The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Which tiara do you think Sofia Hellqvist will wear on her wedding day?
01. Queen Silvia's Fringe Tiara 5 3.82%
02. Amethyst Tiara 4 3.05%
03. Baden Fringe Tiara 13 9.92%
04. Cameo Tiara 7 5.34%
05. Large Steel Tiara 0 0%
06. Small Steel Tiara 6 4.58%
07. Edward VII Ruby Tiara 2 1.53%
08. Six Button Tiara 7 5.34%
09. Four Button Tiara 10 7.63%
10. Connaught Tiara 27 20.61%
11. Laurel Tiara 8 6.11%
12. Small Aquamarine Tiara 0 0%
13. Other Tiara, please specify 4 3.05%
14. New Tiara 33 25.19%
15. No Tiara 5 3.82%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2015, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Imo the amethyst tiara looks to heavy and solid to look good on a bride. But of course that is only my imagination because we have never seen this jewel with a wedding veil.

It's only three weeks now, then we will see which of our speculations were correct! I really fee my curiosity rising.

Old 05-23-2015, 10:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

I've always hoped she'd wear the Amethyst tiara. It would be unusual, but if styled correctly would be absolutely stunning on Sofia.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 05-24-2015, 02:34 AM
Courtier

IMO amongst the tiaras in possession of the SRF today the Connaught tiara would suit Sofia the best for her wedding.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 05-24-2015, 11:52 AM
Serene Highness

I think she will definitely wear a tiara. I hope that Carl does not design it looking at the monogram and the dishes he designed.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:48 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
IMO amongst the tiaras in possession of the SRF today the Connaught tiara would suit Sofia the best for her wedding.
It is the most "fairytale" tiara in the bunch and I have to admit it would look fantastic with a fluffy, filmy veil on top of Sofia's head.

Princess Lillian's Laurel, while more "structured" also echos that romantic vibe. So I'm guessing the Connaught is the most probable, but a small part of me would like to see Princess Lillian's Laurel, for sentimental reasons.
Old 05-31-2015, 12:39 PM
Nobility

I voted for Sofia to wear a new tiara.

I like the fringe tiaras but I eliminated them because they are both so strongly associated with Victoria and Madeleine.

The six button tiara is sneaking up on me as my favorite of the existing tiaras.

I don't like the cameo tiara in general but it looked so amazing on Victoria on her wedding day! I can see Sofia choosing that one because it has been the bridal tiara for previous brides, even ones who were not slated to be future queens, but Victoria may have "ruined" it for future brides given how well she pulled it off.
Old 05-31-2015, 04:57 PM
Commoner

I have always hated both of the button tiaras but somehow I've now started to see the four button as an option. Maybe a very good stylist could make it feel like flowers and somehow bring it out as a flowery, summery tiara for a young, pretty bride?
Old 06-02-2015, 12:41 PM
Serene Highness

Given the history i hold the Cameo tiara and the Connaught Diamond tiara as favourites. Though the baden fringe tiara would work very well as a bridal tiara too.
Old 06-03-2015, 06:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

My guess is that Prince Carl Philip have designed a tiara especially for her with diamonds already in the royal family collection. She will then start her royal life with a tiara all her own.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree. He may well have designed a diadem that is completely new. I think Carl Philip won't want Sofia to be perpetually borrowing tiaras from the Royal collection or wearing a tiara as a bride that's more associated with her sisters in law. I don't think Sonia will wear coloured stones on her wedding day. If she does wear a tiara from the collection I vote for the Baden Fringe or, a long shot, the Laurel.

Of course she may wear a headpiece that is completely different, flowers perhaps or, like Charlene of Monaco, a large diamond brooch!
Old 06-03-2015, 11:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
My guess is that Prince Carl Philip have designed a tiara especially for her with diamonds already in the royal family collection. She will then start her royal life with a tiara all her own.
Yes, I like that idea and it sounds more like them
Old 06-03-2015, 11:47 PM
Heir Apparent

I would like to see her wear the Baden fringe tiara. That's largely because it's the one I like most but I also think it would suit her. I'm not keen on the button tiaras or the cameo.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:59 PM
Heir Apparent

My favorite is the Queen Silvia's Fringe Tiara...then the small Steel Tiara....I also like the Connaught Tiara.

LaRae
Old 06-06-2015, 09:47 PM
Royal Highness

My money is on the Edward VII ruby Tiara, if she wears one.

