Spanish Royal Jewels: Suggested changes and additions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think Queen letizia or King Felipe should buy some Aquamarine stones or/and pink tourmalines for the new "Ansorena" Tiara. I would be nice if she could switch between several stones, like Sonja and her modern gold Tiara,

Australian pearls, diamonds, aquamarines and pink tourmalines | Royal Jewellery Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

Letizia is not very creative on the jewel front I doubt that would even cross her mind and would probably be a waste of the kings money ;)

Letizia is not very creative on the jewel front I doubt that would even cross her mind and would probably be a waste of the kings money ;)

Yes i know ?.. I wounder Princess Leonor will receive an own Tiara, I have read Ansorena will make a new Tiara for her.. I just hope a better one then Letizia´s

They could also make the pearls in the Cartier diamond and pearl (from Victoria Eugenia) interchangable. Queen Victoria Eugenia used to change them with emeralds but sadly she had to sell them at some point.

But sadly Queen Letizia deosn't seem to have much Interest in the Family Jewels as she only needs the bigger peaces if she has to and then also the minimum.

Yes i know ?.. I wounder Princess Leonor will receive an own Tiara, I have read Ansorena will make a new Tiara for her.. I just hope a better one then Letizia´s

And then it will take years if she starts wo wear it. I have heard rumours that Letizia was gifted a tiara for her Wedding which was not worn so far.

That tiara is perfect as a starter tiara but its not what I would consider a queens tiara and would be ideal for Leonor/Sofia in a few years.

They could also make the pearls in the Cartier diamond and pearl (from Victoria Eugenia) interchangable. Queen Victoria Eugenia used to change them with emeralds but sadly she had to sell them at some point.

But sadly Queen Letizia deosn't seem to have much Interest in the Family Jewels as she only needs the bigger peaces if she has to and then also the minimum.

Yes its a shame Q.VE sold them. I ve read she sold them for paying the wedding of JC and Sofia. The Cartier Tiara would be lovely with Sapphires or Emeralds, every coloured Stone would be nice i guess.. Tbh im suprised Q.Sofia/K.JC never bought some coloured stones.. But it seems also Q.Sofia wasnt a great jewel lover, Just in her younger years she changed between her jewels. later it was mostly the same

And then it will take years if she starts wo wear it. I have heard rumours that Letizia was gifted a tiara for her Wedding which was not worn so far.

Yes ive heard that too but i think that just rumours. its a shame we do not see all wedding gifts on a table like in the past.

That tiara is perfect as a starter tiara but its not what I would consider a queens tiara and would be ideal for Leonor/Sofia in a few years.

Yes i agree.. i dont think we will see that Tiara very often on Q.Letizia.

Last edited:
This would be again a diamond Tiara without coloured stones but i think they could make a Bandeau like the dutch Diamond Bandeau. Sofia owns two Diamond Collet necklaces and Letizia the joyas the pasar.

small one
https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...du-gala-dinner-at-the-king-picture-id95901298

mid size
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/97/d7/30/97d730a712b5ff29f08ec38fe1fece8b--diamond-tiara-barcelona.jpg

Do we know for sure if the SRF have 2 collet necklaces, or is it the same one adjusted for length? Have we ever seen them worn together?

I know Letizia wore a small collet necklace and bracelet in Japan recently for the enthronement.

I think Q. Ena gave one of her smaller collet to her son Jaime, his widow sold it in 1982 and was bought by someone close to the Spanish Royal Family.

I think Q. Ena gave one of her smaller collet to her son Jaime, his widow sold it in 1982 and was bought by someone close to the Spanish Royal Family.

Query whether J-C had an opportunity to buy it back?

This would be again a diamond Tiara without coloured stones but i think they could make a Bandeau like the dutch Diamond Bandeau. Sofia owns two Diamond Collet necklaces and Letizia the joyas the pasar.

small one
https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...du-gala-dinner-at-the-king-picture-id95901298

mid size
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/97/d7/30/97d730a712b5ff29f08ec38fe1fece8b--diamond-tiara-barcelona.jpg

Queen Sofia wearing the Small Diamond Collet necklace

And the larger Diamond Collet necklace

https://images.app.goo.gl/N5hydka32Xmsdrh2A

Lets hope it is not the same necklace adjusted for size, and that the SRF do indeed have two collet necklaces.
She has worn the longer collet necklace in June 2014 just a few days before the abdication of her husband when also the last wore "La Buena".

Would love to see the 2 of them worn together ,I don't think queen Sofia has though I could be wrong.

Would love to see the 2 of them worn together ,I don't think queen Sofia has though I could be wrong.

Actually it would be great if they could be set as 2 or 3 strings, like QE2's Festoon necklace.

Actually it would be great if they could be set as 2 or 3 strings, like QE2's Festoon necklace.

Or simple worn together as the Queen Mum did with 2 diamond collet necklaces and susped a single diamond from the shoprter one.
But i think it is unlikely that Queen Letizia will do that as she is no very creative in her ways to use the Jewels which are avalible to her. And then she seldom wears necklaces at all.

Or simple worn together as the Queen Mum did with 2 diamond collet necklaces and susped a single diamond from the shoprter one.
But i think it is unlikely that Queen Letizia will do that as she is no very creative in her ways to use the Jewels which are avalible to her. And then she seldom wears necklaces at all.

Give her time, I think she has potential. She has now used all the large tiaras in the collection. She has worn one of the collet necklaces and a previously unseen collet bracelet in Japan.

There could well be some jewels we have previously not seen that belonged to Queen Ena or the Countess of Barcelona in the Borbon jewel chest.

There could well be some jewels we have previously not seen that belonged to Queen Ena or the Countess of Barcelona in the Borbon jewel chest.

I think there is also the possbility that some of Infanta Pilar's jewels end up back in the main line at some stage.

Queen Sofia has a lovely cabochon sapphire brooch that would make a beautiful central element in a tiara. She already occasionally uses the brooch as a pendant so it would just add to the versatility if it was also part of a tiara.
https://royalwatcherblog.com/2020/11/02/queen-sophias-star-sapphire-brooch/
Because the original owner was Queen Sofia's great-grandmother, who she was named after, people expect Infanta Sofia will inherit the brooch.

King Felipe VI could acquire these earrings to offer to Queen Letizia. It would good that these earrings returned to the Spanish Royal Family.
These would be perfect not to mention Queen Isabel’s black pearl necklace which sold a few years ago.

These would be perfect not to mention Queen Isabel’s black pearl necklace which sold a few years ago.

Those were sold with a price tag of £500,000-£700,000 back in 2015. As the current queen cares little for jewelry , sadly I don't think we will see any major additions to the Borbon jewel chest under Letizia.

Had they come up for sale in the mod 90's the former king may would possibly have acquired them.

https://www.professionaljeweller.com/christies-to-auction-spanish-royal-family-pearls/

I think Queen Letizia likes jewelry, only she's more discreet.

There's very little evidence to support that claim,on the contrary I think she dislikes wearing jewelry due to her personal taste.

I would surmise it as bare minimum as opposed to discreet.

Back
Top Bottom