Suggested jewels for Crown Princess Mary to celebrate the birth of twins

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dee4855

Courtier
City
Dallas
Country
United States
Any guess on what the "push" gift will be for the twins? After delivering #2 it better be big and shiny. lol

I was thinking about the beautiful diamond bracelet she wore to V&D's wedding that matches her earrings. If it was loaned that would make a nice little gift. The tiara would be much better though.

I would love to see some type of suite of diamonds. Like a diamond tennis necklace and matching bracelet. Something she can wear throughout her life as something we will always remember saying "she got that with the twins" I think it should be important enough for formal occasions but also wearable to cocktail parties.
Any other ideas?

Nice suggstions, but isn't it customary for the Danish royal ladies to receive sapphire jewellery for the birth of a child? I'd love to see a pair of sapphire earrings and (or) a bracelet. Maybe with some pears to match Mary's brooch. A diamond tennis necklace (like rubies suggested) with a sapphire pendant (a bit like Diana's) would also be a good choice, IMO.

Bobby

I did not realize that sapphires were the chosen gift. It would be nice then with the diamond tennis necklace with a beautiful sapphire and pearl pendant. Matching tennis bracelet. Mary does love her pearl earrings. They would be lovely with a sapphire drop added.

I wish Frederik would, could, buy the midnight tiara for her :)
The tiara will be great gift for her.
What jewels received Mary when Christian and Isabella born?

I could be forced :D to take any of your selections. I am like you #1 is my favorite since it also has pearls. It would be wonderful if it could also be converted into a tiara since I do not remember a sapphire tiara. Beautiful choices. :flowers:

The tiara will be great gift for her.
What jewels received Mary when Christian and Isabella born?

I am not for sure. I just know someone will show up and let us both know. lol :flowers:

When Prince Christian was born The Queen gave Princess Mary a sapphire, pearl and diamond brooch that had belonged to Crown Princess Margaret of Sweden - The brooch. And when Princess Isabella was born Frederik gave her a pendant with light blue and pink stones (AFAIK sapphires, but they may also be topazes) - The pendant

Bobby

I wish Frederik would, could, buy the midnight tiara for her :)

Indeed a new tiara would a very much appreciated by us jewellery addicts. But why buy the Midnight tiara when The Crown Princess can borrow it from the jeweller whenever she wants to?

When Prince Christian was born The Queen gave Princess Mary a sapphire, pearl and diamond brooch that had belonged to Crown Princess Margaret of Sweden - The brooch. And when Princess Isabella was born Frederik gave her a pendant with light blue and pink stones (AFAIK sapphires, but they may also be topazes) - The pendant

Bobby

Do you know what the Prince gave her for the birth of Christian? TIA:flowers:

:previous:

I'm sorry, but I don't know. You can ask in Mary's jewellery thread, though.

Regards,
Bobby

Bobby
Thanks I knew about the brooch, but not the pendant. :flowers:

I thought there was a ring too for the birth of Princess Isabella. I really like the pendant CP Mary received for P. Isabella's birth - adding on to it would probably be too much, but maybe some "matching" earrings? Or a tennis bracelet with the birthstones of the whole family?

I like all the suggestions so far. I would love to see her receive some nice sapphire jewelry. But Fred's cousin Crown Princess Marie Chantal, designed those diamond little girl and little boy pendants and they look very cute. Maybe he could get a discount on those.

I don't like those. I think they look rather tacky, but maybe that's because they've been reproduced for the masses with birthstones, artifical birthstones, etc. Plus have we ever seen Marie Chantal wearing them? Or does she just claim to wear them to seel them?

Indeed a new tiara would a very much appreciated by us jewellery addicts. But why buy the Midnight tiara when The Crown Princess can borrow it from the jeweller whenever she wants to?
I just thought it would be nice to include it in the royal collection so ensure that at some time in the future Isabella and perhaps a sister or two of hers might use it as well. The Danish tiara collection needs to be replenished IMO - with the drop-let tiara given to countess Alexandra and the Khedive being bequeathed to Anne Marie, etc.

It would be interesting to see if she would get 1 set or 2 sets (1 set for each new born). I'd like to see her get a new grand necklace set instead of small things like a brooch or pendant for a change.

Although I would love to see a new tiara for Mary, it seems a bit likely considering she got a (merely! lol) brooch for the birth of the heir and just a pendant (though I loved it) for the birth of Isabella, I don't think she will get a tiara for the birth of the twins.

^^^ Definitely, she's lucky if she gets earrings lol! Although if I was Mary I would complain about carrying twins and how it's double the work so I deserve double the gifts! Wishful thinking.... lol

Well as she would get two earrings, she get's double the gifts :lol:

The Duchess of Portlands jewels are due to go to auction on 1st december at Christies I think. There is a very nice tiara and some other very nice jewels although the estimated prices are rather high. However, our Mary deserves something nice right?

I would love for Princess Elisabeth to gift her tiara to Mary but that wld only happen in a dream world. The Danish are in such desperate need of a sapphire tiara. Some nice sapphire earrings would make a lovely gift.

Or perhaps some of the jewels from the late countess Ruth - who was buried on the day of the announcement of Mary's pregnancy. Countess Ruth had several beautiful tiaras - and even though she has heirs, the question is how much they would need them. Countess Ruth's jewellery is very much a part of Danish royal history - Slaikjaer - Ruth Tiaras and Slaikjaer - Ruth Brooches. I do hope that the queen/CP Frederik might try to get some of these jewels into the main line.

i am all for the elizabeth tiara! but really the pin was a gift from henrik. fred needs
to step it up in jewelry department.

Back
Top Bottom