I know its ownership is somewhat disputed, which is probably why it doesn't get much wear. And because it doesn't get much wear, I think it's perfect to be "her" tiara......Unless Princess Lilian left something sparkly to CP for his future bride to use.
Old 06-06-2015, 10:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post

I know its ownership is somewhat disputed, which is probably why it doesn't get much wear. And because it doesn't get much wear, I think it's perfect to be "her" tiara......Unless Princess Lilian left something sparkly to CP for his future bride to use.
I would like to see that become a signature tiara for Sofia- it's currently underused, and I think it would work well on her. I think the dispute in ownership isn't as big a deal now that the person who fought the royal family on ownership has passed away.
Old 06-07-2015, 03:19 AM
Majesty

I think that is unlikely as it is still a 'sort of', 'almost', big gun. My second reservation is that it is coloured stone and very, very, few royal brides sport anything other than a diamond tiara or, in Silvia and Victoria's case, a traditional one.
Old 06-07-2015, 04:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Sofia, Duchess of Värmland will be married to the man who once was Sweden's Crown Prince and still is the procreator of the direct senior male line of the royal dynasty. So she is not a third-rank princess which has the choice from the left-overs. We will see her with splendid diadems in the future. I wish her a long and happy life and in that life she will most likely wear all diadems in the Bernadotte Foundation except the Bragança Diadem, which is only worn by Queens.

My guess is that Princess Sofia will wear the diamond fringe diadem of Queen Victoria of Sweden born Princess von Baden. Why? Not only because it is one of the most beautiful fringe diadems around, also because via Queen Victoria, the Bernadotte bloodline (of which Prince Carl Philip is the procreator) merged with the bloodline of the original royal Houses of Sweden, the House of Vasa and of Holstein-Gottorp.
Old 06-07-2015, 05:58 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post

Princess Lilian's will was made public. So we know for sure the CP did not inherit a tiara. It seems that she owned two tiaras which were explecitly left to Victoria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I would like to see that become a signature tiara for Sofia- it's currently underused, and I think it would work well on her. I think the dispute in ownership isn't as big a deal now that the person who fought the royal family on ownership has passed away.
Imo the ruby tiara is difficult to place because it is so high with a rather small diamenter. It always sits perched rather high on the crown of the head. This would make it difficult to use as a signature tiara, imo, because it would work with few hair-dos only. Also the coloured stones would limit the range of colours in the gowns, which also is of disadvantage for a signature tiara.

Besides, the former owner's wife, Countess Marianne Bernadotte, is not only still alive, she is most likely amoung the guests. Imo it would be discorteous to her if the bride wore her former tiara.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I think that is unlikely as it is still a 'sort of', 'almost', big gun. My second reservation is that it is coloured stone and very, very, few royal brides sport anything other than a diamond tiara or, in Silvia and Victoria's case, a traditional one.
I completely agree.

Old 06-07-2015, 06:58 AM
Serene Highness

Sofia Hellqvist: Potential Wedding Tiaras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Princess Sofia, Duchess of Värmland will be married to the man who once was Sweden's Crown Prince and still is the procreator of the direct senior male line of the royal dynasty. So she is not a third-rank princess which has the choice from the left-overs. We will see her with splendid diadems in the future. I wish her a long and happy life and in that life she will most likely wear all diadems in the Bernadotte Foundation except the Bragança Diadem, which is only worn by Queens.

My guess is that Princess Sofia will wear the diamond fringe diadem of Queen Victoria of Sweden born Princess von Baden. Why? Not only because it is one of the most beautiful fringe diadems around, also because via Queen Victoria, the Bernadotte bloodline (of which Prince Carl Philip is the procreator) merged with the bloodline of the original royal Houses of Sweden, the House of Vasa and of Holstein-Gottorp.

That "male line" has no function anymore as Sweden since 1980 has full cognatic succession and Carl Philip will not be given any royal priviligies upon the Death of the King that would normally have gone to the monarch. It is important to remember that the royal family is not part of a nobility and that their ducal titles are only honorary titles.

You can add the sapphire tiara and the cameo tiara (with the exception of weddings for the Cameo) to the list of "reserved for the first lady".

Princess Sofia will likely wear the baden fringe tiara from time to time but it is mostly worn by the Crown Princess when there is one as it's also stated in the will left by Queen Victoria.

Sofias main tiaras will likely be the
Amethtyst tiara (wich would suit her dark hair colour very well), shared use of the 2 button tiaras with Christina and shared use of the Cut steel tiara with Victoria.
I wouldn't be surprised if Victoria from time to time will share Lilians tiara with Sofia too as Carl Philip also was very close to Bertil and Lilian.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:00 AM
Super Moderator

My bet is either the Amethyst or the Connaught tiara.

Tags
jewellery, sofia hellqvist, swedish princesses, tiara, wedding, wedding tiara