybe the light cut steel tiara could be a good guess for the highly pregnant princess.

Last edited:
Christina wore the aquamarine tiara at the representation dinner in february borh 1 and 2 years ago so that's possible. Altough Victoria took the 6-button tiara instead last year and paired it with all parts of the cameo parure except the tiara.

Sofia will likely wear her emerald and diamond tiara.

Would love if the Queen dusted off the Connaught Ruby tiara again

As always is there a distinction between wishes and predictions. I go with both.

Wishes/Predictions
Queen Silvia Ruby Tiara/Nine Prong
Crown Princess Victoria Amethyst Tiara/Large Cut Steel Tiara
Princess Sofia Diamond Rivere Bandeau/Emerald Wedding Tiara
Princess Christina Large Cut Steel Tiara/Six Button Tiara

I think that Princess Christina's attendance is not announced in their calendar, so she might be a fourth lady.

For Princess Christina I'd love to see her with the aquamarine tiara. It's so much more beautiful than the 6-buttons tiara. Sofia will probably wear her own sapphire tiara. The queen and Crown Princess are more difficult to guess. But maybe the light cut steel tiara could be a good guess for the highly pregnant princess.
I have to agree that it's very probable that Victoria will wear the cut steel one because of the weight. I also agree on Sofias emerald (I think that was what you meant to say ;P)
Madeleine, probably her usual modern. Silvia... hmm... probably the nine pronger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom